Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole (6550 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Iara Oshiomhole Visits Edo IDP Camp For Empowerment Programme - pics / David Mark Visits The Palace Of The Och'idoma - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by zalight(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2012
BENIN—IN a rare show of public appearance and support, the Benin monarch, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday, paid a visit to the governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, at Government House, Benin City.

The Oba, who is rarely seen in public, arrived Government House in the company of some senior palace chiefs and Enogies and urged the governor to keep up with his good work.

The royal father said: “I came to congratulate you on your swearing-in. I watched it on television and it was very impressive. You have done well. Keep the flag flying”.

Aligning himself with prayers offered, His Royal Majesty noted: “My chief broke kola and said, may God continue to enrich the treasury with the wherewithal to do what you are doing. Please finish the projects. Thank you very much.

“My brother traditional rulers are waiting for you to continue work in their domains.”
The Oba praised the governor for speaking ex-tempore at his inauguration, saying, “you are a wonderful man.”

Responding, Governor Oshiomhole expressed deep gratitude to the Oba for his support and prayers.
He said: “I am deeply indebted to your Majesty. Your Majesty has been a father to me and to all of us in Edo State.

“My own biological father would not have done better for me than what you have done.”
Outlining his vision for the second term, the governor noted: “I am determined to do more than what I did in the first term. We have overcome our learning curve.”

Oshiomhole listed the next phase of work to include aggressively reclaiming the moat and sustaining the work on the Benin Masterplan, adding that over the next two years, it would be completed.

He explained: “Your Majesty, we would restore the beauty of this great city. This is the capital of this kingdom, this is the capital of Edo State. I am indebted to the Bini for accepting me as a son and a brother. By their votes they spoke very loud and clear”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/oba-of-benin-pays-royal-visit-to-oshiomhole/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by takedat(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Willy7(m): 8:49am On Nov 16, 2012
take dat: .
Bros take am easy,try and read well before commenting,d Op never said shame,he meant rare appearance,meaning its not an everyday or common practice of d oba to be seen publicly,or visiting d state house.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by takedat(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2012
Willy7: Bros take am easy,try and read well before commenting,d Op never said shame,he meant rare appearance,meaning its not an everyday or common practice of d oba to be seen publicly,or visiting d state house.
Sorry I have retracted my earlier stance

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by GARRIx7(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2012
BENIN—IN a rare show of public appearance and support, the Benin monarch, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday, paid a visit to the governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, at Government House, Benin City.

The Oba, who is rarely seen in public, arrived Government House in the company of some senior palace chiefs and Enogies and urged the governor to keep up with his good work.

The royal father said: “I came to congratulate you on your swearing-in. I watched it on television and it was very impressive. You have done well. Keep the flag flying”.

Aligning himself with prayers offered, His Royal Majesty noted: “My chief broke kola and said, may God continue to enrich the treasury with the wherewithal to do what you are doing. Please finish the projects. Thank you very much.

“My brother traditional rulers are waiting for you to continue work in their domains.”
The Oba praised the governor for speaking ex-tempore at his inauguration, saying, “you are a wonderful man.”

Responding, Governor Oshiomhole expressed deep gratitude to the Oba for his support and prayers.
He said: “I am deeply indebted to your Majesty. Your Majesty has been a father to me and to all of us in Edo State.

“My own biological father would not have done better for me than what you have done.”
Outlining his vision for the second term, the governor noted: “I am determined to do more than what I did in the first term. We have overcome our learning curve.”

Oshiomhole listed the next phase of work to include aggressively reclaiming the moat and sustaining the work on the Benin Masterplan, adding that over the next two years, it would be completed.

He explained: “Your Majesty, we would restore the beauty of this great city. This is the capital of this kingdom, this is the capital of Edo State. I am indebted to the Bini for accepting me as a son and a brother. By their votes they spoke very loud and clear”.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by GARRIx7(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2012
Oshiomole has done well. I'm not suprised......
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by 5much(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2012
adams wl certainly not disappoint
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by cdamsel(f): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2012
Oba must ve really been impressed oh shocked d man no dey commot palace 4 no1,dis is huge grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Koolyarns: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2012
very happy for oshiomole, edo state now has a governor that will curb the rate of bribery and corruption.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2012
After graduating next yr,i'm relocating back to benin where i came from

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by LoveDecay(m): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2012
cdamsel: Oba must ve really been impressed oh shocked d man no dey commot palace 4 no1,dis is huge grin

Oshiomole is a good boy , where get respect, he deserve to wash his and eat with the elders.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2012
A well deserved honor.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by cdamsel(f): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2012
Love_Decay:

Oshiomole is a good boy , where get respect, he deserve to wash his and eat with the elders.
I agree,d man try no doubt
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Arosa(m): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2012
I don't think reclaiming the moat is a good idea. They are historic sites and they help against flooding. unless he was referring to erosion gullies.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by otokx(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2012
Lets hope this second term will not be like the type in Rivers State.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Godjone(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2012
even d palace wants to show appreciation to oshobaba's transformational strategist of repositioning edo state 4rm it decay by d pdp led past administration. It is a tin of shame and embarrasment oshomole was able to archieve im 3yrs wat useless L.u.c.k.y i.g.e.d.o.n cud not realize 4 a total of wasteful 8yrs. Wat a shame!!! Oba ar tor pkeh er iseh

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Callotti: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2012
Thanks to our ancestors. . . no pictures!
I can't handle the 'double indemnity' ugliness! cheesy

The problem with 'BLACK' man.
So-so tok-tok. . . NO ACTION. angry
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by muyoto: 11:27am On Nov 16, 2012
Its really unprecdented for the Oba to leave his palace to visit any person. It shows the level of importance and respect he has for Oshio Baba.

Oba gha to kpere, ise!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by 2sexy(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2012
Willy7: Bros take am easy,try and read well before commenting,d Op never said shame,he meant rare appearance,meaning its not an everyday or common practice of d oba to be seen publicly,or visiting d state house.
And that is true. It is the tradition here in Benin that the Oba doesnt leave the palace. It is sometime said that "Oba no dey go transfer" meaning that the Oba does not leave his palace. and that is why you can never see the oba at functions organise for national cause wherein you see the gathering of other traditional rulers across the country.

However, there have been some changes because this present Oba does smile and you see his teeth. In the olden days, you dont see the teeth of the Oba because they usually use white cloth to cover their mouth while talking.

The Obas of Benin dont see their first male child and vise vesa. The child only comes home after the death of his father but while the child is away, he is acquainted with what is going in the palace and the tradition of his people.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by elikiba(m): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2012
2sexy: And that is true. It is the tradition here in Benin that the Oba doesnt leave the palace. It is sometime said that "Oba no dey go transfer" meaning that the Oba does not leave his palace. and that is why you can never see the oba at functions organise for national cause wherein you see the gathering of other traditional rulers across the country.

However, there have been some changes because this present Oba does smile and you see his teeth. In the olden days, you dont see the teeth of the Oba because they usually use white cloth to cover their mouth while talking.

The Obas of Benin dont see their first male child and vise vesa. The child only comes home after the death of his father but while the child is away, he is acquainted with what is going in the palace and the tradition of his people.

Leave our culture and tradition out of it stick to the topic. thank you

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2012
Osho baba i hail...O,not like our heartless governor Dr muazu babangida aliyu noise maker.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2012
"Na God Get Power" so says my Bible.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
otokx: Lets hope this second term will not be like the type in Rivers State.

well said
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by iamtheprincipal: 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
muyoto: Its really unprecdented for the Oba to leave his palace to visit any person. It shows the level of importance and respect he has for Oshio Baba.

Oba gha to kpere, ise!

I can't agree less.
May the days of our great king be long!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by 2sexy(m): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
elikiba:

didnt you see why I responded? Haba... btw, I aint Benin.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
elikiba:

what he wrote is not unrelated to the topic. The article read oba is rarely seen. And for us to undertand the magnitude of this honor expressed by oba, we need to know more about bini culture. Unles what sexy posted is not right about your culture. If he is right then i just learnt additional things about bini people. I was told alot of historical stories when i visited edo state and i enjoyed my experience there.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
I must say this is a great honour!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by benzion72(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
The Omonoba Erediawa, Iku apolopolo who refused to see PDP led GEJ during campaing tour came to greet Oshiomole in office. We need more of such king in Africa who will not be running after politician for contract or envelope. Kabiyesi may you live long and may peace reign in your time amen
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
I use 2b a great fan of oshiomole until recently wen he started sacking teachers indiscriminately, and d suspension of d 500 science teachers he employed.Oshiomole has caused serious pain to many families wit his recent inconsistent attitude.I was one of the 500 science teachers employed, I got my appointment on merit, A written test and interview were conducted through which extremely good teachers were selected. I,ve been with a private school within d state for over 5years now and my impact has helped d school in winning various national awards. Most of my friends who were absorbed tru d recruitment process are equally very sound academically. There is even one of them who resigned as a transaction officer in a new generation bank in lagos to take up this job, as am typing now we,re all idle as we hv all resigned our previous jobs. I no d process didnot give room for 100percent merit, i can asure u dat more dan 60percent were absorbed on merit, and if am to conclude i wil say d process was fair enough because i got my space without knowing anybody in d board.I am writin dis because there mayb someone who is close to him who wil hv access to dis thread, Pls help us to beg him to call us back, my appointment letter is still with me at home and i had already relocated to d place i was posted to and worked for 3weeks b4 dis suspension came up. Personally am praying God to touch his heart for him to call us back, because most of us are regreting why we voted for him, because his policy has affected us adversly even wen we did notin wrong.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by PeterKbaba: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
ok

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by aariwa(m): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Arosa: I don't think reclaiming the moat is a good idea. They are historic sites and they help against flooding. unless he was referring to erosion gullies.
reclaiming means restoring the moat to its appealing state as it was 700 years ago.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole by sleekdot(m): 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
The same Oba that stood Retardeen Jonathan up

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Eko Atlantic Legal, And Makoko Illegal (case Of Two Nigerias) / Sheakau Speaks English, Give Reasons For Fighting Western Education (video) / Tinubu, I Must Drink From Niger-delta Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.