Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? (8637 Views)

When You Think, What Language Do You Think In? / Ijebu Language Or Dialect / Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? by oLAAbEfe(m): 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
omoseun: As for me, i think in English and before now, i thought every does (i.e educated people).
English ko English ni #TeamMotherTongue tongue
Re: Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? by oLAAbEfe(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ijogz K: Lol.. How do you think in your mother Tongue.. I think in a corporate manner.. Whats the point spending millions in school if you are still gonna think like a Yoruba or Igbo person. Wasted Investment!!! angry
slave mentality

1 Like

Re: Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? by chukxie(m): 5:16am On Oct 21, 2013
Most times, I think in my mother-tongue because of the tranquility it brings. And sometimes i process my thoughts in Pidgin English because i grew up in Orile. After processing my thoughts, i spew them out in my mother tongue, if i was talking with someone from my tribe, English if i was talking with someone who spoke standard English, Pidgin English If i was talking with my everyday friends, Chinese if i was talking with a Chinese person and Korean if i was talking with a Korean person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Mangu Arna" - An Insult To The Cultural Heritage Of Plateau Heritage / Igbo Is The Most Popular Ethnic Group Outside Nigeria / 'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.