Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166492 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 06, 2015
scantee:
ya thankz a lot bro, have spoken to her for few times now, even the bros death affected our plans with her, jst given her some space now to get over things first. Hope ur ok, stil keep hope alive God de
@ scantee;knowing fully well that am not in her good books,regardless of losing that job chance....am thinking of sending her a text msg as a way of showing my sympathy....'only @ ur permission'
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 5:08pm On May 06, 2015
IHate9ja1:

@ scantee;knowing fully well that am not in her good books,regardless of losing that job chance....am thinking of sending her a text msg as a way of showing my sympathy....'only @ ur permission'

No don't call her.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 06, 2015
scantee:

No don't call her.
Ok
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 08, 2015
@ scantee;bawo ni? Its friday,where the pariii dey?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2015
IHate9ja1:
@ scantee;bawo ni?
Its friday,where the pariii dey?
lol sup paddy mi, will soon get back to the thread, currently fixed now, hope ur end de kul?

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 7:49am On May 11, 2015
scantee:
lol sup paddy mi, will soon get back to the thread, currently fixed now, hope ur end de kul?
Am good boss
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by rocoh(m): 3:03pm On May 11, 2015
PLEASE I NEED CLARIFICATIONS. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WANTS TO STUDY MSC PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE IN CENTRE OF PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE IN THE INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES (IPS) IN UNIPORT. PLEASE HE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE COST IMPLICATIONS , THE CONTENT OF THE TEST HE WILL DO TO GAIN ADMISSION AND ALSO HIS PROSPECTS FOR EMPLOYMENT ON GRADUATION. THANK YOU ALL.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Adesolomon2014(m): 3:56pm On May 11, 2015
Hello, my name is Solomon..
Am an intending corper waiting to serve around june 2(Batch A 2nd Stream). I was posted to Akwa-Ibom for my youth service. Akwa-Ibom being a part hub of oil resources in South Nigeria is a good place to be especially for me but the main problem i am having is the issue of finding a reputable firm/company for my place of primary assignment. I intend to further my education in University of Aberdeen studying a petroleum course(Petroleum Energy Economics & Finance) in Aberdeen, UK.
I think serving in an oil & gas firm will go a long way in boosting my chance of being admitted because; Firstly, It will give me an insight on how the petroleum sector looks and work like, Secondly, After serving in an petroleum firm, The complexity of the course workload will just be an added advantage etc.Though i still intend to come back after my MSc abroad...
My plea is to find someone who can link me up with oil firm/coys that can accept my proposal to join their company in good faith and trust me money is not my primary motive but experience and expertise. Thanks as i anticipate the help i need.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Ejisz: 10:59pm On May 11, 2015
Hello @scantee
Firstly I will start by stating that I am a bit
confused right now as I am about rounding up my
B.sc programme ( NOUN).
So my brother. I ask for reasonable advice on the
right career part to choose from. I had to go
through part-time for financial reasons. Being
that I was solely responsible for my financial
expenses in school. So I had to multi-task.
I am rounding up my b.sc this year ending but
NYSC is out of the question cos I can't serve cos
I did part-time. So now I am hoping to get an
exclusion certificate from NYSC.
The main reason I brought my palava on here is
cos I am pretty confused. I don't know what else
to do and how best to build a good CV and skills
for myself in other for employment to be less
stressful for me (in the oil and gas field). I gained no practical skill during the course of my schooling so I am not skilled as I speak.
I need advice on what and what to do and I also
like to know if I am employeable with just my
b.sc (in any department of the oil and had sector).
Thanks guys.
I am willing to answer any question that might
arise regarding this post.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by donmatin(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2015
I think to gain admission u must be 2:1 student,go pick the form,get strong referees,for cost implication,u shud spend between 3-7million,employment status is granted once you finish tops bcus total are the owners of ips and they do everything to industry standard.any company will rush you.
rocoh:
PLEASE I NEED CLARIFICATIONS. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WANTS TO STUDY MSC PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE IN CENTRE OF PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE IN THE INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES (IPS) IN UNIPORT. PLEASE HE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE COST IMPLICATIONS , THE CONTENT OF THE TEST HE WILL DO TO GAIN ADMISSION AND ALSO HIS PROSPECTS FOR EMPLOYMENT ON GRADUATION. THANK YOU ALL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by rocoh(m): 6:31am On May 12, 2015
donmatin:
I think to gain admission u must be 2:1 student,go pick the form,get strong referees,for cost implication,u shud spend between 3-7million,employment status is granted once you finish tops bcus total are the owners of ips and they do everything to industry standard.any company will rush you.

Thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2015
donmatin:
well said.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 12, 2015
@ donmatin and switlife,how you both doing?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Switlife: 3:32pm On May 12, 2015
IHate9ja1:
@ donmatin and switlife,how you both doing?

My brother I'm great. God has been faithful. How's your end?
Warm greetings.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by rocoh(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2015
THANK YOU ALL. PLEASE FOR ADMISSIONS INTO THE CENTRE FOR PETROLEUM GOEOSCIENCE UNDER IPS IN UNIPORT YOU NEED TO WRITE AN APTITUDE TEST. PLEASE MY FRIEND WILL LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE TEST IS LIKE?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 12, 2015
Switlife:

My brother I'm great. God has been faithful. How's your end? Warm greetings.
Am ball'n little by little,did you finally go to bonny ?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 12, 2015
VERIFICATION OF NYSC CERTIFICATE

COLLECTION / REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION

COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF NYSC CERTIFICATE OF NATIONAL SERVICE

solve all NYSC problems

ISSUANCE OF NYSC TEMPORARY LETTER OF EXCLUSION

RESOLVE ERRORS IN NYSC CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION LETTER/CERTIFICATE

Apply for NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE

SOLVE NYSC REGISTRATION PROBLEMS CALL +2348136384606
NYSC POSTING

Registration Of Nigerian Foreign-Trained Graduates

Apply for Relocation

GET POSTED TO A NIGERIAN STATE OF YOUR CHOICE FOR NYSC SERVICE call +2348136384606

NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) ----- call +2348136384606
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by rocoh(m): 3:28pm On May 13, 2015
davide470:
So guys, i got this mail from someone in Total. You can register for it and make that Oyel&Gas dream a bit clearer.. wink

IFP (a Total Group School partner) is offering a free online course on Oil & Gas, with modules ranging from exploration to distribution.

Amongst the objectives, participants would also
· Understand the economies of the Oil / Gas Chain price formation and cost structure
· Understand present and future challenges facing the Oil & Gas Industry

Duration: The access is open from May 11 to June 5.

For more information, please see the link http://mooc.oil-and-gas.ifp-school.com/ and attached document
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by valexzky(m): 3:52am On May 14, 2015
Good am house. I am a Computer Engineer working presently as an IT Systems Engineer. Where do I feature in the oil and gas industry?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:28am On May 14, 2015
Ejisz:
Hello @scantee
Firstly I will start by stating that I am a bit
confused right now as I am about rounding up my
B.sc programme ( NOUN).
So my brother. I ask for reasonable advice on the
right career part to choose from. I had to go
through part-time for financial reasons. Being
that I was solely responsible for my financial
expenses in school. So I had to multi-task.
I am rounding up my b.sc this year ending but
NYSC is out of the question cos I can't serve cos
I did part-time. So now I am hoping to get an
exclusion certificate from NYSC.
The main reason I brought my palava on here is
cos I am pretty confused. I don't know what else
to do and how best to build a good CV and skills
for myself in other for employment to be less
stressful for me (in the oil and gas field). I gained no practical skill during the course of my schooling so I am not skilled as I speak.
I need advice on what and what to do and I also
like to know if I am employeable with just my
b.sc (in any department of the oil and had sector).
Thanks guys.
I am willing to answer any question that might
arise regarding this post.
Sorry Bs.c on?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2015
valexzky:
Good am house. I am a Computer Engineer working presently as an IT Systems Engineer. Where do I feature in the oil and gas industry?
numerous....what are the certifications u have taken, whatz ur arear of speciality? @ihatenaija how are u? Still have u in mind...we are just waiting for May 29 to come & go for business proper to commence.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Pinkieblue(f): 11:01am On May 14, 2015
scantee:
numerous....what are the certifications u have taken, whatz ur arear of speciality? @ihatenaija how are u? Still have u in mind...we are just waiting for May 29 to come & go for business proper to commence.

I have a B. Tech in Geography/ remote sensing and M. Tech Environmental management (in view)
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:46am On May 14, 2015
@all there is someone here who i sent a direct link for shell application portal through mail, ur done with the application & successfully passed all the questionaire stages...u sent me ur Ref number last week, pls i cant find ur mail again is either mistakenly deleted or it has gone 2 last page due to number of mail i recieve on dailly basis, pls do respond & indicate here asap...i have a message for u. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2015
For those i'v not contacted pls just chill we are waiting for the opportunities.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 11:49am On May 14, 2015
Pinkieblue:

I have a B. Tech in Geography/ remote sensing and M. Tech Environmental management (in view)
ur from push cv thread i guess?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Pinkieblue(f): 11:57am On May 14, 2015
scantee:
ur from push cv thread i guess?

Yes

I couldn't join yesterday because my battery was low
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by FManX(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2015
@ Scantee, nice to come across your signature. Hmmm, I kinda want 2 ask u smtins. I sent a msg 2 u. I'd greatly apprec8 it if u accept my msg n d chance 2 discuss wit u.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Schipolkky2211: 2:48pm On May 14, 2015
@scantee: I am a Mechanical Engineer but presently works as a HVAC Design/Installation Engineer. I want to know my career prospects in the oil sector as i want to relocate to port harcourt and desire to switch to the oil sector. What are my chances? Do i need to start as a fresher?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Azijo: 3:31pm On May 14, 2015
Anyone with a Drilling/Well Engineering Training certificate from IPS should scan and forward same wth CV to drdnbassey@gmail.com.
Immediately.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kkstency(f): 3:37pm On May 14, 2015
Hello house. @scantee, I obtained my M.sc. Last year Nov. From the Institute of Petroleum Studies, centre of Occupational health safety and Environment. I read about IPS students getting placement in Total. I'd say it's not so easy. Those days are kinda long gone. But we have the opportunity of doin an internship at Total. Well...back to the main issue. I am looking for a job, I have a valid SAS and HUET, Waste management Coordinator's Training cert, inland ad offshore oil spill response training. All sponsored by Total. I ll be so grateful for any assistance with securing a job. Thnks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by mkchims(m): 3:48pm On May 14, 2015
scantee:
Hello guys happy weekend to you all.

a subsidiary of NLNG, NSML, "NLNG ship Manning Limited" in charge of exporting gas will soon start recruiting for able seamen

I will update you guys ones the recruitment starts, those interested with a required qualifications can apply.

Oga Scantee Walahi I say I must find the vacancy, I appreciate your effort and Godly heart thus far and I pray he rewards you accordingly, I am a petroleum Engineer with safety,production,logistics and security experience
Certified HSE 1,2&3
Certified Project Manager (Pmbok) Ms project Office
would appreciate connecting with you please grant me access.

Regards.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by rileyy(m): 5:53pm On May 14, 2015
Hello, I'm from pushcv thread and I don't mind getting a help from you. Studied Civil Engineering/structural Eng and Msc in Geo tech in view. Pls hook a brother up, thanks

scantee:
For those i'v not contacted pls just chill we are waiting for the opportunities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.