Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air (15335 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 22, 2012
Two news anchors at a Fox affiliate station in Bangor, Maine have sensationally quit live on-air, citing a longstanding battle with senior management over journalistic practices.

Co-anchors Cindy Michaels, 46, and Tony Consiglio, 28, shocked both staff and viewers by announcing their resignations at the end of Tuesday’s 6 p.m. broadcast.

Michaels, who was also the station’s news director, said she had grown frustrated with senior management's influence and desire for 'somewhat unbalanced news,' particularly in relation to politics.

There was a constant disrespecting and belittling of staff and we both felt there was a lack of knowledge from ownership and upper management in running a newsroom to the extent that I was not allowed to structure and direct them professionally,’ Michaels told BangorDailyNews.com.

Michaels, who joined the station in 2006, said a balanced journalistic approach was often frowned upon, although she wasn't specific about what political leaning senior management had expected the reporters to adopt.

‘I couldn’t do everything I wanted to as a news director. There was a regular undoing of decisions,’ she said.

Both Michaels and Consiglio said the idea to resign was something they had talked about for some time and so felt was right to make as a joint decision.

‘I just wanted to know that I was doing the best job I could and was being honest and ethical as a journalist, and I thought there were times when I wasn’t able to do that,’ said Consiglio, who joined the station in 2006 as a sports reporter before becoming a news anchor the next year.

Neither presenter told anyone of their decision prior to Tuesday’s broadcast for fear they wouldn’t be given the opportunity to say goodbye to viewers.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236355/Two-news-anchors-stun-viewers-quitting-local-Fox-affiliate-station-live-air-clashes-senior-management-unbalanced-political-news-items.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
Rss feeds on: www.naijamusicreviews.com

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by crusufixo(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Tuk about resigning with style !!!!!!!!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by almasterpiece(m): 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2012
WISH THEM ALL D BEST IN LIFE
MAKE D SENOIR MANAGE MENT BEGIN DO EVERY TIN
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by manny4life(m): 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
LOL, this is a slap to the Republican styled propaganda station. Damn, talk about resigning while smiling hard at same time? FAUX news, you better brace up for more defections to the other camp grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by oche419: 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Wow! This is interesting. grin
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
awww, that's so sad.

After much tears, I hope that they find better things.

2 Likes

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by thepo(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
When you stand for something you hardly for nothing. Hat up for ur courage. Erm...2nd

2 Likes

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by pingo(m): 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
Employment opportunities?
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by KingPradas(m): 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
Wetin consign naija for fox news anchor.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Khayordhe: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
I still dey wait 4 d tym wey such scene go happen 4 naija

1 Like

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
They should submit their CV in msnbc or NTA news
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by slimming: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: They should submit their CV in msnbc or NTA news
abi o
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by chux76(m): 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
Khayordhe: I still dey wait 4 d tym wey such scene go happen 4 naija

Make I half..

1 Like

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
that's nice.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by crazygod(m): 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
Co-anchors Cindy Michaels, 46, and Tony Consiglio, 28

Is it me or does the lady look 28 and the guy 46? Anyway they just comitted career suicide cos no T.V station or any media company will employ them.

5 Likes

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Mustay(m): 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
They were not being "ethical" as they claimed by reporting the irregularities of the company on the public domain. Anyway, it's not new for us to see reporters/journalists talk about the 'bad experiences' they once had but it's a misuse of platform too to announce their resignation to viewers on the platform they paid not for - they must pay for that airtime tongue

They attempted to seek the sympathy of clients they had 'garnered' whilst working with the station - hence, these viewers will follow them to their next base. . . UNETHICAL PRACTICES!

This generation is witnessing different breaches of protocol when it comes to employment contract these days - from announcing resignation on facebook to the twitter scandal that occured recently. . .

4 Likes

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by maingwaest(f): 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote
author=crazygod]Co-anchors Cindy Michaels, 46, and Tony Consiglio, 28

Is it me or does the lady look 28 and the guy 46? Anyway they just
comitted career suicide cos no T.V station or any media company will
employ them.[/quote] True talk.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by fluffybaby(f): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
pingo: Employment opportunities?

Omo, future Employers will scratch heads before taking them o. I mean, can they find any news agency that is as "innocent and clean" as they want?
If next employer f-up na CNN dem go go anounce resignation.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by zikclassiq(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
slimming: abi o
or ait
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by naptu2: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2012
Khayordhe: I still dey wait 4 d tym wey such scene go happen 4 naija

The closest to this that I remember is when a Cool FM presenter (I think his name was Steve Lane) objected to the way management planned to evaluate staff performance. He did this live on air. That was the last I heard of him.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by jaja77: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
I was just thinking the exact same thing!
crazygod: Co-anchors Cindy Michaels, 46, and Tony Consiglio, 28

Is it me or does the lady look 28 and the guy 46? Anyway they just comitted career suicide cos no T.V station or any media company will employ them.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by bright007(f): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
...they resigned?..wow..this act should be emulated by persons like Farook Lawan,GEJ,and most nigerian politicians
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Novice1(m): 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
KingPradas: Wetin consign naija for fox news anchor.

Our media staff (print, radio and TV)can learn from the principles exhibited b these 2 courageous individuals.

90% of the "news" on some media in Nigeria is Half truths, masked truths and at times outright lies.

1 Like

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Novice1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mustay: They were not being "ethical" as they claimed by reporting the irregularities of the company on the public domain. Anyway, it's not new for us to see reporters/journalists talk about the 'bad experiences' they once had but it's a misuse of platform too to announce their resignation to viewers on the platform they paid not for - they must pay for that airtime tongue

They attempted to seek the sympathy of clients they had 'garnered' whilst working with the station - hence, these viewers will follow them to their next base. . . UNETHICAL PRACTICES!

This generation is witnessing different breaches of protocol when it comes to employment contract these days - from announcing resignation on facebook to the twitter scandal that occured recently. . .

You sound like a CEO or top mgt of a media house

2 Likes

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by highlandre(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
If people followed news reports and commentaries of FOX News when Obama won his re-election to the White House, then it wouldn't come as a surprise the claims of the broadcasters that objectivity is shunned by the management of Fox News. Because the management of FOX News wanted Mitt Romney to win the election, their report of Obama's victory at the polls was very poor
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Eisenhower(m): 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
[quote
author=crazygod]Co-anchors Cindy Michaels, 46, and Tony Consiglio, 28

Is it me or does the lady look 28 and the guy 46? Anyway they just
comitted career suicide cos no T.V station or any media company will
employ them.[/quote]
who said they wouldn't be employed ?
if the management are politically biased and affiliated do you think they will be professional in their dealings ?
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by hunkydory(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
Is that the 46 year old Cindy Michaels?She looks so younger,like 30 something.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by susieQ1(f): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is really nice... Wishing them the very best of luck. I just they are Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​OΤ̣̣̥​ lovers, because it seems so strange for the lady to quit on the same day!!! BTW, if this were 9ja, they would think twice before taking such decisions because jobs are Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊​OΤ̣̣̥​ easy to come by these days!!! I wonder what her husband or spouse thinks of such decision and well, as for the guy I just hope you have stashed a lot of money cause you're going to need it. God help them.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by Goddex: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
Hope those guys at Punch, The Nation, TV & Radio Continental
can also shame thier Management by throwing in the towel mid-air.

...but are there jobs out there for them? No. So they will prefer
dying there in silence.

So sad how lies, mischief and propaganda are cooked up by top management
and forced down the throat of innocent ladies and gentlemen all in the name of employment.
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by MadCow1: 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by gregg2: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
Goddex: Hope those guys at Punch, The Nation, TV & Radio Continental
can also shame thier Management by throwing in the towel mid-air.

...but are there jobs out there for them? No. So they will prefer
dying there in silence.

So sad how lies, mischief and propaganda are cooked up by top management
and forced down the throat of innocent ladies and gentlemen all in the name of employment.

Re: Two Fox News Anchors Resign Live On Air by TableLeg(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2012
Fair enough

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Are Doing Now Vs What You Would Have Loved To Do. / How Can I Advance In My Career In The Banking Industry With A Biochem Degree? / Life As A Nurse – The Male Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.