Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC (8105 Views)

Help: How Can I Collect Money Through Western Union Without ID Card. / Commotion As Lagos Revenue Service Staff Rush To Collect Xmas Gifts [photos] / Pls How Would I Collect My Cheques From Google Adsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC by Debeloved87(m): 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
My dad is late for some years now(5years), we never even know that he has a totalled pension amount to collect from the government which has been deposited into the bank for about 3years now...we only received a letter from the bank this june 2012 and when we inquire from the bank they ask for an unending lists of documents for verification including letter of administration which i learnt takes almost half a year to produce or get, apart from that most of this documents costs much to get them and as a young graduate who is still hussling to get a job with 5 young brothers and a widow where or how am i going to get the fund to gets those documents, right now i dont even know what to do, the thought of having a good sum of money in a bank that you find it difficult to claim even hurt the more....i hope to get any useful advice from you all...thanks
Re: How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC by logo77: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2012
@OP: visit www.ibtcpension.com

click on GROUNDS FOR WITHDRAWALS > Beneficiaries of Deceased RSA holders.

Read through and download all the required forms.
( I suggest you should visit any of their offices nearest to you: click CONTACT US the site for addresses.)

NB: The article below was sourced from IBTC official site.

Visit the site and get all the details for yourself.

Good luck !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grounds for Withdrawals > Beneficiaries of Deceased RSA holders

Beneficiaries of Deceased RSA Holders

The employer or Next-of-kin or the representative of the deceased shall notify any Stanbic IBTC Bank Branch or Stanbic IBTC Pensions Office of the death of the employee/retiree.

Note: Beneficiaries of Deceased RSA holders with zero balances are expected to fill the Death Notification Form and send to the last known employer of the deceased. The Managing Director (or any qualified person) is expected to fill and forward the form to PenCom for the processing of the deceased’s benefits.

Benefits Accessible

The Next-of-kin of the deceased shall upon confirmation be entitled to the balance in the account of the deceased.

Requirements to be fulfilled by the Next-of-Kin

The Next-of-Kin shall provide a satisfactory means of identification such as current International Traveling Passport, National Identity Card or letter of confirmation of identity from his/her bank or a Notary Public.

Upon confirmation, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited will demand a combination of any of items (a) – (h) below, which shall serve as adequate evidence of death of the employee/retiree, while item (h) is optional:

a. Letter of Administration or Will admitted to Probate

b. Certificate of Death/Cause of Death

c. Certificate of Registration of Death

d. Police Report (if death is by accident)

e. Burial Warrant issued by a Local Government Council

f. Evidence of Death/Burial issued by an Islamic Community Head or Judge of a Sharia Court.

g. Evidence of Death/Burial issued by a Leader of a registered church.

h. Copy of obituary poster (if any)

We, Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited, will confirm the validity of the Letter of Administration or Will admitted to Probate and sight the originals of other documents.

Source: www.ibtcpension.com
Re: How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC by Debeloved87(m): 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
@logo77 thanks. But this letter of administration is something thats really making things difficult...i dont know if i can get some amount from the money which i can use to get the documents because presently i dont have a job and no cash for pocket
Re: How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC by akintun: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
Get a lawyer. They will get d pension 4 u.
Re: How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC by logo77: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2012
Debeloved87: @logo77 thanks. But this letter of administration is something thats really making things difficult...i dont know if i can get some amount from the money which i can use to get the documents because presently i dont have a job and no cash for pocket

I don't think they will give you any money without providing the necessary docs.

If you've got no money to process the docs, just concentrate on getting a job or a business for now.

You can work on claiming your dad's benefits (both from the bank and the PFA) later.

Good luck !
Re: How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC by gr8man4rmukpor(m): 5:27am On Dec 20, 2019
akintun:
Get a lawyer. They will get d pension 4 u.
You call a lawyer, he would demand for 10% of the money which his late father worked all his life for ....

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC by Blessed200016: 11:35am On Jul 02, 2020
Pls anyone with an idea of what batch of death benefits (Gratuity) pencom paid last ?

It's urgent pls

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month / ⚡⭐Make Money with Shopify Dropshipping Free Complete Step By Step Training Cours / Report: Banking Access Lowest In Northeast, Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.