Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital (16760 Views)

Governors Describe EFCC Boss, Magu As Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Flashback: What Commissioner Of Police Joseph Mbu Did To Amaechi Under Jonathan / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by McCarlito(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2015

The Commissioner of Police and Commandant, Nigeria Police College, Ikeja, CP Tunde Sobulor is dead, reports the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

CP Sobulor died on Friday in Atlanta Georgia, United States of America, after a protracted illness.

The eldest son of the late Commissioner, Mr Robert Sobulor, who confirmed the death, told NAN at the police that he got the news around midnight Nigerian time.

He said his sister, Laila, who was with their father in the U.S. called to inform him of his death while he was already sleeping in Nigeria.

Sobulor Jrn said his father would be buried in Atlanta Georgia after a family meeting currently going on.

”The vacuum my father’s death has created cannot be filled in the family and his profession.

”He was dedicated to the police profession and his family. He was an operational person.

”He usually say to me: think, when you think, you carry out the action,” he said.

Speaking also with NAN, the immediate younger brother to late CP Sobulor , Alhaji Kamarudeen Shomide described him as a great loss to the family.

Shomide said the late commissioner loved his family and his profession, stressing that they would miss his brotherly love.

”He was so dear to us. I am talking to you now with heavy heart as a man. He died young at about 58 years,” he said.

A nephew to the late commissioner, Folahan Sobulor said he would be remembered for his mentorship and teaching.

Folahan said they were together towards the end of the commissioner’s life before he travelled to The US. for treatment.

”He has always be a fatherly figure to me. My dad is his immediate senior brother. He created a name that is like umbrella to us all.

”He was an extremely dedicated officer to his work. I cherished the moment where we have disagreement and later agreed,” Folahan said.

NAN observed that the Nigeria Police Flag at the police college, Ikeja, was flown at half mast.

Some family members and friends were seen in different groups at his official residence discussing the development.

Late CP Sobulor was promoted to the rank of Commissioner of Police and posted to Ikeja police college in 2014.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/ikeja-police-college-commissioner-sobulor-dies-in-american-hospital/
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Swash042(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
RIP

Finally FTC tongue
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
RIP

1 Like

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by koxi: 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2015
So sad......

1 Like

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Republlican(f): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2015
RIP to the dead but the money they used in going to America for medical treatment would have been used to develop our hospitals.
www.twitter.com/lingeriecity

5 Likes

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by McCarlito(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
And ever since his demise; the environment of police college ikeja has been heavily placed on surveillance.... No illegal entry, loittering and waiting... Offenders are consequently detained becos the death was a surprise to all College Staff....
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by kennyman2000(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
imagine, after all their corrupt acts in Nigeria and how undeveloped they made the country..

They're still not buried in Nigeria..
Chai.. Nigeria done suffer...

Rest in peace if u didnt contribute to Nigeria's problem but Rest in pieces if u did...

7 Likes

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Bacteriocin(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
RIP

1 Like

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
R.I.H

ROT IN HELL
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by timilehin007(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
rip da grin wishing u alkiama

1 Like

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by khassy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2015
I don't know why news of a policeman dying seems to excite me and make me happy... the way they kill people should be responsible for that

finding it hard to even say RIP while remembering the stupid policeman that made me pay 3k while taking my laptop to school cus I wasn't with the receipt... mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww

omo ale jati jati undecidedundecided
MODIFIED
to all the people quoting me

I wasn't insulting the dead man.. I was insulting the hediot policeman who collected my 3K

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by hok4u(f): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
RIP
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Novaworld(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2015
RIP to the dead
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by donbugy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by damton(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
Rip . serviceman . yoruba devotion and patriotism will forever be appreciated.
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by emmanuel596(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
They will fall sick in Nigeria and go for treatment elsewhere

Rip to the dead he should have drank agbo
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by omonla555: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Stale news
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
kennyman2000:
imagine, after all their corrupt acts in Nigeria and how undeveloped they made the country..

They're still not buried in Nigeria..
Chai.. Nigeria done suffer...

Rest in peace if u didnt contribute to Nigeria's problem but Rest in pieces if u did...

And you will still scream corruption when they spend whooping sum of money to import corpse to Nigeria...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
Wetin concern me
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by asumo12: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
are u fucking kidding me?

i was with him last month nah!

shocked shocked shocked

BRB lemme confirm this...
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by sirxbit(m): 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
Republlican:
RIP to the dead but the money they used in going to America for medical treatment would have been used to develop our hospitals.
na u work the money for he pocket abi?
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by damton(m): 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
khassy:
I don't know why news of a policeman dying seems to excite me and make me happy... the way they kill people should be responsible for that

finding it hard to even say RIP while remembering the stupid policeman that made me pay 3k while taking my laptop to school cus I wasn't with the receipt... mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww

That is not a good reason to insult the memory of the dead. perhaps not on this occasion.
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by asumo12: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
i wish u knew him well sha!

khassy:

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
so sad...
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by sukkot: 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

thank God another sudwaste thief don delete.
rest in piss
shocked grin the hate is strong

1 Like

Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by TheBossLadyK(f): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
[i][/i][b][/b][right][/right]RIP
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
sukkot:
shocked grin the hate is strong

I hate people who hate me and my people.
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by tellwisdom: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
Picture of the chibizor? sad
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by free2ryhme: 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital by dapsonlou(m): 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
He Was A great Police officers, his Name send shivers down armed Robbers body. You Will Surely be Missed Broda Tunde

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians / Abacha Loot: FG Secretly Pays Malami’s Lawyers ‘Dubious’ $15m Fees - The Cable / PDP Senators-elect Meet Over Leadership Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.