Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus (2376 Views)

Appraisal: Are Our Prophets Right About 2015 Election? / Faith And Historicity Of Lore -What if the Buddha did not exist? / Ancient Black Buddha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by searchcorp(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Recently I decided to pause and think about all my spiritual and conscientious views. And by recently I mean yesterday. There was ‘love’ all else nothing to do but ask myself questions: what’s up with me and this christian faith sef? What if I was born a muslim, or better still, what if I was the son of some successful atheist. What if I was born into some other religion that is perhaps intellectually and/or philosophically sound, and nope, I’m not talking about sango or ayelala.

Hey, we don’t have all the time in the world, let’s go straight to the point, I decided to embark on a self liberating mission to discover the truth, this can only be achieved by questioning all truths…. Understanding exactly what their founders/spiritual leaders really taught and nothing else! That simple uhn? I don’t think so. I tell you what, Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln, Bob Noyce – the inventor of the microchip, Wallace D. Wattles – Napoleon Hill’s mentor, all these men at a point in their lives denounced every involvement with organised religion or perhaps they themselves were denounced by organised religions, either ways they claimed to have gone through the bible and other spiritual materials they could lay hands on, and yet couldn’t just understand the importance of organised religion to the world. They all believed in the existence of a God, but the theological truth been held by some that their religion is the only way to God, only sounded absurd to them, well, not to me!

In all my studies, I was mostly intrigued by a figure, Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha by name, firstly, based on my research, its glaring that almost all religion on earth, if not all, is directly or indirectly linked to Jesus Christ. In the case of this traditionally professed and revered holy man called Buddha, he was an atheist and didn't even believe in the existence of a God, he was of the opinion that whether or not a God, or a soul exists is irrelevant to the human race, in fact he tried as much to avoid answering such questions when been asked by his subjects, he believed humans have done well without believing in God or in a soul and he taught his followers to use their minds in the pursuit of perfection and total salvation “Only when a man attains perfection, can he truly answer the questions of the existence of a God, a soul or even the afterlife” those were his simple teachings and practices, as he would sometimes sit under a tree for days, meditating deeply on attaining perfection, myth has it that he once sat under a tree for 43 days straight. Men! That’s mind blowing for a man who lived 438 years before Jesus Christ. He wasn't worshiped or even followed after his death, since he only taught on the renewal of the mind towards perfection. But you see, the moment the story of Jesus Christ reached the Ancient India(Nepal), they thought to themselves “we also have a great holy man who lived here some 400 years back, if the people in the west are worshiping Jesus, then we should also be worshiping Buddha” that was how Buddhism started, that was how some folks began to carve images, build temples and in fact idolize the image of a man who didn't even believe in the existence of God, what would Buddha have been looking for in a temple if he was still alive. For Chrissake he sees it as a namby pamby attitude for the people who were driven by fear to believe in the existence of a God, soul and probably a just reward in the afterlife.

This is my point, Buddha was a great man, but what if someone has actually attained perfection, what if Jesus Christ actually did attain perfection! What if he was truly the one in the best position to tell if there is a God, a soul, or an afterlife – in fact, Jesus the Christ preached on all these subject matters with a measure of audacity that defies explanation. Perhaps Buddha was right, we truly needed someone who had attained perfection in all knowledge to teach us all things. Jesus came, he attained perfection and it was said of him “this is My beloved son in whom I’m well pleased, listen to him”

www.searchobinna.
Re: Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by searchcorp(m): 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
wow, this page still exists? howcome, i wasn't notified that is has been unbanned.... Nice one then, i guess the MODS decided to just let it swing..... (dancing azonto)
Re: Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by JeSoul(f): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
Searchcorp, it was the anti spambot that hid your thread & banned you. I've fixed it, you should be fine now.
Re: Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by searchcorp(m): 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
hey Jeseoul, atleast, now i know who to contact if this happens again... thanks anyways.
Re: Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by beejaay: 11:29am On Feb 24, 2013
@op u started well by trying hard to denounce all form individual-god eulogy but end with a subjective prejudice towards Christ. stealing your words, what if prophet Muhammad attained perfection, what if Zoroaster attain perfection, what if........................

bros you just start and there are still plenty of room for you seek for more
Re: Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by searchcorp(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
beejaay: @op u started well by trying hard to denounce all form individual-god eulogy but end with a subjective prejudice towards Christ. stealing your words, what if prophet Muhammad attained perfection, what if Zoroaster attain perfection, what if........................

bros you just start and there are still plenty of room for you seek for more

u see, beejay, i wont say u dont have a point....... good criticism...

My Focus was on Jesus all through my studies, but to think that history itself holds a bibliography dedicated to one man (Jesus) escapes me.
Re: Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by beejaay: 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
searchcorp:

u see, beejay, i wont say u dont have a point....... good criticism...

My Focus was on Jesus all through my studies, but to think that history itself holds a bibliography dedicated to one man (Jesus) escapes me.
while trying to understand spirituality versus reality, its imperative that all known factors are brought into perspective without greater bias towards a side. to steal some words "Enlightment is of the Buddha", "Salvation is of Christ","Surrender is of Prophet Muhammed" and "emptiness is the way of the TAO". looking at spirituality from a singular dimension only give partial answer when what you are looking for is an answer to the WHOLE.

try and get your hand on the Tao Te Ching.
Re: Perhaps Buddha Was Right About Jesus by searchcorp(m): 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
beejaay:
while trying to understand spirituality versus reality, its imperative that all known factors are brought into perspective without greater bias towards a side. to steal some words "Enlightment is of the Buddha", "Salvation is of Christ","Surrender is of Prophet Muhammed" and "emptiness is the way of the TAO". looking at spirituality from a singular dimension only give partial answer when what you are looking for is an answer to the WHOLE.

try and get your hand on the Tao Te Ching.

the Tibetan guy? hmmm, i just might

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Joseph Ayodele BABALOLA Ministering During His Lifetime — / Download November Edition Of Rhapsody Of Realities In Any Language / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.