Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,577 members, 7,840,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... (1115 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / What Is The Most Difficult Thing To Find In Life? / Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by sienna116(f): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
Something happened to me on my way to work today. Aapparently one of the buttons of my blouse had been left undone. More especially as I noticed that I had more than a fair share of admirers today(albeit for the wrong reason). And as a fine chick, I was loving the attention, until a lady told me that one of my buttons was left undone. As much as I appreciate her efforts, I begin to wonder why all the people who were admiring(supposedly) didn't deem it fit to tell me. And I begin to wonder, why do we find it difficult to tell some "hey your fly is open", "button up your top"? etc. I really appreciate what the lady did because I could have gone the whole day looking not knowing that a portion of my private anatomy is making its way to the public...
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by EfemenaXY: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
I think it's two-fold:

As a lady, it's a lot easier and less suspicious to tell your female counterpart that she's got loose bit of clothing...but it's quite different telling a man (who isn't your husband / boyfriend) that. You say that to a man, and you'll come across as a suggestive if not lewd female, looking for "it".

How you wan talk am sef? "Excuse me sir, but your zip's undone??..." <shivers> I think not.

Same thing goes for the guys (to an extent). I presume guys would think nothing of alerting a brother that his "fly" has come loose. But to tell a female? Nah, most men would rather keep quiet and enjoy the free show, rather than risk getting dirty looks or even insults for their effort.
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by k2039: 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
Very simple because you will ask me what my eyes was doing over there.So to save you and myself from being embarrassed it's wisdom to keep mute(except you probably my family member or extremely close friend).
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by sienna116(f): 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2012
@efemena and k2039, I agree it looks awkward epscially being told by the opposite sex, but even people of the same gender won't even say anything. Judging by wat I felt today, I think its important they know and I am sure they would really appreciate it
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by EfemenaXY: 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
^^ Perhaps, the other ladies didn't notice. Or where they also part of your unwanted admirers?
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by k2039: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
sienna116: @efemena and k2039, I agree it looks awkward epscially being told by the opposite sex, but even people of the same gender won't even say anything. Judging by wat I felt today, I think its important they know and I am sure they would really appreciate it

The issue is just that you can only speak for yourself,some people are just lunatic who will never appreciate correction at that,they will rather result to insult,they find it hard to say thank you
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by slimyem: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
I don't find it difficult to tell any female her fly's open and do not expect that anyone(even though i might be a bit embarrased if its coming from a male) would find it difficult to tell me same...
But for a guy,it would depend on who he is or appears to be..
Someone with sense should say thank you,adjust and move on to the next thing..but if you do that with most of my Naija guys,anything wey your ears hear thereafter,na you ask for it o!
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by EfemenaXY: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
^^ Just imagine alerting your average agbero / roadside mechanic / bus conductor that their fly is undone...

Unbearable thought.

@poster, there is a saying: Let sleeping dogs lie, that way you won't get bitten...
Re: Hey, Your Fly In Open!..why Do We Find It Difficult... by slimyem: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Just imagine alerting your average agbero / roadside mechanic / bus conductor that their fly is undone...

Unbearable thought.

@poster, there is a saying: Let sleeping dogs lie, that way you won't get bitten...
Exactly!!
...except you are willing to have yourself rubbished thoroughly..

(1) (Reply)

I Must Solve My Problem The African Way / Come Lets Go Into My Room! With My Teenage Daughter, Eh! / Children, Joy Of Every Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.