Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers (8841 Views)

Martin Patience Joins Nigerian Soldiers In The Combat Region In The North(pics) / 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram / War On Terrorism: India Pledges To Train Nigerian Security - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
Milito:

Pakistani army may be superior to the Nigerian army but u guys are just over rating this Pakistani Army. Do u know how many times the Pakistani army has messed up with India & they were given slaps on the head by the Indians.

You guys should should go and read the full account of the different Indo-Pakistani wars & you'd be embarrassed about the flops of this Pakistanis. Even when they had the strategic advantage of surprise they still flopped. And they were even been supported by the United States all these times oh. Just because they were able to develop nuclear weapons almost 20 years after their arch-enemy, India made theirs doesn't make them so so special. Although they are still ahead of the Nigerian army but I don't see us gaining anything meaningful frm these dudes men!

The same Pakistan that has prevented India from becoming super power in South Asia? Seriously, stop downgrading a Milittary force that has the 3rd best intelligence in the world. If you want to use terrorism as a yardstick of the incompetence of Pakistani military, note that it's because it's Pakistani political groups that are branded terrorists by America. You don't expect Pakistan to ruthlessly go after political parties (Shiite, Sunni and now the Ankh wearing group forgot their name) and risk a full scale civil war that will consume their nation. They have to settle it among the groups and the truth is when one group is in power, they want to oppress the other groups so as to be able to hold on to power. If US had their nation divided into group of Arsonists, it will burn them. The strongest enemy powerful nations have is usually on their home front!
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
Next Afghanistan would offer teach us how to build roads

Vietnam would teach us wealth creation

Syria and North Korea would teach us democracy.

After 52 years if we are still fools, then I seems we may be destined to be fools for ever.

weep for your country

Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by manny4life(m): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2012
0lumide:

The same Pakistan that has prevented India from becoming super power in South Asia? Seriously, stop downgrading a Milittary force that has the 3rd best intelligence in the world. If you want to use terrorism as a yardstick of the incompetence of Pakistani military, note that it's because it's Pakistani political groups that are branded terrorists by America. You don't expect Pakistan to ruthlessly go after political parties (Shiite, Sunni and now the Ankh wearing group forgot their name) and risk a full scale civil war that will consume their nation. They have to settle it among the groups and the truth is when one group is in power, they want to oppress the other groups so as to be able to hold on to power. If US had their nation divided into group of Arsonists, it will burn them. The strongest enemy powerful nations have is usually on their home front!

Please how so? Enlighten us... India is amongst the BRIC's nations, waxing strength in both economic and military strength so please explain to us how they stopped them grin grin grin
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by MegaMan2020: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pakistani military? Lol, since when were they elite? The army is mainly made up of dumb Hausas. No wonder they eed help from Pakis.
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2012
manny4life:

Please how so? Enlighten us... India is amongst the BRIC's nations, waxing strength in both economic and military strength so please explain to us how they stopped them grin grin grin

Lmao!! BRIC is nothing military related. BRIC is like NAFTA not NATO. Read about the ISI.. I honestly don't have to be wasting my time typing when there are tons of articles, books, etc that will prove my point. Please read journals.
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by manny4life(m): 12:03am On Nov 26, 2012
0lumide:

Lmao!! BRIC is nothing military related. BRIC is like NAFTA not NATO. Read about the ISI.. I honestly don't have to be wasting my time typing when there are tons of articles, books, etc that will prove my point. Please read journals.

Do you like jumping into conclusion without reasoning? Who talked about NAFTA and NATO? What has NAFTA (Economic Trade Agreement of North American Nations), got to do with (NATO military alliance)? Besides, BRIC's is nothing but an acronym name given to them because they're all at same "ADVANCED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT". They have no mutual binding agreement like NAFTA nor NATO does, so it's neither like NAFTA nor NATO...

Again, GO BACK AND READ THE HIGHLIGHTED PART THAT I NEED THOROUGH EXPLANATION.

In case if you missed the memo, I asked

manny4life:

There are two things you can do here

1. Explain how they stopped them, OR

2. Drop it, and agree that you can't sell your idea on here.
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by ektbear: 12:19am On Nov 26, 2012
GenBuhari: Next Afghanistan would offer teach us how to build roads

Vietnam would teach us wealth creation

Syria and North Korea would teach us democracy.

After 52 years if we are still fools, then I seems we may be destined to be fools for ever.

weep for your country

Bros. Do you not get the point that Pakistan has a far more sophisticated army than Nigeria?

Why are you pretending as if their army is trash? They developed nuclear weapons, did they not? They battled India and didn't get destroyed, yes? Their ISI is able to manipulate events both in India and Afghanistan, yes?

Which of these things has Nigeria done? When did Nigeria develop nukes, or battle a country 8X+ its size in population?
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by ektbear: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2012
What has Nigeria done militarily ever, for that matter?

1960s civil war.

Peacekeeping activities.

And...that is it, yes?

I'm not saying that Nigeria should accept/take this offer or not. But some of you guys are acting as if it is even an insult for Pakistan to offer it.
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 26, 2012
manny4life:

Do you like jumping into conclusion without reasoning? Who talked about NAFTA and NATO? What has NAFTA (Economic Trade Agreement of North American Nations), got to do with (NATO military alliance)? Besides, BRIC's is nothing but an acronym name given to them because they're all at same "ADVANCED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT". They have no mutual binding agreement like NAFTA nor NATO does, so it's neither like NAFTA nor NATO...

Again, GO BACK AND READ THE HIGHLIGHTED PART THAT I NEED THOROUGH EXPLANATION.

In case if you missed the memo, I asked

There are two things you can do here

1. Explain how they stopped them, OR

2. Drop it, and agree that you can't sell your idea on here.

Ooo lawd! first of all, if you are going to argue with me, make sure you stay in context and whatever you say that is out of context will bring your argument to ridicule.
We are talking about military strength and you brought BRIC into the matter as if your argument for the strength of India's military depends on their shared military strength with other BRIC nation. And I explained to you that Bric is like NAFTA ie... a trade agreement not NATO a military alliance..

My friend go back to arguing about Igbo vs Yoruba.. You know nothing about the world. Use your internet connection for a better purpose and go read about the world
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by manny4life(m): 2:16am On Nov 26, 2012
0lumide:

Ooo lawd! first of all, if you are going to argue with me, make sure you stay in context and whatever you say that is out of context will bring your argument to ridicule.
We are talking about military strength and you brought BRIC into the matter as if your argument for the strength of India's military depends on their shared military strength with other BRIC nation. And I explained to you that Bric is like NAFTA ie... a trade agreement not NATO a military alliance..

My friend go back to arguing about Igbo vs Yoruba.. You know nothing about the world. Use your internet connection for a better purpose and go read about the world

Dude, you see your problem is that you want everyone to buy your idea of intelligence even when it reeks ignorance. On that note, I'm not arguing with you, however, I won't take your words - hook, line, sinker because you said so. You made an allusion that Pakistan "STOPPED" India from being a "SUPER POWER", and I asked, they are an advanced economic nation, so please explain, and here you are, beating around the bush.

For the context of what we speak of, the term "SUPERPOWER" is not ONLY the show of "military strength", it involves power to wield "Economic, Political, then Military influence", at least, that's how I know they're ranked and everything added on. You cannot talk about "super power" using one sided component "military", perhaps, I'll advice you to heed you own advice and understand what a "SUPERPOWER", so that next time you don't wrongly use the term.

I brought BRIC into it because, believe it or not, India, by default is indeed an aspiring super power by definition. They command all three component - Economic, Political, and Military influence/power.

I know nothing about the world, and YES I AGREE, heck I asked you to enlighten us, something hard for you to do, but you "GLOBAL EXPERT", who incorrectly used "superpower" rather than "military power" should be so PROUD of yourself. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Reminds me of Romney and his constant gaffe...I think you should reevaluate you knowledge, VERY important. grin grin grin grin
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by Idrismusty97(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Enlightening thread! Let me resurrect it cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by tit(f): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
it is better we get who ever is teaching shekau to teach our army.
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by omololu2020(m): 12:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Toaskarity: Jesus christ! nigeria is a shame!!!

Why are we associating ourself with these middle east self! can we handle the heat when it comes! this is a region that have been fighting since i was born! ok lemme assume that nigeria is so poor that pakistan a country so poor and backward that some of them take pride in not sending their children to school! omg!! this is a shame! they skip all the black poor africa countries near them to help nigeria lol i dont know if to cry or laugh because i find it funny & dangrous because i still have siblings and parent in nigeria anyway i wont blame them i blame 67 war that failed if not Im sure my region wont accept such nonsense!! too much of this associating with these pig muslim arabians is the reason terrorist that never been black culture now becomes nigeria culture. Even the last case of smuggled weapons after a year visit of iran president to nigeria has just vanished in the air! now its pakistan soon afganista. Tufiakwa!!!
so bcox pakistan r muslim,translate to dem been arabs abi,malaysia and indonesia are also arab countries,fool

1 Like

Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by Dibiachukwu: 3:15am On Aug 27, 2014
I think you should stick to training, Boko Haram for now.
Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by overhypedsteve(m): 4:05am On Aug 27, 2014
ballabriggs: Which kain insult be this now angry angry angry
its not an insult, i think those guys are about the most experienced in CTCOIn they ve trained officers from the us,china and Russia so why should we be exempted. Between their experience with the thunder birds and frogfoots is highly needed. All i am seeing is. New toys for the airforce boys

1 Like

Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by idupaul: 7:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Godjone: abi na we go train dia soldiers! World over, Nigeria is a country that av the best military service as far as galantry was concern.

This where the problem with our country lies, we don't know anything and yet we think we are the best .. How can Nigeria have the best military in gallantry , what does that even mean, who even gave Nigeria such a title .. What body is reaponsible for awardin best military in gallantry award sef..SMH

1 Like

Re: Pakistan Offers To Train Nigerian Soldiers by Ekundayo7: 7:18am On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmmm Isn't this like a Trojan Horse offer? I wouldn't trust the Pakis to set foot on Nigerian soil. Their military is just as corrupt and riddled with terrorist/sympathizer so I would not look that gift horse too deep in the mouth o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Woman "waiting" to Emerges as First "Elected" Female Governor in Nigeria. / APC Expects 6,800 Delegates Tomorrow / NNPC, Others Yet To Remit $22.06bn, N481.75bn To Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.