Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,494 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA (6893 Views)

Poll: Will the sacking of Berti Vogts help the Super Eagles?

Yes: 62% (75 votes)
No: 37% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Keshi Sacked By NFF / NFA Electoral Appeals Committee Upholds Pinnick’s Election. / Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Uche2nna(m): 12:47am On Feb 07, 2008
His contract runs from till 2010 (wat a mess!!!!) , firing him will cost NFA $1.5 million.Thats the dilemma facing Lulu ( excuse me, Mumu) and his board.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by nazzyon(m): 3:47am On Feb 07, 2008
Nigerian's need to give this guy more time.

If we keep changing coaches every two (2) years our problems will continue and will be getting worse.

Abi na which time we go wake up sef.

For us to succeed, we need to give him more years after the World Cup.

You don't just sack and employ your workers and expect a bumper harvest.

Our players will improve if we are patient. All the guys we have are very good what they need is just trainings and for A to understand and know the location of Mr B.

If we change for new coach again, our situation will only get worse.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Igbosly: 6:31am On Feb 07, 2008
just because someone is playing Pro-soccer overseas does not mean that he is at his Prime, and also our Ghana2008 squad had foriegn Nigerians(Africans) we need more of our Continental based players who has something to proof to the world rather than our overseas based guys who thinks whenever they are playing for our Great Nation they are on vacation or Homecoming. Same applies to the Coaches, Thank you.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by 9ja4eva: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2008
He was never a coach
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by oloriooko(m): 9:49am On Feb 07, 2008
Why is everyone blaming Berti, the devil sorry! the bad guy here is Sani Mumu, sorry again, Lulu and his ash-brained board members.
If i was contacted by Mumu to handle the eagles with this kind of pay, i go take oooo.
Until Mumu and his gang are flushed out, we shall continue to see vultures instead of eagles on the pitch sad
Nigeria should brace up for the worst super vultures ever to be seen.
May God forgive Mumu and the gang.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by tkb417(m): 7:34am On Feb 08, 2008
@ all
i said it on this thread that losing out and not getting to the final is not a function of the coach.
only one team will win. . .

CIV was battered by egypt 4-1; is it the coach's fault?
Ghana the host country is out; is it the coach that didnt select well

Our team needs stability,we need someone to instill the winning mentality in our boyz. The number of stars we have wont necessarily mean trophies. The egyptians cant be compared to Nigeria and CIV in terms of talent but see what genre of soccer they play. they play like Mnachester United grin grin grin

Let Vogts stay with them for 5 years and then, we can start dealing with teams anyhow. If not vogts, we should get a coach in just 2 weeks. when i say a coach, i mean a foreign coach who has all it takes to build a team. Not oliseh and Eguavoen. Or else, we wont qualify for World Cup 2010 cool cool cool
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Truequest(m): 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2008
Our team needs stability,we need someone to instill the winning mentality in our boyz.

Thats the point! winning mentality! you got it right, but you don't need years or even days to instill a winning metality, if you've not got it yourself.

VOGTS hasn't  got the winning mentality you talked about;
Listen to Vogts after our game against CIV, "my team lost to the best team in Africa"
After we lost to Ghana "We lost to an experienced side"
While other coaches are strategising your coach is busy preparing excuse for his failure.
If that Man stay 5 years I bet you'll loose interest in football.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2008
no mata what, nigerians are never satisfied
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by otoidea(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2008
westerhof for nigeria!
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by McKren(m): 1:27am On Feb 09, 2008
Vogts was not our problem - Amun

Posted: 2008-02-08 16:03

Former acting Secretary-General of the NFA, Fanny Amun has insisted that Berti Vogts is not the problem with Nigerian football.
Amun told KickOffNigeria.com that he had watched in bemusement as Nigerians have torn Vogts apart especially since the ousting of the Super Eagles from the African Cup of Nations.

“The first question we must ask is if Berti Vogts forced himself on the Super Eagles, did he? Some people employed him and gave him a contract so I think those people have a case to answer to Nigerians before we begin to talk about sacking the coach,” Amun told KickOffNigeria.com.

Why must we sack Vogts when the people who appointed him are still walking free on the streets?

Fanny Amun

“A man like Amos Adamu must tell Nigerians what happened at the Hilton Metropol in London when we were meant to interview coaches but some people went to Germany, returned with Berti Vogts and what should have been an interview became more like an introduction to the new coach because it turned into a handshake session.

“Why must we sack Vogts when the people who appointed him are still walking free on the streets? I hate people saying Berti should be sacked when Amos Adamu has not been sacked.

“I am not against Adamu but the truth must be told. When they sent us to London to interview the man, did we? Adamu should also mention the names of the people that went to Germany. What I am saying is that the appointment of Berti Vogts must be investigated because it was all fraudulent,” Amun said.

“The procedure of his appointment is faulty so they should stop saying we should sack him. Let us first investigate Amos Adamu and those involved in the contract of Berti Vogts before we begin to talk about sacking Berti Vogts or not.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by DisGuy: 2:32am On Feb 09, 2008
they can even decide what to do with Vogt, we sack managers after almost all competition I wonder where that got us.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by ndubest(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2008
I wonder why nobody is doing anything about amos adamu

fanny amun have laid this accusation on him over and over again

it seems to have fallen to deaf ears

may be someone who is highly placed should look into this matter

press men in this forum should write articles on this case
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by tkb417(m): 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2008
Berti Vogts is not the problem . . .
This decay has been on for sometime now, its just unfortunate the whole thing had to explode on Bertis face.
Bring on marcelo Lippi, he would have been ordinary with those set of mediocres and the NFA we have

We should get real, this will take about 5 years to rebuild, we need a coach(foreign) to instill the winning mentality into our boiz.

check those Egyptians, ull understand what i mean
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Millena(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2008
Technically, Berti hasnt been sacked. I think a clause in his contract which stipulates a 30days notice b4 termination of contract is holding the NFA 4rm sacking him.
I must admit that Berti was whack. I heard that the guy is stubborn, and took no advice from his assistants wrt the subs and formation.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by creamdream: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
great news
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Egavlas(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2008
He is gone now.

Some say its a sack , others say he resigned. But I saw the headline on BBC and Eurosports news that he resigned citing "irreconciliable differences"
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by eastaines(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2008
Mayn I hate that dude, he's a big time self-servicer.
angry

Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by Jaytee67(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2008
Does anybody has the correct info about the man? Whether he resigned or Nigerians are only making the propaganda to avoid paying the amount included in his contract for termination of his contract. I heard over the media recently that the man is still claiming to be in charge of the Super Eagles (or is it "Ordinary" Eagles for now).
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by McAdeex(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2008
Hi i am a new nairalander i like to know if there are any other new fta channels on the Eutelsat W4.
Re: Berti Vogts Has Been Sacked By NFA by mikuz(m): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2011
So this topic is still alive ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United 1 - 0 Sheffield --- WATCH HIGHLIGHT / Chinwe Okoro Wins Gold In Women's Discus At The African Athletics Championships / AITEO Cup Finals: Gov Ugwuanyi Seeks Prayers, Support For Enugu Rangers FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.