Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Drogba In Caf Trouble - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba In Caf Trouble (677 Views)

Drogba In Trouble Over Mandela Tribute / Drogba In Galatasaray - T.b. Joshua / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba In Caf Trouble by vikiviko(m): 11:04am On Feb 06, 2008
Didier Drogba says he does not wish to be considered for future African player of the year awards after Frederic Kanoute won the 2007 title

"I was told if I didn't appear the rules would change and the prize would go to the runner-up," he said.

"This attitude doesn't honour Africa so I've pulled out of future elections."

Caf spokesman Suleiman Habuba told BBC Sport that there was nothing sinister in Kanoute winning the accolade.

When asked directly if Caf had threatened Drogba that he would not win the award if he did not go to Lome, Habuba flatly denied the accusation.

He also denied Drogba was the rightful winner of the trophy.

"The Caf executive committee announced the winner, Frederic Kanoute, after the vote was counted," he said.

What the do you think?
Do you think he was striped of the award as he claims?
Re: Drogba In Caf Trouble by Razorr(f): 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2008
Post a link please.
Re: Drogba In Caf Trouble by RuuDie(m): 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2008
I 2nd that. . . . . . Even though i don't particularly like that arrogant CIV SOB, that caf spokesman's name sounds like smthng our ingenious YAHOOZEs fabricate daily!
Re: Drogba In Caf Trouble by Razorr(f): 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2008
Hahahahaha

I agree about the Yahooze bit but I take offense to your calling my very own darling an arrogant SOB.
Re: Drogba In Caf Trouble by RuuDie(m): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2008
No apologies, he is ARROGANT. . . . . . & he makes mo' shakara than he can play!
Re: Drogba In Caf Trouble by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2008
RuuDie:

No apologies, he is ARROGANT. . . . . . & he makes mo' shakara than he can play!
WORD!!

(1) (Reply)

The Bad Politics Of African Footballer Of The Year Award / Will There Ever Be An African Winner Of The World Cup? / Real Madrid Ready To Offer C Ronaldo 160,000 Pound A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.