Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here (20044 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / As A New Driver, Can I Attempt Interstate Roads? / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone please am about to acquire Λ DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 HEMI and I would like to know the challenges of using such Λ car and how readily available its spare parts are, and if there are dodge designated service centres in nigeria(Abuja and Lagos). Thank you very much in advance. Nb;trolls are not welcome, you might not like the reception if you are one
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Readone35L your attention is required.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
ZeusAyo: Hello everyone please am about to acquire Λ DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 HEMI and I would like to know the challenges of using such Λ car and how readily available its spare parts are, and if there are dodge designated service centres in nigeria(Abuja and Lagos). Thank you very much in advance. Nb;trolls are not welcome, you might not like the reception if you are one

It's just like any other American car of it's era.

I don't know about Nigerian centers being available for Dodge but you can get all the parts shipped in from the US, it's a rather common vehicle here.

Personally, unless, you're buying it for other reasons I think the HEMI is a waste in Nigerian. You can save much more money by buying the standard issue is you just like the shape.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
CityNG:

It's just like any other American car of it's era.

I don't know about Nigerian centers being available for Dodge but you can get all the parts shipped in from the US, it's a rather common vehicle here.

Personally, unless, you're buying it for other reasons I think the HEMI is a waste in Nigerian. You can save much more money by buying the standard issue is you just like the shape.

maybe I can cut back on the hemi then. But what of Λ supercharged engine and possibly Λ fire breathing exhaust kit(hope you know what I mean) hope they can also be imported
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
ZeusAyo: maybe I can cut back on the hemi then. But what of Λ supercharged engine and possibly Λ fire breathing exhaust kit(hope you know what I mean) hope they can also be imported

Oh trust me I know all about fire breathing exhaust kits.

Stand back when this car starts it's engines, it almost melted my camera lenses.

Additional power more than stock is something I don't think you need in Nigeria but exhaust kits and other stuff you can get.

If necessary, not required just saying, I can help you with all of these stuff from here. Get all the custom works down and have the car shipped.

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
CityNG:

Oh trust me I know all about fire breathing exhaust kits.

Stand back when this car starts it's engines, it almost melted my camera lenses.

Additional power more than stock is something I don't think you need in Nigeria but exhaust kits and other stuff you can get.

If necessary, not required just saying, I can help you with all of these stuff from here. Get all the custom works down and have the car shipped.
тнαηкѕ mate but I think I'll pass Λ cousin of mine is getting it 4 me but I really apreciate it
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
ZeusAyo: тнαηкѕ mate but I think I'll pass Λ cousin of mine is getting it 4 me but I really apreciate it

Excellent. Nothing beats a trusted family member as eyes and ears.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by teebell90: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hey Bro you might want to consider the chevrolet camaro as its so common in Nigeria now, making me believe there are repair centers for it. #PastorJustGotOne
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
What year of the challenger are you getting .
I use the charger srt8 2010
Its A Nice ride above all
Why not check out the 3.5L ,it. Might be better because of fuel consumption, cheap engine parts and cost of maintenance ... And I don't think really need all d power in d hemi unless ur a petrol head like me.
I always floor my Gas pedal grin grin
Hemi is Great .Having a 6.1L under your hood is a Great thing ...That Engine is Power,Reliability,your Friend and your girlfriend too she needs attention sometimes.
And when she asks you for shotbread biscuit of 350 my broda don't buy her 30naira. Own oh..she fit vex spoil ur hard work .What I mean is don't buy cheap parts. Use recomended oil and Atf .. I have only changed my tranny fluid once or twice.
Parts Don't wear of easily . Apart from regular service ,brake pads and changing my battery
I have had no serious issues since 2012.
My Stamp for that Ride is 9.9\10....
And mostly if ur single like me ..You should know you will have ladies on ur neck
That challenger is a Beauty and will always stand out.
Get a good mech for. Inspection and do buy an obd scanner it helps
If you in lag one of dis days b4 I travel too ghana I can let you get a spin
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Readone35L your attention is required.
Nice one Gazzuzz
Thanks for bringing me here
Ur name sounds more like guzzle or guzzler
Ur gonna like insane rides ah know
You once had a dodge too so come and share ur view
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 8:05am On Sep 01, 2014
Readone35L: What year of the challenger are you getting .
Why not check out the 3.5L ,it. Might be better because of fuel consumption, cheap engine parts and cost of maintenance ... And I don't think really need all d power in d hemi unless ur a petrol head like me.
Hemi is Great .Having a 6.1L under your hood is a Great thing ...That Engine is Power,Reliability,your Friend and your girlfriend too she needs attention sometimes.
And when she asks you for shotbread biscuit of 350 my broda don't buy her 30naira. Own oh..she fit vex spoil ur hard work .What I mean is don't buy cheap parts. Use recomended oil and Atf .. I have only changed my tranny fluid once or twice.
Parts Don't wear of easily . Apart from regular service ,brake pads and changing my battery
And mostly if ur single like me ..You should know you will have ladies on ur neck
trust me am Λ petrol head just like you. I have once driven an uncles turbo charged bmw x6 along abuja airport road and trust me I love power under the hood because the only thing people saw about that ride was its break lights so much power and I would love my dodge to be like that. concerning my status, am single and I already have ladies on my neck so adding Λ challenger to my assets wouldn't be Λ problem and besides I should be able to foot the bill. Concerning maintenance and parts, I am not the type that would consult road side mechanics even if I want to change plug; that is why I said I needed dodge service centres. Also if I get the car before december, and I happen to be in lagos we can go for Λ spin on 3rd mainland bridge(lol)

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 8:07am On Sep 01, 2014
teebell90: Hey Bro you might want to consider the chevrolet camaro as its so common in Nigeria now, making me believe there are repair centers for it. #PastorJustGotOne
I had my eye on the camaro also but its to wide (I mean it) and Its too common
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
Readone35L: What year of the challenger are you getting .
since you drive yours in nigeria, how do you service yours?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 02, 2014
ZeusAyo: since you drive yours in nigeria, how do you service yours?

Lols I do regular service my self ...
But brake pads and all DT na my Mech
Car does not give issues so why should I visit the mech
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2014
ZeusAyo: trust me am Λ petrol head just like you. I have once driven an uncles turbo charged bmw x6 along abuja airport road and trust me I love power under the hood because the only thing people saw about that ride was its break lights so much power and I would love my dodge to be like that. concerning my status, am single and I already have ladies on my neck so adding Λ challenger to my assets wouldn't be Λ problem and besides I should be able to foot the bill. Concerning maintenance and parts, I am not the type that would consult road side mechanics even if I want to change plug; that is why I said I needed dodge service centres. Also if I get the car before december, and I happen to be in lagos we can go for Λ spin on 3rd mainland bridge(lol)

Lols
Service Centre me i dont know oh, I do most things my self
And becarefull with the way you floor the gas pedal .life no get duplicate oh
If you want to buy ,Go for it
The x6 is a nice car too very sharp movement
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by icemann(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Readone35L:

What's your MPG like?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
icemann:

What's your MPG like?
I have never for once calculated it or any kind of doubt if am having abnormal consumption
Am use to the way it takes it fuel
But overral its okay for me
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by icemann(m): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
Readone35L:
I have never for once calculated it or any kind of doubt if am having abnormal consumption
Am use to the way it takes it fuel
But overral its okay for me
Okay. I am getting an EV or hybrid next. You save at the pump but it cost like $5K more for the car and for a certified used one the difference is less. And the modern hybrid battery is estimated to last 10 years compared to 5 years in earlier versions 10 years ago.

It's gonna be a daily commute vehicle and I'll have a big block too.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
icemann:
Okay. I am getting an EV or hybrid next. You save at the pump but it cost like $5K more for the car and for a certified used one the difference is less. And the modern hybrid battery is estimated to last 10 years compared to 5 years in earlier versions 10 years ago.

It's gonna be a daily commute vehicle and I'll have a big block too.
Hybrid srt8?
tell me something

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by icemann(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
Readone35L:
Hybrid srt8?
tell me something

Any hybrid car. Just trying to tell you V8 not fantastic for an everyday car.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
icemann:
Any hybrid car. Just trying to tell you V8 not fantastic for an everyday car.
Oh okay
.the Prius ,civic,Camry, accord should be among ur choice sha
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 2:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Readone35L:
Readone35L:

Lols
Service Centre me i dont know oh, I do most things my self
And becarefull with the way you floor the gas pedal .life no get duplicate oh
If you want to buy ,Go for it
The x6 is a nice car too very sharp movement

In another thread, you said Something about an engine change? How did you manage that?
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2014
Coldplay007:

In another thread, you said Something about an engine change? How did you manage that?
Woman or man I dnt knw d 1 u belong too
Go back to the thread and read well everything is well said there
If you still can't comprehend come to festac on sunday

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
Readone35L:
Woman or man I dnt knw d 1 u belong too
Go back to the thread and read well everything is well said there
If you still can't comprehend come to festac on sunday
Lol... grin
It's funny you still claim you have an SRT8, I thought you agreed on that thread it's only an SRT8 engine you have left? Or you still claiming that car is an SRT8?
What do you call a 504 with a 2008 camry engine? grin
I never seem to understand why some men get intimidated when a woman speaks there lingo cheesy
Just passing by.. wink

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Coldplay007:
Lol... grin
It's funny you still claim you have an SRT8, I thought you agreed on that thread it's only an SRT8 engine you have left? Or you still claiming that car is an SRT8?
I never seem to understand why some men get intimidated when a woman speaks there lingo cheesy
Just passing by.. wink
I only have a different kit for now
And the engine it self is what is called Srt8,Hemi 6.1L
If you don't know nau ya know
I don't know whats with the beef or what am gonna call it
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=Coldplay
Lol... grin
Just passing by.. wink[/quote]

You claim ur a woman that knows more
The difference between a Camry and a Camry turbo is it not from the hood or you add the turbo to the tyres.
Smh shior
I stil have most of my srt8 mods installed so watchu saying

Searching for a very good 2013 srt8 to import soon
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 3:44am On Sep 04, 2014
Not beefing you.. Now you are making me feel bad.. embarassed
Camry, Camry Turbo or camry hybrid? Are they not all camrys? tongue
Just keep telling yourself you have an SRT8, and one day your car might just turn to one.. grin
I honestly don't know why you are taking the issue so serious cos I'm just playing with ya.. cheesy wink
Sweetheart, Lighten up and use Smileys more. It was just so easy to mess with you I couldn't resist.... grin cool

4 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
Coldplay007: Not beefing you.. Now you are making me feel bad.. embarassed
Just keep telling yourself you have an SRT8, and one day your car might just turn to one.. grin
I honestly don't know why you are taking the issue so serious cos I'm just playing with ya.. cheesy wink
Sweetheart, Lighten up and use Smileys more. It was just so easy to mess with you I couldn't resist.... grin cool
I like girls who know about cars. Keep it up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
ZeusAyo: trust me am Λ petrol head just like you. I have once driven an uncles turbo charged bmw x6 along abuja airport road and trust me I love power under the hood because the only thing people saw about that ride was its break lights so much power and I would love my dodge to be like that. concerning my status, am single and I already have ladies on my neck so adding Λ challenger to my assets wouldn't be Λ problem and besides I should be able to foot the bill. Concerning maintenance and parts, I am not the type that would consult road side mechanics even if I want to change plug; that is why I said I needed dodge service centres. Also if I get the car before december, and I happen to be in lagos we can go for Λ spin on 3rd mainland bridge(lol)

Third mainland Bridge is no longer good for racing.

I have done 180kmph in the past but I dare not go beyond 140 now...

Bad patches, wavy repairs, tyre shreds, gaps etc...

For drag racing, the only one I can recommend is just after lekki toll gate when the road is free.

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Coldplay007: Not beefing you.. Now you are making me feel bad.. embarassed

I like this girl
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Denn:

Third mainland Bridge is no longer good for racing.

I have done 180kmph in the past but I dare not go beyond 140 now...

Bad patches, wavy repairs, tyre shreds, gaps etc...

For drag racing, the only one I can recommend is just after lekki toll gate when the road is free.
or abuja airport road

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by teebell90: 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Not with the construction work going on there now as well as the junctions like that of Lugbe where some pedestrians try to prove James bond when crossing the road instead of use the pedestrian bridge. #UgonnaStepOnYaBrakesSoHardAtSuchSpot

Still hopeful that we get a racing circuit in Nigeria soonest. smiley

ZeusAyo: or abuja airport road

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 / Check Out This Ferrari Inspired Air Jordan XXXII / Has Anyone Driven An Innoson???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.