Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? (825 Views)

Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) / Show Me All Your Infrastructural Developments In Your State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by ebankole: 11:35am On Nov 20, 2012
This is a very serious issue true developments starts and begins at the grassroots-this is where gov. in all ties present are felt.
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by Twy: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2012
I do agree that local governments are important. However, the system had been corrupted, prior to 1979, the local government council were where capable townspeople debated on development plans for the town etc. It was a stepping stone to further political advancement through endearment to the town folks. But today, the powers(funds in Nigerian language) are curtailed by the governors, the workers are stale, incompetent, and the councillors and chairmnen are selected by the governor or godfather not by the town folks and in the states where there is election, it is still the same.Basically, in my area, the governor withholds majority of funds for capital project, the council is there basically to pay salary and do some small projects, but for some major projects, it needs the consent of the governor.
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by slimming: 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2012
Local Government seems to be more corrupt and secret in their activities becos the focus on them is minimal.
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by ANALIST: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
slimming: Local Government seems to be more corrupt and secret in their activities becos the focus on them is minimal.

The point is that 80% of all the local government in Nigeria stagnated to corruption by their state governors.

I think it's not yet time to classified the performance of any local government. This is because most of them are dancing to the tune of their piper-the Governors failure of which they'll lose their position.
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by ebankole: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
The facts here's that we have more rural areas'if i'm correct''then urban and if nigeria/ns must felt the present of Gov.in all ramifications it starts here.Proffering solution,I think people of the rurals should be made to deliberate on who serves them
selectively or decisively.GOD help dis naija o
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by ifyalways(f): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
Which LG does Ikoyi fall into?they started road works @ strategic places especially " Glover, lugard" axis.

Nice. . .if it'll be completed.
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by Abagworo(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2012
Local Governments died since 1999.I don't know what killed it.
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by jamace(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
Those Chairmen are just sharing money doing NOTHING! Like governor, like Chairman. angry
Re: What's Your Say About Developments In Your Local Gov.? by ebankole: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2012
Should state Gov. now be blamed for the failure of LG?or should we now affilliate the curruption of state to LG?,who's really fooling who?

O GA O..

(1) (Reply)

Oyo Bulldozers Demolish Celestial Church, Arrests Evangelist & Church Members. / Nigeria Is 35th Most Corrupt In The World, Says Transparency International 2012 / The Rise And Rise Of Senator Andy Uba As He Floor Ukachukwu In Court Case Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.