Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People (1878 Views)

Seun: What Are The Guidelines For Banning Someone / To The Moderators, Please Show Mercy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mavrick2012: 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
"banned by maclatunji in islam for muslims for making offensiv coments.Ban expires by 9:09pm on dec 14".this is wat i woke up to see one monin under my profile.Initialy i tot it was because non muslims i nt alow to coment on islam-4-muslims,bt i later saw "4 makin ofensiv comentS",ie nt even one ofensiv coment but COMENTS.sincerely i was at lost as to which "ofensiv comentS" i made.am nt tryin to vindicate myself here,i tink it wil b beta if mods wil specificaly b referin ppl to d particular ofensiv coment(s),e.g. "u ar ban 4 sayin dis dis unda so so topic".NAIRALAND MODS MUST LEARN TO BE DEMOCRATIC AND TOLERANT.tanks
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Why don't you try sending a mail to this mod? You might think you did not make an offensive comment but you must realise that religion is a sensitive topic and you have what you consider non offensive is likely to be very offensive to others.

Send him a mail
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
They ban for fun. It's actually a favourite pastime for all of them. . . undecided

Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
sexkillz: They ban for fun. It's actually a favourite pastime for all of them. . . undecided

Werey
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mavrick2012: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44: Why don't you try sending a mail to this mod? You might think you did not make an offensive comment but you must realise that religion is a sensitive topic and you have what you consider non offensive is likely to be very offensive to others.

Send him a mail
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mavrick2012: 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44: Why don't you try sending a mail to this mod? You might think you did not make an offensive comment but you must realise that religion is a sensitive topic and you have what you consider non offensive is likely to be very offensive to others.

Send him a mail
will a religious,narrow-minded and bigoted fanatic like mactunji listen to advice?

1 Like

Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mavrick2012: will a religious,narrow-minded and bigoted fanatic like mactunji listen to advice?
Send it first
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by CrazyMan(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2012
sexkillz: They ban for fun. It's actually a favourite pastime for all of them. . . undecided
Abi o! undecided
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 10:48am On Nov 18, 2012
CrazyMan:
Abi o! undecided
Una two no well
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by r231(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2012
Mavrick2012: will a religious,narrow-minded and bigoted fanatic like mactunji listen to advice?

And you wonder why he banned you undecided undecided
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 11:32am On Nov 18, 2012
r231:

And you wonder why he banned you undecided undecided
I wonder oo
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by ITbomb(m): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2012

Remember those days when u were banned turn turn by them mods.
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
It's because some of them are feeling like a king on top nothing. Don't bother, soon they will start realising the time they are wasting.

Even Facebook with over 1 billion users doesn't ban callously the way nairaland authorities do.... sad

Members baned aimlessly like spammers and scammers. Mthewww...

All the same, nairaland rocks. Just need to amend it banning policy b4 it brings problem upon the "great" website smiley

1 Like

Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by chucky234(m): 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2012

lol
Pot calling kettle black
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mavrick2012: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
Send it first
tanks 4ur responce,d type of u makes beta mods.bros,am sure he is verymuch aware of dis thread,if mactunji doesnt take corectn frm dis post den thousands of mails wil surly nt improv his despotic dispositn.
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
I give up
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2012

Send him a mail

It seems that you dont know Maclatunji.

People in the religion section would laugh at your suggestion
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

It seems that you dont know Maclatunji.

People in the religion section would laugh at your suggestion
Then mail Muki. Its so simple.

She can upturn it
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
Then mail Muki. Its so simple.

She can upturn it

You mean Mukina? grin grin grin grin

You are so innocent and naive!

What you are suggesting in theory makes sense. It just happens that it is not practical with the people involved wink
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

You mean Mukina? grin grin grin grin

You are so innocent and naive!

What you are suggesting in theory makes sense. It just happens that it is not practical with the people involved wink

I mail Muki lot when I am banned with positive results so this is strange
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
I mail Muki lot when I am banned with positive results so this is strange

Have you been banned from the Islam section?
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Have you been banned from the Islam section?
What would I be doing there in the first place?
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
What would I be doing there in the first place?

You wouldnt understand.

Dont get me wrong. Your comments are logical but you need first hand experience to understand what is going on there.
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

You wouldnt understand.

Dont get me wrong. Your comments are logical but you need first hand experience to understand what is going on there.
Look he is still human and hr has ears. I don't see how seun can ban me and he lifts it and a mod not doing the same.

Well maybe you know something I don't
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
Look he is still human and hr has ears. I don't see how seun can ban me and he lifts it and a mod not doing the same.

Well maybe you know something I don't

Do a nairaland search on maclatunji and you will see the amount of negative threads opened on him. The way I see it, seun doesnt bother with the islamic section because of the trouble he got in the past
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Freiburger(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hello posters, the inappropriate calling of names and throwing out insults will be henceforth not accepted.
Thanks for cooperating.
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
Freiburger: Hello posters, the inappropriate calling of names and throwing out insults will be henceforth not accepted.
Thanks for cooperating.
Yes boss
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by r231(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Ayomax(m): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
yeah, those mod do feel like lil gods n dey enjoy banning ppl for fun. yeye ppl (I knw I will get banned for this) well I'm ready.
Re: Moderators Please Give Specific Reasons For Banning People by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
Dey there dey smile
r231: grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Otunba Akin Alabi Just Won Primary Election For Federal House Of Reps, Egbeda / Arewa Sport Is Here!!! / See The Reactions After The Most Wanted Snake Was Caught.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.