Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

What Makes You Think That God Exists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes You Think That God Exists? (1602 Views)

When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2012
Before i go on...let me say this "i'm not an atheist"... I do believe in God and i believe he exists. What makes you think that God exists? There must be a reason that makes you believe that God actually exists...or do you just believe because other people do so?
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
I belive god exists becos my mama and my papa say so.
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by cyrexx: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
I believe God exists, only in the minds of his believers, that is.
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by tchaik(m): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
inurmind: I belive god exists becos my mama and my papa say so.

Well I used to; but not anymore *it sounds ridiculous*

I BELIEVE IN THE 'GOD' OF MY HEART AND REALIZATION
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by neophyte007(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
Good afternoon to all my christian brothers and sisters,I believe that with the rain,that waters are crops and the plants that give us food to eat,the sunshine that gives us warmth,God definety exists.
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by mayorkazi(m): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
believe dat dia z God. and when in d end dia z no God,u've nowt 2 loose
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Areaboy2(m): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
neophyte007: Good afternoon to all my christian brothers and sisters,I believe that with the rain,that waters are crops and the plants that give us food to eat,the sunshine that gives us warmth,God definety exists.

you still haven't said anything. merely stating the obvious

@op, maybe you can start by telling us why you believe a god exist.

As far as i'm concerned, he only exist in the heads of those that say he does. Hence, man made god in his own image and likeness. More appropriately though, man made god into what man would actually like to be. omnipotent, omnipresent, benevolent, everlasting, Immortal.... and the list goes on

5 Likes

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by manmustwac(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
neophyte007: Good afternoon to all my christian brothers and sisters,I believe that with the rain,that waters are crops and the plants that give us food to eat,the sunshine that gives us warmth,God definety exists.
Good afternoon all nairalanders I believe that with the politicians looting the treasury as if there's no tomorrow, our pastors buying private jets buying expensive rides building mega churches and mansions while expecting more doh in form of tithes church building funds first friut etc. Policemen getting away withkilling innocent civilians the country getting worse everyday. I can go on and on. There is definetly no omnipresent God looking after us guiding us or watching us.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2012
I believe God exists because of creation. A lot of people argue about this and say nothing was created, that it all happened through evolution i.e man came frm an ape, an ape frm a fish etc. My question is if truly animals came through evolution and where not created, where did the very first organism come from? And why hasn't man evolved to another creature?
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by cyrexx: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2012
Victoriousvic: I believe God exists because of creation. A lot of people argue about this and say nothing was created, that it all happened through evolution i.e man came frm an ape, an ape frm a fish etc. My question is if truly animals came through evolution and where not created, where did the very first organism come from? And why hasn't man evolved to another creature?

it is obvious you know next to nothing about the scientific fact of evolution and you are confusing evolution with abiogenesis and cosmology.

at least try and get to know of these things from expert scientists, before you criticise it.

science is always better than myths.
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2012
I believe that God exists... He just doesn't know he does...
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by greatgenius: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
Depends on which of the GODS you're asking about. The Creator God or the God of our imaginations?
If it is the creator God then yes it exists. Why? The simple answer is because you and I exist and will forever exist that's why.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Kay17: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sometimes I call my gfs God.
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
cyrexx:

it is obvious you know next to nothing about the scientific fact of evolution and you are confusing evolution with abiogenesis and cosmology.

at least try and get to know of these things from expert scientists, before you criticise it.

science is always better than myths.

EVolution is a failed theory.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
The design evident in Nature is what makes me think God exists. How could Nature have sprung out of nothingness without a God to create it ?

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
common sense !!

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 20, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Thank you! I agree with you
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by CrazyMan(m): 6:09am On Nov 20, 2012
I believe God exist, problem is I cannot prove his existence to atheists...most especially, when they've made up their minds not to believe him in the first place.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by cyrexx: 6:30am On Nov 20, 2012
CrazyMan: I believe God exist, problem I cannot prove his existence to atheists...most especially, when they've made up their minds not to believe him in the first place.

but why would God need to be proven in the first place? Cant he just reveal himself to people if he exists and wants people to believe him?

Different and conflicting religions all think their various imaginary gods created the world and they cant all be right. Can they?

Now science is offering an explanation of this world that holds true irrespective of any religion and culture and they give proofs and evidence to back up their claims

The atheists just see every religion as a fairy tale, the way you guys see all other religion as fairy tale except the one you had been raised to believe.

I hope you understand. Speaking for myself and similar atheists, its NOT like we make up our mind NOT to believe him, its just that we cannot see the sense in the religious claims that a single imaginary entity among several imaginary entities is the creator of this world

Peace

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by cyrexx: 6:34am On Nov 20, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

we might as well call every other scientific theory a failed theory because we know better than the scientists and our creation myth is a more plausible explanation for what we observe in our world.

Are you happy now?

3 Likes

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by CrazyMan(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2012
cyrexx: but why would God need to be proven in the first place? Cant he just reveal himself to people if he exists and wants people to believe him?
Free will.

"God can't reveal himself to us clearly," because he wants us to have free will. We have to be free to believe in him or not--- And even if clearly revealing himself somehow "forced" us to recognize his existence... would that also force us to worship or obey him?

cyrexx: Different and conflicting religions all think their various imaginary gods created the world and they cant all be right. Can they?
True...they can't all be right.

I'm not here to condemn any religion, neither would I say mine is more superior to theirs...everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

cyrexx: Now science is offering an explanation of this world that holds true irrespective of any religion and culture and they give proofs and evidence to back up their claims
Truth is...Science can neither prove or disprove the existence of God.

cyrexx: The atheists just see every religion as a fairy tale, the way you guys see all other religion as fairy tale except the one you had been raised to believe.
I think it is because you guys believe religion to be based on myth (i.e. fairy tales).

Perhaps if you spend more time doing your home work...you'll come to discover that its not a fairy tale after all.

cyrexx: I hope you understand. Speaking for myself and similar atheists, its NOT like we make up our mind NOT to believe him, its just that we cannot see the sense in the religious claims that a single imaginary entity among several imaginary entities is the creator of this world

Peace
You're entitled to your own opinions.

Peace!
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by UjSizzle(f): 9:15am On Nov 20, 2012
The proof of his existence is all around me- everything living in all their varieties smiley and the feeling of His awesome presence.
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Areaboy2(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Stop this nonsense my friend angry. I'm fully aware that you know what you are saying is wrong but you rather fool the lazy minded masses on NL with a stupid statement like that.

The problem isn't evolution itself, it is a fact proven beyond all reasonable doubt. The problem however is Abiogenesis. So be clear on what you say and stop deceiving people/being dishonest to yourself. Mind you, the duty of care is on you for whatever you post here and how it affects other people so take your time to make sure what you say is factual and true
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Areaboy2(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2012
uj_sizzle: The proof of his existence is all around me- everything living in all their varieties smiley and the feeling of His awesome presence.

That's a lazy minds way of saying "I believe everything I am told without question" undecided
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2012
So many reasons but to sum it up in just 5 words, ~~~DEATH~~~
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Areaboy2(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2012
rokiatu: So many reasons but to sum it up in just 5 words, ~~~DEATH~~~

How does that prove god

why do I have to be faced with so much pseudo-reasoning this morning cry
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2012
Area_boy:

How does that prove god

why do I have to be faced with so much pseudo-reasoning this morning cry

I really could care less I am just speaking my piece of mind. You have the right to ignore it. smiley smiley
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Areaboy2(m): 10:17am On Nov 20, 2012
rokiatu:

I really could care less I am just speaking my piece of mind. You have the right to ignore it. smiley smiley

So do you have the right to critical thinking. which if you don't, you precisely know which opposite right you are then exercising undecided
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2012
I could wrint 10000 pages full of reasons why I believe God exists you could still not see reason in it, I am not here to explain to anyone. We all have our beliefs and so be it. cool
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by manmustwac(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2012
CrazyMan: I believe God exist, problem is I cannot prove his existence to atheists...most especially, when they've made up their minds not to believe him in the first place.
We can just as easily say the same thing about you.

Uyi Iredia: The design evident in Nature is what makes me think God exists. How could Nature have sprung out of nothingness without a God to create it ?
So please explain how God managed to spring out of nothingness?

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by Kay17: 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
@uyi iredia

I don't see why you preconceive a world from nothingness. Also if you really believe everything comes from the point of nothingness, then its is impossible for even God to exist!
Re: What Makes You Think That God Exists? by advocate666: 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
rokiatu: So many reasons but to sum it up in just 5 words, ~~~DEATH~~~

What's the problem with christians and maths?
"Death" is 1 word. Not 5.
A day is 24 hours. Not 1000 years.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter To Frosbel. / Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian? / Muslims Are Expected To Know The Truth From Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.