Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,873 members, 7,848,546 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (167042 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
agabaI23:
@Scantee
Happy new year.
I have a cousin looking for a 6 month IT position. Course: Petroleum Engineering
Can you help please? Make the new year fabulous for someone!
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Wishing u all the best my brother, ah i would have loved to help but must coys here only accepts one year IT students, if i may ask where is your cousins location?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by agabaI23(m): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
scantee:
Wishing u all the best my brother, ah i would have loved to help but must coys here only accepts one year IT students, if i may ask where is your cousins location?
Futo
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by maxy097(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2015
scantee:

Noted. I will update the thread once they commence employment, probably early 2015.

Sorry have you done any HSE training before?

I haven't done any before, which one would be advisable.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
maxy097:

I haven't done any before, which one would be advisable.

Are you in PH? so i can recommend you where to go because they are accredited by the major oil coy.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by maxy097(m): 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
scantee:

Are you in PH? so i can recommend you where to go because they are accredited by the major oil coy.
I am in Lagos , I work in Lagos. Can we talk via email or bbm pls. I want you to guide me.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:06am On Jan 11, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2063427/nairaland-contractors-lounge/5#29689901

You guys come join this thread is informative and Educating.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:07am On Jan 11, 2015
maxy097:

I am in Lagos , I work in Lagos. Can we talk via email or bbm pls. I want you to guide me.

Send me a PM
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2015
I asked this in the offshore thread, want to get more input

pls for someone who is E&I seeking to diversify as a project engineer or Qa/Qc position.

how relevant is the following to him

API 510, 570, 653 certifications
ASNT NDT certifications
Qms:lead auditor
Nace certification

CC:scantee
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kingdave1: 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
scantee:
Hello guys happy weekend to you all.

a subsidiary of NLNG, NSML, "NLNG ship Manning Limited" in charge of exporting gas will soon start recruiting for able seamen

I will update you guys ones the recruitment starts, those interested with a required qualifications can apply.
Hi scantee, you've done a great thing by creating this thread. I am a graduate of Chemical Eng with HSE and would love to know the possibility of me getting into the oil&gas sector... Even if itz based on contract in order to gain experience.Your response would be highly appreciated
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
kingdave1:

Hi scantee, you've done a great thing by creating this thread. I am a graduate of Chemical Eng with HSE and would love to know the possibility of me getting into the oil&gas sector... Even if itz based on contract in order to gain experience.Your response would be highly appreciated

I will reply you how to go about it, where do you base?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
Please my lovely people support me in this campaing by voting my younger sister in this contest. Just like the page and like her picture and comment to validate the vote.
I promise to repay u all back with explosive and indepth informations

https://m.facebook.com/497678443665501/photos/pcb.594331027333575/594330964000248/?type=1&source=49
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Liadi2(m): 12:07am On Jan 13, 2015
Bros am a corp member serving in rivers state I was posted to onelga, Where agip oil company is located although I was posted to school but I need ur help I study electrical and electronics, electronics and Telecom as option pls can u send me ur mail and mobile no to dis mail biodunayodele68@gmail.com I want to make enquiry about somethings from u thanks a lot.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mikkymax20(m): 8:59am On Jan 13, 2015
Pls brother am a graduate of University of Ilorin, B.Sc Mathematics with 2:2 grade and I just completed my NYSC. I also did HSE 1,2 & 3 from Millenium training institute (MITA). I don't mind working as a contract staff just to gather experience and pursue my career goal in the Oil & gas coy. Am presently in Lagos, Pls reach me on my mail atmike001@gmail.com

Thanks God bless u
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kingdave1: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
scantee:

I will reply you how to gone about it, where do you base?
am currently based at benin city. I can on reached thru mail on kdabello@gmail.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by gonkin(m): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
So scantee why is it that O&G companies barely call for interview these days?
while i was serving in anambra state Sahara Group and Halliburton called me but i was too busy serving a country that doesnt care about me.

Now i have finished serving since October 2014. Till date i have only received 1 invitation and it was even for graduates from hosting communities. Not online submission. I submitted my CV directly. 9 were called 1 was taken. That was november 2014. Since then GNLD people wan kill my phone with text message about job invitation, i receive at least 2/day. Also several scam messages from Shell, Nnpc, Chevron and Seplat. i can easily identify scam messages because of my experience at administration.

My point is that why dont they O&G call any more. I have submitted my CV to almost every known firm. I am online 20hours every day. So as soon as the ad comes i am usually the first to see it. Is my Cv not good enough. Or do i just have the wrong qualification. Please help me check it and give a feed back. Thank You

Gonkins@gmail.com (419 no try me because una dey waste una time. My eye dey red find another maga and dont abuse my email address.)
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
gonkin:
So scantee why is it that O&G companies barely call for interview these days?
while i was serving in anambra state Sahara Group and Halliburton called me but i was too busy serving a country that doesnt care about me.

Now i have finished serving since October 2014. Till date i have only received 1 invitation and it was even for graduates from hosting communities. Not online submission. I submitted my CV directly. 9 were called 1 was taken. That was november 2014. Since then GNLD people wan kill my phone with text message about job invitation, i receive at least 2/day. Also several scam messages from Shell, Nnpc, Chevron and Seplat. i can easily identify scam messages because of my experience at administration.

My point is that why dont they O&G call any more. I have submitted my CV to almost every known firm. I am online 20hours every day. So as soon as the ad comes i am usually the first to see it. Is my Cv not good enough. Or do i just have the wrong qualification. Please help me check it and give a feed back. Thank You

Gonkins@gmail.com (419 no try me because una dey waste una time. My eye dey red find another maga and dont abuse my email address.)

Note this, to secure oil and gas job, the test and interviews takes a long process,at times months/years, for example i was with Adax in 2004 when i apply for a job in NLNG, it took them two good years to invite me for interview which was done around 2006, you see most of the companies advertise positions that is not for immediate employment, is either they are hoping on expansion and they will start inviting applicants for various positions or they are about to start a new train project which might still take up to a year plus before commencement, at times they might be planing on sacking some of their staff and looking for replacement while still watching on them looking on something tangible to hold unto before sacking them, because they cant easily sack them due to huge sum attached to their insurance cover/payoff and workman compensations.

one thing you must know is that your application or data is fully stored in their database irrespective of the duration, whenever they are ready for invitations the search will be done using wildcard (expansion search) that is why is good to tailor your cv very well so that during such search a keyword in your cv can help your cv appear at top of the list of other applications.

Your CV?

well i am not a HR all i can add to it is the following:

a. remove your date of birth (year) just put the month and day, when they invites you for an interview you can answer that there, then your look might be of advantage to you then irrespective of your age.

b. No company cares about where you work, they only cares about what you achieved where you worked before, so try to explain more in your cv those achievements and accomplishments you made where you work, detail out your most valuable skills.

some HR in the house can help you on that though.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by gonkin(m): 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thanks about the D.O.B year, finally i have a solid confirmation to remove my birth year,
Also 2 yrs for a calling, na wa that means their data base will be full of thousands if not millions.
250, 000 graduates complete nysc every 3 months and in a year there can be 1.75 million. so imagine 1.7 million graduates in adexen's database every year.

If i were to explain my achievements in my CV, its gonna climb to 3 pages. But good point. I will do that right away.

Sir Scantee, there is another problem. Not all Hr have time to read a long story in a CV, so will a simple sentence do?

Thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
gonkin:
Thanks about the D.O.B year, finally i have a solid confirmation to remove my birth year,
Also 2 yrs for a calling, na wa that means their data base will be full of thousands if not millions.
250, 000 graduates complete nysc every 3 months and in a year there can be 1.75 million. so imagine 1.7 million graduates in adexen's database every year.

If i were to explain my achievements in my CV, its gonna climb to 3 pages. But good point. I will do that right away.

Sir Scantee, there is another problem. Not all Hr have time to read a long story in a CV, so will a simple sentence do?

Thank you.

your right, every good cv should not be more than two pages, you dont really need to explain whole lots about your career, just the key point of your achievement is ok.

you know as i said before, some of those companies believe they can offer you better than whatever your currently earning assuming you have started working somewhere, so they really dont care about it, they believe you must respond anytime your being called for interview or to start work with them.

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by gonkin(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Scantee i have done it, still 2 pages. tell me if its good enough. though i will only upload the 2nd page its the one with most changes.

Never thought of it but u are right, they dont care where u work or worked they only care about what u achieved working. Duties and all.

Lets see if i will get a fish before january ends.

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
scantee:

My Oga, still awaiting your input
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kkoffo(m): 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
scantee pls kindly send me the HSE materials too.adebayokofoworola@gmail.com
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Scantee does not work in the oil and gas sector. Check his previous topics he is known for raising topics that draw attention and even fraudulent so that ladies can notice him. I must commend him though for really studying much about how the oil and gas industry works to give the little info he gives he has never worked in shell, total, mobil, addax, agip, seplat, sepatro, chevron, nlng, or even in any oil servicing company such as seadrill, baker huges, transocean, halliburton, slumberger, pacific ocean, siapem etc he does this to give himself some sense of worth....My advise to viewers and readers learn from what he has to say but mind you he is as desperate as you are.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sexyqueen2:
Scantee does not work in the oil and gas sector. Check his previous topics he is known for raising topics that draw attention and even fraudulent so that ladies can notice him. I must commend him though for really studying much about how the oil and gas industry works to give the little info he gives he has never worked in shell, total, mobil, addax, agip, seplat, sepatro, chevron, nlng, or even in any oil servicing company such as seadrill, baker huges, transocean, halliburton, slumberger, pacific ocean, siapem etc he does this to give himself some sense of worth....My advise to viewers and readers learn from what he has to say but mind you he is as desperate as you are.

Try again thanks.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sexyqueen2:

Well nothing you will say that will stop me from contributing and helping people out in my own way

let the people I ever duped or give wrong info come out and say it, I registered on NAIRALAND since 2006, I lost the email password, I opened this account since 2008, so you mean after close to 7 years no record of me duping anybody? joke of the century.

check Contractors thread am still contributing even given out free docs still I never asked anybody to give a dime while.

well I don't have your time, but if really you care to know my office come to 22/23 free man tower marina lagos I will gladly host you, then come back and tell the forum.

smh
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by vickers95(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
agabaI23:
Happy new year.
I have a cousin looking for a 6 month IT position. Course: Petroleum Engineering
Please help if you can. Make the new year fabulous for someone
Thanks in advance
Cheers

I'm in the same shoes. Petroleum engineering at Federal Uni of Petroleum Engineering, delta
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by gonkin(m): 12:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Sexyqueen2:

I dont know who you are, and i dont care if your allegations against scantee are true or false, but from what i have been reading here, scantee has motivated me. he is giving me an inside view of what it feels like to be a coy. I think it would be better of if you contributed to this forum. even if scantee is a scam, he is like ROBINHOOD. A form of hope. So SEXLESSQUEEN, add your own contribution or depart yourself from this forum. Thank you
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:15am On Jan 19, 2015
gonkin:

I dont know who you are, and i dont care if your allegations against scantee are true or false, but from what i have been reading here, scantee has motivated me. he is giving me an inside view of what it feels like to be a coy. I think it would be better of if you contributed to this forum. even if scantee is a scam, he is like ROBINHOOD. A form of hope. So SEXLESSQUEEN, add your own contribution or depart yourself from this forum. Thank you

I think that lady better be ignored, I am use to their likes....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:18am On Jan 19, 2015
kkoffo:
scantee pls kindly send me the HSE materials too.adebayokofoworola@gmail.com

pls do make ur request at the right thread Contractors Lounge.

I will see to that.

thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by EgusiSoup: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2015
Please I need help in securing a role in any service company anyone can link me to. Money is not really my concern, I will be willing to even work without pay, at least to gather experience.

I am a Drilling Engineer with relevant experience both in an out of Nigeria and also possess an IADC Well Control Certificate.

Please professionals and gurus In the house I need your help, will be glad to forward my CV.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
EgusiSoup:
Please I need help in securing a role in any service company anyone can link me to. Money is not really my concern, I will be willing to even work without pay, at least to gather experience.

I am a Drilling Engineer with relevant experience both in an out of Nigeria and also possess an IADC Well Control Certificate.

Please professionals and gurus In the house I need your help, will be glad to forward my CV.
are you sure you experienced? if you really are..... you should not have a prob securing a position

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by EgusiSoup: 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
majekdom2:
are you sure you experienced? if you really are..... you should not have a prob securing a position

I'm trying to get something but bureaucracy exists in most of these servicing coys.

Nigerian factor.

Will appreciate your help and advice if it's simple with you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by sunzie(m): 5:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please Scantee..
I have posted this earlier, please advice me on the next step to step.
I am having HND in electrical electronics and Shell Intensive Training Programme/2(SITP/2) Certificate.
I just want to know what chance do I have in the oil and gas and how to go about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.