Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Truth About The 10 Commandments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About The 10 Commandments (1217 Views)

20 Commandments Of Muhammad The Founder Of Islam. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church / Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The 10 Commandments by greatgenius: 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
culled from conversations with God:

GOD:"......I will begin with a statement that will startle you—and perhaps offend the sensitivities of many
people. There are no such things as the Ten Commandments.
Neale Donald Walsch: Oh, My God, there aren’t?

GOD:No, there are not. Who would I command? Myself? And why would such commandments be
required? Whatever I want, is. N’est ce pas? How is it therefore necessary to command
anyone?
And, if I did issue commandments, would they not be automatically kept? How could I wish
something to be so so badly that I would command it—and then sit by and watch it not be
so?
What kind of a king would do that? What kind of a ruler?
And yet I tell you this: I am neither a king nor a ruler. I am simply—and awesomely—the
Creator. Yet the Creator does not rule, but merely creates, creates—and keeps on creating.
I have created you—blessed you—in the image and likeness of Me. And I have made certain
promises and commitments to you. I have told you, in plain language, how it will be with you
when you become as one with Me.
You are, as Moses was, an earnest seeker. Moses too, as do you now, stood before Me,
begging for answers. “Oh, God of My Fathers,” he called. “God of my God, deign to show me.
Give me a sign, that I may tell my people! How can we know that we are chosen?”
And I came to Moses, even as I have come to you now, with a divine covenant—an
everlasting promise—a sure and certain commitment. “How can I be sure?” Moses asked
plaintively. “Because I have told you so,” I said. “You have the Word of God.”
And the Word of God was not a commandment, but a covenant. These, then, are the.
Re: The Truth About The 10 Commandments by greatgenius: 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
TEN COMMITMENTS
You shall know that you have taken the path to God, and you shall know that you have found
God, for there will be these signs, these indications, these changes in you:
1. You shall love God with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul. And there shall be no
other God set before Me. No longer will you worship human love, or success, money, or
power, nor any symbol thereof. You will set aside these things as a child sets aside toys. Not
because they are unworthy, but because you have outgrown them.
And, you shall know you have taken the path to God because:
2. You shall not use the name of God in vain. Nor will you call upon Me for frivolous things.
You will understand the power of words, and of thoughts, and you would not think of invoking
the name of God in an unGodly manner. You shall not use My name in vain because you
cannot. For My name—the Great “1 Am”—is never used in vain (that is, without result), nor
can it ever be. And when you have found God, you shall know this.
And, I shall give you these other signs as well:
3. You shall remember to keep a day for Me, and you shall call it holy. This, so that you do
not long stay in your illusion, but cause yourself to remember who and what you are. And
then shall you soon call every day the Sabbath, and every moment holy.
4. You shall honor your mother and your father—and you will know you are the Son of God
when you honor your Father/Mother God in all that you say or do or think. And even as you
so honor the Mother/Father God, and your father and mother on Earth (for they have given
Re: The Truth About The 10 Commandments by greatgenius: 6:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
you life), so, too, will you honor everyone.
5. You know you have found God when you observe that you will not murder (that is, willfully
kill, without cause). For while you will understand that you cannot end another’s life in any
event (all life is eternal), you will not choose to terminate any particular incarnation, nor
change any life energy from one form to another, without the most sacred justification. Your
new reverence for life will cause you to honor all life forms—including plants, trees and
animals—and to impact them only when it is for the highest good.
And these other signs will I send you also, that you may know you are on the path:
6. You will not defile the purity of love with dishonesty or deceit, for this is adulterous. I
promise you, when you have found God, you shall not commit this adultery.
7. You will not take a thing that is not your own, nor cheat, nor connive, nor harm another to
have any thing, for this would be to steal. I promise you, when you have found God, you shall
not steal.
Nor shall you...
8. Say a thing that is not true, and thus bear false witness.
Nor shall you.
9. Covet your neighbor’s spouse, for why would you want your neighbor’s spouse when you
know all others are your spouse?
10. Covet your neighbor’s goods, for why would you want your neighbor’s goods when you
know that all goods can be yours, and all your goods belong to the world?
Re: The Truth About The 10 Commandments by greatgenius: 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
contd:
You will know that you have found the path to God when you see these signs. For I promise
that no one who truly seeks God shall any longer do these things. It would be impossible to
continue such behaviors.
These are your freedoms, not your restrictions. These are my commitments, not my
commandments.
For God does not order about what God has created—God merely tells
God’s children: this is how you will know that you are coming home.
Moses asked in earnest—”How may I know? Give me a sign.” Moses asked the same
question that you ask now. The same question all people everywhere have asked since time
began. My answer is likewise eternal. But it has never been, and never will be, a commandment.
For who shall I command? And who shall I punish should My commandments not be
kept?
There is only Me.
Re: The Truth About The 10 Commandments by Affiliated(m): 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
Wow. You just had to go and blow my mind. This puts a new spin and perspective on the bible. Things surely got misunderstood
Re: The Truth About The 10 Commandments by mumumugu(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
Who is remixin d bible?
Re: The Truth About The 10 Commandments by Goshen360(m): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
New Living Translation (©2007)
Before the way of faith in Christ was available to us, we were placed under guard by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until the way of faith was revealed. Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. [size=15pt]And now[/size] that the way of faith has come, [size=15pt]we no longer need the law as our guardian.[/size] Galatians 3:23-25

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 10 Commandments by Affiliated(m): 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
Goshen360: New Living Translation (©2007)
Before the way of faith in Christ was available to us, we were placed under guard by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until the way of faith was revealed. Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. [size=15pt]And now[/size] that the way of faith has come, [size=15pt]we no longer need the law as our guardian.[/size] Galatians 3:23-25

During the time of the law, didn't the people under the law have faith in God? If they didn't would they even care for "God's laws"? Is it that the faith in God needed to be transferred to faith in Jesus?

(1) (Reply)

Pastor TB Joshua Has Predicted That Today's Ghana-egypt Match / Wapgospel.com No.1 African Gospel Website. / Whose Image Are You Carrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.