Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (33031 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here / Hamza Elrufai Had Accident During Car Racing Competition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2012
Hi all we would be bringing to you abuja fast cars in pictures. the maddest cars alive in Nigeria, Drag races and crazy speed demons. (NIGERIAN PICTURES ONLY). All cars hosted are regular street cars in Abuja. if you want to join in we would be updating meeting venues for races on weekends and public holidays.
Enjoy

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 11:26am On Nov 19, 2012
first of all credit to BMW M3 that whip is sick!!! we put it against the Audi R8 and it was crap!!!

Audi R8
420hp

Bmw M3
414hp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuquxaclp68&feature=plcp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2012
Interview with iceprince in the lambo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqZ3ksrQ13A&feature=plcp
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
cool

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
R8 VS C63 VS CLS550
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Ikenna351(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:
first of all credit to BMW M3 that whip is sick!!! we put it against the Audi R8 and it was crap!!!

Audi R8
420hp

Bmw M3
414hp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuquxaclp68&feature=plcp

Fantastic! cool

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by bigx(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....
just 1 question... Where are the "japmobiles" in this lineup? cool
Cant compete eh
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
cool

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
workers during the week, speed demons at weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUYF9ZBsLgI&feature=plcp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by sultaan(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2012
Driving that fast is not very safe on a busy street, a mistake can be very expensive(any car is replaceable).

The highways will be less busy midnight.

Your passenger must have wet his pants
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2012
sultaan: Driving that fast is not very safe on a busy street, a mistake can be very expensive(any car is replaceable).

The highways will be less busy midnight.

Your passenger must have wet his pants

Sultann i guess we are guilty of that, but we try as much as possible to drive safe. every driver is liable for his car, the AMGS and M3 are sick machines, the C63 pushes up to 250km/hr on a moderately busy street.

One good thing is the fuel scarcity in abuja has left the streets a bit free.
Am inviting anyone in abuja to come out and have fun with us

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by andy24(m): 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2012
you guys are sick and i love it xo xo muxh. I am the biggest fan of car racing. grin
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
Wow. You guys don't get busted, racing on public roads?
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
Siena: Wow. You guys don't get busted, racing on public roads?

Abuja is our race track.

Well to our advantage there are NO SPEED LIMITS or Cameras, We try as much as possible to drive with caution. Whats the point of having a super car and under utilizing it.

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2012
grin cool

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
thread is open for discussions
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
smiley

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
It's a shame I can't take part, just up my street too. sad
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
the weekend is here....VRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by yungboss(m): 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
i love the M3...i'm sure the c63 is faster than the M3 on a drag strip...i still have my plans for an M3 though, e36 for keeps.
Unfortunately i'm not in Abuja to visit the 'events'
i revere the SLS gullwing!
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 6:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
Always look out for Ghost!!! in Abuja grin C63 AMG

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Areaboy2(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2012
Siena: Wow. You guys don't get busted, racing on public roads?

you will be surprised undecided

It took them a couple of months to bust the guys doing stunts near the national mosque a few years ago. They needed a full riot squad (after a number of accidents and some guys in hospital) for that to stop.

Police wont even bother as most guys driving those cars know a guy that knows another guy. That's the funny country we are all from

1 Like

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2012
Area_boy:

you will be surprised undecided

It took them a couple of months to bust the guys doing stunts near the national mosque a few years ago. They needed a full riot squad (after a number of accidents and some guys in hospital) for that to stop.

Police wont even bother as most guys driving those cars know a guy that knows another guy. That's the funny country we are all from

We mean no harm,every driver is a professional and we are not breaking any rules
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
2012 Jaguar XFR preview of The Curves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4uDkVVVTQ
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:
We mean no harm,every driver is a professional and we are not breaking any rules

C'mon bro! I'm a petrol head too, have always been into the drag and track scene, but not on the public roads. Definitely breaking every rule in the book, it's just a case of not getting caught.

There are street races here too, and whilst it's a case of getting away when babylon turn up, we all acknowledge it's breaking to law. Professional drivers don't street race, because there are regular road users too, both automobile and pedestrians, and you can't predict their actions. Unlike driving on a dedicated track, whereby the environment is more controlled.

I personally don't street race. You guys seem like a lively bunch of car nuts, ever considered getting a course built? There must be enough private land to buy, and if not enough, there are arrangements that can be made, with the right amount of money to have dedicated areas shut off to the public on certain days, so races can be conducted safely. It's a lot of work though - you'll need to plan where public traffic will be diverted through. And the closed-off areas will need to be rotated throughout the year.

Worth considering, that's what I would do.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2012
Getting a dedicated track or lane just for speed racing is much of a dream in Nigeria talk less of Abuja, the papers and news feeds show a kilometre of road in Nigeria runs into a billion. the truth about it is that we dont have speed limits on the roads we drive, we basically just ride round town when traffic is very minimal or durning the weekends. basically we use express lanes and by-pass routes. when shows come up in abuja for stunts and drifts, we have the FRSC in place also in a controlled zone.

personally I dont think we are breaking any rules.

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by DarkknightAbj(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Siena:

C'mon bro! I'm a petrol head too, have always been into the drag and track scene, but not on the public roads. Definitely breaking every rule in the book, it's just a case of not getting caught.

There are street races here too, and whilst it's a case of getting away when babylon turn up, we all acknowledge it's breaking to law. Professional drivers don't street race, because there are regular road users too, both automobile and pedestrians, and you can't predict their actions. Unlike driving on a dedicated track, whereby the environment is more controlled.

I personally don't street race. You guys seem like a lively bunch of car nuts, ever considered getting a course built? There must be enough private land to buy, and if not enough, there are arrangements that can be made, with the right amount of money to have dedicated areas shut off to the public on certain days, so races can be conducted safely. It's a lot of work though - you'll need to plan where public traffic will be diverted through. And the closed-off areas will need to be rotated throughout the year.

take time to watch this...its in a controlled zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubdEw0rDA34

Worth considering, that's what I would do.

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by mastro: 9:05am On Nov 30, 2012
Darkknight.Abj:

Hmmm As an Abuja based biker who has been to the far side of 250kph on both cars and bikes many a time, much of the driving here is simply irresponsible, now I don't use that word lightly but with full knowledge of it's true meaning, the fact that you have enough money to buy a 63AMG doesn't make you a professional, that you choose to drive in the above fashion among other road users in the middle of town on roads where pedestrians cross makes you irresponsible QED.

there is a time and place for everything, you don't mean no harm you say, well actions speak louder than words.you want to let out your speed demons, then there are loads of roads around Abuja with minimal traffic where you can let loose, e.g Buhari to Kaduna road, freshly built, more cows than people.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
^^^ I didn't want to appear a douche bag and killjoy. But yeah, street racing can seem attractive, when things are going well. But when it spills into well populated streets (as some of the videos show) then it's a time bomb waiting to go off.

It takes just one unlucky motorist to be in the right place at the wrong time, then carnage is the end result. I love speed, and have built many dedicated track cars over the years. But I will not give them hell on public roads. Too many variables, too many risks.

I witnessed a tragedy back in 2004 - a group of Japmobiles, consisting of Nissan Skylines, Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Imprezza, Toyota Supra and Celica GT4. These were heading for a Japanese Extravanga, which was also being attended by Top Secret, one of Japan's top tuning houses (Google 1,500 bhp gold Toyota Supra).

One of the Skylines broke away from the group, to chase a BMW M5 E39, and failed to see a bike that pulled out from in front of a car ahead. The Skyline missed the bike, AND the BMW M5, but lost control. It ended up a 7-car pile-up. This was in Hounslow, West London. The M4 was shut for 6 hours as a result, and we were going nowhere.

So these things can happen, you MAY be able to predict yourself (sometimes) but you can't predict the actions of other drivers, or pedestrians!

You guys need to find another way of getting your speed thrills, that safeguard not just yourselves, but others too.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Kelvinj(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2012
Kill urself by urself...u can race on highways but streets Hahaha this is9ja we're talking about with half the masses walking on ht street
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by Demdem(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2012
this one na suicide mission ooo. why not go federal highway between states. East -west road down south is ideal undecided undecided
Re: Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions by ballabriggs: 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
Absolutely irresponsible!!! Who regulates this?

I just saw in that video a car move pass a zebra crossing at high speed. You use a public road to drive dangerously thereby putting other road users in danger? This should not be glorified, it is a shame!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos) / When Your Exotic Ride Is About To Be Kazeemed!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.