Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC (7940 Views)

PDP, CPC, ANPP, Others Violate Financial Regulations, Ignore Rules- Inec / We In Apc Should Blame Ourselves, Not Pdp - Cpc. / North Embrace Pdp, Cpc Loses Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by truth4meal(m): 7:27am On Nov 20, 2012
The Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, has listed out what it calls seven facts that attests to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s “violent and ethnic” antecedents.

The opposition party was responding to an exclusive interview granted to PREMIUM TIMES by Olisa Metuh, the PDP spokesperson, in which he described the CPC as a party that believes in violence.

In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Rotimi Fashakin, Monday, the CPC said it has “come to understand the PDP, as a Party, being peopled by egregiously violent ones, which earned it the sobriquet: ‘nest of killers’.”
Violent and religious antecedents of the PDP

Mr. Fashakin said PDP’s image maker has a “penchant for conjectures, insinuations and unsupportable assertions.” He said  his party would prefer to confront “this latest impudence by the PDP image launderer with verifiable facts.”

According to Mr. Fashakin, On 29th November, 1999, a PDP-led Federal Government- less than one year in office- ordered the violent invasion of ODI, a predominantly Ijaw community in Bayelsa State, despite the fact that the community was not in any secessionist plot against Nigeria.

Mr. Fashakin said after the dust of the invasion cleared, the Human rights Watch concluded that “the soldiers must certainly have killed tens of unarmed civilians and that figures of several hundred dead are entirely plausible.”

He also said the same PDP-led administration, under the leadership of former president Obasanjo, between October 22 and 24, 2001, ensured that some communities in Benue state were violently and crudely invaded, which led to the deaths of no fewer than 300 people. “Though the Federal Government agreed to a N41 Billion compensation for this act of unmitigated violence, we believe that the indiscretion that led to this extra-judicial killings could have been avoided,” Mr. Fashakin said.

The CPC spokesperson said in the eight-year rule of the same regime (1999-2007), the Nigerian polity virtually became a Sanguinary with the unresolved wicked assassinations that characterized everyday living. More bewildering was the fact that a serving Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Ajibola Ige, was murdered in his home – in the full glare of his security details- with the origin of the murderous violence yet to be unraveled.

Mr. Fashakin said in October 2009, a chieftain of PDP,  Bode George, was convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction for 63-count charge bordering on “financial violence on the Nigerian state” and sentenced to two-year jail term. The party said that after his prison sentence, “the PDP Apparatchiks, in a bizarre show of ethical violence on the Nigerian people, rolled out the drums and trumpets to welcome him back home. It is on record that, rather than putting this man through a structured party discipline for his misdemeanor, the PDP has continued to throw him up as its champion in obscenity and indecency.”

Also Mr. Fashakin alleged that “on 19th February, 2011, Olisa Metuh, as National Vice-Chairman (South-East) of the PDP, invaded British Nigerian Academy, Prince and Princess Estate, Abuja (the former school of his son, Derrick) and assaulted the Vice Principal, Mr Kola Pele, a 67-year old man, for seizing a phone that Derrick had, against school rules, given to other students to use. A Gestapo-style invasion of the school by Mr. Metuh, Mr. Fashakin said,  saw him holding Mr Pele by the throat for the effrontery in
seizing his son’s phone.”

“The PDP, being a shelter for violently unstable minds, went on to appoint Metuh as its National Publicity Secretary,” the opposition spokesman said.
Mr. Fashakin said aside the violent crater the PDP dug to the nation’s resources in prosecuting its 2011 presidential electioneering campaigns, there were also tales of tears and blood.

“From Kaduna to Port-Harcourt, where gates were shut against people’s will and 25 People were killed, the campaigns were trailed with violent tales all over,” the party said.

Mr. Fashakin added that in the history of the Nigerian nation, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, had always maintained its apolitical status, but in the run up to the 2011 Presidential election,  Ayodele Joseph Oritsejafor, the President of CAN, presented to the Nigerian Christians the PDP candidate, Goodluck Jonathan, as the ‘anointed of the LORD’ in a manner that offended the non-partisanship of the religious body.

The subsequent call for the arrest of the CPC candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, by Mr. Oritsejafor for unsubstantiated allegations of sponsoring the post-election violence in the North, said Mr. Fashakin, further lends credence to the fact that through the instrumentality of PDP’s coercive politics, CAN under Mr. Oritsejafor is the religious arm of the PDP.

“Would that explain why Mr. President attended a ceremony on Saturday, 10thNovember, 2012 where Pastor Oritsejafor was present(ed) with a private jet?” Mr. Fashakin asked.
Buhari believes in Rule of Law

Mr. Fashakin said the CPC leader, Mr. Buhari, believes in the rule of law, adding that this was reflected in his decision to vent his aversion in the law courts when he “was rigged out of national elections three times and in these times, he ventilated his aversion to the anomalies in the Law Courts”.

“The PDP leadership, having mismanaged Nigerians’ expectations for good governance in the last 13 years, now feels comfortable throwing tantrums in very despicable manner.

“We are very certain that the Nigerian people, being the best judges, are capable of seeing through all the carefully woven obfuscation,” he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/107732-can-under-oritsejafor-is-religious-arm-of-pdp-cpc.html

3 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by bigx(m): 7:38am On Nov 20, 2012
As Boko Haram is the religious Arm of CPC?

28 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by truth4meal(m): 7:40am On Nov 20, 2012
Orisejafor has only deepen the already sordid name of CAN in the dirty mud of politics - this man of "god" is a disgrace to the generation of Christianity. He politicized CAN and gave it a coloration comparable only to a political party when the best CAN can be is at least a pressure group. The man is deft in heating the polity while brandishing his gold chain and fart-ful utterances. And wats the reward for his sins - a jet on earth and hell in death

32 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2012
CPC should shut the phuck up. What warranted this statement. I see that CPC is getting desperate everyday.
Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2012
Now those are facts. PDP what do you have to say?

6 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by mosunade(f): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2012
and Boko Haram is the same to CPC.

1 Like

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by truth4meal(m): 7:43am On Nov 20, 2012
gboss4sure: CPC should shut the phuck up. What warranted this statement. I see that CPC is getting desperate everyday.
it was Olisa Metuh in an exclusive interview he granted Premium news that called CPC a party that believes in violence - so dis is CPC's response.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by Chukwuemeka007(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2012
I support!
Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by truth4meal(m): 7:47am On Nov 20, 2012
bigx: As Boko Haram is the religious Arm of CPC?
as it is now o - more PDP members have been established, arrested and attested to be sympathetic to the inglorious cause of BH - so its best you say BH is the militant arm of PDP - northern branch

17 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by duality(m): 7:47am On Nov 20, 2012
NONSENSE..

and CPC is the political arm of Bokoharam. what the heck? The CAN president was the loudest voice against Boko haram. Even louder than that of the president. CPC never condemned the Killing of NYSC members in the north. they kept quiet so as to score political point. Rather than condemn Boko haram and join hands to fight the evil, they simply told us the existence of Political, Religious and Social Boko haram with out telling us the one they support.

I think the media and Nigerians should be circumspect in issues like this.

Even the international community have so much confidence in the personality of oritsejafor.

6 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by victorD3: 7:51am On Nov 20, 2012
Soon religion will be tasked as said the bible

3 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by OrangeHokage(m): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2012
bigx: As Boko Haram is the religious Arm of CPC?
you are so dumb...

15 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by LaBonito(f): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2012
U won't understand hahahahha
Ikwere fist son: my frnd nd so wat.u win ultimate search,dm dash u gulder?make i hear word o
Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by duality(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2012
truth4meal: Orisejafor has only deepen the already sordid name of CAN in the dirty mud of politics - this man of "god" is a disgrace to the generation of Christianity. He politicized CAN and gave it a coloration comparable only to a political party when the best CAN can be is at least a pressure group. The man is deft in heating the polity while brandishing his gold chain and fart-ful utterances. And wats the reward for his sins - a jet on earth and hell in death

I'm sorry to say this, its too early not to use your brain. when boko haram was destroying churches; you expected hi to keep silence. do you have as much infor as he has. do you know how much pressure he mounted on the presidency on the issue of Boko haram. have you read most of his press conferences. Stop this hating because of private jet. You may have to buy yours tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by Ikwerefistson: 7:53am On Nov 20, 2012
truth4meal: Orisejafor has only deepen the already sordid name of CAN in the dirty mud of politics - this man of "god" is a disgrace to the generation of Christianity. He politicized CAN and gave it a coloration comparable only to a political party when the best CAN can be is at least a pressure group. The man is deft in heating the polity while brandishing his gold chain and fart-ful utterances. And wats the reward for his sins - a jet on earth and hell in death
if u tnk dy politicisd can,let dm alow us to arm ourself nd strike any mosque if boko islam nd dia party cpc atacks any church agan
Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by Demdem(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2012
CAN is fast going to the dogs under Oritsejafor

5 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by truth4meal(m): 8:01am On Nov 20, 2012
duality: NONSENSE..

and CPC is the political arm of Bokoharam. what the heck? The CAN president was the loudest voice against Boko haram. Even louder than that of the president. CPC never condemned the Killing of NYSC members in the north. they kept quiet so as to score political point. Rather than condemn Boko haram and join hands to fight the evil, they simply told us the existence of Political, Religious and Social Boko haram with out telling us the one they support.

I think the media and Nigerians should be circumspect in issues like this.

Even the international community have so much confidence in the personality of oritsejafor.
let's be logical and reason without the help of sentiments - who benefited more from the death of those corpers? Its GEJ of course - it sways public support to his side while Buhari endure the public criticism. So logically someone orchestrated it for a reason and since Buhari will not do wat will smear his name then we need to ask who the violence favoured a question. Which confidence and which international community that oritejafor called hypocrite for telling him the truth? See oritsejafor has no reputation other than in Nigeria where pastors buy jets and members clap and dance with empty belly. No hold brief for CPC but politics of violence favours one man, one govt and that person must answer this question - why you?

11 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by Goldieluks: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2012
Pastor Oritsejafor has always been a Political pastor, PDP to be precise and its no news. The recent purchase of his private jet is a glaring fact that the man is more into political movement rather than Christainity movement. May God help his followers.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by naptu2: 8:07am On Nov 20, 2012
Just two questions that worry me.

1) How many CPC members have been arrested by security agents for being supporters of Boko Haram?

2) How many PDP members have been arrested by security agents for being supporters of Boko Haram?

18 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by bisi16(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2012
Do not judge what u cannot create.. Enough said, CAN under Ayo is a disgrace.
Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by truth4meal(m): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2012
duality:

I'm sorry to say this, its too early not to use your brain. when boko haram was destroying churches; you expected hi to keep silence. do you have as much infor as he has. do you know how much pressure he mounted on the presidency on the issue of Boko haram. have you read most of his press conferences. Stop this hating because of private jet. You may have to buy yours tomorrow.
between me and you did u knw that the last time America made a candid help on BH was when this political pastor went to the House Foreign Affairs Committee of America and tabled the skewed "much pressure" to the members of the committee who sees through the pastor's "much pressure" to behold a man driven by purchased motive n mind. I will buy private jet (amen) but I will be brave enough to say I bought it not that its a gift from church members.

1 Like

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by omenka(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2012
You r absolutely right. That man Oritsejafor is a total disgrace!!!!
I remember back in '07 when I was serving in Warri, and had to atend a service at his church because we were to make a presentation. The level of materialism demontrated in that church was absolutely apalling! He made a call to bless people by laying hands on them and categorised the blessings!!
There was a call for those with 50k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 1k, and 500 naira! For eash category, alot of pple trooped out. Couldn't believe the level of desecration of the body of our Lord Jesus Christ.
He is indeed a merciful God..
Also witnessed thesame in Shepherd House in Abuja early this year... Trust me, I refused to drop a dime. Would rather give that to the beggers I come across evryday going to work. No 'man of god' is going to con me out of a cent ever again.

11 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by duality(m): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2012
truth4meal: between me and you did u knw that the last time America made a candid help on BH was when this political pastor went to the House Foreign Affairs Committee of America and tabled the skewed "much pressure" to the members of the committee who sees through the pastor's "much pressure" to behold a man driven by purchased motive n mind. I will buy private jet (amen) but I will be brave enough to say I bought it not that its a gift from church members.

from your write up, its obvious you don't like the truth. what if he never owned a jet. oritsejafor was the only religious leader (christian or Muslim) who spoke loudest against Boko haram. If he had the Political and Military force, he would have taken more decisive steps than Mr President. Stope this private jet issue. its a poor mans mind set. you may need a private jet tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by duality(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2012
omenka: [s]
I remember back in '07 when I was serving in Warri, and had to atend a service at his church because we were to make a presentation. The level of materialism demontrated in that church was absolutely apalling! He made a call to bless people by laying hands on them and categorised the blessings!!
There was a call for those with 50k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 1k, ans 500 naira! For eash category, alot of pple trooped out. Couldn't believe the level of desecration of the body of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Witnessed thesame in Shepherd House in Abuja also early this year... Trust me, I refused to drop a dime. Would rather give that to the beggers I come across evryday going to work. No 'man of god' is going to con me out a cent ever again.[/s]

stop foaming in the mouth.
Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2012
omenka:
There was a call for those with 50k, 20k, 10k, 5k, 1k, and 500 naira! For eash category, alot of pple trooped out. Couldn't believe the level of desecration of the body of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Also witnessed thesame in Shepherd House in Abuja early this year... Trust me, I refused to drop a dime. Would rather give that to the beggers I come across evryday going to work. No 'man of god' is going to con me out of a cent ever again.

On Point.

1 Like

Re: CAN Under Oritsejafor Is Religious Arm Of PDP — CPC by luluosas(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2012
naptu2: Just two questions that worry me.

1) How many CPC members have been arrested by security agents for being supporters of Boko Haram?

2) How many PDP members have been arrested by security agents for being supporters of Boko Haram?
You alreadt knows the answer before you asked. Answer is PDP is one party and still leading in the arrests of its members.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apapa Wharf Road Ready In September — NPA MD / Do Our Political Parties Have Ideologies? / 2024 Budget Exposes ‘Misuse’ Of Funds By MDAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.