Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Joking Jesus? :) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joking Jesus? :) (1032 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Joking And Foolish Talking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 16, 2012
Did our Lord ever crack a joke? Have fun? Take a load off? In short, does God have a sense of humor at all?

I say He sure as heck does. cheesy What say you?
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by speeder(m): 12:18am On Nov 16, 2012
and the morale of the story is?

1 Like

Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2012
speeder: and the morale of the story is?

KWESHUN!!! grin
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

This same guy

[img]http://missionbibleclass.files./2011/08/a11_jesus-and-moneychangers.png[/img]

Oh yeah! The one and the same. tongue

Gotta go edit the op.
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by cyrexx: 5:28am On Nov 16, 2012
Ihedinobi: Did our Lord ever crack a joke? Have fun? Take a load off? In short, does God have a sense of humor at all?

1 Like

Re: Joking Jesus? :) by lacosanostra: 6:11am On Nov 16, 2012
lol i think u started dis thread cause of me,d good lord said to the strong i will show myself strong nd to d weak i will show myself weak so u knw wat,i tink to me as a young man he will show himself a young man nd cracking jokes is one of our hallmark so i expect when he appears to me to just holl nd not bless or warn we should hv a great time,get d drift
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 16, 2012
la cosa nostra: lol i think u started dis thread cause of me,d good lord said to the strong i will show myself strong nd to d weak i will show myself weak so u knw wat,i tink to me as a young man he will show himself a young man nd cracking jokes is one of our hallmark so i expect when he appears to me to just holl nd not bless or warn we should hv a great time,get d drift

Lol. You did contribute, but you're not the sole reason. smiley I see you think God laughs too.
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by lacosanostra: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2012
k, i don hear, na before i tink say if i do one wrong na consuming fire things
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by advocate666: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2012
he doesn't need to crack a joke. He is a joke.

The image of him calling himself a prince truimphantly entering Jerusalem while on the back of a donkey, followed by 12 men in dresses, cracks me up.
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2012
advocate666: he doesn't need to crack a joke. He is a joke.

The image of him calling himself a prince truimphantly entering Jerusalem while on the back of a donkey, followed by 12 men in dresses, cracks me up.
grin grin grin grin grin

Oh I know you know He's no joke. But He's incredible at practical jokes! Like in the example you gave. grin
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2012
la cosa nostra: k, i don hear, na before i tink say if i do one wrong na consuming fire things

No doubt, His hatred for sin is an infinite one, or rather His Love for righteousness is non-negotiable and uncompromising. Same thing turned one-eighty degrees. smiley But this very thing is the reason that He can afford to be jovial and at ease in Christ! Outside of Christ, God is at war.
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by lacosanostra: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2012
Agreed
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by mumumugu(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2012
Jesus was a humanbeing. He did all thing except sin. He cried,laffed,joked,pissed,drankd etc
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2012
^^ Agreed smiley
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2012
Imagine jesus farting. Spiritual bomb.
I guess it will would also have been able to wash away sins.

Lol..dettol mess. Ur god is really a wondercheesy

1 Like

Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
inurmind: Imagine jesus farting. Spiritual bomb.

Guy you no well.
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by SisiKill1: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
Ihedinobi: Did our Lord ever crack a joke? Have fun? Take a load off? In short, does God have a sense of humor at all?

What did you think he was doing those missing 18yrs?

He was paaaaaty-ing, takin' a load off, shootin' the breeze, hangin' with the homies!! cheesy
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by CrazyMan(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Jesus was a very serious person...he took his mission on earth very serious, he never laughed, he never joked...his growing up days may have been filled with jokes and fun...but the bible didn't record it.

1 Like

Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2012

Lol
Is it not in the bible that we are made out of Gods own image? well then u have your answer. wink Jesus was a human being...a man...flesh and bone just like us and since like God, we feel emotions and react to entertainment. So did Jesus.
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by MrAnony1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
CrazyMan: Jesus was a very serious person...he took his mission on earth very serious, he never laughed, he never joked...his growing up days may have been filled with jokes and fun...but the bible didn't record it.
@bold. Are you serious?
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
What did you think he was doing those missing 18yrs?

He was paaaaaty-ing, takin' a load off, shootin' the breeze, hangin' with the homies!! cheesy

lololol..... "paaaaaty-ing . . . with the homies"! Sweet! grin
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2012
*Kails*:

Lol
Is it not in the bible that we are made out of Gods own image? well then u have your answer. wink Jesus was a human being...a man...flesh and bone just like us and since like God, we feel emotions and react to entertainment. So did Jesus.

Oh yeah!!! cheesy
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
CrazyMan: Jesus was a very serious person...he took his mission on earth very serious, he never laughed, he never joked...his growing up days may have been filled with jokes and fun...but the bible didn't record it.

Geez, bro, you're scaring the babies angry
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
inurmind: Imagine jesus farting. Spiritual bomb.

Getawayyoudia grin
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by CrazyMan(m): 3:49am On Nov 17, 2012
Mr_Anony:
@bold. Are you serious?
Yes...can you provide a passage where Jesus laughed or joked...

Ihedinobi: Geez, bro, you're scaring the babies angry
Really...I never meant to...but its the truth.
Re: Joking Jesus? :) by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 17, 2012
CrazyMan:
Yes...can you provide a passage where Jesus laughed or joked...

Really...I never meant to...but its the truth.

We all read the Bible through our own eyes. What we see in it is colored by our perception of the Lord. This is why it is said that only the spiritual discern spiritual things.

I can't think of one place where Jesus was recorded to have laughed or consciously cracked a joke. But relax a bit, assume you were not in a death-match with sin and read Him say things like "unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood . . ." Or, like in the story advocate666 referred to, telling His disciples to go get Him a donkey and tell anyone who asked that the Master had need for it.

Because the Lord is currently at work/war, His "funny face" seems to just not be there. But in any given issue where Christ's Lordship has been fully established in a person's life, oh my!, the Lord is a wonderful buddy to roll with.

(1) (Reply)

Egyptian Court Sentences Christian Family To 15 Years For Converting From Islam / Was There A Governing Body In First Century Christianity? / Are Traditional Religions The Most Discriminated Religions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.