Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise (842 Views)

Igbo Man Presenting Islamic Programme On A TV. / Salaat From Quran- Invitation to Sweetnecta / Invitation To The 87th Edition Of Mini-ivc:: Mssn-bzone: Lagos&ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by ossyme(m): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2012
A muslim brother answered a quiz on the family show and will likely be invited. Should he go and pick up the prize.
Thanks while i await your informed naseeha!
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by Afam4eva(m): 10:52am On Nov 19, 2012
I don't get. is getting prizes against the the islamic faith?
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
ossyme: A muslim brother answered a quiz on the family show and will likely be invited. Should he go and pick up the prize.
Thanks while i await your informed naseeha!
Pls don't tell me Islam is against civilization and modernization. If he shouldn't go and pick up the prize, why did he participate by watching the programme in the first place? If a show cant be attended cos of scepticism, why watch the show?

Smh smh smdh smh
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
It depends on the sponsors of the program,if haram activities sponsors it,then,its not pemmisible for him to collect it.
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by BetaThings: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
toba: Pls don't tell me Islam is against civilization and modernization. If he shouldn't go and pick up the prize, why did he participate by watching the programme in the first place? If a show cant be attended cos of scepticism, why watch the show?

Smh smh smdh smh
Modernisation and civilisation , examples
Men sharing their wives with people : polyamorous relationship
Same s.ex marriage
People dressed but are naked
Islam is against corruption of values and society
If that corrupt version of values is what you call modernisation and civilisation, please embrace it tightly; Islam wants no part of it
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
BetaThings:
Modernisation and civilisation , examples
Men sharing their wives with people : polyamorous relationship
Same s.ex marriage
People dressed but are naked
Islam is against corruption of values and society
If that corrupt version of values is what you call modernisation and civilisation, please embrace it tightly; Islam wants no part of it
ohhh pls spare me that trash abeg. lets stay inline with the issue at hand without digressing.

Teju babyface teaches no bullshtz even though it has more to do with civilization and modernization. the show teaches good morals and values. try watch the show on youtube or tv and see number of niqab wearing alhajas that are part of the show's audience. i also see a hand full of white cap alhajis on the show. if the alhajis and alhajas on the show are part of the modernization, what does that tell u about the show?
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by BetaThings: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2012
toba: ohhh pls spare me that trash abeg. lets stay inline with the issue at hand without digressing.

Teju babyface teaches no bullshtz even though it has more to do with civilization and modernization. the show teaches good morals and values. try watch the show on youtube or tv and see number of niqab wearing alhajas that are part of the show's audience. i also see a hand full of white cap alhajis on the show. if the alhajis and alhajas on the show are part of the modernization, what does that tell u about the show?

Christianity, the region of gentlemen and ladies and turning of the other cheek! Yet the adherents are impatient and abusive.

So if I start doing something and I am told that it is wrong, I must continue on that journey. If I buy a drink and now discover it contains alcohol, I must not waste my money and just consume that alcohol?

You know the show, I don't! I am not in the habit of following people in the religion. Afterall some muslims drink alcohol. Otherwise I would be a follower of Boko Haram!

The man who started the process found it necessary midway into it to seek clarification, what should we tell him? Oh you have started, no matter what, just continue even if it is sure to lead to fatalities.

Who sponsor the show? what do they do? Do they have mixed dance where you can hold yourselves, generally mingle, peck etc?
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
BetaThings:

Christianity, the region of gentlemen and ladies and turning of the other cheek! Yet the adherents are impatient and abusive.

So if I start doing something and I am told that it is wrong, I must continue on that journey. If I buy a drink and now discover it contains alcohol, I must not waste my money and just consume that alcohol?

You know the show, I don't! I am not in the habit of following people in the religion. Afterall some muslims drink alcohol. Otherwise I would be a follower of Boko Haram!

The man who started the process found it necessary midway into it to seek clarification, what should we tell him? Oh you have started, no matter what, just continue even if it is sure to lead to fatalities.

Who sponsor the show? what do they do? Do they have mixed dance where you can hold yourselves, generally mingle, peck etc?
you still making no point. the person who won an invite to the show, got it by participating in a quiz organized by the promoters of the show. u cant know about the show without having watched it.

coming to ask this question for clarrification is needless to me. what has pecking got to do with immorality? what has a duet dance got to do with anything? are u a mind reader?
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by maclatunji: 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
BetaThings:

^Lots of dancing especially when popular Musicians are guests, yeah lots of mingling too. I doubt anybody amongst be organisers would peck you though.
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by BetaThings: 1:07am On Nov 21, 2012
^^^^^
Thanks
A man asks for advice. Give it to him sincerely and if you are unable to leave the thread open to others. No, they must launch a broadside against Islam
I often see questions asked by Christians on their thread. Muslims mostly stay out of those threads because they are not qualified to lead or 'mislead' people
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 21, 2012
BetaThings: ^^^^^
Thanks
A man asks for advice. Give it to him sincerely and if you are unable to leave the thread open to others. No, they must launch a broadside against Islam
I often see questions asked by Christians on their thread. Muslims mostly stay out of those threads because they are not qualified to lead or 'mislead' people
i wouldnt want to deviate from the topic. in relation to this topic, you guys are showing hypocrisy. Im a member of Nairaland, owned by someone who doesnt believe in my God.

the quran tells u guys to do away with 'unbelievers' not so? becos tejubaby face's show encourages dancing, pecking etc then u must do away from the show, as well as do away with Nairaland cos the owner 'hates' the idea that your God exist. He believes that the christian/muslim God is not real.

You guys should be the Judge. your response(s) will be expected
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by deols(f): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
If u think going there means sinning then keep away from doing so.
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2012
How can a muslim go to that kind of show, no purdah,alcohol served etc
Re: Invitation To a TV Show:Please Advise by tintingz(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
I use to watch teju's show. . .nothing is bad in collecting a gift there if it is not haram. . .

(1) (Reply)

It's Time To Face Up To The Problem Of Sexual Abuse In The White Community / My Journey To Islam -ABDULLAHI EDWARD / Muslim Brodas And Sisterx,i Nid Ur Hep On Dix Matter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.