Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. (9395 Views)

SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! / SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo / OPC's Gani Adams, others, Comment On Money For Abiola's Death For SW Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by nduchucks: 2:58am On Jan 22, 2012
It appears that the SS leaders are gearing up for an alliance with the SW, in case their son is involved in an accident and yawa come gas. Lets see if a similar communiqué is issued jointly by SS and SE leaders - I wouldn't hold my breadth.  lipsrsealed

Eminent leaders of thought from the South-South and South-West regions of the country have tasked President Goodluck Jonathan to weed out people of dubious loyalty from his government and the security forces in the nation.

The leaders spoke against the background of the threat posed to national unity by the activities of members of the terrorist Boko Haram group and President Jonathan’s declaration that members of the sect had
infiltrated government and the security agencies.

They spoke in unison during the maiden meeting of the leaders and elders of the two regions held at the Efunyela Hall in Ikenne Remo, Ogun State home of Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

The meeting started at about 12p.m. and went into a closed-door session from which it rose at about 4p.m, with the delegates emerging from the venue in an atmosphere of camaraderie characterised by back-slapping, hugging and throwing of banters.

Expectedly, the prevailing issues in the polity dominated discussions in the four-hour cross-fertilisation of ideas on how the ship of state would not founder and national cohesion endangered.

A communiqué entitled: “Strengthening the Unity of Nigeria issued at the end of the jaw-jaw and jointly signed by the leader of the South-South delegates, Chief Edwin Clark, and his counterpart form the South-West, Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi, reads as follows:

The meeting was convened at the instance of the South-South leaders with a view to thanking the Yoruba people for their support towards the victory of President Jonathan at the last elections and to strengthen bridges of cooperation and to expand this bridge-building to other geopolitical zones of the country.

“The meeting condemned very strongly the terrorist activities of the Boko Haram sect, the increasing associated loss of innocent lives especially of Christians and Southerners and the threat the sect poses to the unity of our nation by its ultimatum to non-Northerners to leave the North.

“That the dastardly act of multiple bomb blasts carried out in Kano on Friday, 20th January, 2012 by the Boko Haram sect which claimed several innocent lives and property is totally condemned without equivocation and in the strongest term possible.

“In respect of the Boko Haram threat to national security, the meeting further urged the President not to hesitate to rid his government and the nation’s security forces of all persons of dubious loyalty and to treat the activities of the sect as treason and apply the relevant laws on the culprits and their sponsors,”

The leaders also reiterated the convocation of a national conference to address issues militating against the corporate existence of the country and as well produce a truly federal constitution that will guarantee a unified country.   shocked

On the deployment of soldiers in Lagos State, which has become a political football of some sort, and similar troops deployment in others cities and states of the federation, the meeting affirmed the sacrosanct nature of State Authority in dealing with security matters.

However, the meeting urged President Jonathan to review the deployment of military personnel in all affected areas in the country and where the circumstances so permit, direct the withdrawal of the soldiers from the streets to reduce tension and apprehension.

The meeting also urged the president to firmly prosecute the war against corruption without fear or favour so as to sanitise the country for sustainable growth and development of the economy.

“To this end, the meeting calls on all Nigerians not only to give maximum support and encouragement to the current efforts of President Jonathan in probing the activities of the fuel subsidy but also, to urge him to sanitise the entire oil and gas industry that has always created overnight briefcase billionaires at the expense of the masses,” the communiqué added.

It enjoined the president to commence steps at reducing the cost and size of governance branches of government.

The next meeting of the leaders will be held in the South-South region in April. A 10-member delegation from each of the zones was constituted and mandated to deliver the communiqué to the president.

In attendance at the meeting were Chief Edwin Clark; Senator Felix Ibru; the Obong of Calabar, His Royal Majesty, Dandeson Douglas; a former Petroleum Minister and Amanyanabo of Nembe, Dr Edmund Daukorie; Professor Saleba Mukoro; the Orodje of Okpe, His Royal Majesty Major-General Felix Mujakperuo (retd) a former Inspector General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro; Rear Admiral F.B.I Porbeni; Honourable Tunde Akogun; Dr B.K Adasen; Brigadier-General S. E Oviawe; Senator Bassey Ewa Henshaw; Chief Ayakene E. Whisky; Dr Emmanuel Efezuma;

Others include the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade as well as many royal fathers from the South West zone; Chief Ayo Adebanjo; Chief Gbenga Daniel; Sir Olaniwun Ajayi; Chief Reuben Fasoranti; Chief G.O.K Ajayi; Chief Olu Falae; Lieutenant General Oladipo Diya; Professor Oladapo Afolabi; Professor (Mrs) Adenike Grange; Cjief Akin Omojola; Senator Tony Adefuye; Senator Femi Okurounmu; Chief Dipi Jimilehin.

Also present were Professor Tunde Adeniran; Chief Shuaib Oyedokun; Chief Supo Shonibare; Chief Gani Adams; Rear Admiral Akin Aduwo; Professor Moibi Opeloye; Rear Admiral Femi Olumide; Senator Koforola Bucknor-Akerele; Dr Yemi Farounbi; Chief Oladosu Oladipo; Chief Pekun Awobona; Dr Kunle Olajide; Dr Olatokunbo Awolowo-Dosumu; Chief Abiola Ogundokun; Chief Ebenezer Babatope; Princess Bibi Sangodoyin and many others.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/news/6188-rid-your-govt-security-forces-of-questionable-character-south-south-south-west-leaders-tell-jonathan-want-boko-haram-activities-treated-as-treason-harp-on-national-conference

Pictured below are

Yeye Oodua, Chief (Mrs) H.I.D. Awolowo (2nd right); Oba Okunade Sijuade, the Ooni of Ife (2nd left); Olorogun Senator Felix Ibru (right) and Chief Edwin Clark during the South-South/Yoruba leaders’ meeting held at the Awolowo residence, Ikenne Remo, Ogun State yesterday.

Why did they exclude Tinubu?   lipsrsealed

Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by dayokanu(m): 3:11am On Jan 22, 2012
We dey wait
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Obiagu1(m): 3:19am On Jan 22, 2012
Good. An important part of the communiqué was omitted.
Contained in it was an order for SWners to cease attack on GEJ.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by dayokanu(m): 4:11am On Jan 22, 2012
Why should SW cease attacks on GEJ? Didnt they attack OBJ a fellow SWesterner?
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by houvest: 6:06am On Jan 22, 2012
appears to be a non-acn sw group.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by hercules07: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2012
They are talking to the wrong set of people, these are not Yoruba leaders, as you can see, it is a PDP affair, GEJ knows who to talk to when it comes to the leaders of Yoruba, they are just wasting their time in Ikenne.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by houvest: 11:48am On Jan 22, 2012
The momentum for this call for SNC needs to increase. GEJ needs to heed it now and set the nation on a dialogue starting by february.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by pingpong1: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
Gathering of vultures.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by obowunmi(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
Wat about SE leaders?
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by JimmyBoy1: 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
And didn't SW voted massively for GEJ despite being the home-base of an opposition party?
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2012
its clear these so called "leaders"dont have anything better to do with their time abi? angry
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by ziccoit: 12:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
dayokanu:

Why should SW cease attacks on GEJ? Didnt they attack OBJ a fellow SWesterner?

Don't mind them. We don't play hide and seek game in sw, we tell it as it is. GEJ is a failure. Yes.
 GEJ is still seeing himself as deputy gov of Bayelsa state that was what he wanted to be before he was dragged to be gov and now pres.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by ibide(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
Please go and verify every body on the list are PDP member both side
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by optimistD(m): 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
A word is enough 4d wise.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Dede1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
@POST

I love the composition of individuals alleged to have attended the so-called SW and SS joint consultation meeting. I hope it is an eye opener to those naïve Igbo persons who still call for the formation of one nation that include all the stiffs in southern Nigeria.

The composition of this so called SW and SS meeting has reiterated my resolve that we either have Republic of Igbo land or Biafra which will consist of Igbo, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ijo (Okirika and Kalabari) and certain people in Benue State (Idoma).

Believe me, I love this development and wish it bears some fruits.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Rgp92: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
We're living in a Democratic country. I didnt vote for this people as my leader. GEJ is the leader of Nigeria. He is the leader of sw, ss, se and north. There is not such thing as "Yoruba, Igbo, hause, " anymore. We're Nigerians now. Like it or not.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by 989900: 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
In my small pikin sense, with CPs, some Governors, the IG, some military officers and even the VP being linked to BHaram. . .coupled with other additional issues here and there. . . . . . . . . God forbid (this would take us many years aback) a strong scent of impeachment or assassination might have been sniffed. As much as I despise most of the president's actions and in-actions, WE DON'T NEED THIS NOW.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Demdem(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
obowunmi:

Wat about SE leaders?

Are u for real? Give me their names?
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by emmatok(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
I thought [b]NCHARA,BEAF and co [/b]were making mouth about SS-SE AMALGAMATION.

Now that the SS are officially coming to the SW we are watching what SE is gonna do.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by emmatok(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
Dede1:

@POST

I love the composition of individuals alleged to have attended the so-called SW and SS joint consultation meeting. I hope it is an eye opener to those naïve Igbo persons who still call for the formation of one nation that include all the stiffs in southern Nigeria.

The composition of this so called SW and SS meeting has reiterated my resolve that we either have Republic of Igbo land or Biafra which will consist of Igbo, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ijo (Okirika and Kalabari) and certain people in Benue State (Idoma).

Believe me, I love this development and wish it bears some fruits.

Great .

Now you know that the Itsekiri,EDO,Ilaje and co are not going with Biafra.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by noiseless: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
Good move, these are what should be on every lips and not some evil minded brains posting trash on here shouting igbo igbo all the time.However we will wait and see if the spoilers among them will accept the reality on the ground and be sensible.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
emmatok:

Great .

And they are not joining the yorubas either, just ask them. Though i wouldn't believe the core south-easterners and southerners  would even clamour for those people since their impact have never been felt in those regions.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Yinkay: 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
Posted by: emmatok  
Insert Quote
I thought NCHARA,BEAF and co were making mouth about SS-SE AMALGAMATION.

Now that the SS are officially coming to the SW we are watching what SE is gonna do.

SE is just to form the quorom when decision has been made! Money is not everything, Political power is everything, when the chips are down,the Regions knows who to court first,
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by merengue: 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
Look at this overgrown buffoons calling themselves '"leaders", the only thing they lead are their stomachs.  I have said this repeatedly, politicians irrespective of their tribes are bastard children of accursed parents. The shoeless Otueke fisherman is incompetent, his incompetence has nothing to do with where he came from. Yar'adua was a Northerner who did nothing, OBJ from the SW also failed. You tribalistic buffoons on NL need to stop getting it wrong.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by terrykarl(m): 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
simply put,a meeting of the elders forum of PDP meet to drum up support for the PDP government of GEJ.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Totus: 2:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
This is a good move if it is not party motivated, but nobody should consider attacks on GEJ from any quarter bad. These are to challenge him and strengthening him to get started now before is too late. We don’t subscribe to failure.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by cap28: 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
An IMF BI.TCH is asked to "sanitise his govt" - does that make sense to anyone with an iota of intelligence?  how  can a servant of neo colonialism "sanitise " his govt?

this bi.tch has been bought and paid for by the west - if he diverts from the pre agreed agenda he is toast - WHY CANT NIGERIANS GET IT THAT THIS MAN HAS NOTHING POSITIVE TO OFFER THEM?

WHEN PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS PROTESTED AGAINST THIS B.ITCH'S ACCEPTANCE OF IMF ECONOMIC REFORMS  WHAT HAPPENED?

DIDNT HE SEND THE ARMY TO OCCUPY THEIR STATE?

what does this tell you about this bi.tch?

HE IS BOUGHT AND OWNED BY HIS MASTERS - HOW CAN A SLAVE DIVERT FROM HIS MASTER'S INSTRUCTIONS?

GOODLUCK JONATHAN WILL ONLY CHANGE HIS POSITION IF HE IS BROUGHT DOWN

REVOLUTION IS THE ONLY WAY OUT.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by chino11(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2012
A disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by akigbemaru: 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2012
SE has always been a loser!!! In the name of black gold a.k.a. Oyel -- forcibly flinched to SS, but forget that evil that men do lives after them. After blatantly killing a lot of SS during Biafailed mission, now you are looking for them to help you.

Under current Naija situation, on ibo will loose if Naija divides, they only have 29, 000 km square of landlocked mass ---- I forsee over-crowding for them in future.
Any Yoruba that formed allison with Devil ibos, na Shango laka aiye "god of thunder go strike am." I mean after Naija divides it's coming!!!

Ibo's case, is like a child that vows that its mother will not sleep, either him or her will see sleepness  too.

Yoruba is winning all around the world --- South America, Central America, Europe and Afri
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Dede1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
emmatok:

Great .

Are you for real? I have known for sure that those stiffs have no space in Biafra. Please check your history and you would realize the characters listed in the post formed the major bulk of 3MCDO.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by OK2NV: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2012
rubish and big mistake. the SS should never go into alliance with any yoruba group or man. The yoruba pple are betrayals.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by chino11(m): 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2012
akigbemaru:

SE has always been a loser!!! In the name of black gold a.k.a. Oyel -- forcibly flinched to SS, but forget that evil that men do lives after them. After blatantly killing a lot of SS during Biafailed mission, now you are looking for them to help you.

Under current Naija situation, on ibo will loose if Naija divides, they only have 29, 000 km square of landlocked mass ---- I forsee over-crowding for them in future.
Any Yoruba that formed allison with Devil ibos, na Shango laka aiye "god of thunder go strike am." I mean after Naija divides it's coming!!!

Ibo's case, is like a child that vows that its mother will not sleep, either him or her will see sleepness  too.

Yoruba is winning all around the world --- South America, Central America, Europe and Afri

Maybe there wouldn't be any Yoruba land anyways, cos your land and all you Yorubas living on it would have been emptied on the Atlantic Ocean for Sharks and Whales to consume: READ FOR YOU TO TAKE A WISE DECISION TO RELOCATE ON TIME.  grin

ACCRA, 25 August 2008 (IRIN) - Swathes of West Africa’s coastline extending from the orange dunes in Mauritania to the dense tropical forests in Cameroon will be underwater by the end of the century as a direct consequence of climate change, environmental experts warn.

"The coastline [as it is now] will be completely changed by the end of this century because the sea level is rising along the coast at around two centimetres every year," said Stefan Cramer, Nigeria director of Heinrich Boll Stiftung, a German environmental NGO.

Even where urban areas appear unscathed, sea level rise will still challenge towns and cities by threatening the underground water supplies from which millions of people across the region draw their water.

"[Increasing salinity] will make the ground water undrinkable and unsuitable for agricultural purposes. The result will be food and water insecurity," agreed George Awudi, Ghana Programme Coordinator for the environmental lobby group Friends of the Earth.

The effects of sea-level rise will be most “dramatic” in Nigeria's economic capital Lagos which is just five metres above sea level, with some parts of the city lying below sea-level, Cramer said.

The flooding is likely be most severe in Lagos because of its position at the southern end of the Gulf of Guinea where stronger tropical storms from the South Atlantic create storm surges up to three metres high, Cramer said. He estimates that most of the 15 million inhabitants of Lagos will be displaced and Nigeria’s southern Delta region where oil installations are located will also be swamped.

Other major urban centres in West Africa which experts have identified as at risk of flooding are Banjul in The Gambia, Bissau in Guinea Bissau, and Nouakchott in Mauritania. All three capitals are at or close to sea level.

http://www.irinnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=79986

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders National Assembly To Halt Edo Assembly Takeover Plan / Ugwuanyi Hails IGP Abubakar For Additional Police Area Command In Enugu / Picture Of Captured And Injured Boko Haram Leader Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.