Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. (3719 Views)

NFA Electoral Appeals Committee Upholds Pinnick’s Election. / FG Responds To FIFA Ban By Stopping N253 Million NFF Monthly Pay! / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by Ibime(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2008
Read the story here

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/static/news/article.php?id=1356

They say the fly that follows the dead body into the grave will also get buried. In my opinion, NFA dare not report to FIFA before their own falsifying of U-17 and U-20 players comes to light. What are your opinions?

IMO, they should even expose all these overaged guys so that we can have genuine aged players in Super Eagles. Not the one when you have forty year olds playing for Naija, controlling the team like Mafia.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by chidichris(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2008
anyway, u have said what i wanted to say.
b4 u report, u have to put ur house in order.
let us first ask, is yak 25?
moyes is saying the man no dey score like a 25 year old boy. he dey score like 35 year old man.
how can yak a 25 year old naija man score such a wonderful hat-trick?
pls make una tell the nfa to address our home problems and forget oyibo and their own problems.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by tosinadeda: 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2008
i dnt get the whole thing sef
is it that the coach is amazed that a 25year old should not score a hattrick of that nature or a 25yr old should net 6goals?
that coach is so stupid
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by AH2MUCH: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2008
yak is 25
mikel is 20
messi is 20
essien is 25
how old is Drogba sef? smiley
africans and latin Americans cheat with age europe and america cheat with drugs the equation is balanced
thats y the africans and latin americans will always win the ahead football u-17 9 ( 27 yrs african playing 16 yrs europens)
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by AH2MUCH: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2008
Moyes says yak is 25"nigerian 25"
jonh terry said mikel lied wen he said he is 20
shan philips said mikel is the biggest 20 year old lad he has ever seen

ok of they say they r not as old, sorry as young as they said they r let them prove it, c me c wahala ooooooooo
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by 4Play(m): 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2008
NFA spokesman Demola Olajire told KickOffNigeria.com that the NFA would be sending a strongly-worded letter to the English FA asking for sanctions on Moyes.

"His statement is insultive to the Nigerian nation and unbecoming of a Premiership manager.

"We don’t take kindly to snide remarks about our players, or our nation and we will be lodging a strongly-worded complaint to the English FA to sanction him."

In his post match comments after Everton cruised to a 6-1 win over SK Brann at Goodison Park on Thursday, Moyes was quoted by the UK Guardian as saying.

"What people don't appreciate is that he's only 25, albeit a Nigerian 25, and so if that is his age he's still got a good few years ahead of him."

It was a remark that had many Nigerians in shock, with former Dolphins captain Ahmed Abdulrahman going as far as labelling the comment 'racist'.

"It was a racist comment," the multiple League and Cup winner said. "If Yakubu was Brazilian or European, would he have called it Brazilian or European age?”

"He must be brought to book to explain his comments."

Fatai Amoo, who coaches Nigerian Premier League Sunshine Stars was stunned into disbelief.

"I want to believe he was joking. John Terry made a similar remark when John Mikel Obi celebrated his 20th birthday too."

grin grin grin

What the hell?Anybody who has followed Yak's career knows he is above 30.That is why he has lost a lot of his pace and stamina.He has adjusted his game and now operates primarily as a goal poacher in the mould of Ruud as oppossed to the the battering ram he used to be,a la Amokachi.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by davidif: 8:34am On Feb 24, 2008
common now, when i dey naija 6 years ago wasn't aiyegbeni around 23 years old, naija people sef, i remember when this guy used to play for Maccabi Haifa in the champions league where he scored a goal against Man U. in the first round and this is the same guy that is supposed to be just 25 ha ha ha. Nigerians why do we keep decieving ourselves. grin grin grin grin, in fact i no fit laugh again sef.
For those who dispute Messi's age because he is so good need to shut up, where were you when this guy joined Barcelona at age 15 and had a hormonal disorder, everybody has watched this guy grow up in front of us so he has nothing, absolutely nothing to hide. t

To the guy (Demola Olajire) who said that was a racist remark should just shut up an keep his mouth shut. Its as if everybody was to throw around the race card even when its uncalled for. In our hearts of hearts, we all know that Yak is not 25 so lets just leave it at that.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by ritchboy(m): 10:27am On Feb 24, 2008
Yakubu's second grandchild is going to start skool this september.So what are we on about?
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by dominique(f): 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2008
The guy is older than he claims, true, but is it in his coach's place to boradcast it to the world, the guy is ur top striker and he just scored an hattrick and this is his way of saying thank you. Such an ungrateful S.O.B
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by RDynamite(f): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2008
First of, you guys should leave Messi outta this. That's his true age. I don't know about the rest.

Pls, I'll like to know the end of this matter. embarassed

ritchboy:

Yakubu's second grandchild is going to start school this september.So what are we on about?

I don't believe this.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by kaydee(m): 12:24am On Feb 25, 2008
Don't ever open ur mouth and say that's Messi's real age again.U need to get ur mouth locked up. Messi is older than Yak.
Some Europeans have joined the African and South American age shiznit. Did u see the under-17 world cup?Don't tell me those boys from Spain and Germany are really under 17.

Y'all think they don't know we foul? They just don't bicker over trick sh*t.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by 4Play(m): 12:32am On Feb 25, 2008
@kaydee

Don't be a nitwit.Messi older than Yak?I recommend prefrontal lobotomy!

You seem to think the West is like Nigeria.

And for God's sake,stay off the pathetic "hip-hop" verbiage.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by RDynamite(f): 1:56am On Feb 25, 2008
kaydee:

Don't ever open your mouth and say that's Messi's real age again.You need to get your mouth locked up. Messi is older than Yak.

You're so stupid that I pity you.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by 4Him(m): 2:05am On Feb 25, 2008
4 Play:

And for God's sake,stay off the pathetic "hip-hop" verbiage.

that also caught your eye? grin I couldnt understand a word he said if i wasnt following the drift . . . and i've been here for some yrs now.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by akinalabi(m): 2:10am On Feb 25, 2008
kaydee:

Don't tell me those boys from Spain and Germany are really under 17.

Stop being naive.

There is NO WAY a German (born in Germany) can falsify his
age.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by chamotex(m): 12:35am On Feb 26, 2008
akinalabi:

Stop being naive.

There is NO WAY a German (born in Germany) can falsify his
age.

EXACTLY, you cant lie about ur age here in Europe. These kids would have gone to school and would be known by a lot of people to the extent that it is impossible. Trust me Im speaking from experience myself. I was born in Nigeria but left for England when I was 11yrs old. When I satrted playing football here, I knew a Nigerian coach through my DAD and he told me to reduce my age bcoz that was the only way he could help me get better trials at the bigger clubs. I was 19 when this happened a few years ago and he told me i have to reduce my age to at least 16.

We told him it was impossible bcoz i had been schooling in the UK since I was 11 and I have played for so many youth teams that they have all my records of registeration and stuff. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE.

The difference is - In Naija, most people know that its not their real age anyway but over here if anyone doesnt use their real age, friends and other peopl that know their true age will come out and say it bcoz they will get a lot of money out of it.

Imagine someone like DAVID BECKHAM not using his real age, some one will go to the Press and say it, it will be an opportunity to get rich.

Thats why its impossible to lie about your age here. And also, when babies are born here, it goes straight into the Database for records.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by Kgdavid(m): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2010
judging the size of a player alone is not enough to tell his age for those who are saying european players are also age cheats. the reason why africans falsify their ages is as to be able to get clubs abroad who usually would not want to acquire older players.european players certainly do not need to do this as they already have access to top facilities from a very young age. it is therefore very unlikely that they are age cheats. its simply pointless for europeans to do so. it is also much easier to catch a european age cheat because of the meticulous way they kepp records in the western world. every birth is registered
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by Iyineda(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2010
I dream of the day when Sepp Blatter/FIFA is able to convince Nigerian/African authorities to improve the age regulation of local players. Really, that would be the turning point of our football. . . For the better.

Today, we are living with a falsified "glory" (under age feats that should not be acknowledged).
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
Africans and some South Americans can't be vouched for.
Re: Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. by BoboNaStar: 5:27am On May 05, 2010
Yakubu is clearly much older than he says he is, the amount of time he spends out with injury just proves that his body is not up to it anymore,

(1) (Reply)

Sure 1.5 Odds Daily For Rollover / Gabon V Guinea Bissau Tomorrow At 5pm / How Johny Akinyemi Became Nigeria's First Olympic Canoeist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.