Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,282 members, 7,822,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— (7730 Views)

Do Wives Do This Or I Just Have A Bad One? / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Work In Distant Places Cope Sexually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by bigass(f): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2013
An exemplary wife works for the good of her household. (Prov. 14:1) In contrast with a foolish woman, who shows disrespect for the headship arrangement, a wise woman has deep respect for this provision. Rather than manifesting the world’s attitude of disobedience and independence, she is in submission to her mate. (Eph. 2:2) A wife who is foolish does not hesitate to speak unfavorably of her husband, whereas a wise woman works to increase the respect that her children and others have for him. Such a wife is careful not to undermine her husband’s headship by nagging him or arguing with him. There is also the matter of being economical. A foolish woman likely squanders her family’s hard-earned resources. A supportive wife cooperates with her husband in financial matters. Her way of doing things is marked by prudence and economy. She does not pressure her husband to work overtime

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by troy20(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2013
subjection Quite a choice of word.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Godmother(f): 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Long epistle; couldn't read it. But from the topic, if you show your wife love subjection will come easily to her. Infact she will become a "yes sir" yes sir" woman. The problem with some Nigerian men is that they don't play their part but expect the woman to do hers and they are always so quick to quote scriptures about submission. Though whenever they are reading that verse of the Bible they close their eyes to the part where the Bible first says men should love their wives.

If its not that then its the issue of them cheating and treating the women like crap, even in public. Imagine a man calling his wife a goat and in public for that matter! The poor woman wanted to sink into the floor out of shame. Not all men sha, but some men act this way

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by soulglo: 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
Definition of Subjection

the action of subjecting a country or person to one's control or the fact of being subjected.
"the country's subjection to European colonialism"
synonyms: subjugation, domination, oppression, mastery, repression, suppression

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by ifyalways(f): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Subjection ko, objection ni.
Shiorrrrrr.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
O dikwa serious.
Women una don hear.
From henceforth, be subjective to ur husbands.
So that u will be good wives morally.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Toyinletstalk(f): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
Everything in simple terms boils down to "up bringing", the environment, type of friends kept, what you read and watch. And for some, it is just an innate character that requires the laying of hands.

The easiest way to know what you are getting into, is to watch reactions to simple things.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Daresh(f): 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Godmother: Long epistle; couldn't read it. But from the topic, if you show your wife love subjection will come easily to her. Infact she will become a "yes sir" yes sir" woman. The problem with some Nigerian men is that they don't play their part but expect the woman to do hers and they are always so quick to quote scriptures about submission. Though whenever they are reading that verse of the Bible they close their eyes to the part where the Bible first says men should love their wives.

If its not that then its the issue of them cheating and treating the women like crap, even in public. Imagine a man calling his wife a goat and in public for that matter! The poor woman wanted to sink into the floor out of shame. Not all men sha, but some men act this way

I agree. I have never met a man who truly loves his wife and she does not submit. You cannot treat a woman like crap and then force her to submit, abi na donkey e marry?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 03, 2013
All this things are just cause and effect.if you love your wife,submission will come naturally,infact even is she is a hardened,arrogant,independent minded freak,she wont know when she will be submissive to her husband,but if he is the usual animals we have around that call themselves husbands who believe husbandship is only about is my food ready? Or open your wrapper,then we will see submissive women when tinubu becomes the prime minister of u.k.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Godmother(f): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2013
Daresh:

I agree. I have never met a man who truly loves his wife and she does not submit. You cannot treat a woman like crap and then force her to submit, abi na donkey e marry?

Thank you jare Daresh! I once dated a guy that loved me so much and I was willing to do anything to keep him happy and it was surprising cos then I was a very sturbbon person

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Miner13: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2013
Coz most lack the true habitable moral and most jump into marriage without the knowledge of what itz hold
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by troy20(m): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
maybe cause they are not conquests?
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by maclatunji: 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
kulyie: All this things are just cause and effect.if you love your wife,submission will come naturally,infact even is she is a hardened,arrogant,independent minded freak,she wont know when she will be submissive to her husband,but if he is the usual animals we have around that call themselves husbands who believe husbandship is only about is my food ready? Or open your wrapper,then we will see submissive women when tinubu becomes the prime minister of u.k.

I do not agree that submissiveness comes naturally with good treatment. Some good men are frustrated by their wives.

I believe it comes more with a woman's upbringing and the values she has decided to priotise in her life. A woman who wants to be submissive would want a husband that she can respect and gladly follow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by coogar: 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
Daresh:

then you have never met some naija women......true love to them is an opportunity to treat their men like doormats.

maclatunji:
I do not agree that submissiveness comes naturally with good treatment. Some good men are frustrated by their wives.

I believe it comes more with a woman's upbringing and the values she has decided to priotise in her life.
A woman who wants to be submissive would want a husband that she can respect and gladly follow.

thank you very much for this piece....
a lot of these women had disturbing childhood that has turned them into wild animals. good treatment or bad treatment cannot heal the scars of their childhood.

we were laughing at the text message responses the other day when some men were asked to send "i love you" texts to their wives - but those responses cannot be too far from the truth.
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Daresh:

Thank you!!!but some women love to take advantage though.
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by bukatyne(f): 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Not all good men make loving husbands

The first step to loving your wife is to know what makes her happy and do it. A lot of men and women generalize on what women/men would like or not like. Everyday, threads are opened to tell us what makes a good husband or wife.

If I had a guy who thinks all it entails to show me love is buy the world, we would have lasted long. If I thought been domestic is all that mattered to be an excellent wife, we would have long parted ways.

Spouses should shove laziness aside and learn what makes their partners tick

And yes, it is rare for a loving husband to have problems of submission with his wife.

Again, it depends on the men define as submission

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Daresh: I agree. I have never met a man who truly loves his wife and she does not submit. You cannot treat a woman like crap and then force her to submit, abi na donkey e marry?

I disagree. We have several women who treats a man who bullies them better than a loving husband

Women like to test boundaries, the more weakness/loving you show the more they take you for granted

Or why is it that its the lovey dovey guys that girls shun and shove to the friend zone while 10 girls would be fighting over a known rough guy who slaps them everywhere.

Dont also forget the money factor especially when it comes to Nigerian/3rd world brought up women

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by soulglo: 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
dayokanu:

I disagree. We have several women who treats a man who bullies them better than a loving husband

Women like to test boundaries, the more weakness/loving you show the more they take you for granted

Or why is it that its the lovey dovey guys that girls shun and shove to the friend zone while 10 girls would be fighting over a known rough guy who slaps them everywhere.

Dont also forget the money factor especially when it comes to Nigerian/3rd world brought up women

I think you meant to say people test boundaries. Also since when are weakness and loving synonymous
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by dayokanu(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
soul_glo: I think you meant to say people test boundaries. Also since when are weakness and loving synonymous

A lot of women see loving as weakness and meanness as strong

A man who helps the wife with domestic duties always calling to check on her is easily tagged a weakling and woman wrapper even soon the wife would be like "What can John do?, Let me push the boundaries a little further. Let me tell come back after 11 without explanation afterall he would still beg me and say he loves me"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by soulglo: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
dayokanu:

A lot of women see loving as weakness and meanness as strong

A man who helps the wife with domestic duties always calling to check on her is easily tagged a weakling and woman wrapper even soon the wife would be like "What can John do?, Let me push the boundaries a little further. Let me tell come back after 11 without explanation afterall he would still beg me and say he loves me"

That's just a woman who never respected him in the first place. It has nothing to do with him doing chores. Human beings test boundaries. Honestly a woman who calls her husband a weakling or sees him as a weakling because he does chores deserves to be called a fool to her face. I think the main issue here is him wondering what outsiders including his own family would say if they see him do chores.
I don't want to divert this thread. I am really interested in learning how woman view the idea of being in subjection to anybody with rose tinted glasses grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
maclatunji:

I believe it comes more with a woman's upbringing and the values she has decided to priotise in her life. A woman who wants to be submissive would want a husband that she can respect and gladly follow.
all this things are just BASIC HUMAN RELATIONS.Ill give an example,i have a colleague and friend,he is married though but a perfect example of a perfect gentle man.he is very caring.he is someone that will stand up for a lady in a bus,i remember the time i was ill,he left his office with a lot of work he had to attend to,just to drive me to the clinic.with his own money he paid for the drugs the doctor recomended,always come home to check on me to see if my health was improving and any time he comes,he is always with a lunch pack.he will make sure i finish every thing,he took my clothes to the dry cleaner,cleaned my house for almost 2weeks. When i recuperated,i resumed work

i said let me go to mayowas office and find out how much he spent and all.this guy refused to answer me.i said mayowa,i owe you now,please tell me how much you spent on all the treatment,food and whatever,he didnt answer me.i said ok,then,thank you,but just know i still owe you sha and went back.i had to sit again and brood over the issue,when a colleague of mine came to my office for some official issh and find out how i was doing, i told her when i was away mayowa did this this and this and i went to his office to find out how much he spent,this guy refused to answer me,hope its not that he has an ulterior motive.she said ha,no na,that is how he is with everyone,i said really,so there are still guys like mayowa,she was like i think so o.we laughed and she went back to her office and i said i will find out whether it is true.

I watched this guy from a distant and realised what monica said is true.the point i am trying to make is that assuming a guy like mayowa is my husband,if he says shewa stand up,i will fly up without thinking twice,shewa sit down,i will sit down with immediate effect.love (not e?r-o'tic love) breaks women,it softens them.

Abou last year this same mayowa said shewa i want to have a birthday celebration and i need you to stay in my place for a wknd to help my wife with the domestic,cooking cleaning atending to visitors etc issh,of course i came,not just because i needed to repay him but i discovered he is just someone that loves genuinely without anything in mind,so it is with man/woman relationships and submission.

A lot of guys think until they use the gra gra approach or force her into submission through physical and emotional abuse,thats when the submission will come.even if it comes,it is not borne out of love and the day the venom in her heart is full and we will hear woman stabs man to death,woman commits suicide,woman sends robbers to rob her husband etc

the rest is what we find in violence section of nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
soul_glo:

That's just a woman who never respected him in the first place. It has nothing to do with him doing chores. Human beings test boundaries. Honestly a woman who calls her husband a weakling or sees him as a weakling because he does chores deserves to be called a fool to her face. I think the main issue here is him wondering what outsiders including his own family would say if they see him do chores.
I don't want to divert this thread. I am really interested in learning how woman view the idea of being in subjection to anybody with rose tinted glasses grin grin grin
i have have heard some guys say in their discussion that a woman can never respect/ submit to her husband if the man is a poor man,has no money as at that time,probably lost his job or the woman is the only one that bears the financial burden of the home, IT IS A LIE.IF the woman likes let her be richer than dangote,bill gates etc put together and let the husband be a factory worker that earns 5k a month,if she loves him,she will be very submissive and she wont let any of her family or friends know

its if she doesnt love him she will do the opposite
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by soulglo: 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
kulyie: i have have heard some guys say in their discussion that a woman can never respect/ submit to her husbabd if the man is a poor man,has no money at time or the woman is the only one that bears the financial burden of the home,IT IS A LIE.IF the woman likes let her be richer than dangote,bill gates etc put together and the husband is a factor worker that earns 5k a month,if she loves him,she will be very submissive and she wont let any of her family or friends know

its is she doesnt love him she will do the opposite

And really who the hell cares if people outside the home know. I personally could not be bothered. People who are too busy looking at other people's lives take their focus off theirs and let it fall to pieces. The one's who are living their lives the way it makes them happy keep investing their time in their relationship. Men who feel the way you said are the ones who built their relationship and their worth as a human being on silly things that even a child can accomplish. The ones who base theirs on mutual respect (not subjection of any kind) and submission to each other have a better chance of weathering the storms. You cannot submit to each other and at the same time not love each other. It is impossible. Surrendering to each other involves total trust. Almost not looking out for your interests because you know that the other person has your back. When you are subject to someone he does not have to have your back but you better have his back or he will break your back and not with great sex either. He will break your back the way you break the back of a slave that refuses to comply
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Last 3 points to the end make a lot of sense.the upper ones NA LIE.they care. cheesy Mens ego are taller than the sky scrappers in marina.if they know you know,you will see them swelling like agege bread that they soaked inside water
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by coogar: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
dayokanu:

spot on, bro!!!
you can't be too nice to women. a bit of roughness & unpredictability keep them on their toes. lovey-dovey boys are quickly friend-zoned while the unpredictable dude gets to pop the cherry.
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by maclatunji: 12:45am On Dec 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Grinning at the bolded.
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by maclatunji: 12:58am On Dec 04, 2013
kulyie: all this things are just BASIC HUMAN RELATIONS.Ill give an example,i have a colleague and friend,he is married though but a perfect example of a perfect gentle man.he is very caring.he is someone that will stand up for a lady in a bus,i remember the time i was ill,he left his office with a lot of work he had to attend to,just to drive me to the clinic.with his own money he paid for the drugs the doctor recomended,always come home to check on me to see if my health was improving and any time he comes,he is always with a lunch pack.he will make sure i finish every thing,he took my clothes to the dry cleaner,cleaned my house for almost 2weeks. When i recuperated,i resumed work

i said let me go to mayowas office and find out how much he spent and all.this guy refused to answer me.i said mayowa,i owe you now,please tell me how much you spent on all the treatment,food and whatever,he didnt answer me.i said ok,then,thank you,but just know i still owe you sha and went back.i had to sit again and brood over the issue,when a colleague of mine came to my office for some official issh and find out how i was doing, i told her when i was away mayowa did this this and this and i went to his office to find out how much he spent,this guy refused to answer me,hope its not that he has an ulterior motive.she said ha,no na,that is how he is with everyone,i said really,so there are still guys like mayowa,she was like i think so o.we laughed and she went back to her office and i said i will find out whether it is true.

I watched this guy from a distant and realised what monica said is true.the point i am trying to make is that assuming a guy like mayowa is my husband,if he says shewa stand up,i will fly up without thinking twice,shewa sit down,i will sit down with immediate effect.love (not e?r-o'tic love) breaks women,it softens them.

Abou last year this same mayowa said shewa i want to have a birthday celebration and i need you to stay in my place for a wknd to help my wife with the domestic,cooking cleaning atending to visitors etc issh,of course i came,not just because i needed to repay him but i discovered he is just someone that loves genuinely without anything in mind,so it is with man/woman relationships and submission.

A lot of guys think until they use the gra gra approach or force her into submission through physical and emotional abuse,thats when the submission will come.even if it comes,it is not borne out of love and the day the venom in her heart is full and we will hear woman stabs man to death,woman commits suicide,woman sends robbers to rob her husband etc

the rest is what we find in violence section of nairaland

Do not be surprised if Mayowa ends-up the wooden spoon.

The major reason you might be submissive to a man like Mayowa is that you are already inclined to do so on the condition that he treats you well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 04, 2013
ifyalways: Subjection ko, objection ni.
Shiorrrrrr.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 04, 2013
maclatunji:

Do not be surprised if Mayowa ends-up the wooden spoon.

The major reason you might be submissive to a man like Mayowa is that you are already inclined to do so on the condition that he treats you well.
exactly.if he didnt,he will get the exact opposite reaction from me
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 04, 2013
coogar:

spot on, bro!!!
you can't be too nice to women. a bit of roughness & unpredictability keep them on their toes. lovey-dovey boys are quickly friend-zoned while the unpredictable dude gets to pop the cherry.
it is not in all circumstance or with every female that this is always true or applicable

1 Like

Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by dinachi(m): 9:10am On Dec 04, 2013
If you are only submissive to you husband because he treats you well, then you are not really submissive. A submissive person will not change her orientation no matter how the husband treats her. On the other hand a submissive woman gets the best treatment from their husbands! Submission simply means to defer to your husbands leadership in recognition of his authority over the home.
Re: Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— by bukatyne(f): 11:15am On Dec 04, 2013
dinachi: If you are only submissive to you husband because he treats you well, then you are not really submissive. A submissive person will not change her orientation no matter how the husband treats her. On the other hand a submissive woman gets the best treatment from their husbands! Submission simply means to defer to your husbands leadership in recognition of his authority over the home.

So also if you love your wife because she treats us well, then you really don't love her grin. A loving person will not change his orientation no matter how his wife treats him. On the other hand a loving man gets the best treatment from their wives! love simply means to put your wife's needs and feelings above yours in your home.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In The Spirit Of Christmas, Please Stop Child Abuse/bullying / Was The Wife Inappropriate? / Lady Disgraces Herself In Public (viewer Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.