Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games (21115 Views)

Call Of Duty Games At One Place ? / Call Of Duty Video Games Ranked From Worst To Best / Official Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 Community For PS4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by 36posts: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
Call of Duty is a first-person shooter video game franchise. It began on Microsoft Windows, and later expanded to consoles and handhelds.

Here is a list of the top ten entries into the Call of Duty franchise; however this is only including the main entries in the series so no love will be given to the numerous handheld versions of the game.

10. Call of Duty 3

[img]http://i0.wp.com/36posts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Cod-3_2.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=702%2C390[/img]

Following the impressive Call of Duty 2, the third entry into the series did little to differentiate itself from the previous titles. While still enjoyable, it’s was hard to shake the sense of déjà vu I experienced while playing yet another World War II inspired shooter. That being said, it is an entirely competent shooter, and fans of the series might find it refreshing to revisit this 2006 title.

3/5 stars

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

[img]http://i1.wp.com/36posts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Cod-MW3_0.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=702%2C393[/img]

In a similar fashion to Call of Duty 3, Modern Warfare 3 failed to capitalize on what made the prior two games in the Modern Warfare series special. Cookie-cutter characters created a stale and uninspired story, and left gamers wanting more. Of course the frantic, fast passed multiplayer made a return, although it lacked the innovation of the prior games. More of the same isn’t always a negative however, and those invested in the Modern Warfare storyline will find something to love in this game.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013)
[img]http://i2.wp.com/36posts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Cod-Ghosts_0.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=702%2C388[/img]

Ranked One of the best Games Of 2013.

Yes, it looks amazing!
A lot better then the Black Ops series which might as well be a sci-fiction game because we can’t tell difference. Go original Call of Duty and Modern Warfare.

Lets get back into the Brownings, and Winchester Sniper Rifles, enough of Black Ops and electro guns and crap.

3.5/5 Stars

Call of Duty 2

[img]http://i1.wp.com/36posts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Cod-2_0.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=702%2C497[/img]
Call of Duty 2 also touts an impressive story that still manages to be relevant today. The edges may be rough, but I believe that those nostalgic about past Call of Duty games will find much to enjoy in this title.

http://36posts.com/2015/10/call-of-duty-check-out-the-best-cod-games/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by cao(f): 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
And here's the rest
6. Call of Duty

While certainly not the best in the series, I would be remiss not to mention the father of them all — 2003’s Call of Duty. With some surprisingly helpful AI, you’re not just a super soldier like in some of the later games – you are part of a team. It might be refreshing to see Activision take notes from this game and try to focus on characters over dramatic set pieces.

5. Call of Duty: World at War

Does this game have a great, memorable story? No. Was the multiplayer particularly interesting? Not really. Then why is this game so high on your list? One word – zombies. It’s really easy to excuse the disappointing story and multiplayer when you are busy shooting Nazi zombies in the face. It’s hard to imagine Call of Duty without zombies, so for that reason alone World at War deserves its spot on this list.

4/5 Stars

4. Call of Duty: Black Ops

non-linear story with the protagonist Alex Mason, created one of the most compelling campaigns in recent memory. At let us not forget the inclusion of the zombie survival mode, which built upon and improved almost every aspect found in the original. How exactly? Well, if you thought shooting Nazi zombies in the face was fun before, just wait until you hear the playful banter between Fidel Castro and JFK as swarms of zombies invade the White House. Seriously, it’s not something to be missed.

4.5/5 Stars

3. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Perhaps the greatest leap since the original Modern Warfare, this Call of Duty game served as the shot in the arm the series needed. With the perfect mix of technology, perks, and bad-ass squad mates, Troy Baker’s Jack Mitchell takes on a private military group led by Jonathan Irons (voiced by the legendary Kevin Spacey.) This is a must play even for those who hate the series, as the new exo-suit abilities serve to overhaul the games mechanics. Somehow Sledgehammer Games managed to make the fast paced action in this Call of Duty game even faster – and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

4.5/5 Stars

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

2009’s following to the revolutionary Modern Warfare, this entry continued the series’ trajectory of excellence. Following the events of Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 sees players take control of an elite squadron of soldiers hot on the trail of a Russian ultranationalist. This Call of Duty game didn’t transform the series like its predecessor had, but it did enough to build on the formula to create a memorable game in its own right. Multiplayer felt as slick as ever, and in fact still holds up today if you are able to find a game. And of course the infamous “No Russian” mission still remains one of the most shocking of the entire series.

4.5/5 Stars

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Featuring a gripping tale from the perspective of Sgt. Paul Jackson, Sgt. “Soap” MacTavish, and Lieutenant John Price this marked the series’ departure from its traditional World War II setting. People might prefer the story in Modern Warfare 2, but it’s impossible to deny the impact the game had on the genre.

Most notably, the introduction of killstreaks was quickly adopted by the entire industry and is now a staple in first person shooters. Future titles might have improved and refined the formula, but no single Call of Duty game did as much to elevate the franchise as this sensational title.
5/5 Stars

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by khalhokage(m): 3:07am On Oct 18, 2015
Your list was invalidated by Call of duty ghosts.
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by 36posts: 3:07am On Oct 18, 2015
khalhokage:

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by 36posts: 11:50am On Oct 18, 2015
khalhokage:

How?
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by khalhokage(m): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
36posts:

How?

It's one of the worst cod game in recent times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by basille(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Swap Advanced warfare for Black ops, then the list is spot on.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by 36posts: 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
basille:
Swap Advanced warfare for Black ops, then the list is spot on.

Play the game again.
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by Coach8: 7:17am On Oct 24, 2015
How did black ops 2 (the best) not make this list and ghosts did.

5 Likes

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by veekid(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Played 1&2 before
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by Akwasi(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
Violence is being glorified in this world to children and we wonder where all these terrorists are coming from?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by ninovandross(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
My best is cod ever advance warfare, ill like black ops 2 also
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by fratermathy(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by sucreblazing(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Na those wey there papa and mama don hustle hard for them to spend dey get time to play game now...(My opinion though).. Se me wey I go don hustle hard from morning till evening go get time to play game ?

9 Likes

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by teepsee(f): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
Don't like this things called game, don't know why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by tydi(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
game phobia
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by tydi(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
teepsee:
Don't like this things called game, don't know why

so what do u like?
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by dmcdad: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
Black Ops 2 is still the best IMO.
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by yunggenius(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice list, I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I love FPS games anywhere i see it. grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by dmcdad: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Beats the shiit outta me.

There is no debate about that, Black Ops 2 is the best with a wide margin. Then, we can talk about Advanced Warfare and Modern Warfare 3.
Coach8:
How did black ops 2 (the best) not make this list and ghosts did.
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by dmcdad: 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
FPS, my best genre of games. By a long shot for that matter.
yunggenius:
Nice list, I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I love FPS games anywhere i see it. grin
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by BiggerBangs: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
grin

[size=20pt]Am not a Gamer...''WTF'' [/size]kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
I like battle field 3.

''Taking cover''! ''Giving Cover''!

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
cod ghost and advanced warfare are my best
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
dabriggs:

I like battle field 3.
''Taking cover''! ''Giving Cover''!
av u played battlefield four?
Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
Robbbish thread.. Only on NL front page undecided

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
loftuscheek:

av u played battlefield four?

Nope. What I have is a PS3.

I thought battle field 4 is on PS4?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Psvita Discussion And Game Swap Hub / Ps3 Slim With Games For Sale / Over 250 LATEST PS4 Games (.pkg) and hacking of Ps4 Consoles **ABUJA**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.