Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? (949 Views)

Helppp My Nairaland Family, This Food Must Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by shayman(m): 3:34am On Feb 06, 2008
why must we eat 3 times daily? cant we just feed like once in 3 or 4 days, at least it will save the stress of eating breakfast n 4 hrs later u wld start thinking of wat to eat again
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by TheSly: 3:50am On Feb 06, 2008
ha! cheesy

well as neil armstrong is the first person to land on the moon cheesy

u have the right to be the first to try that. . . . . .and tell us how it feels cheesy grin cheesy

na wa!! make i no eat for 3days. . . u wan kill person. . .if dem say make i choose between food and u. . . .na food i go take cheesy grin
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2008
It definitely depends on ones metabolism, the caloric need, and general appetite.  wink
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by stingersmi(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2008
Wee need eat trice a day as it helps in building and replenishing the strength and vitamins we lose through our daily stress
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by otokx(m): 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2008
Twice daily can suffice.
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by titilaelae(f): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2008
You really do NOT have to eat thrice a day. I used to think it was impossible.It's not the number of times you eat but what you eat itself that makes you healthy.It however depends on your age and body requirement. Most of the times what we adults eat the three times may NOT even give us the required nutrients. For example, anything made out of plain white flour e.g white bread, cake and pastries in general don't give you any nutritional value. I have some 'funny' guys in my office, they are factory workers, as early as 8am, they'll buy those locally made buns or doughnuts(doesn't matter though, whether they are from MacDonald or Tantalizer), eat and 'wash' it down with 'orobo' coke/fanta, and cold one for that matter! shocked I would smile at them but weep inside because such people are 'killing' themselves gradually. That is of course their breakfast, they would most likely have a good lunch at the staff canteen and some of them would buy fried yam and ankara on their way home to have as dinner. For healthy nutrition, breakfast was NIL, lunch was OK and dinner was just FAIR.

On the other hand, someone who simply took few biscuits and a cup of tea (but my candid choice is FRUITS or simply water!) as breakfast, have a real meal (rice, amala, beans or whatever) as lunch and take fruits (banana, pawpaw, orange and the like) again in the evening, has a better chance of healthy living. Most of those traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner do not completely digest before we take the next one. Give your digestive system a break meeen!

On a final note, if you must take dinner, please do so a couple of hours before you go to bed. Your digestive system is inactive when you are sleeping and undigested food in your system causes great damage to your health.

Cheers
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2008
I only eat when I'm hungry, not necessarily three times daily. Sometimes I eat only once, maybe lunch.
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 29, 2008
Ahan! I don't know why people must ever eat, not to talk of 3ice daily.

I have never ate anything in my life, all I ever took is water and it's still sustaining me.

I get surprised when I see people eating food like: If you don't eat, you'll die.
I don't plan to start eating and if I might, then it would be like Once a month (Fruits only) grin
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2008
stillwater:

I only eat when I'm hungry, not necessarily three times daily. Sometimes I eat only once, maybe lunch.

I was going to say that as well

My Diet is not that regimented / disciplined enough to limit myself to 3 square meals.

Am usually munching on something. grin grin
Re: Food: Must We Take It Thrice Daily? by dominique(f): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
used to have 3 square meals when i was a kid, but now i only eat when i'm hungry, and i'm not always hungry 3 times a day, just twice and at times once

(1) (Reply)

If Beans Can Talk Would U Eat Dem? / Celebrating Nigeria's Yummy Yams / Mamador Chef Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.