Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys (17515 Views)

17 Month Old Baby Born Without Nose / PHOTO: Father Sells His 6-month-old Son To Pay For Visa / Pictures Of A Seven Month Old Baby Starved Of Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by yamakuza: 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
Oh please. Look in that picture. Did it look like that python could constricted and swallow that kid? People actually keep pythons and boat contrictors as pets na

Well even do that so why should a snake be different?

https://www.nairaland.com/628864/python-swallows-6months-old-baby
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
yamakuza:

https://www.nairaland.com/628864/python-swallows-6months-old-baby

Look at the picture on this thread. Does that snake look like it can swallow that kid? Please
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by ayobase(m): 11:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
candygosh:
Lol ayo.
I bet few would wait. Came across a green mamba back then in school. Mehn I really didnt knw I was good at marathon sprinting. I could av joined in nipoga games.

LOL.
Snake?
I fear snake pass LION o!
Who knows if snake dey beside u there now, or rather under ur bed.
Na joke o...make e no be like sey I no make u sleep, just like someone no allow sholly sleep lastnite o!
but, I don follow kill one before....na me dey throw stones from behind!
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
apocalypse:

This must be the dumbest post of the year
Yaaaaaaaay I won an award.

You done? Now go have dinner

1 Like

Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by ayobase(m): 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
binger: Lol...pls make it quick dear,this child must nt die.

Its too late!
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by yamakuza: 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
Look at the picture on this thread. Does that snake look like it can swallow that kid? Please

looks can be deceiving, you know?

2nd or 3rd pic?
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by ayobase(m): 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
apocalypse:

This must be the dumbest post of the year

Im sure you have not been visiting threads on NL lately!
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
ayobase:

Im sure you have not been visiting threads on NL lately!
You are just jealous of my award.
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by rodeo0070(m): 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
Well even do that so why should a snake be different?
@Mynd
What's your point? Are you saying its okay for a kid to play with snakes? You are rather trying to be funny...
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by deavicky(m): 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2012
Nothing is wrong with giving through baby pythoon for s toy as long as they sure it will not harm d baby. Afterall i'm planning buying lion for my unborn child.
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 11:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
rodeo0070:
@Mynd
What's your point? Are you saying its okay for a kid to play with snakes? You are rather trying to be funny...
It is a pet simple. A non'poisonous one. What's the harm there?

Its the same thing as buying the kid a dog

1 Like

Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
Oh please. Look in that picture. Did it look like that python could constricted and swallow that kid? People actually keep pythons and boat contrictors as pets na
guy...everybody knows what a python can do
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 18, 2012
[.
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 7:50am On Nov 18, 2012
MuhMubRaj: guy...everybody knows what a python can do
Please tell us
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2012
apocalypse:

It is not the same thing as buying a dog , there is a reason why one is regarded as domesticated and the other wild and you should check the number of people , especially. children , that otherwise mild dogs have killed
Look from the looks here, these people have been rearing these snakes for long. And they know how to maintain it.

Pythons don't get aggressive unless hungry. Even in the wild, you can easily pick a grown python and move it to another location with it even constructing you.

That is a python now if it were an anaconda, it would have been a different story
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2012
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2012
apocalypse:

Who says pythons aren't aggressive , probably a rock python but definitely not an Indian python.
I am telling you than pythons are among the most gentle reptiles. They are not likely to attack you.

That's a fact
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by ayobase(m): 8:12am On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
You are just jealous of my award.

LMAO....
Make I go church, come back!
So u like the award?
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 8:28am On Nov 18, 2012
ayobase:

LMAO....
Make I go church, come back!
So u like the award?
Yes na. Na better award

1 Like

Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 18, 2012
The python will eventually swalow the kid
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:

Yes! It looks that way. Do you think it has to be man-sized before it can constrict the baby?
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Yes! It looks that way. Do you think it has to be man-sized before it can constrict the baby?
snakes don't kill for fun. They kill when threatened. Pythons don't constrict when threatened, they have a painful bite and that's all.

How can that kid threaten that snake?
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by rodeo0070(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
It is a pet simple. A non poisonous one. What's the harm there?

Its the same thing as buying the kid a dog
Hnmmm! More like saying its okay for a kid to play with a grenade as long as the pin is still intact.
A snake doesn't H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ to be venomous to be dangerous...
I hope this link helps:
www.smashinglists.com/top-10-criteria-based-deadliest-snakes-in-the-world/
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by rodeo0070(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2012
Danger to humans
Attacks on humans are rare, but this
species has been responsible for several
human fatalities, in both the wild and
captivity. They are among the few snakes
that have been fairly reliably reported to
eat people, although only a few cases of the
snake actually eating (rather than just
killing) a human appear to be
authenticated:
Two incidents, apparently in early 20th
century Indonesia: On Salibabu, a 14-
year-old boy was killed and supposedly
eaten by a specimen 5.17 m (c.17 ft) in
length. Another incident involved an
adult woman reputedly eaten by a "large
reticulated python", but few details are
known.[16]
Franz Werner reported a case from
Burma occurring either in the early 1910s
or in 1927.[9] A jeweller named Maung
Chit Chine, who went hunting with his
friends, was apparently eaten by a 6 m
(20 ft.) specimen after he sought shelter
from a rainstorm in or under a tree.
Supposedly, he was swallowed feet-first,
contrary to normal snake behavior, but
perhaps the easiest way for a snake to
actually swallow a human.[17]
In 1932, Frank Buck wrote about a
teenage boy who was eaten by a pet 25 ft
(7.6 m). reticulated python in the
Philippines. According to Buck, the
python escaped, and when it was found,
a human child's shape was recognised
inside the snake. It turned out to be the
son of the snake's owner.[9]
Among a small group of Agta negritos in
the Philipppines, six deaths by python
have been documented within a period
of 40 years, plus one who died later of an
infected bite.[15]
On September 4, 1995, Ee Heng Chuan,
a 29-year-old rubber tapper from the
southern Malaysian state of Johor, was
killed by a large reticulated python. The
victim had apparently been caught
unaware and was squeezed to death. The
snake had coiled around the lifeless body
with the victim's head gripped in its jaws
when it was stumbled upon by the
victim's brother. The python, measuring
23 ft (7.0 m) long and weighing more
than 300 lb, was killed soon after by the
arriving police, who required four shots
to bring it down.[9]
According to Mark Auliya, the corpse of
32-year-old Mangyan, Lantod Gumiliu,
was recovered from the belly of a 7 m (23
ft) reticulated python on Mindoro,
probably in January, 1998.[14]
On October 23, 2008, a 25-year-old
Virginia Beach, Virginia woman,
Amanda Ruth Black, appeared to have
been killed by a 13-foot (4.0 m) pet
reticulated python. The apparent cause
of death was asphyxiation. The snake
was later found in the bedroom in an
agitated state.[18]
On January 21, 2009, a 3-year-old Las
Vegas boy was wrapped by an 18-foot
(5.5 m) pet reticulated python, turning
blue. The boy's mother, who had been
babysitting the python on behalf of a
friend, rescued the toddler by gashing
the python with a knife. The snake was
later euthanised because of its fatal
wounds.[19]
Considering the known maximum prey
size, it is technically possible for a full-
grown specimen to open its jaws wide
enough to swallow a human child,
teenager, or even an adult, although the
flaring shoulders of Homo sapiens could
pose a problem for a snake with
insufficient size. The victim would almost
certainly be dead by the time the snake
started swallowing.
SOURCE:en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_reticulatus
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2012
^^
Those were snakes that grew up in the wild and lawd knows their atitude at that instant.

Should we also bring up the number of times a pack of wild dogs have killed and eaten an human being?

Please check up on wild dogs and see
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by rodeo0070(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^
Those were snakes that grew up in the wild and lawd knows their atitude at that instant.

Should we also bring up the number of times a pack of wild dogs have killed and eaten an human being?

Please check up on wild dogs and see
Those sited instances are not those that happened in the wild only if you read carefully
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2012
rodeo0070:
Those sited instances are not those that happened in the wild only if you read carefully
And don't we have instances where dogs turn on their owners?
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by rodeo0070(m): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
And don't we have instances where dogs turn on their owners?
Thank you for validating my stance as regards this issue.
Dogs are widely regarded domestic while snakes, even in captivity or trained are still considered dangerous and wild.
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by Mynd44: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
rodeo0070:
Thank you for validating my stance as regards this issue.
Dogs are widely regarded domestic while snakes, even in captivity or trained are still considered dangerous and wild.
Dude even human behaviour Santa be predicted not to talk animals
Re: Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys by rodeo0070(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
Dude even human behaviour Santa be predicted not to talk animals
Nice of you to keep justifying my opinion...
Pls what do u mean by "santa?" I don't understand pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Embarrassing Thing That Ever Happened To You? / Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids / Mention Some Character In People That Shock You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.