Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

ASUU To Strike Again? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Strike Again? (6016 Views)

Poll: For or against?

I support the ASUU strike: 15% (12 votes)
I do not support the strike: 85% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by faramola: 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2008
Am really sorry for people that are still in school, cases like this are very sensitive and all parties must be considered. First student must pray cos if both parties i mean ASUU and the govt do not agree they,ll be disadvantaged. its not new. so student should pray. the lecturers too should be considered cos they r being cut out of the different means of livelihood and by now we should know we dont have a sensitive govt. the lecturers has a say as well as govt, but student cant do anytin, so they should only pray so it can be sorted without a strike.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by camchupa: 11:45am On Feb 12, 2008
what is even wrong with these unions in nigeria? they do not concider the future of the youth. the last strike they went has affected the 2007/2008 academic session. this is mere wickedness. i believe they are doing this for their own selfish interest. haba! instead of spending 4 years in school, some students end up spending 6 or more. god will intervene in this matter.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by choco4life(m): 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2008
I cant help but weep for the educational system in this country called nigeria.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by cptchicks(m): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2008
im a nigerian student.
i pity those who dont have other options
i believe the way the country has pushed its head,
guys will have to pick up parttime jobs and shit
cos it may start taking us more than 7years to finish school
welcome to the real world dat is naija grin
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by vowiski(m): 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2008
what has to be done must be done
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 15, 2008
Eh yaa sad sad sad sad
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by ndubest(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2008
I really pity Nigerian students

when will this case come to an end

what is ASUU fighting

WELFARE
of their members or supremacy of ASUU over government of the day

i think ASUU blew their options when they refused the offer of absorbing back the lecturers and deploying them to other schools

My heart goes out to all Nigerian students
who will have to endure idleness at home for weeks if not months
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by cptchicks(m): 9:27pm On Feb 15, 2008
hey hey hey
im a nigerian student o
please its enough with the pity o
ah ah
we knew what we were going into when we went into it
we had done our reseaches, looked into schools like OAU and stuff
but then we still decided to go to federal univerisities
lets do it how we see it
(why i talk like this is because i believe in seeing the worst case scenario in any situation as cheap)
grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by vowiski(m): 5:32am On Feb 16, 2008
you guys don't even know what ASUU is fighting for.
if they win it would be both beneficiary for the lecturers and stundents.
I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF THE STRIKE.
alas things has to ba done right in this country.

GO! ASUU.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by esilove(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2008
i no think say the strike go hold again. ASUU and yaradua na one oooo
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by SignorZax: 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2008
If ASUU decides to take over Aso Rock, I'm in with them thru and thru.
Think of the Billions stolen by our so-called leaders [sup][/sup]vis-a-visThe state of the University you went to.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by slyjosh: 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2008
U see,the issue of this ASUU drama is all about political deceit,both on the path of the ASUU executives and the federal govt i.e the ministry of education.Ok,look at this,ASUU wants all Nigerians to believe they are fighting the 44 UNILORIN lecturers fight and at worst threating to go on strike.
First of all,ASUU can't be fighting the Unilorin fight when even both the 44lecturers and the entire UNILORIN authourity do not seems to permit,encourage and even support them.Let them(ASUU) convince Nigerians the reason why UNILORIN do not go on strike each time ASUU says they are fighting for Unilorin?('U can't be fighting for someone who does support what you are doing).
Maybe they(ASUU) did not tell Nigerians too that,the Unilorin academic calender followed by UNILAG is among the most stable calender(No strike,no cult,with a six-month for a session),then,why would other University institutions suffer for the sin of another?
My argument is that,let ASUU tell Nigerians whta they need to know(, the truth).thank you.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by slyjosh: 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2008
I have decided to make my contribution known,because of the deceit and lies ASUU keep telling Nigerians.ASUU in years past was a body to be proud of,but lately,it is becoming something else.
I graduated from Unilorin september 2007,so I believe I am qualified to make vivid comment about this issue(ASUU strike).
Like I said,Each time ASUU come forward either to threating with strike or come forward with there whateva action,all I am saying is let them first of all,tell Nigerians the real issue and truth,and not distruping other institutions academic calender fighting for those(UNILORIN) whose do not send or ask them(ASUU) to fight for them.
The truth is,each time ASUU go on strike,it is always on their purported claim of fighting the UNILORIN's 44 lecturers battle,and whenever this strike is on,this same Unilorin's academic calender remains unchanged,Unilorin continues their programme,receives lectures and even conduct semester exams at there stipulated and appointed time.Secondly,what makes ASUU believe that these 44lecturers will wait for ASUU to "help them" regain their "lost position".
If ASUU is this not busy,going aboutand fighting a lost and unworthy battle,let them be told to direct and focus their scarce resources towards promoting worthy and welfare issues.
Incase Nigerians don't know,ASUU is just wasting other universities' time and period by subjecting them to unneccessary strike actions,or isn,t it the same Prof.Ishaq Oloyede who sacked the said 44lecturers that was unanimousely voted as the present Unilorin Vice Chancellor?so,tell me even if them(ASUU)eventually succeed in restoring the 44 sacked Unilorin lecturers,are they going to take them to Prof.Oloyede to employ back?I don't think that would work.So,tell ASUU to pls tell Nigerians the truth and realities,and stop purnishing other universities with strike and unstable academic calender whereas the same Unilorin enjoys uninterupted and very stable academic calender.NIGERIANS,wake up and rise up,

Of the greatest gbo gbo,
Of the greatest gba gba,
Of the greatest gbo gbo,gba gba,
Long live Unilorin,,
Long live ASUU,,
Long live The Federal Republic of Nigeria,,
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by vowiski(m): 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2008
pIs no sentimet here.
let somebody go and find out d reason 4 d strike and not these proported LIES most of u claim.
m still with ASUU.
GO! ASUU.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by tonmandy(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2008
its too bad.let federal govt solve their problems.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by cptchicks(m): 3:00am On Feb 18, 2008
ok new rule
people that have graduated from unversities,
please dont do the greatest gbo gbo and gba gba thingy
ok its like real freaky and shit
it gets to me
brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
anyway
ASUU or no ASUU, we go graduate one day
amen
im off to school tommorow
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by Cassiel(f): 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2008
ASUU is just being nasty.If they really care about nigerian education why would they let thousands of innocent students suffer for what most of them know nothing abt? so these students of various universities nationwide are just supposed to go home and roast,aging fast with each passing hour while the powers that be in ASUU,(who have already bagged all their degrees,lets not forget),sit in their posh offices and claim to be 'fighting' for unilorin? the unilorin sef,dem no even send o.ASUU shld be sensible.if the last strike action didnt get them all what they wanted,why do they think this one will?imagine spending 6 years in school for a 4-year course.olorun ma je!
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by TawaTemi1(f): 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2008
Not again angry angry angry
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by HonProf2(m): 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hello Pals I know everyone will agree with me that these set of crooks we call ASUU has nothing to hide behind. If they lecture or not, there salary is been paid then why delay our own time. It is just a trick. All I know is they are just been Lazy or they have ran out of lecture materials and they will want you do yahoo online to get more materials.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we can also go on strike. ABI?
shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by vowiski(m): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2008
my story;
i went to school, told ma lecturer we got a class. and he said GET OUT FROM MY SIGHT.? BUMKUMP,
can't u see we re on strike
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by otokx(m): 12:14am On Feb 19, 2008
Its only for a week besides government is now claiming the case is before the supreme court; only some days back we had the passing out of more nigerian graduates into a system that lacks the capacity to create meaningful jobs. I hope the level of kidnapping, oil bunkering and sea piracy will not increase.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by Adeadeleke(m): 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2008
Bleep ASUU, why? most of their children are in private universities. Greatest nigerian student hmmmm no greeoooo[/color][color=#990000].
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by Bones69(m): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2008
NA WA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEY POOR MAN ISSUE(PIKIN) NO GO FIT GO SCHOOL 4 DIS KANTRY HNNN,
ASUU ABEB KALL OFF THE STRIKE OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, WE ALL R BORED NAH.
WETIN SELF MR,
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by tulk2mi: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2008
I agree that those 49 lecturers have been done some injustices cos they were fighting 4 their rights and should be reinstated. it not abt having job or looking for one its about doing what is rite. and what is rite here is they should be reinstated to forestalled against "dictorial tendencies" .

But one begins to wonder cos this thing has been goin on for six years now. what did the govt tell them b4 they called of the strike . Wat is the guarantee that they wont call off this strike only to threaten another one. Make ASUU no take us play ooo, if govt no meet their demand make dem no call off strike, if dem call off make dem find another issue to go strike cos our sympathy don dey exhaust.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by cauchy(m): 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2008
men all this talk u det talk dere no care, bec na u were ur parent no want send u over water or this local private uni. for naiga.
go round the univerties for naija the children of all those 6 lecturers u no go see dere child.
so just help me tell yaraduwa that let him band ASUU and dose old 6 lecture way dey wait for dere die to go home, may dey no kill we the future of naija student with strike.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by omobizle(m): 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
there is alot of nonsense in this country.this folks just think they can play with the lives of innocent students like this, its not affecting them it is affectin the innocent students cos even the children of the rich influential and govt pikin are in private universities or abroad.even some profs and lecturers have their kids in private univ and abroad i can tel u authoritatively that 70% of the children of lecturers in OAU are in Babcock so wat we talkin bout,
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-Xim out
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by U1(m): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2008
Hon. Prof.:

Hello Pals I know everyone will agree with me that these set of crooks we call ASUU has nothing to hide behind. If they lecture or not, there salary is been paid then why delay our own time. It is just a trick. All I know is they are just been Lazy or they have ran out of lecture materials and they will want you do yahoo online to get more materials.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we can also go on strike. ABI?
shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked

grin grin grin grin

@Seun

I no dey feel you at all o.
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by princekay1(m): 2:51am On Feb 24, 2008
Yar'dua, SOS!
Re: ASUU To Strike Again? by kras4naija(m): 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2008
E dey obvious say their are some people pulling the strings underneath, i don't see a reason for this recurrent strikes in our universities. A friend of mine left this land for europe in his 4th year of a 5 year course, our school administrators & d government aint thinking of ways to stop this. I think there is a conspiracy in all this angry !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lol! When A Nigeria Private University Student Finally Invent A Car (see Photo) / 2017 june/july Neco Result Has been Released / How To Check 2020 Fsb Bea Scholarship Results + Questions And Answers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.