Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men (2984 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / We Met On Nairaland And Today We Are Married! / Why Are Married Men Never Contented With Their Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by mamagee3(f): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
Do women that are married to poor men feel inferior to those that are married to rich men?
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
i don't think so,its just a thing of the mind
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by EfemenaXY: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
No.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Yes
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by EfemenaXY: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
^^ How so?

Do you feel inferior to them?
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ How so?

Do you feel inferior to them?

Lol Efe o!

Well to God be the glory I don't think I am considered 'poor' and I don't need to boast bout it.

Even a rich wants more not to speak of poor and we are talking about women here which even makes it worse !

Talk about undiluted inferiority undecided!

Get real Efe ,
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by slimyem: 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
I would think so...Yes!!
...but i'd also think low self-esteem must have been a character trait of such women even before they were married...
It doesn't also help that the rich generally love to show off and with women it's usually worse..!
Whether you believe it or not,there's always a silent competition between women.
Only a woman who thinks highly of herself and is not affected by the generally accepted "usual" will not let the acquisition or not of material things/her husnand's status dictate her complex.

1 Like

Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by EfemenaXY: 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
jidegirl12:

Lol Efe o!

Well to God be the glory I don't think I am considered 'poor' and I don't need to boast bout it.

Even a rich wants more not to speak of poor and we are talking about women here which even makes it worse !

Talk about undiluted inferiority undecided!

Get real Efe ,

I am being real here.

Fact is, no matter how wealthy you are - unless you're the world's richest person, there would always be hundreds / thousands / millions of other people better off (financially) than you. So, are you going to feel inferior to all of them? I certainly do not and if that makes me different...oh well...

slimyem: I would think so...Yes!!
...but i'd also think low self-esteem must have been a character trait of such women even before they were married...
It doesn't also help that the rich generally love to show off and with women it's usually worse..!
Whether you believe it or not,there's always a silent competition between women.
Only a woman who thinks highly of herself and is not affected by the generally accepted "usual" will not let the acquisition or not of material things/her husnand's status dictate her complex.

Well, maybe those from the so-called "firewood" background might feel that way.

As per showing off, only ignorant Africans Nigerians sabi do I better pass my neighbour. That certainly isn't the case over here. No one gives a monkey about the size of your car, how often you change your designer wear, etc (unless of course you're a celebrity in the media spotlight). What's the gain in that, if I may ask?
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
Well Good for you for being okay with your status,

Efe but we are talking about poor people not an average person that should thank God for what he's got... You are already derailing ,

What's the point in what? Of course I'm gonna always want more till the rest of my life ....what are you talking about...who doesn't want to be partner with the Trump and say cos I'm not celebrity o, or world's richest o, I shouldn't want more....well of course if you don't have a goal in life then you settle for what you have.

The term 'Inferiority' we are talking about is for poor people which is always the case, they will always be unsecured and vulnerable period.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by EfemenaXY: 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
Define "poor" in this context...because to me, "poor-ness" is of the mind.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
IMO; Poor means : Nothing....nada...not up to par....not enough , striving ( need more?)

Dictionary; having little or no money, goods, or other means of support: a poor family living on welfare.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: Define "poor" in this context...because to me, "poor-ness" is of the mind.

Stop being ridiculous Efe; mind ko grin
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by EfemenaXY: 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2012
I'm not.

Being poor goes beyond the non-acquisition of material wealth.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by slimyem: 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efemena_xy:

I am being real here.

Fact is, no matter how wealthy you are - unless you're the world's richest person, there would always be hundreds / thousands / millions of other people better off (financially) than you. So, are you going to feel inferior to all of them? I certainly do not and if that makes me different...oh well...
i'm assuming here the op's is relating his question to women in a certain circle of friends not millions of other rich people in the world..

Well, maybe those from the so-called "firewood" background might feel that way.

As per showing off, only ignorant Africans Nigerians sabi do I better pass my neighbour. That certainly isn't the case over here. No one gives a monkey about the size of your car, how often you change your designer wear, etc (unless of course you're a celebrity in the media spotlight). What's the gain in that, if I may ask?
Sadly,that's what obtains here...
Everyone feels a need to show that he is superior to the other even with things as inconsequential as cellphones.There is a clear distinction between the rich and the poor.
...and No,its not just firewood background people...except you'd tell me all our leaders are that..
They are the main proponents/promoters of the margin between the rich and the poor..
They lead, we lots of Nigerians follow!
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: I'm not.

Being poor goes beyond the non-acquisition of material wealth.

Gosh Efe !! Okay then , Pls educate me?
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by baby124: 1:17am On Nov 22, 2012
I think it depends on the individual. People that see the need to compete with others have underlying issues. People that feel inferior to others over clothes, shoes or bags will still feel inferior even if they become overnight billionaires. There are some people that carry themselves with pride and grace, they are not the richest people either. That is what contentment brings you. Quite frankly I get turned off by people that try to compete with me, I work hard for my money and run my own race. I honestly don't value the friendships of such people. It is a very dangerous habit, and jealousy is a disease/demon all its own.

1 Like

Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by dayokanu(m): 3:52am On Nov 22, 2012
OP,

If the women have the inferiority complex maybe they should make the money and make their family rich at least nothing stops such women too from making money and making their family richer so she wont have to feel inferior to the other family

1 Like

Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 22, 2012
dayokanu: OP,

If the women have the inferiority complex maybe they should make the money and make their family rich at least nothing stops such women too from making money and making their family richer so she wont have to feel inferior to the other family

grin grin grin grin PREACH IT DD

1 Like

Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by EfemenaXY: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2012
dayokanu: OP,

GBAM!!

Well said...but I thought this was the assumption anyway? i.e the woman doing it herself? Or maybe I'm just too independent.

For those ladies out there who feel "intimidated" by others success, there is pride in doing it YOURSELF.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2012
I'm surperised that this thread is about husband's wealth. Why not the wife's wealth

Not saying husband's money doesn't matter, but I should think that if at all I'd feel inferior, it'll be because the lady in question is richer or better placed than me, not her husband than mine! undecided

No i dont feel inferior, not one bit. Not because I'm average (like jidegirl will say) but because it's absolutely unnecessary!

1 Like

Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 22, 2012
People who have no value and esteem will always have complex, they define themselves by being loud and having the biggest everything.
I run my own race and find contentment in lifes little gifts, if I buy something I buy it because I want and need it not because someone else has it.
As my Priest will always say, if you must compete then compete in doing good works, acts of kindness and charity not in vain things that God won't count as acheievments for you.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by jaybee3(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2012
Shouldn't be but in the current world that we live in where class is everything then i'm afraid that seems to be the case.
There is a reason why like classes be it poor/middle/rich folks flock together
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2012
Msteeeewww, Just noticed that this topic is about Rich Husbands self. Who has time to sit comparing husbands riches? Idle minds really satans workshop
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 23, 2012
Ujujoan: I'm surperised that this thread is about husband's wealth. Why not the wife's wealth

Not saying husband's money doesn't matter, but I should think that if at all I'd feel inferior, it'll be because the lady in question is richer or better placed than me, not her husband than mine! undecided

No i dont feel inferior, not one bit. Not because I'm average (like jidegirl will say) but because it's absolutely unnecessary!

What's wrong with being average...we are talking about poor people here undecided
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by paulicoco: 11:38pm On Nov 23, 2012
In the Bible it says: my people die from lack of knowledge?!Do u not know that someone can be poor in different ways? Why do nigerians associate being poor with not having money? U can be poor( lack) in many ways. If a woman to a rich man has money but does not have children or a hubby who cheats on her.. Would she not feel inferior to the so called'financially disabled' woman next door, who has children,a loving husband and a good home. People should stop comparing eachothers life and learn how to be grateful.

1 Like

Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by ifyalways(f): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2012
@OP, YES , they do. Online theories and internet Nigerians can wait first, time to get real. And oh, I'm talking about those living in Nigeria.

They feel inferior to the whole family, not just the man but even wife and kids. the rich in the bid to satisfy their conscience comfort their souls by pretending its "respect" they are according them .

In the church, market, mall, women meetings,hospital, school, salons etc, you see poor women with their esteems crushed.
Direct or indirect oppression of the poor by the rich makes them feel inferior. POVERTY is a curse!
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Kobojunkie: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2012
If the women feel inferior, then what you are dealing with is not a RICH-vs-POOR husband problem, but a psychological issue. Even when single, the same women most likely felt inferior to wealthier women or men. this question is more about inferiority complex than it is about marriage itself.
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by ifyalways(f): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2012
btw, with the society placing much emphasis on "class and status" , why won't they be?

1. Poor woman queues up in the bank, the rich woman waltzes in. Cashier spots her designers, calls her straight to the counter and serves her fast ignoring the poor woman that has been on the queue since God knows when.

2. Poor woman goes to church early to get a seat in the front pews. The rich comes in late and the over zealous usher asks her to vacate the seat cos its "reserved" hmmmn!

3. A poor woman enters a stall to buy panadol, a rich woman parks her SUV outside, calls out the attendant to give her a long grocery list, the poor woman is totally ignored while the woman chilling in her SUV is served.

It just goes on and on. Why won't such women feel inferior ?
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by Kobojunkie: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2012
Now you want us to conclude that ALL poor women in that society suffer low self-esteem? Isn't that a bit of a stretch? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Women That Are Married To Poor Men Feel Inferior To Those Married To Rich Men by ifyalways(f): 9:05am On Nov 24, 2012
I didn't say all. The educated but poor don't for sure. I've seen such ones challenge whoever that wants to bring them down. They might not win but they atleast make some noise.

The poor and uneducated?Yes, most them living in Nigeria feel and are made to feel inferior to the rich.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ My Moms Tears Weaks Me Each Time I Try To Find My Way Out / Unique Wedding Souvenirs Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.