Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,608 members, 7,840,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft (1067 Views)

Biya Approves Use Of Witchcraft To Fight Boko Haram(pic) / Christine Lagarde With Nigerian Children In New Photo / APC And The Spirit Of Witchcraft - By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by mkarera: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2008
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by willy4: 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2008
Child Abuse
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by mazaje(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2008
Thats what happens when you believe too much in the unknown (religion or what ever you will like to call it) haba cry cry cry what have these innocent children done? poverty is really a disease. Nigeria is dying because of religion, any thing that man needs to do has to be done by man him self. Imagine the guy asked them what they think is the cause of the witch craft and how they believe the children could be cured all what they could say was that they don't know what the cause is but they believe that if you take money to the pastors they will be able to cure the kids? chie no be small thing.
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by RichyBlacK(m): 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2008
In my world, those who believe in witchcraft would be jailed - at least they can use their witchcraft to escape.

The belief in these fantasies has caused way more harm than good to Africans.

I'm sure if slave trade was still legal, those children would have been sold into slavery.
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by subice(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2008
mazaje:

Nigeria is dying because of religion, any thing that man needs to do has to be done by man him self.

For real. We're the most religious nation on earth, yet look at the state of the country.
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2008
subice:

For real. We're the most religious nation on earth, yet look at the state of the country.

Being Religious does not mean same as being good. Yes, Nigeria is about one of the most religious people on the planet is not the same as saying "Nigerians are some of the most moral people on the planet" Or saying " Nigerians are some of the best people on the planet". It is very very possible to be religious and be evil. Even the kkk can be considered religious to some extent but there have over history been groups who were religious and felt nothing was wrong with human sacrifices or throwing babies in the rivers. People are allowed to subscribe to any religious ideologies they choose so long as they understand that they are bound by law to obey the law. In this case, we should stop attacking the people for being religious but attacking the government for not being able to enforce the law in this case. I mean these cheap shots against RELIGION as a whole has never and will never solve the problem in any place on this planet. Religious people, just like the ordinary people out there come in all forms, there are those who use their belief for good and there are those who use it for bad. Just as you will find Juju men who will use their juju for good, you will find those who use theirs plainly for evil. Should we then condemn the majority for the crime of the few in ALL CASES
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by ayinba1(f): 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2008
This is a really sad reality of Nigeria and probably a couple other African Nations. It is not enough to shake our heads and say "oh how sad". It is time for each of us to take action in any way we can to end this scourge---Of course, those who have no fear of witches or witchcraft
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by funbag: 2:05am On Mar 12, 2008
What sad life these kids must live.
Re: ( Video ) Nigerian Children Accused Of Witchcraft by subice(m): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Being Religious does not mean same as being good. Yes, Nigeria is about one of the most religious people on the planet is not the same as saying "Nigerians are some of the most moral people on the planet" Or saying " Nigerians are some of the best people on the planet". It is very very possible to be religious and be evil. Even the kkk can be considered religious to some extent but there have over history been groups who were religious and felt nothing was wrong with human sacrifices or throwing babies in the rivers. People are allowed to subscribe to any religious ideologies they choose so long as they understand that they are bound by law to obey the law. In this case, we should stop attacking the people for being religious but attacking the government for not being able to enforce the law in this case. I mean these cheap shots against RELIGION as a whole has never and will never solve the problem in any place on this planet. Religious people, just like the ordinary people out there come in all forms, there are those who use their belief for good and there are those who use it for bad. Just as you will find Juju men who will use their juju for good, you will find those who use theirs plainly for evil. Should we then condemn the majority for the crime of the few in ALL CASES

I actually agree with you and I wasn't taking cheap shots at religion. I'm a christian and I take it seriously. However, my point is that church has become more of a routine and tradition in Nigeria, rather than somewhere people go because they really want the experience and teachings with the intent of applying them to everyday life. Everyday I go out, I see so many simple things in social behaviour that have become a common way of doing things, and if done otherwise, would make the nation a lot better than it is. We can blame our leaders and rightly so, but on the average, their character while in power, i believe is a reflection of the majority in the society's social attributes, which unfortunately does not reflect the religiousity of Nigerians. I'll take social consciousness and responsibility over religiousity anyday.

(1) (Reply)

Yuguda Sacks Information Commissioner, 900 Aides (582 Personal Assistants) / Nigerian Govt Wants IMF Aid On Job Creation / Jtf’s Creek War Is Illegal - General Ikponmwen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.