Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem (26961 Views)

Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? / How To Use Bold5 Mobile Hotspot Feature / Blackberry Os 7.1 Mobile Hotspot Does It Work On Mtn N3000 Bis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by bobugzy: 8:45am On Apr 09, 2013
[quote author=anitank]i just found the solution to it. Glo does not support the feature on a blackberry (my blackberry, since u said urs worked). i used a friend's Airtel line and then i went to the device options and put in Airtel APN, username and password. It worked perfectly as i was able to connect my tablet to the internet on one touch.... and the speed was like ..... shocked shocked

Hey Anitank..what's the Airtel APN..Username and password Please?
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by bobugzy: 8:53am On Apr 09, 2013
PLEASE I need AIRTEL APN Username and Password For Mobile Hotspot For my Torch 2..still giving me the msg of contacting my service provider..HELP neede asap
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by ijaola(m): 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
I Think it works periodically on Glo, I am using it for the second time(hotspoting with my laptop) but got a message from Glo (127) "Dear customer, you are now subscribed to happy return data offer'

Who know what that means.

Thanks.

Bayo
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by ahmadtunde(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2013
Plzz is dere any update for d glo mobile hotspot?. Am finking of swapping from zain to glo cos d 1 gig I get from zain is never enof. Thanks
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by bobugzy: 10:00am On Apr 12, 2013
Glos is now one GIG too so it doesn't matter....
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by ijaola(m): 7:04am On Apr 16, 2013
ahmad_tunde: Plzz is dere any update for d glo mobile hotspot?. Am finking of swapping from zain to glo cos d 1 gig I get from zain is never enof. Thanks

Does zain works all the time. I am have a bold 5 and i use the hotspot but works once in a while. I got the tecno n3 and i use mtn weekly BIS and works fine. But MTN could be sometime frustrating. Which on is the best. I connect with my pc alone.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by ahmadtunde(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2013
To me I will prefer the mtn since u can't exhaust d data on it but zain is just 1 gig.. I use zain nd it works perfectly apart from d fact dat it gets exhausted easily
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by babatunde0: 8:41pm On May 13, 2013
The reason you are unable to activate your mobile hotspot feature is becuase you are using a blackberry 9930. That version of blackberry is for both GSM and CDM network. Over here in the united states, this model is carried by either Spitnt or Verizon wireless and they expect you to buy an additional data plan for this feature. I happen to use the same phone and I have been searching the internet for a firmware or unlock code to enable me use this feature as I already have unlimited data plan. Mind you, though I said unlock does not mean the phone itself is not unlocked. I use my phone for other GSM networks when I visit naija but to use that feature, I would have to find a softwre or firmware to remove the service providers restriction.
Re: Mobile Hotspot Activation Problem by horreholuwah123: 6:24am On Aug 06, 2016
Hello guys!please I am really confused and kinda frustrated.....I sub to glo bbcmonth(#1400) for my bb9930 and oops I couldn't access the internet,I called glo helpline to inform them and I was told my phone is a cdma phone.....abeg o what do I do to change to gsm network? But my mtn do work well when I sub....really need ya help!!thanks in adv

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Do An Airtel Welcomeback Through SMS / MTN Introduces New Hourly Data Plans For Youtube Streaming / Annoying BBM Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.