Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! (4331 Views)

Se Versus Sw,good And Healthy Competition,no Bashing,please.-obamaofusa / Nigeria's Lame Duck CBN Governor Takes A Bashing / Saw This Online And Just Wanna Share, Waiting For So Many Bashing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by jibitoye(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2006
“You also said strenghtening our institutions does not guarantee much”

Omoifa,
I have read my post again, and I can’t seem to find where I mentioned that. In fact, if I did, that would have easily obfuscated the import of what I wrote!

My sincere unbelief in the TTA as is now known is borne on the premise that it definitely does not harbour any good for our politico-economic structures and that is exactly what I wrote.
Over time, strengthening these institutions will definitely guarantee that political office holders will not ride rough-shod on the people putting them in power.

And in any case, I think you have failed to understand that when we talk about social institutions, we do not only mention those that drive the economy. In fact there is no absolute limit to what can be included in that mere word. But what they all have in common is the ability to provide the right social framework to produce a sense of nationhood and also that they are guided by rules that ensure that the people will believe whatever they get out of them is justifiable and fair.

And this is also my grouse with a lot of supporters of the erstwhile amendment charade that it was all hinged on OBJ’s attempt at improving the economy. The economy just by itself can not survive in chaos!

You have mentioned that we will be on a roller-coaster if we just change a performing executive simply because the rules allow that.
Need I bring out the inconsistencies of thought here? Need I point out that your support for solid institutions also must include respect for the rules that guarantee the strength of such institutions?

Sincerely, it is a new day after the defeat of the TTA now. In truth, we all should drop our battle swords now and go back to watch cautiously the events that will unfold.
Make no mistakes, there will be a lot of intrigues and there will be foul play but we just should keep on alert to bring into the public arena the enemies within.
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by twinstaiye(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2006
I wont be a party to this, i will rather praise him. He is the most kind hearted president and he meant well 4 nigerian
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by Ashiwaju(m): 2:37pm On May 23, 2006
twinstaiye:

He is the most kind hearted president and he meant well 4 nigerian

U wish!
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by ldollier(f): 2:40pm On May 23, 2006
OBJ i hate you, i hate you. foolish man, useless man. you have brought suffering to my people. wicked man. i hope you get your reward someday. foolish man. daft bat
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by twinstaiye(m): 3:47pm On May 23, 2006
ldollier:

OBJ i hate you, i hate you. foolish man, useless man. you have brought suffering to my people. wicked man. i hope you get your reward someday. foolish man. daft bat
You know when you point one fingers at someone, the rest is pointed at you.
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by ldollier(f): 3:51pm On May 23, 2006
bia, you this obj supporter wetin concine you with my comment. we all know that your dear obj never did any good for nigeria. don't vex me oo. your not the only one that will love obj. some most people hates him you know. hiss
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by Ashiwaju(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2006
@ Idollier,

No mind Double Taye, He is a loser just like his so called best presi Ever, He's a bigot and he will never change his mind about that yeye man.

But come to think of it, you too yab that man no be small ooo, Abeg take am easy on the man and for Double taye to say "point one finger and the rest is whatever. Dts so silly of you. Which kinda thing b dt? shey na Idollier they chop all the money ni? If u like clamour till jesus come, them no go give u pass the 200 naira per meeting for selling of yah conscience
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by ldollier(f): 4:29pm On May 23, 2006
lol, lol ok that was funny
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by twinstaiye(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2006
Ashiwaju:

@ Idollier,

No mind Double Taye, He is a loser just like his so called best presi Ever, He's a bigot and he will never change his mind about that yeye man.

But come to think of it, you too yab that man no be small ooo, Abeg take am easy on the man and for Double taye to say "point one finger and the rest is whatever. Dts so silly of you. Which kind of thing b dt? shey na Idollier they chop all the money ni? If u like clamour till jesus come, them no go give u pass the 200 naira per meeting for selling of yah conscience
And you Ashiwaju, what are you attacking OBJ for? perhaps your interest and conscience lies in another candidate, where you know you will benefit. No matter how I support OBJ, I wont resort to abusive language, I am above that. Keep on abusing me or your President, speak well of whom you are. Shame!
ldollier:

bia, you this obj supporter wetin concine you with my comment. we all know that your dear obj never did any good for nigeria. don't vex me oo. your not the only one that will love obj. some most people hates him you know. hiss
Where your hated stop, others likeness of him start. We are not the same. You can read your abusive post again, it is damn too way out of it.
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by owo(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2008
Oooops!!! I was just going through the few topics that I've replied to in this forum and stumbled on this one.

It makes an interesting read, especially as it seems that the chickens have come home to roost on the subject matter.

Hopefully, men, women, children and all who read will learn that might is not right neither is greed equal to positive ambition. Also that the end of the wicked is destruction either here or in the hereafter.
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by ono(m): 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2008
owo:

Oooops!!! I was just going through the few topics that I've replied to in this forum and stumbled on this one.

It makes an interesting read, especially as it seems that the chickens have come home to roost on the subject matter.

Hopefully, men, women, children and all who read will learn that might is not right neither is greed equal to positive ambition. Also that the end of the wicked is destruction either here or in the hereafter.

Hey bros, great to have u back. Wots up where you dey now?
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by yonybanta(m): 9:23am On Jul 15, 2009
Obasanjo administration has nothing to do with bashing, i wander why some people are so negative about OBJ. When you critically observe the people OBJ invited to serve in his administration you will know that the old man meant well for the country. what about his various reforms reforms in different sectors, what about the national debt he pay off, what about FCT, what about anti-graft war.

The plane crashes that happen in Nigeria during OBJ was not as the result of his administration failure, after all from the beginning of this year there has been series of plane crashes in the developed nations of the world since they have efficient governance why can't they control them from occurring.

For the third term bid, rather than wasting our years doing nothing in this Yar'Adua regime, the continuation of Obj regime with his reforms and his different developments will be better of. But that does not mean that Obj is perfect, lets be sincere to ourselves the old man has tried for Nigeria. In fact he is the best president Nigeria has ever had considering his achievements. Ponder upon it!
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by ikeyman00(m): 9:35am On Jul 15, 2009
thread closed

with the third term

yes god want am like that

upon all the good people in naija na only yaramugu him fit see with his eyes abi

yes he meant well for the country

power money and road maintainance with andy uba gone without remorse, yes he meant well

the clever yorubas has already disowned him, people like u is the reason naija de move back

even little ghana has made 3 step forward, while under obj we made 5 backwards

abeg no get no vexed now! fool
Re: Obasanjo Bashing: Have Your Say! by 401kk: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2015
our darling obj.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should The President Resign? / Nigeria Launches 2 New Satellites Into Orbit - GEJ Confirms on NTA / Recently "Discovered" Crude Oil In Kwara: What Happened To It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.