Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? (2852 Views)

WTF Why Is Boko Haram’s Abubakar Shekau Also On The Time 100 List??? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2012
Darn it!!!!
I'm extremely upset. Fc.uk!!! angry

What the heck!!! angry
Why was Twitter used in harvesting information for the media chat, and not NL or any other Nigerian forum??
Is this the way we intend to grow??

A55holes!!! angry
(*Sorry for my insults o, don't take it personal. I'm just upset sad *)

Common Reno, what is all this?
You guys are smarter than this

Why promote another persons own, at the expense of ours? sad
is this not what those before us where doing and got us into this mess?

we probably should have used foreign journalists for the presidential media chat instead of Nigerian journalists too

Common Reno, you guys really need to think global driven by local re-engineering

angry angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2012
The next thing, i start hearing that the government is involved in you-win, i-win etc for youth empowerment

What will they win if their customership is passed over by the Nigerian government in preference for some other countries product
Does Twitter even have an office in Nigeria employing local labour?
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 11:28am On Nov 19, 2012
Sheit!!!

the president referring to the magnificence of the Ethiopian cutleries (I hope I wasn't hearing correctly)
He deserves to be flogged for that

Na crime to hire gold, silver or bronzesmith to design spoons and fork for the Nigerian presidential banquet that can handle our peculiar meals?
If our metal-smiths have awkward and ugly tastes
can art students in Nigerian universities not be involved in the design the same way Seun throws the NL floor open for youthful designers?
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2012
One winch called Analist was busy praise singing in the NL thread during the presidential chat
I be no mind wetin im dey talk until he talked about the president building 6 universities
That was pycophancy taking one step too far

What the dull, dull heck is all this
Its not universities darn it!!!!

What is needed is an ability to plug the gap
not universities churning out unemployable youths
either due to low quality of the resource (graduate) output
or lack of jobs in the external environment
or lack of properly designed academic modules neccesary to unleash the viability of the positive graduate-economic mix
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 11:46am On Nov 19, 2012
I mean, look at small things like the backdrop used for the presidential chat
Which kaine curtain be that?

The backdrop subtly but clearly shows how veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy far, and uncreative we are in our brain power
Those who designed it and approved it are an excellent sample of the mediocrity of position holders in Nigeria

But thank God, it is much better than the usually dull option of hanging funny drapes everywhere like those designs used in wedding receptions

1 Like

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
I don dey calm dow now smiley
wow!!
It's great getting these things off ones chest
But wait a minute,.................how did we get here?

some young rascals without any real creative ambition for Nigeria nor terabytes for brain power
somehow got into power (all the way from the begining of the existense of Nigeria till now)
They then set about reproducing/spawning their types in every nook and cranny of our geographical expression

Like the salmons, their basta.rd seeds spend their lifetime going upstream to the upper echelons of government
and reproduce the same cursed DNA accros the length and breadth of the country

Yep,...and these cursed seeds (the next governors, presidents, Speakers, Legislators etc) are all around us and within our generation now
They are even busy typing away in NairaLand

You can easilly tell them and their potentials or anti-potentials even in NairaLand
young and ethnic jingoists, pyscophants, incapable of simple analysis, escapists, cuns,
lacking the abilty to read and discern, insultive wink, callous, prefering others to their own, brainwashed.......................

Bas.tards all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by malc619(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
We will get there soon enough...

1 Like

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by naptu2: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
esere826: Darn it!!!!
I'm extremely upset. Fc.uk!!! angry

What the heck!!! angry
Why was Twitter used in harvesting information for the media chat, and not NL or any other Nigerian forum??
Is this the way we intend to grow??

A55holes!!! angry
(*Sorry for my insults o, don't take it personal. I'm just upset sad *)

Common Reno, what is all this?
You guys are smarter than this

Why promote another persons own, at the expense of ours? sad
is this not what those before us where doing and got us into this mess?

we probably should have used foreign journalists for the presidential media chat instead of Nigerian journalists too

Common Reno, you guys really need to think global driven by local re-engineering

angry angry

I approve this message.
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by naptu2: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
What's really frustrating and depressing is that this nonsense has been on for decades.

In the 1970s the government attracted Peugeot, Volkswagen, Steyr, Mercedes Benz, etc to invest in Nigeria. It was hoped that Nigeria would be the automobile manufacturing hub of Africa and that there'll be technology transfer.

Government didn't fulfil it's own side of the bargain. The is a law that makes it mandatory for government to purchase and use made/assembled in Nigeria cars, but government officials prefer to inflate contracts and use imported cars. Our railway system was comatose, making it impossible for PAN to use the rail system to transport it's vehicles across West Africa.

Ok, the next plan was to produce Nigerian made and branded cars. A joint venture between the Product Research Agency (PRODA) and the University of Ilorin produced the first made in Nigeria car in 1989. They also made a tricycle that was supposed to be used by farmers and rural dwellers. They got no support or encouragement from government. In fact, when Colonel Marwa wanted to start the "keke Marwa" project, he went to India to import auto-rickshaws!

What about the Izuogu car?

What about Innoson? The subsidy buses and BRT buses should be Innoson buses!

It's quite depressing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by Elueme: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
esere826: I don dey calm dow now smiley
wow!!
It's great getting these things off ones chest
But wait a minute,.................how did we get here?

some young rascals without any real creative ambition for Nigeria nor terabytes for brain power
somehow got into power (all the way from the begining of the existense of Nigeria till now)
They then set about reproducing/spawning their types in every nook and cranny of our geographical expression

Like the salmons, their basta.rd seeds spend their lifetime going upstream to the upper echelons of government
and reproduce the same cursed DNA accros the length and breadth of the country

Yep,...and these cursed seeds (the next governors, presidents, Speakers, Legislators etc) are all around us and within our generation now
They are even busy typing away in NairaLand

You can easilly tell them and their potentials or anti-potentials even in NairaLand
young and ethnic jingoists, pyscophants, incapable of simple analysis, escapists, cuns,
lacking the abilty to read and discern, insultive wink, callous, prefering others to their own, brainwashed.......................

Bas.tards all

You are just ranting all over this thread like a stray dog. Cool down. You want to know why nairaland was not used?
1. Nairaland has gone to the dogs in the past years. Most comments gotten from here could be ascribed to be coming from tabula rasas. No deep only insults and criticisms( blind criticisms).
2. The moderators of this forum and some of the very known monikers have made it look to a lot of other people that the forum is created to serve a particular political interest. I as a person share in this suspicion..
From the aforementioned, NL cannot be fair to be used in a national media chat as the one we had yesterday probably until it overcomes these obvious weakness as well as jettison irrelevant and retrogressive posts like Tonto Dikeh's gossips..
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by takedat(m): 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2012
Elueme: You are just ranting all over this thread like a stray dog. Cool down. You want to know why nairaland was not used?
1. Nairaland has gone to the dogs in the past years. Most comments gotten from here could be ascribed to be coming from tabula rasas. No deep only insults and criticisms( blind criticisms).
2. The moderators of this forum and some of the very known monikers have made it look to a lot of other people that the forum is created to serve a particular political interest. I as a person share in this suspicion..
From the aforementioned, NL cannot be fair to be used in a national media chat as the one we had yesterday probably until it overcomes these obvious weakness as well as jettison irrelevant and retrogressive posts like Tonto Dikeh's gossips..
So if NL cannot be fair then what will you say about NTA, FRCN and VON? Aren't they use in serving a particular political interest?Abeg your excuse is lame and unfounded!

3 Likes

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by GARRIx7(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
NL will get there soon, but 1st Seun needs to sack some MODs..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by zerocool(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
You want to compare Twitter to Nairaland? Are you kidding me? There have been couple of times I come on Nairaland, surf through some threads and voila!!! -- Server Not Found.
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
zerocool: You want to compare Twitter to Nairaland? Are you kidding me? There have been couple of times I come on Nairaland, surf through some threads and voila!!! -- Server Not Found.

Why can't we compare Twitter to NairaLand?
Why is "server not found"?

I have been to quite a number of foreign sites, and they've had such downtime issues some times

Did you follow the rise of twitter?
Did you see how it was pushed aggresively by those in foreign media simply because they liked its model of on the spot information?

Twitter got to where it was because it was first 'pushed' before it was 'pulled' by the crowd
I was one of the first to use that tool, so i know

NL on the other hand has been 'pulled' by Nigerians home and abroad without any corresponding 'push' from structured organisations including the Government in Nigeria

I feel its simply because we think that any thing that comes from our brains is local, while anything that comes from the west is international. ...Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
Elueme: You are just ranting all over this thread like a stray dog. Cool down. You want to know why nairaland was not used?

Twitter has most of these characteristics you've just mentioned and more.
Is it not from Twitter accounts that face-offs between Jim Iyke and Linda Ikeji are harvested and pasted on NL?

Any political party can use NL to push its information if it so wishes.
I am not aware of any restrictions to that. Please correct me if I am wrong

Seun, what is this guy saying?

1 Like

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
naptu2: What's really frustrating and depressing is that this nonsense has been on for decades.

In the 1970s the government attracted Peugeot, Volkswagen, Steyr, Mercedes Benz, etc to invest in Nigeria. It was hoped that Nigeria would be the automobile manufacturing hub of Africa and that there'll be technology transfer.

Government didn't fulfil it's own side of the bargain. The is a law that makes it mandatory for government to purchase and use made/assembled in Nigeria cars, but government officials prefer to inflate contracts and use imported cars. Our railway system was comatose, making it impossible for PAN to use the rail system to transport it's vehicles across West Africa.

Ok, the next plan was to produce Nigerian made and branded cars. A joint venture between the Product Research Agency (PRODA) and the University of Ilorin produced the first made in Nigeria car in 1989. They also made a tricycle that was supposed to be used by farmers and rural dwellers. They got no support or encouragement from government. In fact, when Colonel Marwa wanted to start the "keke Marwa" project, he went to India to import auto-rickshaws!

What about the Izuogu car?

What about Innoson? The subsidy buses and BRT buses should be Innoson buses!

It's quite depressing.

It is freaking crazy.
I am indeed upset

Common social media again wen be everyone's toy
Wetin be this?

Are we so self hating, with huge inferiority complex?
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by tpia1: 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
nairaland should be used in a media chat?

boko haram nko?

after all, they're both against western education, as evidenced by the high number of tribalistic whatnot we see daily here.
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
It is so sad when 'future leaders' in this forum can't see the st.upidity of such an action or inaction
and instead argue blindly against themselves, their kids and their generations yet unborn

What hope do we then have?
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by tpia1: 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
i dont know oh.

let me check the media chat first.
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
tpia1: nairaland should be used in a media chat?

boko haram nko?

after all, they're both against western education, as evidenced by the high number of tribalistic whatnot we see daily here.

I see these tribalists too, and I despise them
but they are everyehere including in twitter

So whats the big deal?
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2012
tpia1: nairaland should be used in a media chat?

boko haram nko?

Come off it. Why are you saying this?

This lacks depth
and you're better than such statement (except you're just making fun)
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Guys
we really need to start believing in ourselves
You are no less than anybody

Me, I stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone,
even Eistein would not be more clever than me If I chose to tow that part
I expect others to feel and act the same way
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by Ishilove: 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
Esere, sweery, abeg cool down jare. How can government use NL when the NLanders themselves are not helping issues. Go to the front page and see all the brain deadening topics there. How can any govt take NL seriously when we have topics like "Picture of Davido eating Akpu" or "Help, his dog farts too much. Advice needed",or "Picture of Tiwa Savage pounding yam" makes the front page while serious threads like this are relegated to the background.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
malc619: We will get there soon enough...

I hope we do my friend

But, this was a no brainer (using Twitter)
The eldorado is technological and infrastructural advancements
not simple social media tool naw
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
Ishilove: Esere, sweery, abeg cool down jare. How can government use NL when the NLanders themselves are not helping issues. Go to the front page and see all the brain deadening topics there. How can any govt take NL seriously when we have topics like "Picture of Davido eating Akpu" or "Help, his dog farts too much. Advice needed",or "Picture of Tiwa Savage pounding yam" makes the front page while serious threads like this are relegated to the background.

Do we really want to dissect this issue into bits?

lets start with these questions:

What was Twitter used for in the presidential debate?
How was it used to acheive this?
Could NL with its large Nigeria following not have been able to acheive the same objective despite being a breeding ground for 'brain deadening' youths?
WHo benefits in the use of Twitter?
How can the Nigerian 'brain deadening' youths be encouraged to know that the cleverer they become, the more government will invest in them?

I cannot imagine the American president choosing a foreign forum over theirs simply because they've got a55holes littering the place

We've got to start from somewhere dearie
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by Ishilove: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
I will concede that this new NL is a lot bigger than the old, intellectually driven NL. Inanity is the order of the day and it has helped NL grow to this point. So as long as NL keeps growing, Seun does not care if threads like "His armpit hair can plait Bob Marley" continues to make the fp.
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
Ishilove: I will concede that this new NL is a lot bigger than the old, intellectually driven NL. Inanity is the order of the day and it has helped NL grow to this point. So as long as NL keeps growing, Seun does not care if threads like "His armpit hair can plait Bob Marley" continues to make the fp.

LOL
abeg Ishilove, no make me laugh here
dis na serious topic grin
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by Ishilove: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
esere826:

Do we really want to dissect this issue into bits?

lets start with these questions:

What was Twitter used for in the presidential debate?
How was it used to acheive this?
Could NL with its large Nigeria following not have been able to acheive the same objective despite being a breeding ground for 'brain deadening' youths?
WHo benefits in the use of Twitter?
How can the Nigerian 'brain deadening' youths be encouraged to know that the cleverer they become, the more government will invest in them?

I cannot imagine the American president choosing a foreign forum over theirs simply because they've got a55holes littering the place

We've got to start from somewhere dearie
You have a point sha.
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by Ishilove: 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2012
esere826:

LOL
abeg Ishilove, no make me laugh here
dis na serious topic grin
I am being serious na grin
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by naptu2: 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
The point is, you find the exact same thing that you find on nairaland on twitter.

If I was the editor all I'll do is formulate rules (like they do on all interactive fora).

1) Insults will not be broadcast (that is, you can post as many insults as you like, but they will not be broadcast on tv).

2) Ethnic bigotry will not be broadcast.

Etc.

There is absolutely no reason why nairaland can't be used.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Ishilove:
I am being serious o grin

Yeah, but it is sooo possible to design a presidential question harvesting tool around the crazy space.
All it needs is that first the actors recognise that this is possible
Then they put on their thinking caps and get to work

If the brains of the actors are getting cold due to old age
they can simply outsource the thinking to students in Nigerian universities as final year project
shikena...
Re: Seun & Reno, WTF! Why Was Twitter & Not Nairaland Used In The Media Chat? by esere826: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
naptu2: The point is, you find the exact same thing that you find on nairaland on twitter.

If I was the editor all I'll do is formulate rules (like they do on all interactive fora).

1) Insults will not be broadcast (that is, you can post as many insults as you like, but they will not be broadcast on tv).

2) Ethnic bigotry will not be broadcast.

Etc.

There is absolutely no reason why nairaland can't be used.

Naptu, naptu2!!!!!!

how many times did I call u?
This is the simpleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thing. You've just described

You see why I am upset
No be hardworkk at allllll

We don't need big time consultants to reason this out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos / Photo: President Goodluck Jonathan Spotted Holding Meeting Without His Shoes / First Nig Speaker, An Igbo Man Saved "MANDELA" From Early Death, Predicted Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.