Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,663 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? (855 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Declares 2016 A Year Of Spreading / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Do Not Make The Father Yahweh Redundant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by illicit(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2012
According to the bible, jesus told his followers to spread the gospel to the 4 corners of the world( probably the then known world) anyway that's just by the way, he meant the true gospel, the morals, the doctrine not just christaintity as a name or an enterprise.
Nowadays if we take a critical look at the present set of xtians - denomination notwithstanding- personally I thinl xtianity has lost its moral, values, glory as well as its purpose, seriously it has gone offcourse and rapidly declining.
Churches have abandoned or switched doctrines to suit particular climes and time( whichever is relevant to their course of money making, thsy claim to win souls in millions, souls which u and I know don't really believe in true spirituality, they are just victims of one problem or another and so are readily ready to accept and follow the easiest way out, it is very common to see people joining a newly established ministry today (new churches are always hot and power packed, they boast of miracles and wonders) but its is unusual to see the same church losing folds of sheep overtime cos the congregation thinks there's been a power seizure, or a member who has been prominent and attentive suddenly loses faith or focus cos his problem hasn't been solved or just disilussioned will walk out the door takin so many others along, sooner or later he or she will have a new ministry to rival or challenge the former.
It might be slow but steadily this religion is decaying, its not in any ways gaining souls - not in. The real sense of the word- as not everyone who goes to church are really christains(redeeemed souls) in the good sense of it, there's a big difference between being a church goer and being a christain.
Christainity might be so popular or gaining more audience- just for the name- but not for the morality, ethics or doctrines these are almost extinct.
Nowadays pastors rarely preach about the purported paradise in heaven they are more concerned with beeing comfortable and wealthy here - to create a paradise on earth- which in anyway won't last long, Jesus had clearly warned against amassing wealth here, he asked beleivers to struggle for a room in his fathers house above.
Christainity is as popular as Coca Cola( worlds most popular brand) but as it is not everyone drinks it likewise the late michael jackson, also not everyone is a fan of is but they know him and knows he's an entertainer, that is a good point about christianity too, it might be known in almost all the world over and gaining ground in unusual areas but I want u to know that not everyone who embraces it truly beleives it or any of its teachings.
So if you don't quite agree with me, come to think of this, is christianity spreading inthe sense of gatheering more members or winning more souls and preparing them for heaven?
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by teniyi(m): 11:04am On Nov 18, 2012
Christianity is winning souls BUT in the poor nations (including Nigeria and other African Countries).
It is also loosing its grips very fast in the developed world
. The world where there are lesser crying for witches, failure in school, difficult education, artificial disasters, unemployment, finance problem in marriage, insecurity etc.
The overall effect is that its DECLINING.

1 Like

Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by illicit(m): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
^^You are ryt, I forsee sooner or later christainity will probably become extinct cos its fast losing its relevance likewise many other religions too
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by illicit(m): 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
^^You are ryt, I forsee sooner or later christainity will probably become extinct cos its fast losing its relevance likewise many other religions too
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by kandiikane(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
illicit: ^^You are ryt, I forsee sooner or later christainity will probably become extinct cos its fast losing its relevance likewise many other religions too

They always do and they all end up being myths. Probably in a few hundred years, there will be new ones.

1 Like

Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by illicit(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
Your ryt, but sincerely do u really think human hood need a religion? Which is better, humanism or religion which ofcourse has not been helping, it only adds to human suffering.
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by Callotti: 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
Declining.
Since more people are coming to the FACTUAL realization that Christianity is a hoax! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by jcross19: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
teniyi: Christianity is winning souls BUT in the poor nations (including Nigeria and other African Countries).
It is also loosing its grips very fast in the developed world
. The world where there are lesser crying for witches, failure in school, difficult education, artificial disasters, unemployment, finance problem in marriage, insecurity etc.
The overall effect is that its DECLINING.
christianity does not need to increases or decline but the message must be all over the places okay check the data of churches USA as far 4 years ago and compare it to today data you will find it that there are more churches in every corner , even in iran. saudi arabi , you will find church so tell me are they disappearing or what?
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by DukeNija(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
What sort of foolish thread is this??
Christianity declining?
Are you freaking out of your mind?

Your questions to yourself Shhould be 'Do I know God, Does he know me?'
'Are the people around me Christians?'
'Do I believe in Jesus'?

Christianity has reached heights like never before.
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by illicit(m): 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
jcross19: christianity does not need to increases or decline but the message must be all over the places okay check the data of churches USA as far 4 years ago and compare it to today data you will find it that there are more churches in every corner , even in iran. saudi arabi , you will find church so tell me are they disappearing or what?
Are dey in those corners to win souls for heaven or to make money, or probably just there juat for the sake of being there.
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by illicit(m): 11:09pm On Nov 18, 2012
Duke_Nija: What sort of foolish thread is this??
Christianity declining?

'Do I believe in Jesus'?
Bro appearance can be deceptive, having churches everywhere is not the issue, let's look inside are dey getting better or are they losing focus?

Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by Heatblast(m): 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
its definately declining in developed countries, it's also evolving too.

1 Like

Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by AtheistD(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2012
illicit: Your ryt, but sincerely do u really think human hood need a religion? Which is better, humanism or religion which ofcourse has not been helping, it only adds to human suffering.

I dont think we have much choice. There will always be a religion. What would be preferrable is a religion that does not enslave, is hard to corrupt, and brings out the best in ppl... aka a non-abrahamic faiths

1 Like

Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by Delafruita(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2012
Duke_Nija: What sort of foolish thread is this??
Christianity declining?

'Do I believe in Jesus'?

christianity has indeed reached new heights.the height where pastors are now the choice customers of italian suit designers and producers of private jets

1 Like

Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by illicit(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
Atheist:-D:

I dont think we have much choice. There will always be a religion. What would be preferrable is a religion that does not enslave, is hard to corrupt, and brings out the best in ppl... aka a non-abrahamic faiths
Ryt bro but I don't think I need any religion to knw wats good from bad, many bad things were done by d biblical believers and nowadays believers chose to ignore it... I don't believe in anytin dat can't be seen or proved beyond doubt, I believe in my fellow human beings who can either do good or bad, what we need is consciousness
Re: Is Christainity Spreading/winning More Souls/ Declining Or Just Redundant? by Heatblast(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
illicit:
Ryt bro but I don't think I need any religion to knw wats good from bad, many bad things were done by d biblical believers and nowadays believers chose to ignore it... I don't believe in anytin dat can't be seen or proved beyond doubt, I believe in my fellow human beings who can either do good or bad, what we need is consciousness

(1) (Reply)

Chasing The Beast. / Deeper Life And Television / Who Can This Pastor Be Referring To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.