Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why This Interest In American Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why This Interest In American Politics (1254 Views)

Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca / Skulls And Bones ( Yale Secret Cult) And American Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why This Interest In American Politics by ndelta1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2008
It so much amaze me to see the World at Debate on the American Caucus Elections,

Not just debate but keen to see who wins the primaries and eventual president of America, I wonder what the situation looks like here in Nija,

My brothers and Sisters what do you think?
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by folahann(m): 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2008
The thing amusing me here is Nairaland's reaction, just look at the number of threads being opened just because of candidacy of another country. Bullshit America for that matter, I'm sure 99% of Americans don't even know the name of Nigerian President; they fucking don't care bout you but you waste your time debating 'bout them Bullshit
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by 4Him(m): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2008
its not BS folahan . . . a large percentage of NLers live in the US and consequently whoever becomes president of that country affects them too.

Secondly it is amazing to watch how beautiful democracy can be if only our leaders where not propelled by greed. For the first time in my life i now understand democracy as a government of the people and by the people for the people.

For a bigshot like Kennedy to back Obama and yet lose that state to Clinton? It would NEVER happen in Nigeria.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by ndelta1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2008
I FRIEND TOLD ME THAT,

AMERICA AS WORLD INFLUENCE,

THE TYPE OF LEADER THEY CHOOSE MATTERS TO OTHER PART OF THE WORLD,

BUSH HAS A BAD INFLUENCE ON THE MIDDLE EAST,

SO THERE WILL BE INTEREST IN THE POLITICS OF AMERICA DUE TO ITS (AMERICAN) POWER TO MAKE AND DISTROY HUMAN EXISTENCES
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2008
@n delta and folahann

Reasons for the interest:

1. Unlike elections in most countries like Nigeria which are characterized by thuggery, charms, violence, lies, bribery, federal character or quota system and unqualified candidates; US election is characterized by reasons, intelligence, character, eloquence, accuracy, organization and most importantly fair hearing and opportunity. (doesn't mean there are no flaws)

2. Most importantly, whoever wins the election, brings his new policies along.
US foreign and economic policies affect the whole world, stretching from New york, Dublin, Beijing, Darfur, Jerusalem, Fallujah to Port Harcourt.

3. Like for 4Him mentioned, most Nlanders are residents and citizens of USA.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2008
despite my likeness of OBAMA, I wonder too why Nigerians like americans that much while they (americans) are not reciprocating,
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2008
kentorito:

despite my likeness of OBAMA, I wonder too why Nigerians like americans that much while they (americans) are not reciprocating,

I'm not too sure Nigerians like Americans that much as you mentioned, i think what interest Nigerians and probably other nationals is America's environment; be it social, civil or economic. The American dream.

@topic

The fourth reason for the interest in American politics is the excellent and sophisticated American media coverage.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by folahann(m): 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2008
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by RichyBlacK(m): 2:13am On Feb 07, 2008
folahann:

[flash=450,370]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&rel=1[/flash]

Whoa! A land full of dolts!

Fortunately, if you restrict your conversations with Americans to mundane trivialities like America's Next Top Model or Britney Spears' latest antic, you'll be shielded from these levels of ignorance.

@topic,
American politics is very interesting. As far as I'm concerned, there are very few things in America that generate so much excitement, energy and wonder.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by folahann(m): 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2008
Yeah, that's undisputed. America is the most popular country in the world and may be regarded as the capital of the world.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by almondjoy(f): 12:09am On Feb 08, 2008
4Him:

its not BS folahan . . . a large percentage of NLers live in the US and consequently whoever becomes president of that country affects them too.

Secondly it is amazing to watch how beautiful democracy can be if only our leaders where not propelled by greed. For the first time in my life i now understand democracy as a government of the people and by the people for the people.

For a bigshot like Kennedy to back Obama and yet lose that state to Clinton? It would NEVER happen in Nigeria.

Thank you very much!  May God continue to add more and more regenerative qualities to your Nairaland and American lives!   You have given me a reason to visit this dead political section again.  Knock em dead davidylan!  Take no hostages! cheesy

Can you imagine what some people are writing here? Why am I surprised? When most people in Nigeria sit down and guzzle pammy from morning till night without thinking of their futures.  Any 5-star convicted armed robber can contest any election in Nigeria and rule the imbecilic populace without questions asked and now we can see how '"true" elections are being held in "normal" areas of this world.  Yet some people do not consider it significant?  Why am I not surprised I say?

When you are used to eating shit--anything else around your nose smells like shit of course!
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by davidif: 4:40am On Feb 08, 2008
@folahann
Keep decieving yourself, don't be jealous that they didn't give you visa to come here or that you couldn't afford it ha ha ha. Go to a village in naija or go ask a tout on the street of lagos those questions they asked in the video and i would be interested to know there answers.
By the way, most of the people in that video are not americans, they are australians and europeans, so ma tan ara e je.
Truth of the matter is that if the americans were as dumb as us they wouldn't have been able to put a man on the moon, they wouldn't have built the atomic bomb, they wouldn't have the best universities in the world (Caltech, MIT, Harvard etc), and they wouldn't have become the worlds most dominant superpower within a space of just 400 years.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by ndelta1(m): 8:40am On Feb 08, 2008
@davidif

Please note one thing that American built their own Country,

so you come home and build ur our Naija,

Stop bragging about America
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by Blatant: 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2008
n_delta:

@davidif

so you come home and build your our Naija,

WORD
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by texazzpete(m): 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Whoa! A land full of dolts!

Fortunately, if you restrict your conversations with Americans to mundane trivialities like America's Next Top Model or Britney Spears' latest antic, you'll be shielded from these levels of ignorance.

once upon a time you stated your beef existed only with George bush, not America. Why this level of antipathy?

If America was full of dolts, how do you see Nigeria since the US is way ahead of us technologically?
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by RichyBlacK(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2008
texazzpete:

once upon a time you stated your beef existed only with George bush, not America. Why this level of antipathy?

If America was full of dolts, how do you see Nigeria since the US is way ahead of us technologically?

Ogbe mi, I have no beef with Americans, I was just making a statement based on my observation. Did you see that video? There are tons of those on Youtube also. The statement was hinged on the glaring irony that such a superpower will have so many ignorant people, ignorant even about themselves! Happily, that irony can be resolved if you consider the possibility that a small percentage (~10%) are responsible for the technological advancement we see in God's own country.

In summary, my beef firmly remains with Bush and his cabal of death; I still love my fellow Americans. cool
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by folahann(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2008
n_delta:

@davidif

so you come home and build your our Naija,

Men! this is the best statement i've ever read on the politics section. So what do the run-aways want to say about this, anyway some peoeple regard as God's own country
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by almondjoy(f): 8:04am On Feb 09, 2008
folahann:

Men! this is the best statement i've ever read on the politics section. So what do the run-aways want to say about this, anyway some peoeple regard as God's own country

Nothing much to say at all.  America is our home! kiss  My children's home! So what am I doing anywhere else? undecided Take them to Nigeria to die from tribalism and corruption? No be by force abeg! We dash una Nigeria. kiss But we will keep Nairaland--for very obvious reasons. Most importantly, we don't have to deal with you guys if we don't want to.

In God We Trust!
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by davidif: 9:33am On Feb 09, 2008
@folahann
come back and do wetin and get killed by armed robbers? yeeeeah right. una go wait for me tire.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by McKren(m): 10:33am On Feb 09, 2008
It does not get more emotional than that. If it was in Nigeria people will be going on pilgrimage to Adedibu and his thugs where they will be wielding cutlasses and guns to show off their strength.

This is why it is interesting to follow American politics.

Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by Inkwazi: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2008
Why the interest?
When America sneezes, we all catch the cold,
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by RichyBlacK(m): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2008
folahann:

@folahann,

My brother, don't blame all the "run-aways", Nigeria is not very friendly to young people who work hard but have no "connections". In America, a young Nigerian can do very well with zero connections whatsoever. Armed with a solid education and a good sense of ethics, the sky is almost the limit (almost until my fellow brother wins the presidency grin). In Nigeria, you go beg, you go prostrate, you go @#$%$@, you go &%&&$, you go @*%%$* cry

But I still agree with you that we Nigerians are responsible for Nigeria's development.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by 4Play(m): 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2008
You people are funny.

almondjoy,davidif and RichyBlack. . . . . . you are all responding to a Nigerian(folahann) who lives in Ghana!What is he doing in Ghana?I would rather stay in Nigeria than live in any other African country.
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by folahann(m): 10:40pm On Feb 09, 2008
What do you meanGhana is more peaceful than Nigeria,
though i've a reason I'm in Ghana; not far away from home though

Please note one thing that American built their own Country
Re: Why This Interest In American Politics by ndelta1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2008
Nigerdelta na my country Edo na my State oooooo

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Like Da Naija Police? / A Question For The Moderator: RichyBlacK / Help! My Son And I Are In Great Danger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.