Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Nigeria Needs To Review Its Foreign Policy Towards ECOWAS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Review Its Foreign Policy Towards ECOWAS (669 Views)

Lagos State Should Review Its Shoddy Teachers' Recruitment List / Biafra: Nigeria Is Coming Apart At The Seams - Foreign Policy / Jonathan Orders Review Of Foreign Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs To Review Its Foreign Policy Towards ECOWAS by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 15, 2012
Mornin all,
I hav had this burning issue on my mind lately, & I donot knw if my feelings r on d rite track, goin by history and antecedents in West Africa, nigeria is the arrow head of subregional politics & economy along the w.african coast, where by neighbourn countries such as niger,chad,togo,senegal,liberia,sierraleone,even up till equatorial guinea,in some cases nigeria has given out loans to some of these countries, there was a time Ghana had energy crisis n their president was in nigeria cap in hand to beg for allocation of crude oil to ghaana,nigeria is the main sponsor of the Ecowas, we fund ecowas 95% and we remain the largest donor to the united nations in africa, but still we donot get the requisite respect we ought to derive, we see situations whereby nigerians r haunted like scavengers, while our govt continues to spend 2 billions of dollars in its bid to integrate this so called ecowas while we do not derive d benefits,i think its high time we review our foreign policy thrust towards Ecowas & africa as our centre piece
Re: Nigeria Needs To Review Its Foreign Policy Towards ECOWAS by truefact: 9:12am On Nov 15, 2012
2nded
Re: Nigeria Needs To Review Its Foreign Policy Towards ECOWAS by Arosa(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2012
Nigerians sacrifices will payoff someday. don't worry. undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Review Its Foreign Policy Towards ECOWAS by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2012
When do u tink it will pay-off? Oh yes it is already payn off as evident in the continuos abuse of our citizens all over these small african countries& d world at large, with the latest coming from zimbabwe which we helped and donated large proceeds from our oil windfall to help them gain self determination, but I think its better we review our foreign policy objectives immediately,the faster the better
Arosa: Nigerians sacrifices will payoff someday. don't worry. undecided

(1) (Reply)

You Might Be A Bad President? / 3 Things To Fix: If You Are Privileged To Rule Nigeria For One Year! / My Song Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.