Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies (7151 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 21, 2012
caseless: what about movies like izaga, amadioha, igodo, vulga,oracle, last burial, etc....where are their directors and producers? The whole is thing left for the 'rush and make' directors and producers...smh
trye,among the lot you mentioned i watched Igodo and all of us girls fell in love with Chidi Mokeme then,and i always wanted to watch Shango or Sango..but havent been able to do so till date,those were the glory days of Nollywood
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by stagger: 10:34am On Nov 21, 2012
I thought I was the only one who noticed this trend. A real turn-off.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by alajor(m): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2012
I don't even watch those 9ja movies anymore except for a few comedies with sam loco in it. Or mr ibu acting alongside okey bakassi. Even d comedies of now can't compare wit those of then, I remember tortoise,osuofiasn,okochi etc
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by donotbanme1: 11:19am On Nov 21, 2012
ehie: there was one director,the one that produced Mama Gee and One Dollar,i think his name was issac moses or so,he was hilarious,i wonder where he is now-

Kingsley Ogoro productions are wonderful.

Alot of the current producers and directors are mediocres.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by donotbanme1: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2012
fittty: Do they even act?

They just play around and get paid for ''akpakoro''.

I watched a movie where Jim Iyke went half naked with saggy jeans and was kissing/romancing one chubby ghanaian actress on singlets. I just told myself ''WTF''. So dirty and meaningless.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Caseless: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2012
ehie: trye,among the lot you mentioned i watched Igodo and all of us girls fell in love with Chidi Mokeme then,and i always wanted to watch Shango or Sango..but havent been able to do so till date,those were the glory days of Nollywood
hmmmm... A bad one for the movie industry...
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by grandlexuz(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2012
The screaming bit is popular with the "ACTRESSES". Overacting it is called! Champions of it are Ini Edo, Tonto Dike, Uche Jumbo and Amaechi Muonagor.. Gone are the days when Nollywood made cheap but interesting films like Headmaster, One Dollar, Stupid, Submission, Oracle, Ijele and a few others. These days all you get are films that are made of part 1-6. The quality has plunge over the years and is all about making plenty of dough out of nothing. The only people I still find interesting are the older men. Most of the regular elders from Diewait Ikpechukwu, Roy Denani, Chiwetalu Agu, Fabian Adibe, Pete Eneh to Pete Edochie, Enebeli Elebuwa, Olu Jacobs have proven their worth far better than the younger generation. Some actresses leave you with the impression the film director or producer is whooping their asses..lol
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Abbott(m): 11:52am On Nov 21, 2012
Nollywood = Crapwood!

Posted from my Surface
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2012
caseless: in the so called epic movie of these days, u'd hear things like 'WORREVER', 'LIKE SERIOUSLY, ARE U OK?', and u can even see priests(those consulting the oracle/gods) using blackberry fone. So much rawbish in the industry....
lol. Reminds me of some actors in a Yoruba epic movie with d hair cut of Obama Style, Punk, Tints etc. I rmbrd asking wether those hair styles existed in Yorubaland around 300 years ago. Bunch of money hungry people who don't use their brains well.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by normaljenny(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
I just. Finished watching the expendables 2 and it was just a rubbish film and I guess jim iyke, chidi mokeme, vulga, would have acted better than all those hollywood big stars. Nollywood has more quality films than Hollywood. Them hollywood directors and producers should come down here and take courses on showbiz production and do better films in yankee.....

Sent from my customised Nokia 3310.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by SisiKill1: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
I don't know why this is being presented like some groundbreaking discovery.

Nigerians as a whole scream and shout unnecessarily. So why do expect anything other than banshee like noise in the moview?
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by dejiyusuf: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2012
Imanuelle: Send from my Samsung Galaxy III
Is this the new ''Niraland trend'' ?
From My Ipad grin grin
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Caseless: 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa:
lol. Reminds me of some actors in a Yoruba epic movie with d hair cut of Obama Style, Punk, Tints etc. I rmbrd asking wether those hair styles existed in Yorubaland around 300 years ago. Bunch of money hungry people who don't use their brains well.
this post gat me lolling like lolling machine..... Yoruba own too funny, u can even hear 'mofe lo ra miniras(mineral..pepsi)' , 'beben lo' , or names like 'jeniffer, richard, coker, henshaw, branch' in epic movies....how the names take de for those days i nor knw...

1 Like

Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by misterh(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
deji yusuf:
Is this the new ''Niraland trend'' ?
From My Ipad grin grin
I wonder o!

Sent from my Trium!
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by nagoma(m): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
991: i'd rather watched a graphic black & white image of SCRAMBLED CHANNEL for an hour than to watch clueless nollywood movies.

Clueless? So they belong to him?? No wonder!!
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by nneh1(f): 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
caseless: nothing is good about them this day and that's why u discovered that ghanians have hijacked nollywood by their indecent movies and by also recycling our old novies and stories....sad one...
ghana have not hyjacked nollywood, all they abt is nude films which you like .
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by vanstanzy(m): 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
For me i have got one word for Nollywood... And that word is 'CRAP'.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Caseless: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
nneh1: ghana have not hyjacked nollywood, all they abt is nude films which you like .
they are recycling our stories and maybe with a little bit of indecency. I no nor like nude' films oooo....why waisting my time watchin their scotched booty when i can go and grab a gal and cool-off without having to suffer under continious thought of sex....
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by VillageBoi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
normaljenny: I just. Finished watching the expendables 2 and it was just a rubbish film and I guess jim iyke, chidi mokeme, vulga, would have acted better than all those hollywood big stars. Nollywood has more quality films than Hollywood. Them hollywood directors and producers should come down here and take courses on showbiz production and do better films in yankee.....
Sent from my customised Nokia 3310.

NormalJenny you really can't be 'normal' if you think that.

Sent from my Talking Drum!
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by YoungBrain: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
... Sent from My Nokia 3310
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Orikinla(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Freiburger: African are known for for screaming and shouting, so it shouldn't be something new.
You are funny.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Caseless: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2012
VillageBoi:

NormalJenny you really can't be 'normal' if you think that.

Sent from my Talking Drum!
and i'm also viewin ur post from the viewing center...

Via DSTV DECODER
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by otigainspires(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
The more reason why they should give way to young professionals like us. They are not making it easy for the upcoming acts.
We hope to clean up the mess they've created someday, somehow.
The success of a good movie relies on the script writer but even when the story goes well but directors bring in imattured artist to inteprete the films.
Some producers are now producing full movies in just 2weeks its already in the market.
The industry is also driven with money rather than the passion for the job. I was at one Nollywood Talent Hunt show recently, what i saw is a story for another day.

I hope to make a difference someday. Hold me by my word.
Monday Alih
http://otigainspires.com
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Originalsly: 12:56am On Nov 22, 2012
So on point! The screaming is so unnecssary and so distractive. Well...they always say when people have nothing interesting to say they make up with volume. Nollywood had "arrived" in the US around 2002 when the movies sold like hot cakes despite being shot by non professional equipment. Nollywood was selling culture and didn't even know....African culture. And who were the ambassadors?... Genevieve, Omotola, (Blood Sister...most popular Nollywood movie in the US), Stella Damascus, Mama G, Nkem, Frances Duru and a few others .....and Chidi Chekere as best director....all represented Nollywood very well. Nollywood now has far better equipment...but has lost its way with these wannabe American screaming heads who don't have a clue about screen acting. And yet....the produvers are still wondering why their movies are sitting on the rack collecting dust...even at half price. Let me shut up.

1 Like

Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Originalsly: 1:23am On Nov 22, 2012
Inspite of all I said above....do support the better movies and help improve the standard of Nollywood. I recommend that you go see. Tony Abulu's "Dr Bello"..... a movie professionally shot in New York City and Nigeria featuring Vivica Fox, Isaiah Washington of the US and the cream of Nollywood... Genevieve, Stephanie and a few others..... all non screamers and all screen actors! ..."Dr. Bello" movie...go google it for more info.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by myssy(f): 1:30am On Nov 25, 2012
dey've said it all, Naija comedies r d only movies worth watchin in Nollywood cos wit al due respect, deir drama SUCKS nd amen 2 d recomemded actin classes
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by Owen2(m): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2012
What the actors/actresses and directors don't understand is that subtlety often conveys emotions more effectively. What they don't also understand is that every possible emotion can be seen and felt by the audience on the actress/actor's face even without them uttering a word. Finally, they need to understand, and it is the director that should tell them this, that the dialogue shouldn't be what should tell the audience how you feel, the dialogue is only a symptom of what the actor feels on the inside, not the real deal. Everything you feel is on your face! So they have to properly internalize their roles and lines and deliver without screaming the building down. But ofcourse, they wouldn't know this since they don't give a hoot for research.
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by kokoA(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
The one wey dey vex me pass be say these days anybody wey fit open yansh small for 'film' be celebrity.. I scan through entertainment section of newspapers only to discover that I hardly know these so called 'celebrities'
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by jeok(m): 8:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
kevyngbash: I noticed it too. They always shout and are aggressive.even when they are standing close to themselves.
grin Am telling u!,its a big mess!,they r nt only hurting their vocal cords bt also sending a message that Nigerians r mean and angry people...and its actually more of screeching than screaming.The annoying part is that the situation itself doesn't demand such shouting;might just be Musa who answered his madam at the second call and she goes hay-wire for the next 1 hour after which you are notified to get the part 2 which tells you how the screaming ends and how Musa got fired!
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by jeok(m): 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
kokoA: The one wey dey vex me pass be say these days anybody wey fit open yansh small for 'film' be celebrity.. I scan through entertainment section of newspapers only to discover that I hardly know these so called 'celebrities'
It's terrible...they think the more sexual scenes,the more developed the industry is but they are failing woefully!
Re: Unnecessary Screaming And Shouting In Nollywood Movies by nlPoster: 2:34am On Feb 04, 2020
I pray i can make a difference

Did you ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 1 / A Nairalander, Kennypoka Wins The 2017 Homevida Script Competition / '3 IDIOTS' Ranchodas Shamaldas Chanchad......fan Page!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.