Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,114 members, 7,845,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (807054 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by trav(m): 11:03am On May 14
Greetings everyone,

I could use some assistance, please. I'm in the process of applying for a tourist visa to France, and I've just created an account to begin my application. However, I'm encountering an issue where the page is in French, and despite attempting to switch to English using the dropdown menu, it's not working. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, how did you manage to resolve it?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by donteebalo(m): 11:18am On May 14
trav:
Greetings everyone,

I could use some assistance, please. I'm in the process of applying for a tourist visa to France, and I've just created an account to begin my application. However, I'm encountering an issue where the page is in French, and despite attempting to switch to English using the dropdown menu, it's not working. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, how did you manage to resolve it?
Try a different browser
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ikebabay: 12:30pm On May 14
I have no idea. This was my first Schengen application.

Zoey1:
Non Nigerians have vowed Netherlands is the most generous of all Schengen but I don’t think so of Nigeria.
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ikebabay: 12:32pm On May 14
Visa issued. 3 months multiple entry. 30 days per stay. I was surprised to see a French sticker. I thought it would be Netherlands.

Blessedsteph:
Let us know when you pick up. Share details. Congratulations in advance
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Summerbutterfly: 12:55pm On May 14
Hello people,

I have tried to go through the thread but I’m getting conflicting answers.

Please which Schengen visa is the easiest to secure (in terms of required documents, and also approval)

Also, which Schengen country grants the longest visa.

Thank you all
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 1:37pm On May 14
Congratulations!

Ikebabay:
Visa issued. 3 months multiple entry. 30 days per stay. I was surprised to see a French sticker. I thought it would be Netherlands.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Marcgrace: 2:50pm On May 14
Hi @Ikebabay
Congrats !
Please would you mind sharing the list of supporting documents that you submitted ?
Thanks.

Ikebabay:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ikebabay: 3:33pm On May 14
Thank you!

Sure
- Cover letter with itinerary/reason for travel/summary of my travel history and how I intend to fund the trip
- Coloured photocopies of past visas, entry and exit stamps
- Hotel booking (booking.com with free cancellation. You need to add a card though and I added a USD card)
- Flight booking (Qatar Airways with 72 hours book and hold. I did not pay for the ticket)
- Travel Insurance from AXA Mansard (paid less than 5k for a 1 week duration)
- Account statements. I run a business so I submitted both personal and business statements. I asked the bank to print and they charged about N25 per page. One of the banks said they don't print so I had to print that myself.
- Bank reference letters stating how long I have had the account and that I am the sole signatory to the accounts. The reference letter costs roughly N600 per bank
- Coloured photocopies of business registration documents and printout of latest tax payment

Marcgrace:
Hi @Ikebabay
Congrats !
Please would you mind sharing the list of supporting documents that you submitted ?
Thanks.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 4:45pm On May 14
congratulations
Atleast with their visa you can go into the Netherlands as planned enjoy your visa bro

Ikebabay:
Sure
- Cover letter with itinerary/reason for travel/summary of my travel history and how I intend to fund the trip
- Hotel booking (booking.com with free cancellation. You need to add a card though and I added a USD card)
- Flight booking (Qatar Airways with 72 hours book and hold. I did not pay for the ticket)
- Account statements. I run a business so I submitted both personal and business statements. I asked the bank to print and they charged about N25 per page. One of the banks said they don't print so I had to print that myself.
- Bank reference letters stating how long I have had the account and that I am the sole signatory to the accounts. The reference letter costs roughly N600 per bank
- Coloured photocopies of business registration documents and printout of latest tax payment

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by delakesin08: 6:53pm On May 14
Hello people,
Good to be here. I have two questions to ask. Firstly, I filled my visa application on French page because i couldn't switch to English. I hope there is no issue answering in ENGLISH on French form? Secondly, while trying to book appointment on TLS Contact for a biometric, on a short stay 90 days-Tourism, there is another dropdown that shows "Tourism/Private visit (PRIMO) and "Tourism/Private visit (VISE). WHICH OF THESE TWO IS APPROPRATE VISA for someone who what to visit and tour France.
Thank you.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 7:18pm On May 14
Congratulations! Wow French sticker…where is your point of entry?
Ikebabay:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 8:42pm On May 14
Congratulations and that’s generous for a first, I must say.
You applied for Netherlands and got France?
Ikebabay:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ikebabay: 11:03pm On May 14
Thank you. Netherlands.

Blessedsteph:
Congratulations! Wow French sticker…where is your point of entry?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ikebabay: 11:10pm On May 14
Thank you. France processes Netherlands tourist visa applications in Nigeria. I applied through the French embassy (filled France forms and submitted at TLS) but Netherlands was on my form as my port of entry and all my flight/hotel bookings/itinerary were for Netherlands.

What I noticed is that even though it's a French sticker, under remarks on my visa, they wrote "R/NL" I discovered online that this remark indicates France issued on behalf of the Netherlands

Zoey1:
Congratulations and that’s generous for a first, I must say.
You applied for Netherlands and got France?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 8:43am On May 15
I know that, A friend used them as well for Lithuania and didn’t get for France.
There is a place to choose the country you are going to (France Metropolitan , Netherlands, Lithuania). maybe you didn’t check the drop down. The first time I saw it , I never knew there were other countries below as well.
Thats what I needed to clear.

Ikebabay:
Thank you. France processes Netherlands tourist visa applications in Nigeria. I applied through the French embassy (filled France forms and submitted at TLS) but Netherlands was on my form as my port of entry and all my flight/hotel bookings/itinerary were for Netherlands.

What I noticed is that even though it's a French sticker, under remarks on my visa, they wrote "R/NL" I discovered online that this remark indicates France issued on behalf of the Netherlands

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 9:11am On May 15
Goodmorning Guys,
Does anyone know how to cancel appointment scheduled with the TLS France VI office?
As there is no available phone attached to them.
All seen online aren’t going through.
Thank you.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by donteebalo(m): 9:28am On May 15
Zoey1:
Goodmorning Guys,
Does anyone know how to cancel appointment scheduled with the TLS France VI office?
Thank you.
Log into your TLS page, there should be an option where you can cancel/reschedule your appointment.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 9:33am On May 15
Thanks for your response.
There is nothing like cancel but it gave an option to reschedule.
And summary of appointment.
donteebalo:

Log into your TLS page, there should be an option where you can cancel/reschedule your appointment.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by PhilexOG: 11:06am On May 15
Thank you for this, and congratulations. Quick one, when you booked the hotel with free cancellation, were you charged for it ? Cause I did the same, and they seemed to be trying to charge my card and cancel the booking when they could not

Ikebabay:
Thank you!

Sure

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 12:25pm On May 15
Got in touch with TLS already.
Zoey1:
Goodmorning Guys,
Thank you.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 12:59pm On May 15
I did and the gentleman on the other end gave me an email address to send a message requesting for my passport back. I did and I got an auto response but nothing yet after 48 hrs.

abbeysm:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Faloh004: 2:48pm On May 15
Zoey1:
Got in touch with TLS already.
Hi Zoey1 pls can you add me to the Lithuania whatsapp group chat 08143829046.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by haywhy0007(m): 11:31pm On May 15
Hello everyone! Is anyone planning a trip to France this month? I'll be there for a week-long holiday and would love to connect with fellow Nairalanders who are either visiting or already in France, as I'm not very familiar with the country.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 8:47am On May 16
Congratulations , left right and center. We thank God for his doings.
I hope it continues, however we must understand that swearing is not allowed here when things go south.
I know my people for hia. lol

Make we all continue to have reason to laugh. Goodmorning all
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ikebabay: 10:53am On May 16
Oh. I definitely selected Netherlands. My form mentioned main destination country as Netherlands

Zoey1:
I know that, A friend used them as well for Lithuania and didn’t get for France.
There is a place to choose the country you are going to (France Metropolitan , Netherlands, Lithuania). maybe you didn’t check the drop down. The first time I saw it , I never knew there were other countries below as well.
Thats what I needed to clear.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ikebabay: 10:55am On May 16
Thank you.

No, I wasn't charged.

PhilexOG:
Thank you for this, and congratulations. Quick one, when you booked the hotel with free cancellation, were you charged for it ? Cause I did the same, and they seemed to be trying to charge my card and cancel the booking when they could not

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 11:06am On May 16
Thanks for the response.
Enjoy your holiday.
Ikebabay:
Oh. I definitely selected Netherlands. My form mentioned main destination country as Netherlands

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 11:18am On May 16
I guess this is one of the reasons first timers were having issues with France , Italy and some others recently.
Before applying for the next Schengen visa, please read this :
https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/schengen-area/temporary-reintroduction-border-control_en
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chigirl23401: 1:49pm On May 16
esdajo:
I did and the gentleman on the other end gave me an email address to send a message requesting for my passport back. I did and I got an auto response but nothing yet after 48 hrs.

I hope you have gotten your notification for collection because I have just gotten mine. It was 3 weeks yesterday
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by esdajo: 5:26pm On May 16
Not yet o! I called yesterday and TLS said my passport is still at the consulate. I hope your application was approved though. Please share the good news to encourage others.

Chigirl23401:
I hope you have gotten your notification for collection because I have just gotten mine. It was 3 weeks yesterday
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Mak16788: 11:29pm On May 16
I just got my passport today and 1 year multiple visa was issued and this is my first application

Ashirioluwa:

This is the truth about Schengen 1- or 3-year short-stay visitor visas.

Applicants don't ask for 1 or 3 years on their application, but they will be automatically granted if they meet the requirements for the 1- or 3-year visas.

Applicants who wish to get a 1 or 3-year visa must apply for a short "multiple" stay visa and meet the following requirements:

For the one-year visa, the applicant must have used three short-stay visas in the last two years and can provide proof of those visas and visits to the Schengen countries.

Also, to get the 3-year visa, the applicant must have previously used a one-year visa within the last two years.

3 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Ashirioluwa: 11:48pm On May 16
Mak16788:
I just got my passport today and 1 year multiple visa was issued and this is my first application

Great, and congratulations to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.