Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism (722 Views)

Islamic Site Says That Muslims Leaving Islam For Atheism Is A Real Threat / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / One Of The Earliest Argument For Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by spenca: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2012
If God is all powerful,all good ,all knowing with akl other attribute allocated to Him,y would evil rock d world ,y would e at first even come to existence ,man can evolve evil,if e got no idea of wah evil is...should we say God created evil ? ..buh this will mean God is not "all good" attributed to him ,and if we choose to say e is all good den we must accept the face that e has lost control over evil den God is not "all powerful"....i stand to be corrected logically tho
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by davkin: 8:20am On Nov 16, 2012
Why dont we look at "evil" as a mechanism of God for a greater good ,do distinguish between his followers n dos that would turn der backson him ,thats y He gave man freewill
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by ATMC(f): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2012
Evil is simply d absence of good just like darkness is d absence of light. These were not created in essence but came to be cos d created were absent so they lack existential realities. Then we can say dt they are illusion
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by davkin: 8:44am On Nov 16, 2012
ATMC: Evil is simply d absence of good just like darkness is d absence of light. These were not created in essence but came to be cos d created were absent so they lack existential realities. Then we can say dt they are illusion

if ur aware of d definition of illusion u wont call evil one ,so since God is all knowing n Ge knws that evil will come as a result of d absence of good why dnt He stop it with His "all powerfulness"
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by ATMC(f): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2012
davkin:
if ur aware of d definition of illusion u wont call evil one ,so since God is all knowing n Ge knws that evil will come as a result of d absence of good why dnt He stop it with His "all powerfulness"
god is all knowing and he wont stop being that because you think he ought to have known to stop evil! Meanwhile he created man with will and ability to choose and anytime man chooses not good he's left with evil which actually has no eternal verities like i said before
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by davkin: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2012
ATMC: god is all knowing and he wont stop being that because you think he ought to have known to stop evil! Meanwhile he created man with will and ability to choose and anytime man chooses not good he's left with evil which actually has no eternal verities like i said before

like d topic says,a logical defence not faith.....He is all good all knowing why does e permit evil btw where d author of d topic sef
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by ATMC(f): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2012
davkin:
like d topic says,a logical defence not faith.....He is all good all knowing why does e permit evil btw where d author of d topic sef
point of correction he does not permit anything at all evil inclusive, he as d creator set some laws into place and we abide by these laws simple! Law, Nature and God are good...when we human refuse good, evil shows.
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by spenca: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2012
I see how clouded ur thoughts are ...you have still failed to address d issue in question ,no one is sayn He is not all attribute to HIm all we are saying if so He is den why so doea all evil happen When He is all powerful n all knowing n all good ,even at freewill we give a child we would always give that child so he or she doesnt act evil
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by Chubhie: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2012
of what greater evil there is than that which science has created?
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by spenca: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
Well i can say there is a greater evil than that which science as created ....
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by Swiftboy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
spenca: If God is all powerful,all good ,all knowing with akl other attribute allocated to Him,y would evil rock d world ,y would e at first even come to existence ,man can evolve evil,if e got no idea of wah evil is...should we say God created evil ? ..buh this will mean God is not "all good" attributed to him ,and if we choose to say e is all good den we must accept the face that e has lost control over evil den God is not "all powerful"....i stand to be corrected logically tho
Ever heard of the term mutually exclusive? Yes good and evil,light and darkness,white and black,up and down...God made everything good...like a well ploughed ground with seed planted...if however the land is not tendered,weed will grow.I think its logical to say that their is no evil by itself safe the absense of good.There's no cold,safe the absence of heat.There's no darkness, safe the absence of light.The tail of a coin will not show if the head is there. There's no death,when there is life.I think these is logical enough except you dont just wanna believe in God.
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by spenca: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Swiftboy: Ever heard of the term mutually exclusive? Yes good and evil,light and darkness,white and black,up and down...God made everything good...like a well ploughed ground with seed planted...if however the land is not tendered,weed will grow.I think its logical to say that their is no evil by itself safe the absense of good.There's no cold,safe the absence of heat.There's no darkness, safe the absence of light.The tail of a coin will not show if the head is there. There's no death,when there is life.I think these is logical enough except you dont just wanna believe in God.

You talk about logic and therefore come to this conclusion , the law of logic supports the fact that when an entity is said to be "all good" and "all potential" it means that it is all good and can't do nothing and make nothing but good and when it is said to be all potential it is capable of doing all thing and nothing but all then how does your logic defy the fact that God is said to be all good and potent and yet evil is evolving all around with no one to halt it yet he is all potent and good, will a good man see another man suffer if he has the potential to halt his suffering ?
Re: Evil A Logical Ground For Atheism by Swiftboy(m): 3:18am On Jul 16, 2014
All good yes He is...thats why am a Christian because Christianity has painted the perfect picture of what human nature is. Human nature is influenced by either good or evil based on his choice. People will stop suffering once they realize their is a good God and accept Him. I have seen an evil situation that God turned around to an advantage...this lead us to His soverignity...yes he allows evil sometimes just because He's good.sometimes He allow bad things to happen so as to make it better. Whats your take on a mother eagle throwing off its children from the sky? Is that not evil? Then again that is good cos the baby eagle will learn to fly and survive. Same is for your education,you go through the 'evil' of sleepless night,hunger and all sort of challenges just to be educated and be a better person. Maybe you think death is evil...death is not because its needed for life will make no meaning if everybody is immortal. If however you dont see my point of view just as I've tried to communicate it to you then I'll suggest you think about it
spenca:

You talk about logic and therefore come to this conclusion , the law of logic supports the fact that when an entity is said to be "all good" and "all potential" it means that it is all good and can't do nothing and make nothing but good and when it is said to be all potential it is capable of doing all thing and nothing but all then how does your logic defy the fact that God is said to be all good and potent and yet evil is evolving all around with no one to halt it yet he is all potent and good, will a good man see another man suffer if he has the potential to halt his suffering ?

(1) (Reply)

Husband From 'heaven' Behaving Like 'devil' / Christianity And Exodus 22:18. Does It Still Apply Today? / The Mystery Behind Human Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.