Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? (779 Views)

The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective / Shia Ayatollah Issues Fatwa Permitting The Drinking Of Water During FASTING / Muslims Voting In Elections In Non-muslim Countries - Fatwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 17, 2012
After reading a recent article on Slaman Rushdie and the renewed threat of death against his life, I still have to wonder when this will end.

If I recall, Salman Rushdie has even apologised for the book, yet, the fatwa still remains.

The question now becomes, would Salman Rushdie ever outlive the death sentence and would certain islamic people jubilate if he dies?
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by Gboliwe: 3:25am On Nov 17, 2012
Rushdie rings a bel. Iam too lazy to google him up also. Will you please give us background story of who he is and what led to fatwa on his head.
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 17, 2012
Gboliwe: Rushdie rings a bel. Iam too lazy to google him up also. Will you please give us background story of who he is and what led to fatwa on his head.

Salman Rushdie wrote a book "the satanic Verses" in 1988 which many muslims felt was an evil description of Muammad.

All he did was write a book
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by Gboliwe: 3:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Satanic verses. Now i remember. Thanks
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by vedaxcool(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2012
I think officer Douche has something to say;

Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2012
vedaxcool: I think officer Douche has something to say;

Trolling early in the morning? undecided
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by LagosShia: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2012
vedaxcool: I think officer Douche has something to say;

And I really like how officer douche dresses!
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
Cant imagine that LagosShia would have the nerve to comment after many people have condemned him for saying that he would kill Salman Rushdie if he had the chance. In the other section, LagosShia is known a religious fanatic.
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by LagosShia: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2012
Logicboy03: Cant imagine that LagosShia would have the nerve to comment after many people have condemned him for saying that he would kill Salman Rushdie if he had the chance. In the other section, LagosShia is known a religious fanatic.

grin

Stop boring us with the same topics over and over.you're spamming the board.no one is interested to defend anything against what you say.you're boring.you're just an attention seeker.

Nothing for you!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:

grin

Stop boring us with the same topics over and over.you're spamming the board.no one is interested to defend anything against what you say.you're boring.you're just an attention seeker.

Nothing for you!
grin grin grin

I have never made a thread about Salman Rushdie before. Anyway, you can keep telling lies and show the kind of muslim you are
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by vedaxcool(m): 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2012
LagosShia:

And I really like how officer douche dresses!

Really? He seems to have more swag than logoboy's god troll!
Re: Revisiting The Salman Rushdie Affair- Should He Still Carry The Death Fatwa? by LagosShia: 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
vedaxcool:

Really? He seems to have more swag than logoboy's god troll!

He is very neat.very nice mustache.and like a gentleman he poses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muslima Widow Tells It All: "My Husband Was . ." / Why Is Sharia Law So 'Violent'? / *al-riyah(pretending Virtuosness)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.