Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,577 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo (13845 Views)

NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele / Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. / OPC's Gani Adams, others, Comment On Money For Abiola's Death For SW Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by miqos02(m): 7:55am On Nov 15, 2012
@op you make me angry when did tinubu and can became the mouthpiece of the southwest
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by hubreality(m): 7:58am On Nov 15, 2012
Orblonde: Anyone who disagrees with that will have some very hard convincing to do. I so want this to happen.
...What exactly do you want it happen?
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 15, 2012
kingingkinging:

It is apparent you are an Igbo person. An avreage Igbo person lacks home training, no apologies to any Igbo man dead and alive. Imagine who ever you are using those words up there to drive your point. Dont you know you have lost from the beginning?

Look at your post-SW leaders led by Tinubu .....shamelessly prefer status quo).... I can see why you are the most marginalized.

Igbos marginalised hahahaha no wonder yorubaland look like disney
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NegroNtns(m): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2012
Ndu_chucks,

You are one troublemaker! cool

Listen......regionalism or not, Arewa already divested itself from the center. They are no longer listening to Aso or looking to it for decision making. The Emirates are piloting and steering the Arewa boat.

Biafra also divested itself from the center on Nov 5th. BZM and MASSOB are guiding the way forward for the Igbos.

So I don't understand.......what did you say was wrong with Tinubu again? grin

Hey, dont let the cows chew your ID card, you gonna need it when you cross the border at Mokwa. angry cheesy

1 Like

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by nduchucks: 8:22am On Nov 15, 2012
miqos02: @op you make me angry when did tinubu and can became the mouthpiece of the southwest

Are you a Nigerian? If Tinubu, the Agba-Akin Adinni of Ijeshaland, the Chief Anosare Bugije of Ondo Kingdom, the Erelu Aare Ago of Egbaland, the Asiwaju of Lagos and the Jagaban Borgu, is not considered THE leader in the SW and the mouthpiece of the SW, then no one else qualifies for the duty.

1 Like

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by nduchucks: 8:28am On Nov 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Ndu_chucks,

You are one troublemaker! cool

Listen......regionalism or not, Arewa already divested itself from the center. They are no longer listening to Aso or looking to it for decision making. The Emirates are piloting and steering the Arewa boat.

Biafra also divested itself from the center on Nov 5th. BZM and MASSOB are guiding the way forward for the Igbos.

So I don't understand.......what did you say was wrong with Tinubu again? grin

Hey, dont let the cows chew your ID card, you gonna need it when you cross the border at Mokwa. angry cheesy

You people are not sober and are definitely not ready for democracy. When NASS amends the constitution in a manner which perpetuates the status quo, do not return here to complain. While it may not be fashionable for you all to publicly criticize SW leaders and especially your god(he said so), Tinubu, I am convinced that you agree with what I am saying and wish your leaders took a different course of action on this matter.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NegroNtns(m): 8:28am On Nov 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Are you a Nigerian? If Tinubu, the Agba-Akin Adinni of Ijeshaland, the Chief Anosare Bugije of Ondo Kingdom, the Erelu Aare Ago of Egbaland, the Asiwaju of Lagos and the Jagaban Borgu, is not considered THE leader in the SW and the mouthpiece of the SW, then no one else qualifies for the duty.

hahahaha, ........

which one be Agba Akin Adinni? Anosa what do you even know what erelu symbolze?

I hereby turban ndu_chucks the "kukuwenu wazabanga" of Yorubaland. cheesy cheesy grin.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by hyelhira: 8:29am On Nov 15, 2012
OkparaIgbo:

OMG.. shocked I wasn't born during the war and so on but from my interest in history and information, I have understood that the least tribe you would want to allign with in terms of support in taking a decision is the yorober. Have you forgotten why we the Igbo's still see the yorobers as sly and corny? Did you quickly forget The hero Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu's agreement with Awolowo before the civil war and how Awolowo pulled away when it came to the main thing and left only Ojukwu and the Igbo's to bear the brunt. My friend I am a proud Igbo son and I can confidently tell you that the whole Igbo race have learnt not to seek alliances that will fail when it comes down to the main thing (Those who fail to learn from history are bound to be doomed by it). Once bitten, Twice shy and I am proud that Ohaneze NdiIgbo took the bold step alone showing the other regions like the Yorobers what to do for a better Nation

So why is your compatriot complaining? undecided
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NegroNtns(m): 8:36am On Nov 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You people are not sober and are definitely not ready for democracy. When NASS amends the constitution in a manner which perpetuates the status quo, do not return here to complain. While it may not be fashionable for you all to publicly criticize SW leaders and especially your god(he said so), Tinubu, I am convinced that you agree with what I am saying and wish your leaders took a different course of action on this matter.

......as long the constitution does not interfere with our interpretation of the customary laws of our land, we will help you sustain the status quo. None of us has spoken with tongue in cheek on this issue of land and people.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by nduchucks: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

hahahaha, ........

which one be Agba Akin Adinni? Anosa what do you even know what erelu symbolze?

I hereby turban ndu_chucks the "kukuwenu wazabanga" of Yorubaland. cheesy cheesy grin.

FYI:

Agba Akin Adinni

Negro_Ntns:

......as long the constitution does not interfere with our interpretation of the customary laws of our land, we will help you sustain the status quo. None of us has spoken with tongue in cheek on this issue of land and people.

At least, you are not shamelessly defending the goons.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Akanbiedu(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2012
nna suks. When are you going to ask questions about your SW man OBJ? He?
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Akanbiedu(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2012
Gbawe is doing well on this thread. hehe
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by nduchucks: 8:44am On Nov 15, 2012
Akanbi_edu: nna suks. When are you going to ask questions about your SW man OBJ? He?

My man OBJ? cheesy

OBJ belongs in jail. Barawo banza

You are a trouble maker, why are you mentioning Gbawe. Nobody can silence uncle Gbawe, he will be here with his opinion soon.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Akanbiedu(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

My man OBJ? cheesy

OBJ belongs in jail. Barawo banza

You are a trouble maker, why are you mentioning Gbawe. Nobody can silence uncle Gbawe, he will be here with his opinion soon.

your bait didn't work this time. give it up.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by PointB: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2012
OkparaIgbo:

. As for your ignorant speech as to why the aboki's kill, I would only refer you to the massacre that took place in the deeper life churches and co and count how many Igbo men/women/children were fallen and do a self check. I have respect for myself and people to engage you in mockery of the departed..Be wise

Have you just realised it? Yorubas don't count their dead from the hands of blood thirsty abokis, they prefer to keep a tab on Igbo death. Butchered Yorubas are often considered collateral damage. That's the sad reality.

3 Likes

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NegroNtns(m): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2012
Ohhh, the article is good reference for his title but did you miss where he is referred as the "leader of ACN"?

ACN exist because of a need to "sustain a center", if the center dissapears ACN will fold with it......and so does Tinubu.

Tinubu is our "status quo troubleshooter", and that should be another honorary title if yiu care. Tinubu, the "sqt" of Yorubaland..

1 Like

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by nduchucks: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Ohhh, the article is good reference for his title but did you miss where he is referred as the "leader of ACN"?

ACN exist because of a need to "sustain a center", if the center dissapears ACN will fold with it......and so does Tinubu.

Tinubu is our "status quo troubleshooter", and that should be another honorary title if yiu care. Tinubu, the "sqt" of Yorubaland..

Son of a b*tch!! A brutally honest Yoruba son, you are. You are one of the few, who are bold enough to state the truth as it is.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by felifeli: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2012
ndu_chucks: It appears to me that Tinubu and other ACN goons, who by all accounts, are the leaders of the SW, and who run most of the states in the SW, have no desire whatsoever for the progress of our country. One would think that the same people who have been clamoring for Regional Integration, would be at the forefront of the battle to improve upon our current system of government, which desperately needs elements of Regionalism and true Federalism, even if their components are introduced piecemeal.

When it is politically useful for them, these irresponsible leaders, who are only after concessions, buying up State land and selling those choice land to their cronies, will be screaming for Sovereign National Conference. As soon as the opportunity for real constitutional changes present themselves, these leaders go into hiding and flood the media in the SW with news which talk about every issue except the important ones of real constitutional changes.

I will leave the writing of an epistle to people like Gbawe, so I will be brief here.

Every well meaning group has made several submissions to the NASS committee on constitutional review. I am most impressed by the submission of Ohaneze’s because it provided a very practical blueprint for Regionalism and Federalism. You’d think that the SW leaders would team up with such groups and apply real pressure on NASS, inform the people, and even organize peaceful demonstrations in support of Regionalism and true Federalism.
I submit to you that these SW leaders are nothing but frauds and I ask you: Where is their call for Regionalism which would actually make their current clamor for Regional Integration a moot point

Ohaneze's Submission To NASS – Worth Reading

Once again and in typical fashion the Ibo have the global monopoly of wisdom and the Ibo point of view is paramount. I doff my hat at this gargantuan arrogance. Ndigbo I salute you.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NegroNtns(m): 9:01am On Nov 15, 2012
We ve been telling you all along....but you are so locked into fulani herding problems you fail to see the light.

Tinubu is okay.....nithing wrong with him.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Akanbiedu(m): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2012
What do you centrists take opposition for? MumU or what?

ACN in conjuction with other well-meaning opposition parties will work together to bring about the change we desire and not the change you give. The ACN is not interested in change that furthers your interest.

For example we clamoured for democracy, the government cancelled a popular mandate and gave us OBJ. Democracy was given of course but can anyone say its what we clamoured for? OBJ's CONFAB is still fresh in our minds. That one almost got us a third term. Jonathan's first assignment in office was term elongation.

So ACN has to becareful with you guys.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NegroNtns(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2012
felifeli:

Once again and in typical fashion the Ibo have the global monopoly of wisdom and the Ibo point of view is paramount. I doff my hat at this gargantuan arrogance. Ndigbo I salute you.

ohh really! ..we shall see when constitution come out and there is new definitions around domiciliary laws .
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by nduchucks: 9:12am On Nov 15, 2012
Akanbi_edu: What do you centrists take opposition for? MumU or what?

ACN in conjuction with other well-meaning opposition parties will work together to bring about the change we desire and not the change you give. The ACN is not interested in change that furthers your interest.

For example we clamoured for democracy, the government cancelled a popular mandate and gave us OBJ. Democracy was given of course but can anyone say its what we clamoured for? OBJ's CONFAB is still fresh in our minds. That one almost got us a third term. Jonathan's first assignment in office was term elongation.

So ACN has to becareful with you guys.

The above posts shows that you people are yet to leave the caves, for the urban region of civilized democratic process. What we are talking about is the process of amending the constitution. This is not the time to be in opposition, but to work together to improve our young democracy. You'll only have yourselves to blame when the amended constitution emerges and you do not like its effects on your interests.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by muktarmtt(m): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2012
Baby mama:

I agree 100%.This is the way to go
Men u try writting all dis I dnt have 2 read but I tink it waz gud
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NegroNtns(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The above posts shows that you people are yet to leave the caves, for the urban region of civilized democratic process. What we are talking about is the process of amending the constitution. This is not the time to be in opposition, but to work together to improve our young democracy. You'll only have yourselves to blame when the amended constitution emerges and you do not like its effects on your interests.

...whattt! In the history of Nigerian constitutional amendments Yorubas have facilitated interpretations for its legal jargons. We are never unaware of its trappings and double contradictions...make that triple! cool
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by NET1(m): 9:30am On Nov 15, 2012
The position of the Ndigbo is perfect. This tribal war is totally out of place. This is one of the reasons I avoid the political section of this Nairaland. I think we should put pressure on the National Assembly to ensure that they this Ndigbo Recommendation is carried out. Let's stop this Tribal War here. It ain't helping us at all.

PS: This guy called Demdem is one of the few persons who I really have respect for on this forum. I have never seen him throw tantrums at other people 'cos of their tribe.

Although he seems to be one of GEJ's frontline haters, (which I think he takes too far sometimes wink cheesy ), he's articulate in thoughts. Oga, I hail o.

.NET
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Dainfamous: 10:06am On Nov 15, 2012
owobokiri:

I am being brutally frank and realistic here. It is called diplomacy. Southerners should take this seriously. We have had, Afonja, Akintola, Awolowo, Obasanjo, Diya and now Tinubu. At different stages, these characters have led the west to pursue goals that contradicts the aspirations of other parts of the south. There must be a reason for this. Oil? Let the SE and SS promise the SW some oil wells or some sort constant supply of cheap oil. The SW is busy opposing more resource control allocations to the oil producing states while ACN works hard to unleash a northern agenda in Nigeria. Enough of this. If you want another emir in Lagos as you already have in Ilorin, do so but spare the rest of the south. We can do without this primitive brand of amala politics.
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by icez: 11:10am On Nov 15, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by dounleedee: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
The problems with Nigeria are best perceptible from the various comments here. Is Ohaneze a political party group? Tinubu does not represent the voice of the SW people because he is the leader of a political party. There are millions of westerners who have allegiance to other political parties and as such Tinubu’s position will at best be partisan and not all inclusive. That to me is the flaw with this thread.
Personally, I do not believe in the sincerity of the NASS to conduct a review of the constitution that will satisfy the aspiration of majority of Nigerians. It is very unlikely that the NASS will agree to the modification of the current system of government that will see them loose the perks they currently enjoy. This conjecture notwithstanding, do we really have bodies or groups with selfless interests that represent the voice of the majority of the people from each region in Nigeria?
Ohaneze as a regional group has made its position known on the review of the constitution. There are other Igbo interests canvassing for different positions. Unless there is a referendum at the regional levels that seeks to harmonize the desire and demands of the majority of the people in each region, Ohaneze’s position which ironically I agree with 75% of the way remains the voice of a group and not that of the people.
We have been told by the NASS that Memoranda will be collated from various interests and groups for harmonization. Whether Tinubu agrees with true federalism or not, the desires of the SW will be articulated by other groups and interests, so this thread is like putting the cart before the horse.

2 Likes

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by OkparaIgbo: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
hyelhira:

So why is your compatriot complaining? undecided

Complaining ke? I didn't read a piece were anyone was complaining oh. All I read was a factual piece showing and reaffirming once again the cowardice or should I say the sly and corny nature of the majority of yorobers. You better get off your back side and join in in the fight and not the jamboree you guys were doing during the so called fuel subsidy concerts and were shocked that no other region was interested. This is the reason why, because you run into hiding when serious issues are being tabled

2 Likes

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Katsumoto: 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
ndu_chucks:

A few questions for you

1. What is the extent of the NASS committee? For instance, can it cancel states and revert to regions (say 6)? Can it determine the number of regions?

2. If it indeed has the powers to do so, what will compel it to utilize those powers? It is obvious to a pre-teen intelligent Nigerian that the current political class has neither the moral conviction nor the will to effect change which will reduce its powers and avenues to money.

3. If it indeed embraces regionalism but with the states (and more states created), how will that work in practice?
Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Katsumoto: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
PointB:

We have been down this route before. The SE position is very clear. The request for a sixth state is still very much in line with regionalism. Don' forget that Ohaneze asked that the regions be ethnically and linguistically compatible.

The South South has made earlier made similar request, though verbally during one of the public sessions of the constitutional. Change debate. The same fora which Fashola was evasive in his submission. Shame you conveniently forget this very important event.

Then again, no one is counting or depending on SW leadership to take any serious position on regionalism. Who does want free oil money from Federal purse? Lol. Besides for the rest of US in the south, it's much better that way than for SW in the usual characteristics to say one thing and do another. So keen observers should not be surprised at their stance. Lol

First, it is impractical and mischievious to ask for a state and regionalism at the same time. The agitation for additional states is predicated on the need to receive more revenue from the center. If Ohaneze's demands for regionalism are implemented, it wouldn't matter how many states there are in any region. If the South East wants, it can turn every local government into a state and turn each street into a local government.

Second, you agree that the South South made verbal requests but perhaps you are unaware that several SW groups have been requesting regionalism for decades. Even before the agitation of it from the South South. You continue to display your hatred for Fashola in an irrational manner. For the umpteenth time, Fashola did not argue against federalism; Fashola stated that it would make more sense for personal introspection as that would lead to more sincere and productive changes.

Third, if it is the belief of the South East that it can not rely on the SW, then what is the point of debating this? The SE should clearly formulate its strategy to reflect the current environment. The two regions may want different things or the same things. But if one region continues to feel it is a more dependable and reliable partner, never mind the antecedents, then IT should go it alone. But mind you, it would be infantile for the SE to assume that the SS wants the same things as it does.

1 Like

Re: SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo by Afam4eva(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
Katsumoto:

First, it is impractical and mischievious to ask for a state and regionalism at the same time. The agitation for additional states is predicated on the need to receive more revenue from the center. If Ohaneze's demands for regionalism are implemented, it wouldn't matter how many states there are in any region. If the South East wants, it can turn every local government into a state and turn each street into a local government.
The south-east's request for an additional state is inline with the current arrangement. That means that once the regions are created, everyone will have the liberty to create as many states as they want as long as they'll be the ones funding those states.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances / Governor Obiano Visits Governor Okowa (Photos) / Senate Confirms Buhari's Nominees For Supreme Court, INEC & NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.