Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records (2397 Views)

Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games / Grand Theft Auto 5 Breaks Seven World Records. / The Official Call Of Duty :: Black Ops Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Leadn(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2012
Playing games could be fun and also a gateway to Guinness world records as is the case of Okan Kaya, who got a spot for playing Call of Duty: Black Ops II over 135 hours

On Monday, the sales manager at the Sydney-based online retailer 4Cabling set a Guinness World Record for the longest video game marathon ever by playing over 122 135 hours of blockbuster first-person shooter Black Ops II.

That tops the previous record of 120 hours, 7 minutes, which was set earlier this year by a Canadian duo playing Sony’s Resistance series.

It took Kaya seven days to reach the 135 hour, 50 minute mark, though he didn’t actually play in one long uninterrupted session. According to Guinness rules, players are granted one ten-minute break every hour, and any unspent time is accumulated. By skipping several breaks, Kaya was able to actually catch a little sleep and stay in relatively good spirits.

Unsupervised gaming marathons have, in the past, resulted in tragedies. In July a Taiwanese man collapsed and died following a 40-hour Diablo III marathon at an internet café. Last year, an American gamer suffered a pulmonary embolism during a 20-hour Xbox session.

Official record-breaking attempts are closely monitored, however, and Kaya was accompanied at all times by a rotating crew of supporters and witnesses. He also exercised and alternated between sitting and standing positions while he played.

And make no mistake: he really played the game. By the end of his epic session, Kaya was ranked 37th on the Black Ops II leaderboards. The game itself is a record-breaker as well, earning over $500 million in its first 24 hours.

http://xtremegists.com/2012/11/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-gets-man-guinness-world-records/
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/australian-man-breaks-gaming-marathon-record-122-hours-201104147.html

Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Bawss1(m): 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
Hmmm. I wonder what he does for a living.
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Leadn(m): 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bawss1: Hmmm. I wonder what he does for a living.

he' the sales manager naw cheesy should have read thru the first paragraph...

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 22, 2012
I remember one Indian guy beat GTA4 in like 40 hours...straight...as in NO BREAKS. undecided
There is no way in hell I would do that.

In fact I spend more time on my laptop (business, school work, youtube..NL! grin) than I do playing my games and even I am a gaming fiend. grin
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Leadn: In July a Taiwanese man collapsed and died following a 40-hour Diablo III marathon at an internet café. Last year, an American gamer suffered a pulmonary embolism during a 20-hour Xbox session.

[size=68pt]-_-[/size]

I respect the dead so my comment I reserve.
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Leadn(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
*Kails*:

[size=68pt]-_-[/size]

I respect the dead so my comment I reserve.

Lol cheesy grin

I plan on breaking that record next year though tongue

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Existenz55: 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
He didn't break it. Before you try a record, you have to ask Guinness for a permission. After they give you the permission you can try to do it. I know that because i am going to play Crysis 3 (i already have a permission to try to beat the record from Guinness) and beat the current record (120 hours and 7 min) on 23 February 2013 22:00 (GTM+2). For more information follow and watch me live on http://twich.tv/existenz55
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Leadn:

Lol cheesy grin

I plan on breaking that record next year though tongue

undecided undecided

lol. you must have seen a casket you liked. undecided
una nor born well at all!! even i have my limits! 6 hours is the max for me o. tongue grin
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Bawss1(m): 7:44am On Feb 14, 2013
Existenz55: He didn't break it. Before you try a record, you have to ask Guinness for a permission. After they give you the permission you can try to do it. I know that because i am going to play Crysis 3 (i already have a permission to try to beat the record from Guinness) and beat the current record (120 hours and 7 min) on 23 February 2013 22:00 (GTM+2). For more information follow and watch me live on http://twich.tv/existenz55

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by Leadn(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

undecided undecided

lol. you must have seen a casket you liked. undecided
una nor born well at all!! even i have my limits! 6 hours is the max for me o. tongue grin

Lool I most certainly do... its even under my bed sef grin
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Gets Man Guinness World Records by horlart4all2050(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2013
god knows i cant play that long.... those guys are really trying

(1) (Reply)

Playstation 4 Uncharted 4 Awesome Combat Screenshots / Playstation 4 Console For Sale (with 2 Controllers And 2 Games) / The Only Way To Play FIFA 14, FIFA 15 Or FIFA 16 Offline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.