Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah (14966 Views)

The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' / Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia / Ayatollah Khomeini's Book On Sex: For Shias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by vedaxcool(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
There is the story of a Sunni Imam who gave a speech in front of a Shia mosque. He began the speech by praising the Ayatollah of the Shia mosque and declaring his undying love for him. After this, the Sunni Imam began insulting the Ayatollah’s wife and declared her to be a Kaffir, Fasiq, Munafiqh, Nasibi, and an enemy of Islam.

The Ayatollah rushed outside and began yelling at the Sunni Imam. The Sunni Imam responded, “but I love you, dear Ayatollah!”

To which the Shia Ayatollah responded with, “then why do you insult my wife?”

The Sunni Imam calmly replied: “I love you, but I am against your wife who is an imprudent, inappropriate, and hateful woman.”

The Shia Ayatollah raised his fist in the air and said: “By Allah, if you hate my wife, then you hate me! My wife is my beloved!”

The Sunni Imam said: “She is my enemy. May Allah curse her!”

The Shia Ayatollah was rightfully incensed: “By Allah, I cannot stand for such slander. May Allah curse you! An enemy of my wife is an enemy of me! By Allah, I wish to kill you!”

The Sunni Imam then said: “O Shia, you reject the love of those who hate your wife. So then, why do you think the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) will accept your love for him when you hate his wife and insult her, calling her a Kaffir, Fasiq, Munafiqh, Nasibi, and an enemy of Islam?”

To this, the Shia Ayatollah was left speechless.

Indeed, no man allows others to slander his wife, and the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) is the one with the most Gheerah (protective “jealousy”) in regards to his wives. If the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) heard the things which the Shia say about Aisha (رضّى الله عنها), no doubt the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) would be furious.

Hurting the feelings of the Prophet’s wives (رضّى الله عنهم) is hurting the feelings of the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم). In fact, this methdology of targetting the Prophet’s wives (رضّى الله عنهم) was used by the Munafiqoon (hypocrites) to hurt the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) in the incident of al-Ifk: they insulted Aisha (رضّى الله عنها) in order to insult the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) by extension.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by vedaxcool(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
I hope people learn from the above story!

In addition people generally show respect to the wives

The Americans bestow respect upon their president, and one way they do this is by extending this respect to his wife, whom they refer to as the First Lady of America. Historically, the British have bestowed respect on the wife of their king. Surely, the respect bestowed upon the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) by the Muslims should far surpass the respect the Americans give to the President, or the British have given to the King.

If the Americans have the decency to respect the First Lady of America, and if the British have the decency to respect the Queen of England, then surely the Muslims should have the decency to respect Aisha (رضّى الله عنها), the First Lady of Islam. All government officials address the First Lady of America with respect; but do we see the Ayatollahs (the officials of the Shia religion) addressing the First Lady of Islam with respect? Instead, they call her a Kaffir [the Imam of Kufr], Fasiq, Munafiqh, Nasibi, and an enemy of Islam.

Insulting or harming the Prophet’s wife (رضّى الله عنها) is insulting and harming the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) himself. Even the man with the least amount of chivalry and self-respect would not allow people to insult his wife, and this includes the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم).

for those who claim the negative you might want to watch these video and even the actions of a certain individual has before called for caution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrxAw6ollqQ
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
I really don't know whether to laugh at the above plagiarism or to cry.

Vedaxcool,please try and be putting the source of the Nasibi website you quote from to attack the Shia,at a time the children of Gaza are been butchered by zionist jews.

I'm not sure if to laugh at the above or to cry for Vedaxcool.I've thought you're smarter than such comedy grin

Do you really believe the above Sunni nonsense a 10 year old Shia kid can refute would leave an Ayatollah speechless? Do you really believe that? Or have you blocked your senses?

Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Was Aisha the only wife of the Prophet (sa)?

2. Do the Shia dislike all the wives of the Prophet (sa)?

3. Why is Aisha singled out while the Shia love many other wives of the Prophet (sa)?

4. Was Aisha ever condemned by Allah (swt) in the Quran?

5. Did the Prophet (sa) ever rebuke her? List the instances.

6. Did she ever hurt the Prophet (sa) in his lifetime ?

7. Did she disobey the Prophet (sa) after his death and go against his will?

8. Is she responsible for killing Muslims or not?

9. Did she lead a battle against the "Imam of her time" or not?

10. What is the ruling according to Sunni jurisprudence on someone who revolt against the ruler?

11. Can you still regard Aisha as holy and righteous or rebellious,wicked,sinful,disbelieving and treacherous?

12. Is there any rationale or rule in Islam that a wife of a Prophet (sa) cannot go astray?

13. How many wives of prophets that are condemned and damned in the Quran?

14. If Muhammad (sa) said he would cut even the hands of his beloved daughter if she is caught stealing,to uphold the law of God,why do you think the Prophet (sa) would resort to emotions when it comes to one of his many wives?

15. Is a good righteous wife the same as a bad wife? Then why is it "insult" if the Shia Muslims simply state facts of history (without hiding any detail) agreed upon by all Muslims (including Sunnis) when it comes to Aisha and her role in the past?

16. Do Sunnis live in denial because Aisha was the Prophet's (sa) wife or because she was Abu Bakr's daughter?
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
LagosShia: 13. How many wives of prophets that are condemned and damned in the Quran?

Chineke meehh!!!!

Abeg which part of the Quran was Aisha damned? ? ?
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by ParisLove2(f): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
fellis:

Chineke meehh!!!!

grin grin grin Some brotherly fight going on here, i sure don't wanna get involved....but Allah threatened to damn Aisha when she rebelled against the Prophet(P.B.U.H) when he had a thing with Mariyah with divorce see 66;5, with hellfire 66:11 and then in....i think I'll stop here tongue
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
Paris-Love:

grin grin grin Some brotherly fight going on here, i sure don't wanna get involved....but Allah threatened to damn Aisha when she rebelled against the Prophet(P.B.U.H) when he had a thing with Mariyah with divorce see 66;5, with hellfire 66:11 and then in....i think I'll stop here tongue

[66:5] Maybe if he were to divorce you, your Lord might grant him in exchange wives better than you - those who truly submit to Allah, are full of faith, obedient, disposed to repentance, and given to worship and fasting - both previously wedded ones and virgins.

[66:11] Allah has set forth for the believers the parable of Pharaoh's wife. She prayed: "My Lord, build for me a house with You in Paradise and deliver me from Pharaoh and his misdeeds; and deliver me from the iniquitous people."

These verses are not damning anyone now, or don't you know the meaning of damnation?

dam·na·tion [dam náysh'n]
noun (plural dam·na·tions)
1. condemnation: in religious beliefs, condemnation to hell or eternal punishment
2. punishment: in religious beliefs, eternal punishment in hell
3. sin: in religious beliefs, something that causes condemnation to hell or eternal punishment

1 Like

Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
fellis:

Chineke meehh!!!!

I hope you can read clearly and nothing is wrong with your eyesight.

Question 13 refers to the wives of Prophet Noah and Prophet Lot (as),both of whom are damned in the Quran and used as reference to warn Aisha and Hafsa,while in comparison the wife of the disbelieving Pharoah is described as worthy of emulation for her good morals and belief in God.it is been used to as a reference point to refute the Sunni approach of making it look impossible that a prophet's wife could go astray.

The Shia position on Aisha or anyone whose character is doubtful is not to appraise or extol such people but rather to either avoid such characters or to examine all the facts.you will hardly witness Sunnis talk of Aisha anything but what would give her an image of "sainthood" or "holiness".they totally ignore what is in the Quran on her,that doesn't show her in good light;her role in the battle of Jamal;and her behaviour even when the Prophet (sa) was alive.the refusal by the Shia to sweep under the carpet some facts of history which the Sunnis themselves acknowledge,is what frustrates them to accuse the Shia of "insulting" Aisha.all Sunnis have on Aisha,even going as far as creating silly arguments to justify her,are angelic things;when in reality that wasn't the case.the matter must be one completely based on reality and facts rather than emotions and wishes.

As for Aisha,please check Surat Tahreem.or reviewthe below thread where islamophobes are insulting the Prophet (sa) presently because of Aisha's (and also Hafsa's) behaviour toward the Prophet (sa).In Surat Tahreem she (alongside Hafsa,daughter of Umar) are warned.furthermore are described as "their hearts have swayed (from faith)".thereafter,there is no verse revealed to vindicate or free them or to indicate their repentance as the Quran have absolved others.and that is divine wisdom as Aisha did go against the orders of the Prophet (sa) after his death and launched the battle of Jamal,which led to the spilling of muslim blood.to conclude,I have not said in this thread that Aisha is damned.that decision ultimately belongs to God.however we examine the facts without fear or favor,as they happened,and we are not ready to hide anything in order to rewrite history.

https://www.nairaland.com/1087063/why-did-muhammad-threaten-divorce
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
^ tl;dr
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
@Those zionist that made the evil film acted that Aisha and Hafsa part,its so annoying.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by Sweetnecta: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
@paris love: please dont let the love of paris and the attitude sarkozy cloud your judgment

even when you take 66/4, 5 into account, Allah has shown Mercy on the wives [ra] of the messenger [sa] by warning and pointing out their fault at that time. verse 66/6 clearly shows that there is Mercy open to them since they were part of the family at that time
O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are [appointed] angels, harsh and severe; they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them but do what they are commanded.
, even till the end of the life of the beloved noble and holy prophet [sa].

Allah says the wives are unlike any woman/women. The messenger [sa] would have not have been allowed to spend his life, even dying as husband of disbelievers and or hypocrites.

Allah stated that He Himself is not shy. There is no reason that Allah would not clearly condemn and reject and sack from the home of His Beloved evil spouses. Allah warned and warning is Mercy. Allah condemned the wives of Noah and Lot and let the husbands know the end of these women, including the son of Lot who Allah severed from the family of prophet Lot [as].

Those who Allah have had Mercy on does not mean they could not err. When Allah warns them you know He has not closed the Door of Mercy and the fact that these wives [ra] were in the house of the messenger [sa] is a sign and may Allah give the Muslims knowledge of wisdom and you paris love to receive guidance before death. Amin.

2 Likes

Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by maclatunji: 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
@LagosShia, you must know the Prophet's wives more than him. I mean who better to tell us about the "faults" of the Prophet's wives than LagosShia? He knows them better than all of us put together.

"Don't believe that Aishat and Hafsat are honoured because Lagosshia says so and your eternal salvation depends on it?" tongue.

#Laughable
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by maclatunji: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sweetnecta: @paris love: please dont let the love of paris and the attitude sarkozy cloud your judgment

even when you take 66/4, 5 into account, Allah has shown Mercy on the wives [ra] of the messenger [sa] by warning and pointing out their fault at that time. verse 66/6 clearly shows that there is Mercy open to them since they were part of the family at that time , even till the end of the life of the beloved noble and holy prophet [sa].

Allah says the wives are unlike any woman/women. The messenger [sa] would have not have been allowed to spend his life, even dying as husband of disbelievers and or hypocrites.

Allah stated that He Himself is not shy. There is no reason that Allah would not clearly condemn and reject and sack from the home of His Beloved evil spouses. Allah warned and warning is Mercy. Allah condemned the wives of Noah and Lot and let the husbands know the end of these women, including the son of Lot who Allah severed from the family of prophet Lot [as].

Those who Allah have had Mercy on does not mean they could not err. When Allah warns them you know He has not closed the Door of Mercy and the fact that these wives [ra] were in the house of the messenger [sa] is a sign and may Allah give the Muslims knowledge of wisdom and you paris love to receive guidance before death. Amin.

My brother, you are minding him. He is like a toddler when he starts. As for the parisian, her obsession with attacking Islam will do wonders in her life, just observe.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
maclatunji: @LagosShia, you must know the Prophet's wives more than him. I mean who better to tell us about the "faults" of the Prophet's wives than LagosShia? He knows them better than all of us put together.

"Don't believe that Aishat and Hafsat are honoured because Lagosshia says so and your eternal salvation depends on it?" tongue.

#Laughable

Stop being fake!

The character displayed by Aisha and Hafsat are there in Sunni books.I don't know them at all.I know what I read.and there is Sunni and Shia views on such issues.and I agree the Shia view makes more sense and is in line with the Quran.

If you want to take these things objectively,good for you.you can build on the little I know and I've shared here instead of trying to sound comical.you're just making a fool out of yourself as you always do on contentious issues you cannot defend or when you don't want to admit the obvious.I took my time to explain my views,at least as a Shia.take your time and explain your own views whether as a Sunni or just as Maclatunji.stop living in denial.

You either support the Prophet (sa) or you allow islamophobes like "paris-hate" to tamper with Sunni texts and try to attack the image of the Prophet (sa) thanks to the ignorance,jealousy and rebellious character of Aisha and Hafsa.

And please stop the generalization.don't use the term "wives of the Prophet" when addressing me because I'm only discussing Aisha here as the OP dictate and to a lesser extent Hafsa.all the other wives of the Prophet (sa) are role models and symbols of modesty,chastity,and piety.I've also told you before not to generalize by using the term "sahaba".the issues have to do with individuals.so stop grouping.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by sino(m): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2012
...and didnt Allah(SWT) exonerated Aisha(ra) in the Qur'an(Q24 vs 11-22) when she was slandered?

The wives of Prophet Nuh and Lot never believed, they belied the prophets of Allah(swt) even though they were married to them. Aisha(ra) believed the message and worked with the prophet(saw) in propagating Islam we muslims enjoy today.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 12:23am On Nov 20, 2012
Sweetnecta: @paris love: please dont let the love of paris and the attitude sarkozy cloud your judgment

even when you take 66/4, 5 into account, Allah has shown Mercy on the wives [ra] of the messenger [sa] by warning and pointing out their fault at that time. verse 66/6 clearly shows that there is Mercy open to them since they were part of the family at that time , even till the end of the life of the beloved noble and holy prophet [sa].
In the Surah,those are told to repent because "it is better for them".

They are also described as "their hearts have swayed away (from faith).show us where those two are report to have repented.please there is nothing wrong if out of over 9 wives,2 are disobedient and their character isn't according to the teachings of Islam.this has nothing to do with the Prophet (s).every soul shall be judged by God on its own.

They are unlike other women because they should be role models.

To say that the Messenger (sa) would not have been associated with them if they were bad,is questioning God and the Quran.you don't have to feel threatened by that islamophobe and pieace of sh*t whose nightmare is Islam.both Islam and christianity makes it clear that being the wife of a prophet doesn't exempt a woman from sin,blame,guilt,wrongful act,and punishment.the wives of Lot and Noah are clear examples.

Moreover,from the Quran,we see the possibility of punishment for Aisha and Hafsa.since they are told that they are not like ordinary women (and should therefore behave themselves),they are also told that if they don't change their punishment would be double! So where on earth did you get the idea that being a wife or even a son would prevent a human being from being a disbeliever or hypocrite?

Provide us where they repented and they are absolved of the verses rebuking them.

You said "those Allah have had mercy on does not mean they could not err".yet you deny that these two wives could still be disbelievers or hypocrites.what do you mean by "err"? Can we classify hurting the Prophet (sa),disobeying him and fighting war against his command as "err"? If so,good.but you should stop short of acting as the "spokesman" of God.you don't know whether God has forgiven them.I'm sure you don't know either if the Prophet (sa) had said anything about them before his death.I've stated quite clearly that I'm not here acting as God's spokesman to sentence anyone to hell.whether God sends Aisha to hell or not is not for us to decide.but you too should not send her to paradise and declare God's mercy upon her.let us examine the facts and not shy away from what she did-all that she did,both good and bad.since her character is questionable,don't use tactics to justify her or absolve her of those ill-actions for any reason.let the facts speak and God ultimately will decide her fate.but don't try to conceal facts,justify her,angelize her and accuse others of "insulting" her,just because we are stating what happened and what she's recorded to have done.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 12:36am On Nov 20, 2012
sino: ...and didnt Allah(SWT) exonerated Aisha(ra) in the Qur'an(Q24 vs 11-22) when she was slandered?
Good point!
Thanks for the reference.

When she was slandered,it was mentioned in the Quran in Surat an-Nur and she was vindicated.

In Surat Tahreem,she (alongside Hafsa) was described as "their hearts have swayed (from faith" ) and they are warned to repent or receive double punishment.show us a similar verse like what we have in Surat Nur,where she is vindicated for Surat Tahreem.nothing! She went on to disobey the will of the Prophet (sa,fought a battle that spilled muslim blood after the Prophet's (sa) demise and she revolted against her Imam of the time/Wali al-Amr.and do you expect us to look over these facts and justify her? Or we simply examine the facts without giving her a halo?

The wives of Prophet Nuh and Lot never believed, they belied the prophets of Allah(swt) even though they were married to them. Aisha(ra) believed the message and worked with the prophet(saw) in propagating Islam we muslims enjoy today.

So two prophets of Allah married disbelievers? Here you go Sweetnecta! One more contradiction,all to defend the daughter of Abu Bakr against the facts of history while no one is making anything up against her.why try to exonerate her? For us,simply examining the facts is enough and we have no need to sentence to hell.why not you too just examine the facts without trying to right her wrongs and send her to paradise?

The only crime the wives of Noah and Lot (as) committed is disbelief and they are described as "betrayong or belying" their husbands.however a prophet of Allah (swt) will not marry a polytheist except she was an hypocrite concealing her disbelief from him,and Allah (swt) allows that to make her a sign and lesson for other to learn from.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by Sweetnecta: 2:35am On Nov 20, 2012
@Lagosshia: May Allah keep us on His Path. Amin.

I am a firm believer that the best of the best was Muhammad [sa] and Allah would not make him remain till the end of his life with a spouse that is a hypocrite or an outright disbeliever. No sir, because Allah loves Muhammad [sa] the most and He corrected all that may be a thing of impurity in his life: those of his blood that were disbelievers, like Abu Lahab and his wife were made never to receive guidance.

Allah would not have allowed a person who will end up in hell touch the body of the messenger [sa] when he had passed. Allah would never have allowed any woman to remain his wife until his death if she was to end up being a disbeliever. Yet kept her integrity as a wife of the prophet [sa] till her death. While I am not second guessing or anything, a woman who never married after the death of her husband cant be regarded as someone to be defamed.

While other prophets [as] had wives and even offspring that were disbelievers, Allah did not let either happened to the prophet [sa].

Again, if my wife did not offend anyone, if I learned somebody took up enmity against her, watch out. The enemy of my wife is clearly on the way to being my enemy if not already.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by maclatunji: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2012
^Lagosshia can write an encyclopedia if he wants, it won't change the fact that he is wrong. tongue .

Let us all give Lagosshia the telling-off he deserves. He who insults the Prophet's wife has insulted the Prophet (SAW), there is no 2-way approach to it.

Lagosshia, you are hereby declared as a myopic, selfish, arrogant, obstinate and misguided fellow who would do well to retrace his steps and ask for Allah's forgiveness.

May Allah guide and forgive us all.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by sino(m): 9:32am On Nov 20, 2012
LagosShia:
Good point!
Thanks for the reference.
You are welcome

LagosShia:
When she was slandered,it was mentioned in the Quran in Surat an-Nur and she was vindicated.

In Surat Tahreem,she (alongside Hafsa) was described as "their hearts have swayed (from faith" ) and they are warned to repent or receive double punishment.show us a similar verse like what we have in Surat Nur,where she is vindicated for Surat Tahreem.nothing! She went on to disobey the will of the Prophet (sa,fought a battle that spilled muslim blood after the Prophet's (sa) demise and she revolted against her Imam of the time/Wali al-Amr.and do you expect us to look over these facts and justify her? Or we simply examine the facts without giving her a halo?
I will InshAllah read the tafsir of surah Tahrim to get the full gist.
Well, i find it hard to believe that after Allah(swt) had warned them(ra), they continue with such a swayed heart. I hope you do believe that our Iman grows and diminish?

LagosShia:
So two prophets of Allah married disbelievers? Here you go Sweetnecta! One more contradiction,all to defend the daughter of Abu Bakr against the facts of history while no one is making anything up against her.why try to exonerate her? For us,simply examining the facts is enough and we have no need to sentence to hell.why not you too just examine the facts without trying to right her wrongs and send her to paradise?

The only crime the wives of Noah and Lot (as) committed is disbelief and they are described as "betrayong or belying" their husbands.however a prophet of Allah (swt) will not marry a polytheist except she was an hypocrite concealing her disbelief from him,and Allah (swt) allows that to make her a sign and lesson for other to learn from.
Hypocrisy do not just spring up all of a sudden, and Allah(SWT) would not praise a person in the Qur'an and such a person is a hypocrite or such a person will fall short afterwards...the Qur'an is meant to be a guide till eternity. The matter of the wives of prophet Noah and Lout had been concluded by Allah and made them examples for the whole ummah to learn from.
We can talk about looking at facts, but what better fact is there other than the Qur'an?
I am not saying she is infallible, but i'll rather let Allah(swt) be the Judge. Its better to be safe than sorry.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2012
sino:
You are welcome

I will InshAllah read the tafsir of surah Tahrim to get the full gist.
Well, i find it hard to believe that after Allah(swt) had warned them(ra), they continue with such a swayed heart. I hope you do believe that our Iman grows and diminish?
Diminish and grow is a natural process.but when it dimishes to the extent that you have left faith or "swayed away from faith",that means you're knocking on the door of disbelief and you must make a quick U-turn!

Hypocrisy do not just spring up all of a sudden, and Allah(SWT) would not praise a person in the Qur'an and such a person is a hypocrite or such a person will fall short afterwards...the Qur'an is meant to be a guide till eternity. The matter of the wives of prophet Noah and Lout had been concluded by Allah and made them examples for the whole ummah to learn from.
We can talk about looking at facts, but what better fact is there other than the Qur'an?
I am not saying she is infallible, but i'll rather let Allah(swt) be the Judge. Its better to be safe than sorry.

That is not the issue.did Allah (swt) allow two of His prophets to marry two polytheists? Yes or no?
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2012
maclatunji: ^Lagosshia can write an encyclopedia if he wants, it won't change the fact that he is wrong. tongue .

Let us all give Lagosshia the telling-off he deserves. He who insults the Prophet's wife has insulted the Prophet (SAW), there is no 2-way approach to it.

Lagosshia, you are hereby declared as a myopic, selfish, arrogant, obstinate and misguided fellow who would do well to retrace his steps and ask for Allah's forgiveness.

May Allah guide and forgive us all.

1.Nobody is insulting anyone.we list the facts as they happened.but Sunnis are not please with that.Aisha must be portrayed ONLY as an angel.

2. The wives of Noah and Lot (as) are dwellers of hell,accursed and damned.am I "insulting" Noah and Lot (as)? Or are they less of prophets than our beloved Prophet Muhammad (sa)?

thanks for the kind words! The fact is bad habit die hard.you're not taught how to judge by the truth.you're taught how to judge the truth by names.that is not Islam you're following.it is a part of Sunnism not agreeable to Islam.

Imam Ali (as) said: "know the truth and you will know who follow it".he didn't say to know who follows it to know the truth.
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by BetaThings: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2012
^^^^^

I don't think you should take offence at harsh words
You often complain about taking issues personal but your record is "rich"

LagosShia: ^
I know you're not well,but no time in this thread to cure you or give you further treatment.

LagosShia:
.are you not mentally unbalanced?

LagosShia:

How I wish you can find brain to buy one!

Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by BetaThings: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2012
This should resolve this matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFuZz7x4csA
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 10:33am On Nov 20, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Lagosshia: May Allah keep us on His Path. Amin.
Ameen!

I am a firm believer that the best of the best was Muhammad [sa] and Allah would not make him remain till the end of his life with a spouse that is a hypocrite or an outright disbeliever. No sir, because Allah loves Muhammad [sa] the most and He corrected all that may be a thing of impurity in his life: those of his blood that were disbelievers, like Abu Lahab and his wife were made never to receive guidance.
A spouse? She was one of many.what are you trying to say? It seems along with the prophethood of Muhammad (sa) came many other "prophets" among his wives and companions for Sunnis.

Allah would not have allowed a person who will end up in hell touch the body of the messenger [sa] when he had passed. Allah would never have allowed any woman to remain his wife until his death if she was to end up being a disbeliever. Yet kept her integrity as a wife of the prophet [sa] till her death. While I am not second guessing or anything, a woman who never married after the death of her husband cant be regarded as someone to be defamed.

"Allah would not have allowed a person who will end up in hell touch the body of the messenger [sa]".

The above actually made me scream! Honestly where did you get that from? From the Quran or just plain imagination? You have prophets whose children that came from their flesh and blood who were disbelievers.

Besides,no one here have sent Aisha to hell.the issue is not going to hell.it is examining the facts and concluding that Aisha was not a role model for Muslim women today.examine the facts and her actions.from her fabricated 9 year old marriage (she was evidently older when the Prophet married her),to the publicity she was the only virgin wife of the Prophet (sa) and to the false idea she was the "favorite wife"-while her own words clearly shows she wasn't the favorite-are all campaign to cover her ill-actions and give her more solid credit than she deserves.why don't Sunnis on friday sermon talk about the battle of Jamal and how she went against the will of the Prophet (sa),after his death,to battle? Why don't they tell us about Surat Tahreem? Isn't that part of the Quran? We can also learn from the wrong actions of others so we don't repeat them.why don't they tell us how she tried to jeopardize the reign of Imam Ali (as) and unjustly declared a destructive war on him?

It is Sunnis who have gone ahead to give her a free ticket and visa to paradise.just for being a wife of the Prophet (sa) have blinded them from reality and prevents them from examining all that happened.this is either some sort of a corrupt plan to give merits and forget the other side,or simply wrong and devoid of reality.

While other prophets [as] had wives and even offspring that were disbelievers, Allah did not let either happened to the prophet [sa].
Interesting!

You know something Sweetnecta,if Aisha was to be punished in the time of Noah (as),the punishment would be instant.ever since the coming of the Prophet (sa) of mercy,Muhammad (sa),the completion and perfection of religion and the revelation of the Quran,you don't hear of a stone falling from the sky to knock someone's head.that is a mercy of the coming of Muhammad (sa).we are given respite till Qiyama.even if we suffer in this world and are also punished in different ways that appear natural and through the cause of things,dramatic scenes like someone turning into dust don't have.such direct divine anger to serve as a "sign" no longer take place.the religion is complete and all the signs are there for us to ponder upon.

So we are not judging in terms of hell or paradise and we are not passing a verdict of disbelief.and such things are difficult because a person might believe outwardly with his lips while he disbelieves inwardly.

You don't have to feel threatened when the facts of Aisha's past are touches.you don't either have to conceal certain things to give her the angelic image you wish for.the earlier facts are treated for what they are,the better for our faith and for the religion of Islam,as the only path instituted and designed by Almighty God to save man from damnation.

Again, if my wife did not offend anyone, if I learned somebody took up enmity against her, watch out. The enemy of my wife is clearly on the way to being my enemy if not already.
"If she didn't offend anyone"! I love that.I'm impressed with your words of caution.and if she offends someone,and another person says she offended that one,is that something you'd be offended with?
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by BetaThings: 11:13am On Nov 20, 2012
LagosShia:
Besides,no one here have sent Aisha to hell.

So we are not judging in terms of hell or paradise and we are not passing a verdict of disbelief.and such things are difficult because a person might believe outwardly with his lips while he disbelieves inwardly.

you don't either have to conceal certain things to give her the angelic image you wish for.the earlier facts are treated for what they are,the better for our faith and for the religion of Islam,as the only path instituted and designed by Almighty God to save man from damnation.
We don't have to conceal the fact that Shias have judged people and have sent Aisha, Umar, Abu Bakr and many more to hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnwJVURgEvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IozVNwJNy04
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by vedaxcool(m): 11:17am On Nov 20, 2012
The Qur'an

The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) was actually extremely sensitive about his wives, and Allah thus warned the believers about hurting them. His wives were considered so precious that Allah instructed the believers to talk to them from behind a screen and He also forbade anyone from marrying them after the Prophet’s death: “When you ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a screen. That is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. It is not for you to cause injury to the Messenger of Allah, or ever marry his wives after him. To do that would be something dreadful in the sight of Allah.” (Quran 33:53) If the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) was so sensitive about his wives, then we can only guess at what his response would be towards those Ayatollahs alive today who malign them.

A rule of thumb in Islam is that we should treat our brothers like we want ourselves to be treated. Thus, before anyone insults the Prophet’s wife, one should first allow others to insult one’s own wife. If he does not allow others to insult his own wife, then we wonder why he feels so comfortable insulting the wife of the greatest man ever born.

[b]The Quran itself serves as a testament to the fact that Aisha (رضّى الله عنها) and the rest of the Prophet’s wives are righteous Muslims. In fact, the Shariah as expounded through the Quran declares that Muslims are forbidden to marry people who are not righteous. Allah demands in the Quran: “Marry those among you who are single and the righteous ones among yourselves, male or female.” (Quran 24:32) This is a command, in the imperative form of Arabic; even the Shia Ulema forbid their followers from marrying unrighteous women. To say that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) would go against his own laws and marry a bad and unrighteous woman is undoubtedly Kufr! Ayatollah Khomeini said: “It is forbidden in Islam to marry the Fasiqoon (sinners).” So we ask this Ayatollah: is he accusing the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) of sinning by marrying one of the Fasiqoon?

Allah further declares: “Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. Good women are for good men and good men are for good women.” (Quran, 24:26) So if the Shia Ayatollahs say that Aisha (رضّى الله عنها) is bad, then this means that the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) is also bad! The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) is good, so he can only marry those who are good. And the most interesting thing about this verse, 24:26, is that it was revealed in the incident of al-Ifk which was about Aisha (رضّى الله عنها). Hence, there should be absolutely no confusion on the matter of Aisha’s noble character (رضّى الله عنها).

Allah further says: “They (wives) are like garments for you, and you are like garments for them.” (Quran, 2:187) In the Tafseer, both Sunni and Shia Ulema say that this means that husbands should hide the faults of their wives, and vice/versa. Hence, the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) was a covering for Aisha (رضّى الله عنها), protecting her from slander and insults. Indeed, if the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) were alive today, he would defend Aisha (رضّى الله عنها) and refute the malicious lies levied against her. In fact, Allah commands the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) to be a protector and maintainer of his wives: “Men are the protectors and maintainers of women.” (Quran, 3:34)[/b]

Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by LagosShia: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2012
To know the Shia position from the mouth of a Shia Muslim scholar:

"Discussing the Sensitive Topic of Aisha in the Shia Doctrine", by Sayed Ammar Nakshawani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6I_LEQmvI
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by maclatunji: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2012
^Yawns... What truth are you presenting? There is only one truth, she was the Prophet's wife, was held in high esteem by the Prophet's companions after his death. Yeah! She led a battle... that is left for Allah to judge not Lagosshia who is not remotely close to her or any companion in terms of virtue.

maclatunji:
IOL:
Sheikh Shaltout (may Allah have mercy on him) issued a fatwa saying that a Sunni may perform his or her acts of worship in accordance with the Ja`fari school of thought. Do you have similar trends toward accepting the performance of acts of worship according to any other school of thought? Tell us about the efforts of rapprochement on the part of Shiites, especially in light of the issues we have raised.

Mohtashami: The highest religious reference in Iran, Imam Khamene'i [not to be confused with Khomeini], described Lady `A'ishah in a Friday sermon as the Mother of the Believers. He was criticized by some Shiites for this speech. However, as a supreme reference, he made a definitive statement, saying that Lady `A'ishah is the Mother of the Believers and that no one is allowed to insult the Mother of the Believers, otherwise a death fatwa would be issued against him or her. What can they possibly do beyond that?

LagosShia should stop being a bad Shia. We will no longer tolerate your acts of provocation and subterfuge. Shias do not support your spurious position. Your game is up. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/1108527/hujjatul-islam-ali-akbar-mohtashami-pur-cursing
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by vedaxcool(m): 11:38am On Nov 20, 2012
^^^

lagosshia, your Ayatollah who is acting under the authority of the Imam Madhi has passed a death sentence for insulting the Aisha r.a would you commit a suicide to obey him?

tongue
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by BetaThings: 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2012
maclatunji: ^Yawns... What truth are you presenting? There is only one truth, she was the Prophet's wife, was held in high esteem by the Prophet's companions after his death. Yeah! She led a battle... that is left for Allah to judge not Lagosshia who is not remotely close to her or any companion in terms of virtue.

Some Ayatollah were much higher than Khamenei when he succeeded Khomeini. So they had the right to object. Infact Khamenei was not a marji then. Some objected to his promotion later. It was Rafsanjani that told them that Khomeini recommended him for that post.

vedaxcool: ^^^

lagosshia, your Ayatollah who is acting under the authority of the Imam Madhi has passed a death sentence for insulting the Aisha r.a would you commit a suicide to obey him?

tongue

To you both,
I don't think we should continue debating this matter. A Shia MUST believe in the wassiyah (will) of the Prophet (PBUH)
Please check that video about "Prophet will Testify....". It lays this matter to rest. And there are some interesting parts to it. Take your time and watch it

Let me paraphrase it

"So whoever I kept as my wife, she will meet me tomorrow. And the one whom I divorced, then I am free from her"
Tomorrow in the will means Jannah. The Prophet did not divorce Aisha. And people never leave Jannah
Issue resolved!
Re: A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah by vedaxcool(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
BetaThings:

Some Ayatollah were much higher than Khamenei when he succeeded Khomeini. So they had the right to object. Infact Khamenei was not a marji then. Some objected to his promotion later. It was Rafsanjani that told them that Khomeini recommended him for that post.

To you both,
I don't think we should continue debating this matter. A Shia MUST believe in the wassiyah (will) of the Prophet (PBUH)
Please check that video about "Prophet will Testify....". It lays this matter to rest. And there are some interesting parts to it. Take your time and watch it

Let me paraphrase it

"So whoever I kept as my wife, she will meet me tomorrow. And the one whom I divorced, then I am free from her"
Tomorrow in the will means Jannah. The Prophet did not divorce Aisha. And people never leave Jannah
Issue resolved!

I watched the video, and the man literally refused to acknowledged the will, i mean, i thank Allah that we are living witness to how the shias behave, they deny their own book and accept only what they want, Now the above will has settled all for once,that is even the prophet pbuh said Ayesha r.a is with him at paradise, so why do the shias go on slandering the Prophet's pbuh wife?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos / The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays / Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.