Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion (2562 Views)

The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy / Religious Issue And Confusion, Please Read This!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Hutchie(m): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2012
I have only been on this forum a short while but I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a place to discuss the Christian faith or to seek edification. Since coming on here I have seen all manner of blasphemy and people who are not Christians or even religious jumping into threads decrying Christianity and castigating the posters. There are people who are not Christians who speak "dogmatically" about issues they are not qualified to speak on or even care about and this results in confusion rather than edification. I know there are a few "lights" in here trying to do the best they can by spreading the message of truth but without proper moderation by Christian moderators I think this is perhaps not the place for Christian fellowship. I wont be surprised if many come out and attack me for posting this but the truth needs to be said and for the genuine Christians on here perhaps we all should heed scriptures and come out from among them (unbelievers - the errant)[2 Cor 6:17] lest we become part-takers of their sins. God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor 14:33) and in spite of the posting rules people are flouting these at will without any recrimination from the so-called moderators which causes this forum to descend into utter confusion.

But what we see here is not surprising since the Spirit speaketh expressedly that these things should happen in the last days:

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2 Tim 3)
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 03, 2012
I agree with you.

This is nothing like a Christian forum.

Consider these verses of scripture :

“Fools mock at sin…” Proverbs 14:9

“The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, but the mouth of fools pours foolishness… the heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge, but the mouth of fools feeds on foolishness.” Proverbs 6:2, 14

A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart.” Proverbs 18:2

A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.” Proverbs 18:7

For scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge.Proverbs 1:22

“But a fool rages and is self-confident.Proverbs 14:16

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise.” Proverbs 12:15

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.Proverbs 1:7

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2012
You both share the same feelings with me. And like we both know, non christians infiltrate!
Nevertheless, i have been inspired by most comments from christians.
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Hutchie(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2012
frosbel,

Excellent scriptures. I could also add the following:

Matt 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by PastorAIO: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
Hutchie:

I have only been on this forum a short while but I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a place to discuss the Christian faith or to seek edification.

frosbel:

I agree with you.

This is nothing like a Christian forum.

To be fair to the forum and to its moderators this is not Supposed to be a christian forum but rather a religion forum. And Christianity is not the only religion in the world. That christians have expected it to be a christian forum and treated it as such is the source of all the disappointments. It is okay to go and oppress moslems where they are discussing their own issues but the minute anybody questions our faith we start feeling persecuted. We need to seize this opportunity to check out ourselves.

1 Like

Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
Pastor AIO:

To be fair to the forum and to its moderators this is not Supposed to be a christian forum but rather a religion forum. And Christianity is not the only religion in the world. That christians have expected it to be a christian forum and treated it as such is the source of all the disappointments. It is okay to go and oppress moslems where they are discussing their own issues but the minute anybody questions our faith we start feeling persecuted. We need to seize this opportunity to check out ourselves.
Seconded,
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by LagosShia: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2012
"frosbel" should be blamed by christians for rubbishing this forum.even though this forum is a general religion forum and not a christian forum,christians belong to this forum.therefore one expect them to propagate their faiths using their scriptures and beliefs.rather,frosbel has turned the forum into an islam bashing forum,propagating articles of hate from anti-islamic sites and promoting preconceived ideas,doubts,suspicion and lies to be attacking Islam in a forum that got nothing to do with Islam and muslims.i am not saying that frosbel and co. should be going to the Islam section to provoke muslims.but i am only pointing out that they have misused and abused their privilege in the religion forum.they cannot talk religion or christianity without finding unjustified ways to attack islam and provoke muslims.normally,a muslim would not interfere in a thread where christians are discussing their own beliefs just as christians should not intrude into a thread (especially in the Islam section) where Muslims are discussing Islamic beliefs or matters.respect beget respect.otherwise,do not expect any breach of respect and courtesy to result in either silence or submission from the other party.
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by foluski: 1:32am On Feb 04, 2012
I've not been here in a while, but I have some issues too.
-Firstly I believe we should be able to talk with each other. U say wat U bliv & I say mine & let naturally d superior pronoucement wil triumph. But if U cant talk to me & neither I to U, aren't we denying ourselves of triumph (in winning sombody) or salvation (in seeing the light) ??
-Nevertheless, if there is a Muslim section, why isn't there a Christian section as well? Immediately I entered d religion forum & I saw d Muslim section & its restriction from non-Muslims, I didn't go there. So if we have a Christian section too Muslims and other non-Christians will also have to keep off. If anyone breaks these rules, why don't d moderators deal with him/her somehow?
-Who are dese pipu posting provocative comments-either from Christians or Muslims- on d forum? Wat is d point?
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 04, 2012
LagosShia:

[b]"frosbel" should be blamed by christians for rubbishing this forum.even though this forum is a general religion forum and not a christian forum,christians belong to this forum.[/b]therefore one expect them to propagate their faiths using their scriptures and beliefs.rather,frosbel has turned the forum into an islam bashing forum,propagating articles of hate from anti-islamic sites and promoting preconceived ideas,doubts,suspicion and lies to be attacking Islam in a forum that got nothing to do with Islam and muslims.i am not saying that frosbel and co. should be going to the Islam section to provoke muslims.but i am only pointing out that they have misused and abused their privilege in the religion forum.they cannot talk religion or christianity without finding unjustified ways to attack islam and provoke muslims.normally,a muslim would not interfere in a thread where christians are discussing their own beliefs just as christians should not intrude into a thread (especially in the Islam section) where Muslims are discussing Islamic beliefs or matters.respect beget respect.otherwise,do not expect any breach of respect and courtesy to result in either silence or submission from the other party.

But you have a separate ISLAM section , right grin

Why should all the others be lumped together as if we are infidels and you are Holy people tongue

I can see that many of my posts have shaken you and rightly so, you will soon become saved, say amen !!
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Enigma(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2012
The opening poster has a point and I agree with his post by and large.

No one has ever claimed this section to be a Christian only forum (as far as I know) even though it was always and still remains largely "occupied" by Christians more than others. Apart from Moslems mainly, who else do the Christians here have a go at? Do the Christians challenge let alone insult the Eckists, the Grail movement adherents, the Ifa worshippers, even the Satanists? The situation of Moslems v Christians is peculiar for particular reasons; and I speak as one who rarely ever engages in the Moslem-Christian brouhahas.

It is also false to claim that the Christians feel persecuted because people "question" our faith. Since I have been visiting this site, Christians have always been ready to answer questions ---- even if the answers are not satisfactory or even maybe not theologically or biblically accurate.

The problem is not about answering questions: the problem has been correctly identified several times and even currently. The problem is with the scoffers, the mockers, the "intellectuals" etc who make sport of attacking (used very deliberately) Christianity. They even lack honesty, intelligence and wit and are quite crude and rude with it. They  resort to all sorts of lies, misinformation and disinformation --- examples are numerous: the Leopold letter, falsehood about the history of Christianity, about the Bible and its history, about the origin of the Trinity etc etc etc ad infinitum, ad nauseam. They even have no guilt or concern about deliberate and fraudulent plagiarism ----- as long as it attacks Christianity.

I think despite our shortcomings, the Christians have done quite well overall here amidst all the assaults from the scoffers, mockers, "intellectuals" etc etc

cool
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by LagosShia: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2012
frosbel:

But you have a separate ISLAM section , right grin

Why should all the others be lumped together as if we are infidels and you are Holy people tongue
i came here with one mission:to stop the nonsense and provocative threads and to reveal the truth and expose falsehood.

I can see that many of my posts have shaken you and rightly so, you will soon become saved, say amen !!
keep dreaming.

my presence here have made this forum balance in its appearance.i have being able to put you and your likes in your position and not only shake you but the very foundations on which all of christianity rests on.
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by tpia5: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2012
Poster, if you're referring to lasinoh, then you should know not everyone on nl is sane.
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
LagosShia:

only shake you but the very foundations on which all of christianity rests on.

You are 'small fry ' , mark my word.

Satan himself failed to stop the Church for thousands of years, here we have one of his followers trying to do what his master failed to do grin
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 04, 2012
tpia@:

Poster, if you're referring to lasinoh, then you should know not everyone on nl is sane.

I have to agree with you !!
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 05, 2012
And the. the insults begin,
undecided
Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Lasinoh: 5:04am On Feb 05, 2012
tpia@:

frosbel:

I have to agree with you !!

Which 'lasinoh'?
You see as you useless NL animals look for trouble? grin
What are you 'gossiping' about me for? Do I owe you?
Tomorrow you will be shouting 'moderator'-'moderator' like cowards and whimps! grin
As NL is peaceful, you dunn like it abi?

Ok. Here goes: kiss

May that your useless GOD of ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB who used a 'spiritual blokos' to help him phock anoda man's wife to conceive a moogoo of a so-called bastardly Jesus of a saviour, whom you killed like a leprous petty thief. . . strike both of you dead before your times for referring to me. kiss
Believers of 'ashawo' trinity with HOLY GHOST BLOKOS!!! kiss

Some of us are here to have fun. . . not follow you like sheep to worship a bigotted God of hypocrisy AND CREATOR OF YOUR ALMIGHTY SPIRITUAL WHOREDOM WITH UNPRODUCTIVE, IMPOTENT BASTARDS FOR SAVIOURS. kiss
This is a relgious section alright. . .FOR UNBELIVERS TOO. kiss

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EweWSpNuWZA[/flash]

Some music to 'h-inspire' you darlings! wink

Mu he he he he he he
I have noticed you.
You may now die like your powerless 'Jesus'! kiss

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855820.0.html

I should count myself lucky that I have not been 'stricken' with some mysterious 'illness' that has paralyzed me like one of your NLanders. . . whom your God or Jesus loves so much huh? If you love yourselves, you berra stop doing 'secret' baby ashawo work all over the www or out of it. . . before your useless God disgraces you by striking you with paralysis! kiss Abi you hear say I need 'healing'? Please go and cure your "Nne Lazarus" of NL and leave me alone! My legs, material and spiritual beings are all blessed and full of life. . . .USE YOUR POWERS TO CURE YOUR OWN DISEASES AND 'SICKNESSES' IN AND OUT OF NL. Thank you! kiss

What are you doing here? Abi YOUR GOD only empowers you with fingers to make trouble on the www? WHY DUN YOO HEAD TO THE SECTION OF NL THAT HAS CRIPPLES WASTING AWAY WITH LUPUS IN BED FROM 'DOING ASHAWO' WITH HOLY GHOSTS IN BABALAWOS SHRINES HUH? cheesy Your pastors are busy bleeding you dry and leaving your skanky azzzes to die wretched paupers all over Nigeria/Africa, without hospitals to diagnose and treat neuroligical problems and you are here making noise? Bloody Nigerian niggers!!! grin

I'd rather remain insane. kiss
Enjor your 'sicknesses' or 'curses'.
To each his or her own! kiss
Sorry, I don't do 'prayer requests' for witches and wizards in Christ! kiss
Na una need am. . . not me! kiss

I berra not catch your useless fingers soliciting for 419 donations in my PM box either, or I will disgrace the phocking begger openly. kiss

TA NU JAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!(*the sound of a bleeting mgbeke "sheep" praising her god*)

Re: The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion by Lasinoh: 7:29am On Feb 05, 2012
-Who are dese pipu posting provocative comments-either from Christians or Muslims- on d forum?

Arf! Arf! cool

Wat is d point?

To pay you in your own miserable coin.
How does it feel sweerie? kiss
Lemme catch any of you on an atheist/agnostic thread huh? kiss

You can do berra than that. STICK TO YOUR CHRISTIAN CORNER. . .and stop comparing.
No one is interested in reading your constant spiritual 'vomitus' aka 'scriptures'!
You should be telling your so-called 'Christian Holy-Ghost' phockers of Christians all that hog sputum you wrote up there. kiss

(1) (Reply)

The Necessity Of Jesus' Sacrifice / Jephthah's Daughter / You Stand Permanently In The Favour Of God As A Believer - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.