Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo (2141 Views)

Suspected Kidnappers Of Nkiru Sylvanus Paraded, Ransom Recovered / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom / Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
How we kidnapped Osun speaker’s wife -Suspects

| Print | E-mail
Written by Oluwatoyin Malik
Sunday, 04 November 2012

The suspects with the Ak47 rifles and 98 live ammunition recovered from them.

THE suspected kidnappers of the wife of the speaker, Osun State House of Assembly, Mrs Muibat Salaam, have opened up on how the crime was hatched and carried out, with one of them, Chukwudi Okereke, confessing that he was the one who supplied the gang with the woman’s name as his contribution to the ‘business’.

Speaking with journalists during a press briefing held on Friday, October 26, the Commissioner of Police in Osun State, Mrs Kalafite Adeyemi, said Okereke confessed to have given information about Mrs Salaam to his gang members, because he knew the woman at Ejigbo.

Other suspects arrested in Ogun State before they were transferred to Osun State were Ogbole Ochijele, Lucky Okonkwo and Chukwuma Osifo. Mrs Adeyemi also disclosed that two other suspects, Uwadiunor Philip and Kaikine Mahah, were arrested by a security agency in Benin, Edo State less than a week after. Kaikine was found in Uwadiunor’s house but Okereke said Uwadiunor was not a member of his gang.

Journalists were allowed to interview the suspects and the following were their confessional statements which revealed the level of involvement of each of the arrested suspects:

Chukwudi Okereke (25)
[/b]I [b]am from Ukpotu in Delta State but I live in Agbor. I
joined kidnapping gang this year and I was introduced to it by Uche. He escaped arrest. This is the third operation I followed him to. We did the first two kidnappings in Lagos State. We kidnapped two white men the first time. We did not take them out of Lagos.

They paid N3million as ransom and I was given N440,000. About five of us did the operation.
The second operation I went with him was also the kidnap of another foreigner. That one gave us N2million and I was given a paltry N130,000 because we were many.

I was the one who brought the idea of kidnapping the Speaker’s wife. I knew the woman when I once stayed at Ejigbo but the woman did not know me. After following them on kidnapping operations, I was asked to bring a victim because I had been benefitting from other people’s work. I was told that government officials pay more money. That was why I mentioned the woman.

On the day of the kidnapping, I left Agbor in Delta State with three men; other people moved from Lagos with the truck. We all met in Osogbo. We were 11 in number. Ogbole went ahead of us to be monitoring the woman. We moved to Ogbomoso road and parked because Ogbole was calling us that the woman had closed. He told us her direction and we blocked her. After kidnapping her, we changed her into the truck. The owner of the truck is in Agbor but he was not part of our plan. He gave the truck to his driver to work for him.

A little after Ibadan, along Lagos/Ibadan expressway, three of us who were leaders stopped us and one of them entered the bush to check if it would be safe to keep the woman there. They ordered the woman to come down and ordered five guys to go and stay with her in the bush. Others took away the car and started calling the woman’s husband. The driver and I stayed inside the truck where the vigilance services men later arrested us.

Our gang leaders told that they asked the man to pay N200 million and he said he had only N25 million. We were ready to collect that before we were arrested. We took two guns (AK 47) for the operation and we got them from one guy called White

I thank God that I was arrested because if I was not arrested, I may continue. I only ask God for forgiveness. I don’t know what will happen to me. That is why I am confessing and not hiding anything. I am also advising all youths, whether okada rider or driver, that anyone of my age (25), that is doing this kind of a thing (kidnapping), and has not been caught should just give his life to Christ and drop whatever he has (weapons). By the grace of God he will get whatever he wants, so that his death will not come. If okada will not get you enough money, join farming.

I am an electrical contractor but when I started, many people owed me. Uche is a youth leader whom everyone in our area knows. He is a friend to youths and he was always giving money, that was how I knew him.

Ogbole Ochijele
My part was to direct this gang from Lagos to Osogbo. Chukwudi and Uche asked me to go to the our victim’s shop to monitor her until she would close.

Lucky Okonkwo
I was in Agbor when Chukwudi called me to come and help him carry some goods from Osogbo. I told him I didn’t know Osogbo. He then said they will use a car and will direct us. That was how I followed them.

Mahah Kaikine
We went to Agbor for a party and after the party, I was told that I should follow the group to Lagos for business. I asked what type of business. I had never been to Lagos before but I knew if I said it open, others would laugh at me so I followed them.

I followed Chukwuman Osifo the driver as his conductor. I was told we were coming to Yorubaland to do some things. I didn’t know what we were coming to do but on the way the driver told me we were going for kidnapping. Personally, I didn’t know they were going for a Speaker’s wife, I wouldn’t have done it. I thank God this happened. I plead that the government should temper justice with mercy. I will not do it again.

It would be recalled that a 12-man gang kidnapped the wife of Osun State Speaker, Muibat Salaam, on Tuesday October 9 at about 7.30 p.m. at Ejigbo, Osun State while she was driving home after closing from her shop in her Honda Accord car with registration number OSHA 27 with her daughter Fatimoh Salaam. She was said to have noticed the presence of some men chasing her in one Honda Accord car.

She reportedly increased the speed of the car but the strange men overtook her. She jumped down from the car in an effort to escape but was overpowered and bundled by the armed men into their car. She was later transferred into a truck blindfolded and driven to an unknown location.

A police source told Sunday Tribune that the woman said that though it was dark and her face covered, she knew through their discussions that the kidnappers were many. The source added that they later stopped after several hours of driving and moved her from the truck into the forest where they collected all her belongings, including her Techno handset dual sim, Samsung phone, hand bag containing driver’s licence, National I.D card, two Skye bank ATM card, house and shop keys, the sum of N30,000 and gold necklace.

On Saturday, October 13 at about 3a.m. however, the activities of the kidnap gang were brought to a halt when some residents of Ajebo village, along the Lagos/Ibadan expressway noticed an unusual movement of some men with a woman in their midst.

They were said to have informed the men of Vigilance Services of Ogun State, and in company of policemen from Ogun State Police Command, went into action and rescued Mrs Salaam unhurt, with no ransom paid, after a gun duel with the kidnappers. While the Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Mr Okoye Ikemefuna said one of the gang members died during the crossfire, unconfirmed reports had it that two suspects died. Three of the suspects were arrested at the scene while others escaped with bullet wounds.

It was also gathered that some of the gang members moved from Kaikine’s girlfriend’s party in Agbor down to the South West to carry out the kidnapping.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/crime-features/9031-how-we-kidnapped-osun-speakers-wife-suspects
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
Word of advice @Baby mama; take a hiatus from Nairaland for a while.
I can see how badly affected you are by some of the incendiary comments posted on the other thread.
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
Unfortunately when it comes to misdeeds bearing igbo or igbo-sounding names is enough to label something igbo.

But-watch how quickly the tide changes when people claim that Portharcourt is not an Igbo town even though majority of its inhabitants bear Igbo names, and how we are accused of being domineering towards igbo-name bearing minorities seeking ethnic independence in Delta State.

Or how people jump up and down to gloat that Igboland is solely made up of the 5 SE states.

Confused lots.

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
They are from Delta,Edo and Lagos states not from any south eastern states
Just setting the records straight.

Two of the suspects involved in the abduction of Alhaja Muibat Salaam, wife of the Osun State House of Assembly Speaker, have been arrested in Benin Republic by policemen from the Osun State Command.

They are Uwadiunor Philip and Kaikine Mahah.

Alhaja Salaam was kidnapped on October 9 around 7.30pm at Ejigbo, Osun State, on her way home from her shop.

It was learnt that she was blindfolded and taken into a forest, where she was dispossessed of her phones, hand bag, driver’s licence, National I.D card, two Skye Bank ATM cards, house and shop keys, N30,000 and a gold necklace.

On October 13, the police got information that the victim was sighted in a truck at Ogunmakin in Ogun State and confronted the kidnappers.

The hoodlums engaged the police in a gun duel and one of the suspects was killed.

Four of the suspected kidnappers were arrested and others escaped. Alhaja Salaam was rescued unhurt and reunited with her family.

The four earlier arrested – Chukwudi Okereke, Ogbole Elijah, Okonkwo Lucky and Chukwuma Osifo – and those held in Benin Republic, were paraded at the weekend at the Osun State Police Headquarters in Okefia, Osogbo, the state capital.

Police spokeswoman Mrs. Folashade Odoro said two AK 47 rifles, 78 rounds of life ammunition, four empty magazines, one Halogen lamp, an I.D. card belonging to Elijah and one Mandissel truck, marked ATN 21XA, were recovered from the suspects.

Mrs. Odoro said: “Discreet investigation carried out by detectives attached to the State Criminal Investigative Department (SCID), Osogbo revealed that Chukwudi Okereke is the prime suspect, who organised the kidnap.

“He confessed to have led a 12-man kidnap gang from Delta, Edo and Lagos states to Ejigbo. Okereke said he lived in Ejigbo for two years before moving to Agbor, Delta State.

“He said he had been in the kidnapping business for years, carrying out his nefarious activities in the states mentioned above. He came for this last operation because he knew the speaker’s family.”

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Delta Igbo are still Igbos.

Instead of vilifying what your brothers did, you'd rather reject their background. What a shame.
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2012
nnenna.1:
Unfortunately when it comes to misdeeds bearing igbo or igbo-sounding names is enough to label something igbo.

But-watch how quickly the tide changes when people claim that Portharcourt is not an Igbo town even though majority of its inhabitants bear Igbo names, and how we are accused of being domineering towards igbo-name bearing minorities seeking ethnic independence in Delta State.

Or how people jump up and down to gloat that Igboland is solely made up of the 5 SE states.

Confused lots.

Thank you!
I read the story and heard everyone shouting Igbo
Not a single one of them is from the South East .Someone even looked at names like Usifo and Ogbole ,typical Edo names and said they were Igbo

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by 4chi: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
Yes they are not igbos but Igbos.....what's the difference between six and half a dozen ? Freaking monsters!

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Delta Igbo are still Igbos.

Instead of vilifying what your brothers did, you'd rather reject their background. What a shame.

From the story the ones with Igbo names are from AGBOR in Delta state
You are the same folks that tell us AGBOR people are not Igbos ,agbor people also say they are not Igbos then when they commit crimes,you call them Igbo
You cannot have it both ways

Usifo is Edo state
Ogbole is Edo state
Maha kaikine is not Igbo
Lucky Okonkwo and Chukwudi Okereke are from Ukpotu and Agbor in Delta State

No South Eastern Igbo man had a hand in that kidnap
Setting the records straight

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by docokwy(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by geez1: 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
When Delta Igbos commit crimes, they cease to be Igbos but when it comes to Biafra, their land becomes Igbo land. How silly

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2012
^^ Well said
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Abagworo(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
geez*:
When Delta Igbos commit crimes, they cease to be Igbos but when it comes to Biafra, their land becomes Igbo land. How silly

You guys are confusing issues. What Delta Igbos were to be in 1967 was Benin republic which would have also included Edo. Biafra is just Eastern Nigeria which comprises both Igbos and several other ethnic groups. However when it comes to ethnicity, we are same but in different territories.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by dayokanu(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
Abagworo:

You guys are confusing issues. What Delta Igbos were to be in 1967 was Benin republic which would have also included Edo. Biafra is just Eastern Nigeria which comprises both Igbos and several other ethnic groups. However when it comes to ethnicity, we are same but in different territories.

Simple. That means these kidnappers are Igbos Just like their brother Osisikankwu

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Blazay(m): 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2012
The ones that killed Cynthia and the ones from ABSU rap-e video 'hoax' are all from Delta state too!
Oya. . . everybody sing:

THEY ARE NOT IGBOS!
THEY ARE NOT IGBOS!
THEY ARE NOT IGBOS!

OSISI KA NKWU IS FROM DELTA TOO!!!
Apologies to BABY OSISI MAMA OF NL!!!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! grin

Who gives a bloody phock?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiior!!!!

NDI IGBO PLEASE SING!!!
WE SHOT THE SHERRIF. . . BUT WE DIDN'T SHOOT THE DEPURRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!

Asko o!

ALL THE IGBO THIEVES EXECUTED IN MALAYSIA ARE ALL FROM DELTA STATE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

Abeg free BIAFRANS FROM CRIMINALITY. . . make we drink mami wota for NL. grin

Ndi Igbos are hurting on NL. THEY CAN'T SLEEP! FREEEEEEEEEEEE THEM OOOOOH!!! FREEEEEEEEEE THEM!

DELTA KWENU! YAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! KWENU!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by geez1: 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
Okay now it's safe to say Delta State, Rivers State, Cross Rivers and Bayelsa don't harbor an inch of Igbo land and invariably not part of the landlocked Biafra Republic grin

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
I believe I have made my point

There was no Imo,Anambra,Abia,Ebonyi or Enugu state man involved in that kidnap
This thread stands as a reference
The kidnappers were from Edo state,Delta and Lagos states.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by basher(m): 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
Pls excuse me as I deviate slightly but still on a similar issue.

How come its aways igbo & yoruba trading diabolical insults on Naira Land? Other tribes seem to be immune from this vicious pastime.

Taking NL as a 'polling sample' (for want of a better phrase), can one conclude that the source of one of Nigeria's biggest headachess is the casual but devilish hatred between these two nations? Can one even go further to say that Nigeria would probably be a much more conducive place without their wicked rivalry or if they were romoved from the equation entirely?
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
Aren't you also quick to say that "Delta Ibos" are a different breed from Igbos across the Niger bridge courtesy of your husband?

So not all south south people are perfect huh?

Blazay: The ones that killed Cynthia and the ones from ABSU rap-e video 'hoax' are all from Delta state too!
Oya. . . everybody sing:

THEY ARE NOT IGBOS!
THEY ARE NOT IGBOS!
THEY ARE NOT IGBOS!

OSISI KA NKWU IS FROM DELTA TOO!!!
Apologies to BABY OSISI MAMA OF NL!!!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! grin

Who gives a bloody phock?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiior!!!!

NDI IGBO PLEASE SING!!!
WE SHOT THE SHERRIF. . . BUT WE DIDN'T SHOOT THE DEPURRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!

Asko o!

ALL THE IGBO THIEVES EXECUTED IN MALAYSIA ARE ALL FROM DELTA STATE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

Abeg free BIAFRANS FROM CRIMINALITY. . . make we drink mami wota for NL. grin

Ndi Igbos are hurting on NL. THEY CAN'T SLEEP! FREEEEEEEEEEEE THEM OOOOOH!!! FREEEEEEEEEE THEM!

DELTA KWENU! YAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! KWENU!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by basher(m): 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
Delta igbo, anambra igbo, IMO igbo; all igbo Na igbo! If the name is igbo, looks igbo, speaks & understands igbo; then you are IGBO! I can imagine some people screaming "I'm midwest IGBO" or "Ibo not Igbo" while Murtala Mohammed went on his killing spree during the civil war(no offence meant). Did he listen?
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Blazay(m): 12:02am On Nov 20, 2012
nnenna.1:
Aren't you also quick to say that "Delta Ibos" are a different breed from Igbos across the Niger bridge courtesy of your husband?

So not all south south people are perfect huh?

Irrelevant. kiss

THE KIDNAPPERS COULD BE FROM THE MOON FOR ALL I CARE. kiss
If you stop all these your Igbotic nonsense all over NL and else where. . .no one will care.
Please, the matter has come and gone. No barry cares If the kidnappers are from TIMBOOTYTU!
But those who wanno seek 'sympathy' for useless sentiments as usual.
Move on before you quench with HBP concerning Igbo this and Igbo that.
Don't yawl have some holiday shopping to do? grin

MOVEEEEEE ON!!!!
Thank you. kiss
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 20, 2012
Ok then- we have henceforth moved on after making the point that Edos, lagosians and delta minorities (minorities by their admission, a point supported by many in this site) are involved in this issue. Not Igbos.

Good night dear. kiss

Blazay:

Irrelevant. kiss

THE KIDNAPPERS COULD BE FROM THE MOON FOR ALL I CARE. kiss
If you stop all these your Igbotic nonsense all over NL and else where. . .no one will care.
Please, the matter has come and gone. No barry cares If the kidnappers are from TIMBOOTYTU!
But those who wanno seek 'sympathy' for useless sentiments as usual.
Move on before you quench with HBP concerning Igbo this and Igbo that.
Don't yawl have some holiday shopping to do? grin

MOVEEEEEE ON!!!!
Thank you. kiss
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by jason123: 12:24am On Nov 20, 2012
Yawns
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by EmceeX: 12:32am On Nov 20, 2012
nnenna.1:
Ok then- we have henceforth moved on after making the point that Edos, lagosians and delta minorities (minorities by their admission, a point supported by many in this site) are involved in this issue. Not Igbos.

Good night dear. kiss

Which of the names look 'edos' or 'lagosians'? Bury your head in the sand.
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by EmceeX: 12:38am On Nov 20, 2012
-
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 20, 2012
^^^Refer to the bolded on the article which baby mama referenced in the below post. scroll back up the thread to find it.

This will be my last comment here anyways so feel free to have the last word.

Baby mama: They are from Delta,Edo and Lagos states not from any south eastern states
Just setting the records straight.

Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by docokwy(m): 12:45am On Nov 20, 2012
EmceeX: Ogbole Ochijele - igala
Lucky Okonkwo - igbo
Mahah Kaikine - might be igala
Chukwudi Okereke - igbo

Rotimi Amaechi, Gov of Rivers State too is Yoruba
Much like Mustafa Obi, Head of AMCON and Son of Chike Obi, is Hausa. You are crassly ignorant
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by EmceeX: 12:51am On Nov 20, 2012
^Basically, your reference was a lousy claim by a nauseating irritant whose posts sequence fits that of an obnoxious tribal supremacist and name belongs to the poverty ridden project houses. Pffft
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by EmceeX: 12:55am On Nov 20, 2012
-
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by docokwy(m): 1:04am On Nov 20, 2012
Lagos: Housewife: Husband strips me naked, ties me like ram

News Saturday, November 17, 2012

advertisement

By Adeola Adenuga & Amata Bridget

Mrs, Abosede Ademola pleaded with a Lagos Grade 'A' Customary Court, sitting in Agege to dissolve her nine-year-old marriage on the grounds of being stripped naked by her husband, Azeez, who also tied her like a ram. The 35-year-old woman, who resides at 7, Community Street, Adiyan, Lagos, pleaded that the court grants her custody of the children.

She alleged that her husband frequently flogged her mercilessly at the slight excuse and did not respect her family. "My husband drinks to stupor, moves with bad company, leaves home in the morning and comes back late in the night. As if that was not enough, whenever he wanted to beat me, he would strip me naked and tie my hands like the Sallah ram to be slaughtered," she said.

She also accused Azeez of infidelity, saying she wanted the custody of her children so that her suffering in his house would not be in vain. Azeez, a car dealer, however denied the allegations. According to him, Abosede failed to submit herself to him and would not take care of the children.

He alleged that his wife always went out whenever she liked and returned when she pleased, adding that his wife left the house in the morning on Sallah day without cooking, and he was the one that cooked for the children. "My father died and my wife did not show any concern nor went to my family on condolence visit. "She would not give me food or take care of the children. If I continue with her, I might kill her; so I want the court to dissolve the marriage,"he said.The court president, Mr Emmanuel Shokunle, adjourned the case till November 19, for further hearing.
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by docokwy(m): 1:04am On Nov 20, 2012
Don drowns stepdaughter over sex

Written by Oluwatoyin Malik
Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pa Ayoola Oyesiji and the drowned stepdaughter

advertisement

A 62-year-old retired lecturer, Pa Ayoola Oyesiji, has been arrested by policemen from Agugu Division of the Oyo State Police Command for drowning his two-year-old stepdaughter in a bucket of water, thereby killing her.

The incident, which occurred at Atipe area of Ibadan in the evening of Friday, 16 Novemeber, was reported to have been the aftermath of a quarrel between the man and his 22-year-old wife, Barakat Akeem, over sex.

The young woman, who is currently nursing a two-month-old baby for the retired lecturer, was said to have given birth to the deceased child before she married him in December 2011.

Sunday Tribune gathered that the woman lived in the man's family house at Atipe area, and that the man used to come there to visit and to carry out his conjugal duties.

However, things were said to have gone awry, when the man, who came to his wife on Friday, approached her for sex, and the woman refused, claiming that her baby was still young, in addition to the fact that she was in her menstruation.

Pa Oyesiji, who was said to have retired from the University of Ilorin in June, reportedly got infuriated and tried to pull his wife back into the room, but the woman fled, dropping her wrapper in the process.

Her two-year-old daughter, Aishat Mohammed, was said to be sleeping in the room then with her two-month-old baby being tended by a neighbour.

The woman reportedly raised the alarm which made neighbours to rush out of their rooms.

She pleaded with them to help her bring her daughter, Aishat, out of the room where her husband had remained.

However, their attempts to do so proved abortive as Pa Oyesiji refused to open the door, a development that resulted in the neighbours forcing it open.

After a quick scan through the room, the little girl could not be located.

This development got the mother and the neighbours agitated over what could have befallen her.

However, they were shocked when they later discovered the body of Aishat in a half-filled bucket of water in the unlit room.

As the news spread in the neighbourhood, an irate mob was said to have descended on the retired lecturer with different objects, beating him almost to the point of death, until he was rescued by a team of policemen from Agugu Division.

Sunday Tribune gathered that Pa Oyesiji is an habitual drunkard and was already drunk when he approached his wife for sex, another reason which reportedly made the young woman to have rebuffed his advances on the fateful day.

Though he admitted that he was drunk, Pa Oyesiji told Sunday Tribune that he only wanted to prevent the girl from running about, by putting her in a bucket, adding that he did not know that the bucket contained water.

When reminded that the baby was already asleep when he reportedly picked her from where she was, the man could not put up any further defence.

It was learnt that the police were yet to inform the man about the girl's death, so that he would not harm himself.

He was also taken to a private hospital for treatment of the injuries he sustained in his eye during the mob action.

Oyesiji, a holder of MBBS degree, also lectured at the University of Ibadan before transferring his services to the University of Ilorin in 1996.

Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of administration, Mr. Clement Adoda, confirmed the story, saying that the remains of the girl had been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.

He added that the case would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Iyaganku for further investigations.
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by docokwy(m): 1:10am On Nov 20, 2012
Ogun teacher wins US visa lottery, replaces herself with her daughter

by ADEOLA BALOGUN

Some of the teachers at the screening centre.

advertisement

An ongoing verification exercise in the Ogun State Teaching Service has opened a can of worms, writes ADEOLA BALOGUN

There are strong indications that the fate of about 800 Ogun State teachers is hanging in the balance, going by the current audit in the state.

A total of 19,146 teachers' records are being vetted in the screening and accreditation exercise, which began last September.

Some teachers may however be lucky to return home having lost their means of livelihood if found wanting, but others may not be so lucky, because they may end up in jail for various acts of forgery and cheating.

Documents obtained by Saturday PUNCH from the exercise showed among others, a bizarre case involving a former teacher, who won the US lottery and relocated to the United States.

But, rather than informing her employers about the development, she instituted a regime of cheating in her family. She recruited one of her daughters to replace her, regardless of her educational status.

Unfortunately for her, her daughter was caught when the verification exercise commenced: she could neither present any certificate nor mention any higher institution that she had attended.

Instead, the young lady wept profusely and pleaded for leniency. She confessed, explaining that it was a plot to sustain the family while her mother was away.

Saturday PUNCH found that this scenario is a reflection of many other cases of teachers, who have been drawing undeserved salaries for years and compounding the problem of their pupils.

In another case, 620 teachers claimed that they had graduated from the same institution (name withheld), but it turned out that only 484 were certified to have studied there. The remaining 136 had only tried to deceive the audit team by presenting forged documents.

In a rare show of desperation to retain her job, one of the teachers reportedly confessed to have paid N30,000 to procure her forged certificate.

To start with, the teachers were asked to present their credentials and other academic records for biometric documentation. About 223 of them boycotted the directive for fear of being exposed, while some absconded midway. Originally, the exercise was meant to last for just two weeks, according to the state Universal Basic Education Board officials.

But with the unearthing of disturbing revelations, the state government decided to employ the services of a consulting company, Corporate Institutions Training Consult, to confirm the various higher institutions attended by its teachers.

Overall, about 62 universities and colleges were contacted to confirm the validity of attestation letters and statements of results presented by the teachers.

According to a SUBEB official, some of the teachers, who claimed to have graduated as far back as 1978 presented statements of results and attestation documents in lieu of certificates.

"It was a harvest of absurdities of no mean measure," says Yusuph Olaniyonu, the state commissioner for information.

The consultants were said to have compiled the papers of the 19,146 teachers in the state's employment and forwarded same to the various schools that they claimed to have attended and graduated from.

In some of the documents obtained by Saturday PUNCH, out of the 35 names and documents sent to the Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Oto-Ijanikin, Lagos, for verification, the school wrote back that it could only confirm 25 to be authentic. It said others could not be traced and labelled them as fake.

Saturday PUNCH gathered that the authorities of Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo, were said so alarmed and invited the police when they discovered the number of forged results and certificates of the school presented by some of Ogun State teachers.

Giving a background to the exercise, which exposed a harvest of fraudulent practices in the state, Olaniyonu, a former editor, ThisDay on Sunday, told Saturday PUNCH that the exercise affected every worker in the state, government, including Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

"We started with a biometric data of every worker of Ogun State. We started first with the civil servants. The governor underwent the exercise despite being the number one worker in the state.

"The actual purpose of the exercise is for the state government to scientifically and physically determine how many people make up its workforce; their biometric data and to capture other details. After the biometric data of the civil service, it was decided that it would be reasonable to have the teaching personnel in the state detailed and verified to determine their suitability.

"But along the line, the state government decided to examine the suitability of its teaching employees, particularly with a view to taking education to the old era when Ogun State used to be number one in the country.

The commissioner said that the quest to upgrade the teaching personnel and its efforts to revive the educational standard in the state led to the current exercise, which eventually threw up the fraud being perpetrated by some of them.

"After the final results of the exercise from our consultants, we may have to hand over the file to the police to handle the criminal cases. Those involved cannot run because we have them captured; we have their addresses, their bank accounts and other documents.

"They may have to face the consequence of their fraud. When a teacher is fraudulent, you can imagine what such would impact on his pupil," one of the top state officials told Saturday PUNCH.

But Olaniyonu said the state government would consider the next line of action after consulting all the stakeholders.
Re: Kidnappers Of Osun Speakers Wife Are Not Igbo by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 20, 2012
Igbo o, Igbo o... Yoruba o, Yoruba o... Hausa o, nyamiri o... Guess what I saw?

NIGERIANS!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan Lies Again, TCN Faults Power Generation Claims! / Perfect Money Add Funds 5.0 / Scam Alert!! World Foundation For Human Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.