Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Are There More Female Than Male Christians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There More Female Than Male Christians? (4975 Views)

Why Are Females More Susceptible To Anointing Than Male / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / In My Experience There Are Always More Female Than Male Christians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by goldng: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
Statistically, Women are more in number to men so ....
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
binger: @ bolded...pls elucidate with examples,am confused undecided
Women with children have much to gain from an institution like the church that supports the family, exalts the domestic role, offers support and companionship in the task of rearing and educating children, and, once children have left home, can find other caring roles for women to perform. In any case, women seem more inclined than men to join a community for the good of community and relationship alone, irrespective of any other roles or privileges that membership might bring.
It is also shown that the majority if early Christians were women, but that does not mean that these days it is still the same. There were so many christian women back than, because it was the first religion to treat them with equal respect

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by goofie: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
honeric01:
But you said logical, now it's discerning?
Well, i would say it has more to do with sentiments. when it comes to religion, it's harder to convince a man than a woman.

i dont seem to get u. i never said women r more logical.read thru my post again. i said women discern more while men r logicaal.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
larrymoore: like dancing azonto n singin hip hop 4 jesus. Bt nt al churches do dt

What has that got to do with what he meant. He meant CHRISTIANITY is lively... if your church ain't lively that's your church, mine is.

2 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
~vicky~:

Women with children have much to gain from an institution like the church that supports the family, exalts the domestic role, offers support and companionship in the task of rearing and educating children, and, once children have left home, can find other caring roles for women to perform. In any case, women seem more inclined than men to join a community for the good of community and relationship alone, irrespective of any other roles or privileges that membership might bring.
It is also shown that the majority if early Christians were women, but that does not mean that these days it is still the same. There were so many christian women back than, because it was the first religion to treat them with equal respect
True talk and very good points...am cleared now.thanks

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
more female population and yes more female Christians.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by odehaj: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
Women should try harder like this!

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
OkwaIfugo: more female population and yes more female Christians.
Nah in Nigeria,there are more males than females...you can google it
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by begwong: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
CallmePROF: There are more female christian than male. It's even surprising that some female muslims has turn to christians 'cos they tag islamic prayer as "punishment". They prefer dancing and clapping in church. Also, females are more religious than male....
saying 5 same prayers daily for like forever.Damn!

2 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
CallmePROF: but most of them don't know that. It's so ironical!. I've seen a lady wearing bumper short and backless to church. Can we say that kind of lady is going to church to worship.
Doesn't she have freedom again? Should the pastor use cutlass and chase “indecent dressers“? In Christianity, we believe God works in people over time. God isn't through with her yet, but loves her the way she is. The main question is, Didn't you lust after her? Didn't you like her? Yes, she is going to the church to worship. the church isn't a mosque or a monastry where members after doing all manners, cover up their sins and ACT saintly. Jesus came for sinners, not for righteous ones or hypocrites who believe they have it all together... Thank God for Jesus. IF MEN WERE GOD!!!

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by honeric01(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
goofie:

i dont seem to get u. i never said women r more logical.read thru my post again. i said women discern more while men r logicaal.

Oh yes, you're right, missed that part. all in all, it takes a logical person not to be easily swayed and this explains why men tend not to go to church in numbers like women who are more religious than being spiritual.

religious = fulfilling all righteousness
Spiritual = connecting to the maker in personal terms.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
[quote author=tintingz]see how funny you are grin . . .what punishment did Islamic prayer do to women? its even more relaxing and connecting to GOD than women dancing azonto and itigeh shaking their bum bum like stripe dancers and sweating in the house of your lord? abeg dont make muslim women stripe dance in your church like whorres angry
[/quot
You wished you guys had the privilege of dancing to God... I see! We have such privileges. We pray as we want. They aren't whores... you just admire them thats all, and perhaps they turn you down... Christian girls that you term “LovePeddler“ are the ones calling the shot in most countries, in entertainment, fashion, power, sports, football, name them. Mind your tongue, lad!
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by tintingz(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
begwong:
thats only on earth. . .buh dancing and clapping in heaven non-stop another season 2 of earthly dancing. . .jeeez!

2 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by jpphilips(m): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
who wants to part with his hard earned money anyways, most women are being provided for.
most women don't work for their money, as such, they are in a hurry to throw the damn thing to any good looking, sweet talking pastor.the money stops coming as soon as her hopes for a husband is dashed, they quit for another con man.
most women attend an average of 8 churches in a decade, damn!!!
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
nomsochris: nah she s going to buggie down nd set the dance floor on fire. Some churches aren't different from clubs if you ask me
you're right bro. By their seed we shall know them!.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by goofie: 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
honeric01:

Oh yes, you're right, missed that part. all in all, it takes a logical person not to be easily swayed and this explains why men tend not to go to church in numbers like women who are more religious than being spiritual.

religious = fulfilling all righteousness
Spiritual = connecting to the maker in personal terms.

dts why i said women r more in tune with their feelings and tend to be discerning and cn easily connect to God without being logical.

some r religious bt dts a diff case
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by tintingz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith: You wished you guys had the
privilege of dancing to God... I see!
We have such privileges. We pray
as we want. They aren't whores...
you just admire them thats all, and
perhaps they turn you down...
Christian girls that you term
“LovePeddler“ are the ones calling
the shot in most countries, in
entertainment, fashion, power,
sports, football, name them. Mind
your tongue, lad!
dude dancing and claping is not the way Jesus use to connect to GOD i didnt even read where Mary danced in the bible. . .how those it look seeing gals dancing their bum bum out in the house of your lord? juss like in the club seeing whorres dancing. . .i cant even imagine that happening in the mosque naah!
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
begwong:
although it's not easy. But if they do it constantly, it will become part of them.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Oahray: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
Its simply because women are more religious that men. That isnt unrelated to the fact that they r more emotional and less logical than men. Emotions like fear of the unknown drives one to look for a refuge. Some women are also obsessed with their search for husbands or fruits of the womb.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by SELFWORTH: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith: Your guess is right... Watching your thread carefully before it leads to insults on the Church. Because that is all we ever see on NL. Its like the owners have a clue that issues concerning church always produce a lot of comments... It is well sha!

Exactly my thoughts. There are a lot if Christian haters on NL and that's all you attract with these kind of threads. You end up arguing with People who don't know anything about Christianity, the bible or God. Its frustrating. Genuine believers should avoid this kind of thread on future.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by SELFWORTH: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
binger: Nah in Nigeria,there are more males than females...you can google it

Interesting. I thought they said there were 5 women to 1 man in Nigeria.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
tintingz: see how funny you are grin . . .what punishment did Islamic prayer do to women? its even more relaxing and connecting to GOD than women dancing azonto and itigeh shaking their bum bum like stripe dancers and sweating in the house of your lord? abeg dont make muslim women stripe dance in your church like whorres angry
You're right bro. I think their main problem was that "they've lose focus, and they don't know what they're looking for!". Anytime i observe my prayers, i feel relaxed. Maybe all they need was someone to put them back on the track!....
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
Born 2be Rich: What kind of question is this OP..Come up with something chanllenging not this crap(sorry to say)..No be your fault na seun me i blame....

Very soon you go they ask if there are more goats than cows..Mcheewwwww

shut the fuckup,you dis Bloody Bastard Cretin....Slowpoke,i think u reason from ur Anus!
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Only one female comment ? I see..explains alot
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:
Doesn't she have freedom again? Should the pastor use cutlass and chase “indecent dressers“? In Christianity, we believe God works in people over time. God isn't through with her yet, but loves her the way she is. The main question is, Didn't you lust after her? Didn't you like her? Yes, she is going to the church to worship. the church isn't a mosque or a monastry where members after doing all manners, cover up their sins and ACT saintly. Jesus came for sinners, not for righteous ones or hypocrites who believe they have it all together... Thank God for Jesus. IF MEN WERE GOD!!!
Lust after her?? Like her NEVER!!!. YOU & I ARE DIFFERENT!. I'D RATHER DIP PIN INSIDE MY EYEZ. AND BESIDE, I'M A MUSLIM. I LUV DESCENTLY DRESSED MUSLIM LADIES, RATHER THAN A LADY THAT ALL HER PRIVATE PARTS HAS BECOME A PUBLIC PART!....

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nuezha(m): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
SUNDAY MORNING IN CHURCH
Pastor: bless you Mommy Tolu
Mommy Tolu: bless you Daddy Morning sir
Pastor: where's Daddy (Mommy Tolu's husby)?
Mommy Tolu: He's at home
Pastor: ...joining us later?
Mommy Tolu: Daddy it it well oooo...

Most men, married or single, don't want to go to church; the offerings, pledges, vows, seeds etc scare some, others are bored.

Many still struggle to understand this faith thing and many more are all out to frustrate their churchy wives.

Others are free-thinkers, fun-seekers and trasure-hunters.

Lastly, a quantom proportion of those men we see in churches are 'EUTICHUSes'

God help us all!
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by honeric01(m): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
goofie:

dts why i said women r more in tune with their feelings and tend to be discerning and cn easily connect to God without being logical.

some r religious bt dts a diff case

This is confusing. mind elaborating on the "connecting to God aspect and without being logical?" don't you think you can only connect to what you understand perfectly well and to understand something perfectly, you must be logical?

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by goofie: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
honeric01:

This is confusing. mind elaborating on the "connecting to God aspect and without being logical?" don't you think you can only connect to what you understand perfectly well and to understand something perfectly, you must be logical?

i mean by not questioning everything and trying to analyse His ways or how He plans to carry out His plans

by jst yielding urself to Him without having doubts in ur mind.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by honeric01(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
goofie:

i mean by not questioning everything and trying to analyse His ways or how He plans to carry out His plans

by jst yielding urself to Him without having doubts in ur mind.

Hmmmmm ok...
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Telez(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
no
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by tintingz(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
emusmith:
going to church nake.d is good for women? owkay i see why churchs is no difference with clubs...
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by greatgod2012(f): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
From my own point of view, i think women think they have more problems than men whereas, its not always like dt, there are some problems dt just require action, logic or wisdom application, while men are using all this approach,to solve d problems, some women will prefer to go to church to seek spiritual approach to such problem, may God help us.

Some women are so gullible, sorry to d womenfolks o, dts just d fact, and btw, im also a woman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas Carol Night Service Live On Emmanuel TV / Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free / The Garden Of Eden Is In This EXACT Location. Secrets Declassified.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.