Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (793115 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Essy01: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2023
I applied for tourist visa to France and I did not attach statement of purpose. I was refused based on that. I was told I can appeal. I would like to know if I should appeal and attach my statement of purpose or reapply. Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 11:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
Give more details. What did they put on your decision letter.
Essy01:
I applied for tourist visa to France and I did not attach statement of purpose. I was refused based on that. I was told I can appeal. I would like to know if I should appeal and attach my statement of purpose or reapply. Thank you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Pushinglimits: 1:40am On Apr 27, 2023
Hello Nairaland so I applied for a tourist visa for France which was unfortunately denied last week. Was looking to travel with my family, (two sons and wife), which are currently all UK citizens. Had a prior Schengen Visa to France about five years ago, have a previous UK visa, plus a current one as well. Account balance was over 5 million, plus also added my USD savings account info which is close to $20k. The reason for refusal was “ Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided”. I included all necessary documents needed, as Ive been following this forum for quite awhile to know what was necessary before applying. I had also stated in my application that I’ll be spending a couple of days in Spain at a resort, but France would be the POE and where I’ll be spending the longest. I could have appealed but felt like it’ll would be quicker and easier to reapply. My question is should I reapply via France with the same documents but add updated bank statements and my renewed residential and business lease, and also give a better explanation of my itinerary, which I felt like I did initially but, didn’t give a day to day breakdown of my trip, or altogether just try another Schengen country to apply like Spain? I have businesses in Nigeria which I included proof in my application, kind of stumped as to why my application was actually denied, especially with UK travel history and a previous Schengen visa.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 5:22am On Apr 27, 2023
Sorry about your refusal. I'm not sure what else you could have added based on the details below.

Could you list out each document submitted so others can comment and advise?

Pushinglimits:
Hello Nairaland so I applied for a tourist visa for France which was unfortunately denied last week. Was looking to travel with my family, (two sons and wife), which are currently all UK citizens. Had a prior Schengen Visa to France about five years ago, have a previous UK visa, plus a current one as well. Account balance was over 5 million, plus also added my USD savings account info which is close to $20k. The reason for refusal was “ Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided”. I included all necessary documents needed, as Ive been following this forum for quite awhile to know what was necessary before applying. I had also stated in my application that I’ll be spending a couple of days in Spain at a resort, but France would be the POE and where I’ll be spending the longest. I could have appealed but felt like it’ll would be quicker and easier to reapply. My question is should I reapply via France with the same documents but add updated bank statements and my renewed residential and business lease, and also give a better explanation of my itinerary, which I felt like I did initially but, didn’t give a day to day breakdown of my trip, or altogether just try another Schengen country to apply like Spain? I have businesses in Nigeria which I included proof in my application, kind of stumped as to why my application was actually denied, especially with UK travel history and a previous Schengen visa.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 5:28am On Apr 27, 2023
Not enough.

Travel history? Home ties? Finances?

Do note that the comments and guidance you receive here are from past (or soon-to-be) applicants and what is being shared is what has worked for other successful applicants.

It's important to read from the 1st page and then highlight areas you think may be weak in your application for guidance.

Temidjoy:
I'm a software engineer, trainer and an author

For more details
https://www.linkedin.com/in/temidayoadefioye/
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Newbiein2016: 5:30am On Apr 27, 2023
Sorry about the refusal but there's no option in the rejection letter that states this.

What exactly was the reason ticked in your rejection letter?

What documents were submitted?

Essy01:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 7:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Pushinglimits:

Very unfortunate events are unfolding lately.

You have a solid travel background.

I advise you to appeal while you look for other means.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pcoolioz(m): 9:07am On Apr 27, 2023
Hello all. I am trying to register on TLS and book an appointment. This is what I am seeing next and I cant click or do anything. Are these the available dates or dates that have been taken? Don't understand.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Restricted: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2023
I think you should reapply to France with a more detailed itinerary with daily breakdown of what and what you will do each day in each country you are visiting. I will also STRONLY suggest you do a reservation of some events/activities for the family and prepay for some cheaper ones (you can always cancel them later anyways). See below for suggestions.......Good luck

My Planned Itinerary is as follows:

• May 5, 2023 – Flight from Lagos to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport via KL419
• May 6, 2023 – Champagne Cruise in Paris (Fully Paid ticket attached)
• May 7, 2023 – Eiffel Tower Summit (Reserved ticket attached)
• May 8, 2023 – Louvre Guided Tour (Fully Paid ticket attached)
• May 9, 2023 – Relax and watch Liverpool vs Chelsea football match and other matches
• May 10, 2023 – Day trip to DisneyLand
• May 11, 2023 - Cité des Sciences et de l'industrie (Fully Paid ticket attached)
• May 13, 2023 - Chateau de Versailles
• May 15, 2023 – Flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Lagos via AF419

Pushinglimits:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Africankel(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
pcoolioz:
Hello all. I am trying to register on TLS and book an appointment. This is what I am seeing next and I cant click or do anything. Are these the available dates or dates that have been taken? Don't understand.

There are no appointments at TLS for Italy visa till around June. However, I believe you can walk in to submit your application without appointment for a fee.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Champora: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
dami24:

That’s a record… 10 days! That’s wonderful. Did you have prior travel history? did you have any issues with documentation at TLS? Oh my goodness , so many questions I have…If you don’t mind, can you tell all the documents you submitted?

Sure, well thanks be to God.

Yes I’m a frequent traveler and it was my third Schengen visa, my last one was maybe in 2020.

Documents if I remember correctly- they have a list of documents on their website which was what i followed. The only document I didn't have was a tax clearance certificate and I was asked for it. But I submitted without it.

Docs (if I remember correctly)

- bank statement + reference letter from bank
- reference from work + personal letter of introduction that stated my itinerary in it
- CAC
- hotel reservations + flight itinerary (only hotel was paid for, flight was not yet paid for)
- Health insurance
- complete application form

I don’t remember anything else for now

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
that means no avail date go to july or next month to check

pcoolioz:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Pushinglimits:
Sorry about your refusal. Even With your travel histories if the purpose of your trip is not clearly detailed Visa Officer will deny you visa on the ground that you did not justify the purpose of your trip.

Meanwhile, another mistake I spotted is at the bolded, you shouldn’t have mentioned visiting Spain on your application even if you plan to do so.

Don’t bother to appeal it takes forever, you can reapply with more detail information about your visit

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flavann: 6:43am On Apr 28, 2023
if you have good travel history I always advice people to apply to Italy, France are very stingy with Visa this days. with only Morocco and TURKEY Trip, Italy gave me, i was able to visit France and Switzerland with it. 5 years is too far to renew shengen Visa. always renew your visa at least a year after expiration. give it time and apply for Italy.

Pushinglimits:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by flavann: 7:02am On Apr 28, 2023
Think about it ooo, do you have anyone in France that promise you to come? was in France last month the place no easy ooo...

beckybabajide:
Good day fellow Nairalanders, i have been following this this thread for a while and honestly it has really opened my eyes more on my dreams to travel to France with my Family. I will like to start my application process and i want to use the DIY way. i want to travel with my Husband and two Kids to France with tourist visa and we don't intend coming back.

I am a Civil servant and Exco of a cooperative in my ministry, please I need advice on what and how i should go about my application as i don't want to any mistake.

I have been to India early this year and i really hope it will add to my traveling experience.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by josephb(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2023
Hi,

I often advise people to be careful japaing on tourist visas, it doesn’t worth it at all.

flavann:
Think about it ooo, do you have anyone in France that promise you to come? was in France last month the place no easy ooo...

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 2:52am On Apr 29, 2023
To those who had recent refusals, i advise you to appeal whilst you work on other options.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by CowbellY: 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pushinglimits:

This is incredible, I want to imagine that as parent of UK children and a spouse, you should qualify for residency in the UK and not a Visa. Also, did you attach your kids passport and Birth Certificate to show ties. It's incredulous but i also think they might have been put off by the "spain" trip

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
I always tell people. if you are going to spain, face spain. if you are going to france, face france. It helps, all these branch branch does not go well with VO's
CowbellY:

This is incredible, I want to imagine that as parent of UK children and a spouse, you should qualify for residency in the UK and not a Visa. Also, did you attach your kids passport and Birth Certificate to show ties. It's incredulous but i also think they might have been put off by the "spain" trip

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2023
pufframmy:
FOR ITALY RIGHT

hope u didnt use any forged document cause dey might returned it back to Alagbon

Lol

Especially with these Proof of Fund adverts flying around
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pcoolioz(m): 1:02pm On May 01, 2023
Hello All. Who knows how the TLS walk in appointment works? There is no way to pay for it on the site. Do I just go there? I’ve tried calling customer care but I’ve been on hold for hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Pushinglimits: 1:26pm On May 01, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Sorry about your refusal. I'm not sure what else you could have added based on the details below.

Could you list out each document submitted so others can comment and advise?

I attached:
-CAC documents
-Wife and Children’s U.K. passport copies
-Previous Visas to U.K. and France as well as current UK Visa
-Introduction letter with brief itinerary outlined not day to day
-Hotel and flight booking to france from London
-Resort and flight booking in Spain
-6 months bank statement over 5.5m opening and closing balance
-USD savings account with close to $20k
-Marriage certificate
-Children’s birth certificate
- Health insurance
- Complete application form in black and white
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Pushinglimits: 1:33pm On May 01, 2023
Restricted:

I think you should reapply to France with a more detailed itinerary with daily breakdown of what and what you will do each day in each country you are visiting. I will also STRONLY suggest you do a reservation of some events/activities for the family and prepay for some cheaper ones (you can always cancel them later anyways). See below for suggestions.......Good luck

My Planned Itinerary is as follows:

• May 5, 2023 – Flight from Lagos to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport via KL419
• May 6, 2023 – Champagne Cruise in Paris (Fully Paid ticket attached)
• May 7, 2023 – Eiffel Tower Summit (Reserved ticket attached)
• May 8, 2023 – Louvre Guided Tour (Fully Paid ticket attached)
• May 9, 2023 – Relax and watch Liverpool vs Chelsea football match and other matches
• May 10, 2023 – Day trip to DisneyLand
• May 11, 2023 - Cité des Sciences et de l'industrie (Fully Paid ticket attached)
• May 13, 2023 - Chateau de Versailles
• May 15, 2023 – Flight from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Lagos via AF419

Thank you, was also thinking of applying at Italy instead as someone suggested and work my trip around that, cause not trying to have these people come back with another refusal. Would it be advisable to mention that I’ll be visiting another country if I apply in in Italy? I initially mentioned that when I applied in France because I need the visa to be at least 3 weeks long, and need to justify my length of stay for tourism.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Pushinglimits: 1:39pm On May 01, 2023
HRprof:

Sorry about your refusal. Even With your travel histories if the purpose of your trip is not clearly detailed Visa Officer will deny you visa on the ground that you did not justify the purpose of your trip.

Meanwhile, another mistake I spotted is at the bolded, you shouldn’t have mentioned visiting Spain on your application even if you plan to do so.

Don’t bother to appeal it takes forever, you can reapply with more detail information about your visit

Ahh ok understood. Yeah I mentioned Spain because I’ll be traveling for almost three weeks and need to justify my trip, because a 3 week vacation in one country seems excessive I would think. My first Schengen visa was for like 3 weeks, it would seem they are pretty exact on dates when issuing them and didn’t want them to issue something for like a week based on my dates.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Pushinglimits: 1:41pm On May 01, 2023
flavann:
if you have good travel history I always advice people to apply to Italy, France are very stingy with Visa this days. with only Morocco and TURKEY Trip, Italy gave me, i was able to visit France and Switzerland with it. 5 years is too far to renew shengen Visa. always renew your visa at least a year after expiration. give it time and apply for Italy.

Thank you might take this route if appointment dates are available and not too far out.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Pushinglimits: 1:48pm On May 01, 2023
CowbellY:

Yes I do, my family is currently with me in Nigeria, but if we decide to relocate I’ll be able to do so. Being my wife also work here she’ll have to leave and relocate back to the U.K. whenever we start that process, myself as well. Yes I included both documents. I added the Spain trip to document the length of my stay, didn’t want these people to think I’m jobless spending close to three weeks in their country on tourism purposes.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by EstherOA: 2:06am On May 02, 2023
Hi, I'll like to apply to one of the schengen countries. Which of them isn't extremely stingy. Someone suggested ITALY. I'm not a first time traveler but first time for schengen.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Enishit: 2:50pm On May 02, 2023
CowbellY:

Lol. Nothing is wrong with your application

Hello everyone
MY TRANSCRIPT
I submitted my application on the 20th of April
Passport received at France embassy 25thth April (guess cos of the salah break)
Passport picked up by UPS 28th April
I got my passport this morning
30 days multiple Visa even though I requested for 180 days.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED-
International Passport 😀
Employement letter
Promotion letter
Introduction letter from my Employer as one of the director of the company and a coy document indicating me as one of the directors.
Office I.D
Business card
Marriage certificate
Bank statements ( Salary, day to day Acct, Dollar acct)
UK BRP as a dependent but I live in 9ja
Land Docs
Flight itinerary for 6months 😆😆
Insurance for 6 months🤣🤣
SOP- I just said I will be in France for 2days in May and will be traveling to the UK and state the reason I requested for 180days
Expired Visas- UK,US, France,Canada
Current Visas- UK,US,Canada
I added my car documents 😆😆
I like to put as much docs as I can make them pick wetin them like.

NB- I had issues with my form cos I filled a long stay form but one staff at the VFS checking my docs was kind enough to say I picked the wrong form. I was told I might not be able to submit I pleaded cos I travelled to lagos and going back not submitting will be disastrous. So mercy found me sha I had to do it all over again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by cucumbar: 12:15pm On May 03, 2023
Hello, I have one visa from a shengen country and one from an OECD country (Turkey) do I qualify as a frequent traveller?

The rule on TLS consult :
Frequent traveller: you have at least 2 visas issued by a Schengen country AND/OR UK, USA and other OECD countries during the last 4 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.