Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Message Series - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Message Series (2324 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
Sunday 04-07-2021

Peace.

Today I feel led to share some words to whoever cares to pay attention, Blessed is the ear the pays heed. Let's dive in.

Heavenly Father we are here in accordance with your word that says if we receive insight in your word, we should share it to other brethren. Father we ask that you be ever present with us. I decrease Lord, increase and Glorify yourself in Jesus name. Amen

If you are with a bible, please open to (John 6:27) I am reading from the Amplified translation of the Holy Scriptures. It reads thus-
>> Do not work for food that perishes, but for food that endures [and leads] to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you; for God the Father has authorized Him and put His seal on Him.<<

Please take a minute or two to ponder on and digest what you just read...

Does this passage speak to you? Well, it does to me.

The entire Chapter of John 6 deals with the contrast between enduring food and perishing food. Jesus first miraculously feeds the 5000, the next day they come back for more. He instead uses that opportunity to talk about the enduring food.

Since the beginning, when God created man, food has been an important facet of existence, God himself after putting man in the garden, had to give him definite instructions on what he's could and couldn't eat. (Genesis 2:16‭-‬17 AMP)
>> And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “You may freely (unconditionally) eat [the fruit] from every tree of the garden; but [only] from the tree of the knowledge (recognition) of good and evil you shall not eat, otherwise on the day that you eat from it, you shall most certainly die [because of your disobedience].”<<

From the above passage e can glimpse the importance God put on food. Let's see another scripture. (Genesis 9:3)
>> Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; I give you everything, as I gave you the green plants and vegetables.<<

Sometimes I wonder, why did God feel the need to reiterate on what we can eat, Leviticus 11, Deuteronomy 13, Leviticus 22. And a host of other scripture expressly make mention of what we can or can't eat.

But, that's not the aim of today's message. (Mark 7 vs 19)
>>And He said to them, “Are you, too, so foolish and lacking in understanding? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile and dishonor him, since it does not enter his heart, but [only] his stomach, and [from there it] is eliminated?” (By this, He declared all foods ceremonially clean.)<<

The above portion of Scripture has been there bone of an age long contention, but still that is not where our emphasis lie.

>> Do not work for food that perishes, but for food that endures [and leads] to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you; for God the Father has authorized Him and put His seal on Him.<<

We are commanded to work for food, no contention there, but what kind should we walk for, as seen above, there are two different types food- The type that perishes, and type that endures.

Remember, Jesus, the word of God, is referred to as [the bread of life].
(John 6 vs 35)
>> Jesus replied to them, “I am the Bread of Life. The one who comes to Me will never be hungry, and the one who believes in Me [as Savior] will never be thirsty [for that one will be sustained spiritually].<<

We can see now that Jesus is the Food that endures. Food that perishes refers to every other thing that might sate a hunger of course, included in that list is plant food, animal food, artificial food, money, entertainment, sex.

The bible commands us as Jesus' followers not to work for food that perishes (Material food) but for the Divine word of God. For man shall not live by alone by every word proceeds out other mouth of God. Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all other things will be added unto you. There is no one who forsakes brother, sister, mother and father that will not get it back a hundred fold, in this life and in the next. He who tries to gain his life will lose.

On a final note I want to urge, let us our mentalities straight, let us not work for God because he has promised us riches, that is a loophole that the devil loves exploiting, let us work for God simply because He created us.

>>Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying, “How can this man give us His flesh to eat?” And Jesus said to them, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood [unless you believe in Me as Savior and believe in the saving power of My blood which will be shed for you], you do not have life in yourselves. The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood [believes in Me, accepts Me as Savior] has eternal life [that is, now possesses it], and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day. For My flesh is true [spiritual] food, and My blood is true [spiritual] drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood [believes in Me, accepts Me as Savior] remains in Me, and I [in the same way remain] in him. Just as the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, even so the one who feeds on Me [believes in Me, accepts Me as Savior] will also live because of Me. This is the Bread which came down out of heaven. It is not like [the manna that] our fathers ate and they [eventually] died; the one who eats this Bread [believes in Me, accepts Me as Savior] will live forever.”<<
John 6:52‭-‬58 AMP

I hope you have been blessed, if you have any comments, contributions, or criticisms, please feel free to express yourself in the comments...
Re: Message Series by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Jul 05, 2021
KaideeGee:
The above portion of Scripture has been there bone of an age long contention, but still that is not where our emphasis lie.

We are commanded to work for food, no contention there, but what kind should we walk for, as seen above, there are two different types food- The type that perishes, and type that endures.

Remember, Jesus, the word of God, is referred to as [the bread of life].
(John 6 vs 35)
>> Jesus replied to them, “I am the Bread of Life. The one who comes to Me will never be hungry, and the one who believes in Me [as Savior] will never be thirsty [for that one will be sustained spiritually].<<

We can see now that Jesus is the Food that endures. Food that perishes refers to every other thing that might sate a hunger of course, included in that list is plant food, animal food, artificial food, money, entertainment, sex.

The bible commands us as Jesus' followers not to work for food that perishes (Material food) but for the Divine word of God. For man shall not live by alone by every word proceeds out other mouth of God. Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all other things will be added unto you. There is no one who forsakes brother, sister, mother and father that will not get it back a hundred fold, in this life and in the next. He who tries to gain his life will lose.
undecided

What exactly is the point of this? You quoted a verse....you wriggle and jiggle around it- adding many other verses from here and there to say what exactly? undecided
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 1:37am On Jul 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

What exactly is the point of this? You quoted a verse....you wriggle and jiggle around it- adding many other verses from here and there to say what exactly? undecided

Please forgive me if I couldn't express myself very well, what I am saying in essence is that We as disciples of Christ should endeavor to pursue after Christ, the enduring food, by trusting in him and obeying his commands, not after perishable food (Material possessions)

Thank you.
Re: Message Series by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Jul 06, 2021
KaideeGee:

Please forgive me if I couldn't express myself very well, what I am saying in essence is that We as disciples of Christ should endeavor to pursue after Christ, the enduring food, by trusting in him and obeying his commands, not after perishable food (Material possessions)
Thank you.
From my reading of the same John 6, I walk away with the message that we are to cease working for earthly food , and material things as in do not get a job pursuing worldly goals and ideals. Instead, what Jesus Christ proposes these is that we work only for Him, the one who is able to provide us that which can sustain us eternally. undecided

Essentially. A follower of Jesus Christ should not work to feed or cloth or even take care of Himself. But instead focus wholly on doing that which Jesus Christ commands and He promises to ensure His followers will never starve or thirst in their obedience of Him. undecided
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
From my reading of the same John 6, I walk away with the message that we are to cease working for earthly food , and material things as in do not get a job pursuing worldly goals and ideals. Instead, what Jesus Christ proposes these is that we work only for Him, the one who is able to provide us that which can sustain us eternally. undecided

Essentially. A follower of Jesus Christ should not work to feed or cloth or even take care of Himself. But instead focus wholly on doing that which Jesus Christ commands and He promises to ensure His followers will never starve or thirst in their obedience of Him. undecided

Thank you Kobojunkie for airing your doubts.
I think that as disciples of Christ, we should always been subject to the leadings and guidance of the Holy Spirit. The issue of work is a personal one, I will advice you seek the Face of God before deciding to not get a job.
Afterall Daniel was a courtier in a foreign land, but it didn't stop him from serving God instead He used that position to publicize God.
In essence, anything that will make you turn away from God should be shunned, but if you are able to still be focused on God despite the job and it conforms to God's will, then by all means you are free.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2021
Wednesday 07-07-2021

Peace...

>>But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (he who was about to betray him), said, “Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?” He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it.<<
John 12:4‭-‬6 ESV

The devil doesn't suddenly push us to commit sins that are "grievous" or "abominable" especially if you are a disciple of Christ, he first makes you to commit sins that you feel are insignificant, like in Judas' case- pilfering. Probably, it started with greed, then to pilfering and finally he committed the unimaginable.
Once you have committed those seemingly little sins and become comfortable (maybe even proficient) with it Satan now has free rein over you... May this not be our portion in Jesus name.
If you are with me, and you know that there are some "small" sins that you still commit, maybe every once in a while you visit "adult" sites, or perhaps in order to escape a punishment you lied or exaggerated a little or whatever, you know yourself. Just pray this prayer with me-

\\ Heavenly Father, thank you for this message you have given today, I acknowledge my faults (input them here) I am sorry and I repent of them. Please have mercy on me and forgive me, cleanse me with the blood of Jesus. Father please give me the grace to stay away from all forms of sin. Do this and take all the Glory. In Jesus name. I believe Amen.//

>>Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve (Apostles). He went away and conferred with the chief priests and officers how he might betray him (Jesus) to them. And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. So he consented and sought an opportunity to betray him to them in the absence of a crowd.<<
Luke 22:3‭-‬6 ESV

>>Then when Judas, his(Jesus') betrayer, saw that Jesus was condemned, he changed his mind and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders, saying, “I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.” They said, “What is that to us? See to it yourself.” And throwing down the pieces of silver into the temple, he departed, and he went and hanged himself.<<
Matthew 27:3‭-‬5 ESV

From the above we see where little sins led Judas.
May the Heavenly Father help us to live blameless lives. Amen

Peace.
Re: Message Series by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
KaideeGee:

Thank you Kobojunkie for airing your doubts.
I think that as disciples of Christ, we should always been subject to the leadings and guidance of the Holy Spirit. The issue of work is a personal one, I will advice you seek the Face of God before deciding to not get a job.
Afterall Daniel was a courtier in a foreign land, but it didn't stop him from serving God instead He used that position to publicize God.
In essence, anything that will make you turn away from God should be shunned, but if you are able to still be focused on God despite the job and it conforms to God's will, then by all means you are free.
1. Jesus Christ never said we should wait for the Holy Spirit to lead us before we make attempts at understanding His Truth. In fact, He instead declared that we should use the understanding we already have and that only then will more be given to us. Those who do not use the understanding already given them, will have even the little they have taken away from them - Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30. undecided

So it is wrong to suggest that one "wait" for the leading of the "Spirit of God", who only inhabits those who have been made perfect/holy by the way - John 8 vs 31 - 44 - before making attempts at comprehending the Truth of God. undecided

2. We are not called as Daniel was called. We are called of a New Covenant, Jesus Christ, God's Law in the Kingdom of God, God's agreement between individual men(not groups, peoples or nations). We have a Mastee, Jesus Christ, whose very teachings constitute the very details of God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God and God commands that we submit to and obey His Truth and His Truth alone - John 14 vs 20 -25.

3. And according to Jesus Christ, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that cometh out of the Mouth of God" - Matthew 4 vs 4. We are kept living by perishable food and by the Word of God which is Eternal.

Then in John 6 vs 27, Jesus Christ then commands , " Do not work for food that perishes , but for food that endures to eternal life which the Son of Man will give you for on Him God the Father has set His Seal". He even adds in John 6 vs 35 that whoever comes to Him to work for Him will never hunger and will never thirst. undecided

So did Jesus Christ not literally command that we stop working to earn Perishable bread? undecided

Didn't Jesus Christ state that we should work instead for for that endures to eternal life which He, Jesus Christ alone will give? undecided
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ never said we should wait for the Holy Spirit to lead us before we make attempts at understanding His Truth. In fact, He instead declared that we should use the understanding we already have and that only then will more be given to us. Those who do not use the understanding already given them, will have even the little they have taken away from them - Matthew 25 vs 14 - 30. undecided

So it is wrong to suggest that one "wait" for the leading of the "Spirit of God", who only inhabits those who have been made perfect/holy by the way - John 8 vs 31 - 44 - before making attempts at comprehending the Truth of God. undecided

2. We are not called as Daniel was called. We are called of a New Covenant, Jesus Christ, God's Law in the Kingdom of God, God's agreement between individual men(not groups, peoples or nations). We have a Mastee, Jesus Christ, whose very teachings constitute the very details of God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God and God commands that we submit to and obey His Truth and His Truth alone - John 14 vs 20 -25.

3. And according to Jesus Christ, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that cometh out of the Mouth of God" - Matthew 4 vs 4. We are kept living by perishable food and by the Word of God which is Eternal.

Then in John 6 vs 27, Jesus Christ then commands , " Do not work for food that perishes , but for food that endures to eternal life which the Son of Man will give you for on Him God the Father has set His Seal". He even adds in John 6 vs 35 that whoever comes to Him to work for Him will never hunger and will never thirst. undecided

So did Jesus Christ not literally command that we stop working to earn Perishable bread? undecided

Didn't Jesus Christ state that we should work instead for for that endures to eternal life which He, Jesus Christ alone will give? undecided

Mr. It seems you do a lot of bible reading yourself, are you asking these questions because you are confused or because you want to argue?
I still retain my stance, we should wait on the Holy spirit for guidance. When Jesus resurrected that was what he commanded his disciples.
And yes, the scripture affects you as you understand it. If you understand it cynically, then it becomes nothing but an incongruent text. It is the Holy Spirit that enlightens the word for us. The letter kills but The Spirit gives life.
Re: Message Series by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Jul 08, 2021
KaideeGee:

Mr. It seems you do a lot of bible reading yourself, are you asking these questions because you are confused or because you want to argue?
I still retain my stance, we should wait on the Holy spirit for guidance. When Jesus resurrected that was what he commanded his disciples.
And yes, the scripture affects you as you understand it. If you understand it cynically, then it becomes nothing but an incongruent text. It is the Holy Spirit that enlightens the word for us. The letter kills but The Spirit gives life.
1. When Jesus Christ told His disciples to wait, He did not tell them to wait as far as their understanding of His teachings but to wait before going out to preach His Gospel to the world. So why try to confuse the two here.. undecided

2. There is only one Truth of God - everything else is a lie, no matter how you try to cut it. If what you announce to the world does not align with the Truth as taught by Jesus Christ, it is not of Him but born of man since God does not lie or oppose His own Truth.

You quoted that verse from John 6 and spun it n such a way as to avoid the truth that is the message, the reasons why the people around abandoned him later in that same context. I simply wanted to understand whether that was intentional on your part of because you dont even know. undecided
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. When Jesus Christ told His disciples to wait, He did not tell them to wait as far as their understanding of His teachings but to wait before going out to preach His Gospel to the world. So why try to confuse the two here.. undecided

2. There is only one Truth of God - everything else is a lie, no matter how you try to cut it. If what you announce to the world does not align with the Truth as taught by Jesus Christ, it is not of Him but born of man since God does not lie or oppose His own Truth.

You quoted that verse from John 6 and spun it n such a way as to avoid the truth that is the message, the reasons why the people around abandoned him later in that same context. I simply wanted to understand whether that was intentional on your part of because you dont even know. undecided

Thank you for pointing that out, I'm sure to take correction.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
Peace...

"For we who have believed have entered this rest, as He has said, “As I have sworn in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest.’” However, His works have been finished since the creation of the world."
Hebrews 4:3 MEV

Do you believe in the concept of pre-ordination? Your whole life being scripted? Being... I dunno... over before it even began?

This scripture sure changes my perspective on things. But one thing you can be sure of is that WORD of GOD cannot be broken. Though heaven and Earth passes away, GOD'S WORDS remains!

Does this also mean that God has been resting ever since Genesis? That would sure throw in a lot of confusion into things.

"For whoever enters His rest will also cease from his own works, as God did from His."

Hebrews 4:10 MEV

Just food for thought.

Shalom.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
Peace….

”So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.”
Hebrews 3:19 NKJV

There are many who can’t receive from God, not because they don’t pray, not because God has not promised, but simply because they fail to believe.

Most times, it is belief that materializes the promises of God in our lives. Unbelief doesn't hinder God, on the contrary, it angers him. But unbelief hinders us.

Fellow disciples, let us make it a daily cry, that the Heavenly Father should help our unbelief, and make us believe his every word.

Shalom.
Re: Message Series by Tirips(f): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2021
KaideeGee:
Peace….

There are many who can’t receive from God, not because they don’t pray, not because God has not promised, but simply because they fail to believe.

Most times, it is belief that materializes the promises of God in our lives. Unbelief doesn't hinder God, on the contrary, it angers him. But unbelief hinders us.

Fellow disciples, let us make it a daily cry, that the Heavenly Father should help our unbelief, and make us believe his every word.

Shalom.

God bless you

Pls I need your help
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tirips:

God bless you

Pls I need your help

In what capacity?
Re: Message Series by Tirips(f): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
KaideeGee:

In what capacity?
Financial help

Been starving badly
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tirips:

Financial help

Been starving badly
Please where do you live?
Re: Message Series by Tirips(f): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
KaideeGee:

Please where do you live?

Akwa Ibom State
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tirips:

Akwa Ibom State

Which LGA?.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
Peace...
For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to represent men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins.
Hebrews 5:1 MEV
There are no elections in God's perfect plan. God's work is done by divine appointment, not human election.
There are two major types of offerings - Gift offerings and sacrifice offerings.

He is able to have compassion on the ignorant and on those who are wayward, for he himself is also subject to weakness.
Hebrews 5:2 MEV
Those passage illustrates why Jesus HAD to come to the world and become flesh.
A High Priest cannot function of He is not empathetic over those under his purview.
Jesus had to become a Man, experience the trials and constraints men experienced, and overcome them. So He can help us in our times of weakness and temptation.
Because of this he must offer sacrifices for his own sins, just as he does for the people.
Hebrews 5:3 MEV
This passage doesn't apply to Jesus as He is sinless, that is one of the advantages Jesus has over traditional High priests. He doesn't have to offer sacrifices for his sin, therefore He can devote attention to sacrifices for us.

Shalom...
Re: Message Series by Tirips(f): 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
KaideeGee:

Which LGA?.

Uyo
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tirips:

Uyo

Sorry I'm at IK now, but don't worry God will meet your need.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
Peace...

Though He was a Son, He learned obedience through the things that He suffered, and being made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey Him,
Hebrews 5:8‭-‬9 MEV.

Sufferings, when it happens to Disciples of Christ is not necessarily a sign of "Ichabod". Lots of times, God let's us suffer because He has a lesson He wants us to learn.

Obedience precedes perfection. Only when we are totally obedient to God and his will, will we be able to attain the perfection we desire and are ordained for.

Suffering can be likened to a furnace. The Scripture says -The crucible for silver, the furnace for Gold, but it is the Lord that tests the heart of a man.-

The aim of suffering is not so we fall, but so we can learn to stand firmer.
Some ways to ride through suffering are by -

* Thanking God, in all circumstances

* Daily committing yourself to God for leading and guidance.

* Praying for the actualization of God's will in our lives.

* Obeying all of God's instructions.

* Having an optimistic view of life.

Never forget that all things work together for good to those that fear Good, who are called by His name.

For more advice and lessons on the subject matter, you can click the link below.

Shalom...
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
Peace...

"Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him."
Hebrews 7:9‭-‬10 NKJV

One thing I have learnt is that whatever can be applied in the positive sense can be applied negatively as well.

Disciples of Christ, especially those who are parents or want to be. Be careful of the things you do. God counts your actions as those of your child too, especially if both of you agree (Are both in the same camp). If we must leave something for our children, let's try and make sure it is something beneficial.

Shalom...
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2021
Peace...

"For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned."
Hebrews 6:7‭-‬8 NKJV

It is better to stay away from God, than to follow half-heartedly.
Fellow disciples, let us offer up fervent prayers to God that He should help us to "Do" his word and to grow in Him as growth brings blessings, while stagnation brings destruction.

Shalom...
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
Peace….

Shalom.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
There is only one Way to God, the creator, and that way is Jesus Christ. No other.
Re: Message Series by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
KaideeGee:
Peace….

Shalom.
Hebrews 3 vs 7 - 19 says nothing of what you assert above though. undecided
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
Wednesday 28-07-2021

Heavenly Father we are here in accordance with your word that says if we receive insight in your word, we should share it to other brethren. Father we ask that you be ever present with us. I decrease Lord, increase and Glorify yourself in Jesus name. Amen

Peace...

>> looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. <<
Hebrews 12:2 NKJV

Hope it's what makes suffering bearable, the assurance that there are better things in store.
It is for the hope of better things that Jesus endured all the humiliation from his inferiors.
It is Hope that enables us as disciples of Christ to overcome Temptations, foregoing mundane pleasures, because we know that we are building up treasures that are imperishable. Let us never lose this Hope.

Shalom.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thursday 28-07-2021

Peace...

>> Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. <<
Hebrews 12:1‭-‬2 NKJV

Our emphasis today is bolded.
The scripture tells us to run the race set before us. Here is the intriguing part, we aren't to look at the race tracks, not the finishing line, not even our fellows, but unto Jesus.
Brethren, God wants me to tell you today that you should not pay heed to your troubles, don't pay heed to your victories, pay attention to him. Like the popular song says, He is all that matters.
When we look unto Jesus we learn from Him, the ability to endure and let God's will preside over us.
All you need is to look unto Jesus. Let HIM handle the rest.

Shalom...
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
29-07-2021
Peace...

The Chastisement of God

>> For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but HE for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. <<
Hebrews 12:10‭-‬11 NKJV

God chastises the ones HE loves, He doesn't do it for evil, not for negative reasons, but because He loves us, He wants to teach us Holiness. The Scripture says without Holiness, it is impossible to see God.
Let us learn to be patient and train ourselves to see the positivity in every negative-looking situation. May The Heavenly Father help us.

Shalom.
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
30-07-2021 Saturday
Peace...

>> For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? <<
I Corinthians 12:13‭-‬19 NKJV.

Only One Body.

In the above passage, we discover that the disunity we see in the body of Christ did not start now. Wherever people of different ideologies meet, there is bound to be a clash along the line, but Disciples of Christ, this ought not to be the case in the body of Christ.
Yes, we may be unique, but we are not independent. The body of Christ is an interdependent synergetic entity. We need each other.

Another thing we discover is that it is the SPIRIT that initiates into the BODY.
In the same way the human body has a natural tendency to repel foreign objects, the Body of Christ repels anything that is not baptized of the SPIRIT.

Another point here is that the allocation of gifts and functions of the different members of the body of Christ is entirely up to God. There is no fixed pattern per se. It is not what you think you should do that you should do. Diligently seek God's will concerning your role in HIS body.

Shalom....
Re: Message Series by KaideeGee(m): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sunday 01-08-2021
Peace...

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
Hebrews 13:5‭-‬6 NKJV.

Today I felt very depressed, as I do a lot these days, but I decided to read the scripture and I stumbled on this verse, I shedded tears.
You mean as sinful as I was, as my forebears were, God still decides to be with me.
If you have not received Christ into your life and accepted the redemption he brings I am truly sorry for you. There is no life outside Christ. Surrender to him now, He is the way to God, the resurrection and life. He is able to bring to life and keep in life all that was dead. Receive Him now, please I beg you for your own good. Life is futility without him. Life is death without him.

Shalom...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rev. Msgr Matthew Hassan Kukah Appointed Bishop Of Sokoto / Nigerian Pastor, Revd Arome Adah Evangelises Zambia, Gives Food Items (photos) / YES MARRIAGE At THE AGE OF 9 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.