Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. (5511 Views)

Talk Skincare & Beauty Affairs! With PUREBARBIE! A Beauty Therapist. / Rejected At A Beauty Pageant Because Of My Braids / Fifteen Types Of Girls You Find In A Beauty Pageant Audition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by slimyem: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
I'll go first..
It was at the hairdressers...
I was having kinky braids done and it had gotten to the part where hot water had to be used to curl the braids..
Because the hair was short and the heat of the water,i didn't know when i jumped and had the hot water pour over my face..
It wasn't funny..
Everyone started running around looking for raw eggs and pap water..
The healing process was terrible..
I thought i'd be scarred for life but thank God for beautiful skin..cheesycheesycheesy
My face looked as normal as ever from 3 months after the incident..

Lets hear urs...

2 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by jhydebaba(m): 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
Mine was while I was having an hair cut and the barber mistakenly used a hot iron on my head instead of clipper undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by Keji3: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by sashaa(f): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2012
I was in secondary school then and my sister convinced me to use venus relaxer which she has remained for a retouch. According to her it was all new and improved and no longer burns.
Well, it wasnt funny at all. D relaxer was still being applied when i hushed the stylist and told her to just wash it off cos d pain was just too much.
Now, d washing was where d real ish was. I was screaming cos my scalp was already burnt n u know what that means.
Needless to say i had a bad case of burnt scalp at d end of d day n i also had to weave my hair d same weekend for school. Cos my school wunt allow us come with un weaved hair to school.

1 Like

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by slimyem: 10:11am On Nov 21, 2012
jhydebaba: Mine was while I was having an hair cut and the barber mistakenly used a hot iron on my head instead of clipper undecided
how is this possible?
What would hot iron be doing in a barber's shop and how would he mistake it for a clipper?
Tell another lie abeg!!!
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
'Keji :
Anoda experience was when I did my first water melon,@ d stage of using hot water the lady's bringing the hot water tripped and poured the water on my back! I was rushed to d nearest hospital I still have the reminder on my back.

'Keji,

Eyaaaaaaa! Sorry about that. I'm sure you couldn't rest/sleep on the back for days.
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by tjskii(f): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
Was feeling funky dt fateful day so I decided to av my eyebrows shaped,dunno wat d silly girl was thinking,her hand slipped and she scraped off my whole left brow angry angry,was so pissed,I had to draw a fake eyebrow wen goin out for almost a month

2 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by cyril83(m): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2012
Super glue entered my left eye whil fixing eye lashes...robocop smile

1 Like

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2012
slimyem: how is this possible?
What would hot iron be doing in a barber's shop and how would he mistake it for a clipper?
Tell another lie abeg!!!

My salon has services for both sexes,meaning there can be straightner,flatening iron, thongs etc, where d guys' clippers are.

He may not be lying.
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:56am On Nov 22, 2012
tjskii: I had to draw a fake eyebrow wen goin out for almost a month

This is funny but not funny at the time it happened to you.
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by olenyi: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2012
But come to think of it. Inyanga no dey pain na.
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by Bisjosh(f): 9:03am On Nov 22, 2012
tjskii: Was feeling funky dt fateful day so I decided to av my eyebrows shaped,dunno wat d silly girl was thinking,her hand slipped and she scraped off my whole left brow angry angry,was so pissed,I had to draw a fake eyebrow wen goin out for almost a month

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 22, 2012
Recently I had my ear cut with a scissors while they were trimming the braids. Looks like my ear was too big and look like the braid so the girl decided to cut it.
Anyway, we had an emergency evacuation. First aid at the nearby pharmacy! At the end, I didn't pay the supposed fee because I had to go with a bandaged ear. So much for fashion

2 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by GentleNaaz(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2012
I wnt 2 bab my hair last 2 wks n ws seriously hungry. D barba ws babn n i ws slepn. In my dream i dreamt wr i ws eatn salad until i ws satisfied. Immediately d barba woke me up n i realized i had eatn all d hair cut by d barba. Hitherto, am stil spitn

7 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by Butoneday2(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2012
Mine was just yestaday, just one salon near my house i went dia to barb and i slept, the barber man lock his shop and went home. Imagine?
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by eggheaders(m): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2012
having your haircut.and half way through it ,nepa took the light.those days when generators are not everywhere. na face cap save the situation sha.

2 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by cyril83(m): 9:17am On Nov 22, 2012
But_one_day: Mine was just yestaday, just one salon near my house i went dia to barb and i slept, the barber man lock his shop and went home. Imagine?
oh I see, you must be nairalanding from dat locked shop

1 Like

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by masterpiecer(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2012
Gentle Naaz: I wnt 2 bab my hair last 2 wks n ws seriously hungry. D barba ws babn n i ws slepn. In my dream i dreamt wr i ws eatn salad until i ws satisfied. Immediately d barba woke me up n i realized i had eatn all d hair cut by d barba. Hitherto, am stil spitn

That is y its bad to eat in dreams, imagine ur smelling hair turn to saladshocked grin
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by OPEYEMIAD(m): 9:42am On Nov 22, 2012
i remember in my secondary school days, i want to join my friends doing spotting wave hair. i learn that they were using hair relaxer, then i apply the whole rubber of ozone relaxer to small hair... chai LWTB i cry hell out of my body that day because of the pain
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by hsert(f): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2012
Back in my university days, i was preparing for my exams. I went to the salon and the losed my hair but time was not on my side so i decided to comb it up (afro-like) to do it the next day after exams. There was no light so I used a candle to read, I was still reading while dosing off not knowing that the candle was gradually burning my hair till it almost got to the scalp. Before I realised what was happening, half of my hair was completely burnt while the other half was very full.I had to cut my hair but till today, I've not regained that lost hair as my scalp has never been the same

5 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by Keji3: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2012
Thanks its one month of pain...but I can laugh over all that now

'Keji,

Eyaaaaaaa! Sorry about that. I'm sure you couldn't rest/sleep on the back for days.[/quote]
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by wonda26(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2012
Those dayz when generator waznt evrywhr, midway into my barbing session, Nepa strikes. Leaving me wit a one-sided punk (funny coz the hair style de reign now, but then, see embarrassment na). The annoying thing, †ђe barber cudn't help his laughter, i felt like crying. Went home to get a consolation, my papa &brothers burst laff as soon as i de sight me. Worst of all, face cap nor de fit enter my head. Nepa delay ehn. But as soon as dem bring d light, when i reach d saloon wit my boiling face, d barber nor get choice but to tell d person being barbed to step down 1st. Small pikin sha, now when i think of it, i'm just like, i shudnt have been so upset na

2 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by cyril83(m): 10:29am On Nov 22, 2012
wonda26: Those dayz when generator waznt evrywhr, midway into my barbing session, Nepa strikes. Leaving me wit a one-sided punk (funny coz the hair style de reign now, but then, see embarrassment na). The annoying thing, †ђe barber cudn't help his laughter, i felt like crying. Went home to get a consolation, my papa &brothers burst laff as soon as i de sight me. Worst of all, face cap nor de fit enter my head. Nepa delay ehn. But as soon as dem bring d light, when i reach d saloon wit my boiling face, d barber nor get choice but to tell d person being barbed to step down 1st. Small pikin sha, now when i think of it, i'm just like, i shudnt have been so upset na
and there is nowhere you could buy blade and comb in your area?
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by IlCapitano(m): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2012
Went to the barbing salon one saturday evening for a hair cut, the barber had just begun when-you -know-who seized power. Had to wear a face cap to church the next day to cover the ugly looking patches. It was all good till an overzealous elder walked to my seat and removed the cap.

6 Likes

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by wonda26(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2012
cyril83: and there is nowhere you could buy blade and comb in your area?
Did u see where i said i waz young?? Besides, not evry1 does hair/comb stuff. †ђe barber didn't bring up that idea, but u expect me to know that, moreso as at that age

1 Like

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by missblessiN(f): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Mine was two years ago
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by smileyprin(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2012
mine was recently..ive been keepn my hair for a while then i decided to reduce it a lil bit....on explaining to the barber he inserted the clipper comb and started suddenly the comb removed from the clipper nd he cut right down to my scalp...my face turned different shades out of anger,had to cut off everythin includin my facial hair nd beards thereby lookn like a recruit for two wks.

1 Like

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by lolaluv1(f): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2012
@ stories....
Eyah! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2012
But_one_day: Mine was just yestaday, just one salon near my house i went dia to barb and i slept, the barber man lock his shop and went home. Imagine?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked . Are you for real? How did you get out then?
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:58am On Nov 22, 2012
Il Capitano: Went to the barbing salon one saturday evening for a hair cut, the barber had just begun when-you -know-who seized power. Had to wear a face cap to church the next day to cover the ugly looking patches. It was all good till an overzealous elder walked to my seat and removed the cap.

I can only imagine what you went through when your cap was removed. Pele, eyaaaa!
Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by ridboy94(m): 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2012
mine was wen i went to carve my hair,my barber was absent so i decided to use his apprentice.d guy carve my hair nter like mad makin look like a bald man.i had to keep my hair 4 months to regain d hair

1 Like

Re: Most Terrible Thing That Ever Happened To You During A Beauty Session.. by Gombs(m): 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2012
cyril83: Super glue entered my left eye whil fixing eye lashes...robocop smile

R u gay?...a male fixing eyelashes?...u need Jesus bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surprise From Cocoa Butter Cream / Tattoo Regrets: Check This Before U Follow Face Only Advice - Tatto Gurl / Hair Braids Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.