Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? (6773 Views)

Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled / Bible Was Untouched By Flames After Road Accident In Abuja / Do You Realise That We Don't Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
Far from being ''inspired by the Lord'', the Bible was actually compiled from a wide variety of writings, by a VOTE arranged by Emperor Constantine of Rome and his cohorts including some bishops.

They simply VOTED to allow certain writings to be included in the bible and VOTED to exclude certain others.

I wonder how many Nigerian christians carrying bible up and down actually realise this FACT of history.

My guess is less than 0.0001%.

Tragic.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2012
The Bible's Ungodly Origins

by Robert L. Johnson

Emperor Constantine of Rome

Many rank and file Christians sincerely believe the Bible is a direct communication from God to man. I know I used to believe it was when I was a Christian. And from recent conversations with many sincere Christians I know this is currently true for many believers. Once it is proven to our God-given reason that the Bible is strictly a man-made collection of mythology the mind loses yet another shackle of "revelation" and is soon on its way to full freedom and progress.

The Bible was not handed to mankind by God, nor was it dictated to human stenographers by God. It has nothing to do with God. In actuality, the Bible was VOTED to be the word of God by a group of men during the 4th century.

According to John Crossan, Professor of Biblical Studies at DePaul University, the Roman Emperor Constantine 'the Great' (274-337 CE), who was the first Roman Emperor to convert to Christianity, needed a single canon to be agreed upon by the Christian leaders to help him unify the remains of the Roman Empire. Until this time the various Christian leaders could not decide which books would be considered "holy" and thus "the word of God" and which ones would be excluded and not considered the word of God.

Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action - MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders MONEY to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God. The Church leaders gathered together at the Council of Nicaea and voted the "word of God" into existence, after collecting their MONEY.

Read on....

http://www.deism.com/bibleorigins.htm
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 17, 2012
And people wonder why pastors ride private jets. Christianity has ALWAYS been about one thing and one thing alone - MONEY. The ''praise the lord, born again, speaking in tongues'' brigade are merely the grunts, the hoodwinked generators of money for the big boys, as they've always been.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 17, 2012
All this will fall on deaf ears.

Too many Nigerians are ready to be slaves to the Jewish religion. They want to pay their tithes or offerings to their church in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2012
The bible was compiled almost sixty years after constantine's death by a council of some north african catholic bishops in the tunisian city of hippo in 393 CE.The decisions here were later adopted by another church council in held in carthage in the year 397 CE

3 Likes

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Revolva(m): 9:29am On Nov 17, 2012
I just know the bible has always been a best seller KJV of it and @poster thanks for this topic let them know all this brainwashed nigerians
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
chukwudi44: The bible was compiled almost sixty years after constantine's death by a council of some north african catholic bishops in the tunisian city of hippo in 393 CE.The decisions here were later adopted by another church council in held in carthage in the year 397 CE
compiling of bible never of make it unreal , do you really know the meaning of "compile" that word signify that the bible was not in a single volume but in various scroll please get it right okay . and let me tell you no amount of your knowledge can stop the plan of God even the greatest scientists that started all these where are they and the bible and the religion continue to excel more than 2000 years please stop wasting your precious time. when it's time you will know the truth but too late to amend .

2 Likes

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03: All this will fall on deaf ears.

Too many Nigerians are ready to be slaves to the Jewish religion. They want to pay their tithes or offerings to their church in peace.
Are you a man? do you ever believe there is charm , do you mind to give a test huh ? am not witch doctor but you need to learn one or two things . stop posting ignorance on here. if you can arrange a place lets meet one on one maybe you will learn a little lesson . you will know there are dark forces and an energy that control them . make finding stop this internet finding

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2012
ROSSIKE: And people wonder why pastors ride private jets. Christianity has ALWAYS been about one thing and one thing alone - MONEY. The ''praise the lord, born again, speaking in tongues'' brigade are merely the grunts, the hoodwinked generators of money for the big boys, as they've always been.
yes you are right bible contain good and bad , since the maker of all things make good and bad , is now left to you to choose which one you wish. all religions are guilty of corruption because it form majority part of their systems , corruption is even better than terrorism which is been preached by some religion. why can't you look into other religion why BIBLE ? it shows your hatred towards it . this bible have withstand a lot of criticisms and overcome . you are not the first and you are not going to be the last . so keep it up and bounce in your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2012
jcross19: yes you are right bible contain good and bad , since the maker of all things make good and bad , is now left to you to choose which one you wish. all religions are guilty of corruption because it form majority part of their systems , corruption is even better than terrorism which is been preached by some religion. why can't you look into other religion why BIBLE ? it shows your hatred towards it . this bible have withstand a lot of criticisms and overcome . you are not the first and you are not going to be the last . so keep it up and bounce in your ignorance

Dude, spare us your long grammar. Do you christians not go around claiming that your bible was ''inspired by God''?

So are you saying the voters in Constantine's palace, after being given MONEY by the Emperor, became inspired ''by God'', or began to hear the word of God in their inner ears after the sharing of the money? What ARE you saying?

5 Likes

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2012
jcross19: compiling of bible never of make it unreal , do you really know the meaning of "compile" that word signify that the bible was not in a single volume but in various scroll please get it right okay . and let me tell you no amount of your knowledge can stop the plan of God even the greatest scientists that started all these where are they and the bible and the religion continue to excel more than 2000 years please stop wasting your precious time. when it's time you will know the truth but too late to amend .

Ol boy why are you attcking me?what I posted is historical facts.if you think scrolls have been in existence then why don't you have regards for other writings which were existing for more than 2 millienia but were not canonised.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
You know the christians are slaves with passion. It took 500 years before slavery was abolished. Perhaps in less than 400 years,the xtian morons will wise up.

At the moment,they are contemplated with donating money for private jets
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2012
ifeness: You know the christians are slaves with passion. It took 500 years before slavery was abolished. Perhaps in less than 400 years,the xtian morons will wise up.

There was a woman engaged in freeing slaves in america. She said that she would have freed more slaves if they knew that they were slaves

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
Constantine had no input whatsorever in the compilation of the bible.These was achieved by a council of bishops headed by the great st Augustine of hippo.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Dude, spare us your long grammar. Do you christians not go around claiming that your bible was ''inspired by God''?

So are you saying the voters in Constantine's palace, after being given MONEY by the Emperor, became inspired ''by God'', or began to hear the word of God in their inner ears after the sharing of the money? What ARE you saying?
lol too much movie , that it's a movie . if he bible were made up and contained false , right then what was their purpose ? and tell me the story of king nero and his relationship to the christians of his time , because before that voting they were christians and what book are they reading then can you upgrade me on that.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

There was a woman engaged in freeing slaves in america. She said that she would have freed more slaves if they knew that they were slaves
you are free man if you can remain till eternity , you are free if you can control time and if you can control the circumstances around you before it faces you then you are free man like gannicus . hahaha but bro you are slave to all those things , tomorrow might be last .

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by jcross19: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
ifeness: You know the christians are slaves with passion. It took 500 years before slavery was abolished. Perhaps in less than 400 years,the xtian morons will wise up.

then one way or the other you are slave too unless if you don't pay tax . ahahahah
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
chukwudi44: Constantine had no input whatsorever in the compilation of the bible.These was achieved by a council of bishops headed by the great st Augustine of hippo.

What difference does it make? There were things left out of the scriptures that we dont know. Cathokics might have the most complete bible but it is still dubious.

No evidence for god. Your christianity is just Jewish paganism and as a slave, you accept that a Jewish man is god. You accept that Yaweh chose to ignore west Africans for over 4,000 years until the Europeans came with their christianity in the 16th century. During those 4000 years, he was revealing himself to the jews
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

What difference does it make? There were things left out of the scriptures that we dont know. Cathokics might have the most complete bible but it is still dubious.

No evidence for god. Your christianity is just Jewish paganism and as a slave, you accept that a Jewish man is god. You accept that Yaweh chose to ignore west Africans for over 4,000 years until the Europeans came with their christianity in the 16th century. During those 4000 years, he was revealing himself to the jews

It is a proof money had no input in the compilation but was rather guided by the spirit of God.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
chukwudi44:

It is a proof money had no input in the compilation but was rather guided by the spirit of God.

Nope because there are so many verses in the bible that support giving to the church (not necessarily tithing).

Furthermore, it is of no surprise that the catholic church is worth a billion dollars. What would even Jesus think about your church?

Furthermore, the compilation was guided by men not god

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
jcross19: then one way or the other you are slave too unless if you don't pay tax . ahahahah

Unless you live in an unorganised and corrupt society,i would assume you know why taxes and council taxes are being paid. Perhaps i should enlighten you.

Cleaning of the street,tax refunds,pension funds, emptying of the rubbish bins are what the taxes are usually for,hence you benefit from a clean enviroment for your family,good roads and others. Apart from those,you get free hospital care and medications etc

But you see the church keeps taking money from you with nothing in return. Lest i forgot,jesus is building a place for you on some myterious planet.

But we all know your pastors ride around in exotic cars and private jets while the rest of you walk around on foot.

Now tell me who the slave is?

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by bolayei: 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
the books in the bible are accurate accounts of events but some other books where omitted for certain reasons. books like the gospel of Judas and paul, the gospel of Mary magdalene. some omisions from the books we know today, some omissions about sorcery, women and even the story of the virgin mary was omitted and the fact that Eve was not the first woman and who cain married and how men and women are equal since woman was created sametime as adam from dust and not from his ribs. The truth is if you dig into christainity you will find out alot of things but at the sametime you will understand why constantine ordered for the book to be compiled by the bishop at that time
ROSSIKE: Far from being ''inspired by the Lord'', the Bible was actually compiled from a wide variety of writings, by a VOTE arranged by Emperor Constantine of Rome and his cohorts including some bishops.

They simply VOTED to allow certain writings to be included in the bible and VOTED to exclude certain others.

I wonder how many Nigerian christians carrying bible up and down actually realise this FACT of history.

My guess is less than 0.0001%.

Tragic.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
I have known for over years now that bible is a not book to be reckon with.
(let me check my history diary-be back soon) because i learnt that there was war before they could reach concessionabout the compilation. Even the king james version was named after the then king of.......(let me research well)
christianity is a trash.
Jesus was not born of virgin
Well, i dey come back
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sirniyeh: I have known for over years now that bible is a not book to be reckon with.
(let me check my history diary-be back soon) because i learnt that there was war before they could reach concessionabout the compilation. Even the king james version was named after the then king of.......(let me research well)
christianity is a trash.
Well, i dey come back

grin grin grin too funny
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Revolva(m): 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sirniyeh: I have known for over years now that bible is a not book to be reckon with.
christianity is a trash.
Well, i dey come back
Haha that's true jare I fully support you...na pastor life dey better the people dey suffer
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2012
christianity is a trash.
Well, i dey come back

King James was the same dude who killed his mother and wife. He went mad at some point.
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

What difference does it make? There were things left out of the scriptures that we dont know. Catholics might have the most complete bible but it is still dubious.

My brother I've always wondered the same thing about this their so called Jewish ''God''. Was West Africa really that far away from Israel, for the Creator of the entire universe to completely ignore it for 4,000 years, only to remember us when Europeans decided they needed slaves and land to steal and r.ape for resources? All of a sudden we had to 'Love him' and 'worship him', failing which we would 'go to hell'??

In fact the African needs to wise up badly. These white folks just take us for fools and all we do is prove them right.

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
ROSSIKE:

My brother I've always wondered the same thing about this their so called Jewish ''God''. Was West Africa really that far away from Israel, for the Creator of the entire universe, to ignore it for 4,000 years, only to remember us when Europeans decided they needed slaves and land to steal and rape for resources? All of a sudden we had to 'Love him' and 'worship him', failing which we would 'go to hell'??

In fact the African needs to wise up badly. These white folks just take us for fools and all we do is prove them right.

The problem is that some wish to be slaves. They are content to be slaves.

However, there is hope. There was a thread where many christians were saying tat they browse on their phones in church. It shows that they are getting tired of religious nonsense.

For muslims, i dunno....
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
^^The muslims are just as deluded and brainwashed. More so in fact. In Nigeria, you have tens of millions of people whose life ambition is to leave the African continent and visit Mecca - not because there are business opportunities there, or comely women there to marry, or excellent education to be had there, but because ''GOD'' supposedly lives there.

Why is this ''God'' so scared of Africa, Asia, China, South America etc, that he must only always settle in the middle east?? Be it the christian ''God'' or the muslim ''God''?

Why do we buy into that nonsensical idea?

1 Like

Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 18, 2012
ROSSIKE: ^^The muslims are just as deluded and brainwashed. More so in fact. In Nigeria, you have tens of millions of people whose life ambition is to leave the African continent and visit Mecca - not because there are business opportunities there, or comely women there to marry, or excellent education to be had there, but because ''GOD'' supposedly lives there.

Why is this ''God'' so scared of Africa, Asia, China, South America etc, that he must only always settle in the middle east?? Be it the christian ''God'' or the muslim ''God''?

Why do we buy into that nonsensical idea?

I think that there is some inferiority complex. They look at how backwards their country is and so, they think that Arabs and Europeans who have better countries are 100% right with god

Some of them dont even realise that christianity has died in most parts in Europe, while many Arab countries are backwards
Re: Do You Realise The Bible Was Compiled via A VOTE In Constantine's Palace? by Kamxin(m): 3:24am On Nov 18, 2012
Hey guys, let lend some historical perspectives from D world oldest surviving institution(D Catholic church). In our 1979 years of existence we do not define truth unless errors abound on the matter(Act 5). There was no canon scripture in the early church, in other words there was no bible. The bible is the book of the church, she is not a church of the bible. It was the church; her leadership, faithful people guided by the authority of D spirit of truth(Jn 14: 16-17) which discovered D books inspired by God in their(apostles) writing. The church did not create the canon, she discerned the canon. The council of laodicea in 360AD produced a list of books similar to today's canon, but Pope Damasus in his decree listed the books of today's canon after the council of Rome in 382AD made a case for it. The council of Hippo created the list of both D new and old testament books in 393AD as it is today. The council of carthage(N.Africa) did D same in 397AD & 419AD. But D final infalliable definition of canonical books by D catholic church came from council of Trient in 1556AD, which upheld today's bible as it is. Only 27 from hundreds books written by the apostles. Contrariwise, Constantine who know only of Biblia(books) and not Bible(book) died on 22nd of May, 337AD. So your write up is based on malicious gossips & backed by no-facts or evidence, so no leg to stand on.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? / Nigeria, Write Down The Date MAY 16th 2018 | New TB Joshua PROPHECY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.